• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SinKillsYourSoul #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16172 battles
  • [VIO] VIO
Guys Im generally not active on the forum but I feel something must be said:

This Christmas I got some boxes from a friend of mine and was happy that I could finally get a collection (I thought.) Since last year I could not achieve it because it was too hard. (Like I did most of the missions but did not achieve it.) Well this year, despite receiving 11 premium boxes from a friend of mine, it was Impossible to even get near completing it.

Also what have I done: I saved 10.000 shards! Hopeing that I could complete my collection. So since there is a 'Randomizer' I randomized 50 times for 100 points. Since its random and there are more level 5 items this year, i should randomly get a lot of level 5 things since there are more lvl 5 then others to gain this year right. Well no.. I randomized 50 times and all I got was mostly low ones. Also, the more I was randomizing, the lower it got. Like the final 25 30 items or so were all lvl 1 and lvl 2 and not higher anymore. Then I tried it with the Lunar only for 20+ times (200 a time) and still same result and lost all my shards. (Got 1000 shard breaking down that level 1 and 2`s that I got).

For me this was a tragedy because now ofcourse I lost all of my shards and there is no way completing that collection. Also that extra pages in the collection, was that really nessacery? I mean.. probably would just not have made it if it was the same as last year, but now Im not even close?

For me wargaming has really went to far in expecting that people spend €200 during christmas on wargaming boxes as this was the only way to complete the collection. Sorry for the rich folks among us, but most of us simply dont have that much money arround to spend on a Christmas event.

Out of shards, out of time and out of boxes and not one collection complete.., a poor beginning of the new year.

xindarian #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12630 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
I am sorry you feel so bad about it, but your main error was to rely on full random. You should've crafted specific items you miss from the most gathered collection. I am missing 8 items from one of them now with donating as much as 3 boxes.

ThinGun #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40084 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

With respect, you need to work harder.  I spent 35 on premium boxes and completed the main missions up to level 10.  Got me some bags of gold and some freebie tanks and some awesome gift-wrap camo.

Since then, I've been earning 20-30 small boxes a day playing for about an hour a day.  By opening those boxes, I have managed to complete one album and am about 4 items short of completing another.  It's not about spending money, its about spending time.

yaourti #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA

View Postxindarian, on 11 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

I am sorry you feel so bad about it, but your main error was to rely on full random. You should've crafted specific items you miss from the most gathered collection. I am missing 8 items from one of them now with donating as much as 3 boxes.

Yes, your crafting strategy was very inefficient- you crafted lots of low level stuff that you would have got from boxes.

undutchable80 #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. Never craft baubles until the very last day (except to get your festive cheer up to level 10 asap). Since you can earn boxes daily, they may drop you a bauble you were missing and it didnt cost you crafting them. 

2. Never randomise, since you mostly get lower level baubles. If you are not going to spend money, and if you really want to craft, then craft level 5 and 4 baubles, since they drop the least in small boxes. Level 1-3 you should be able to fill up at least 95% by opening the small boxes alone. 

3. Since you can complete last year's books, and at a much reduced cost, AND NO RNG INVOLVED, maybe it would have been a better idea to complete last year's set and try next year for this year's camos?

I do feel bad for you, but consider it a lesson to take with you for next year's holiday ops. 

Cheezix #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39432 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I feel your pain and agree with you. I even spend €60 on large boxes (bought 11 and later 25 boxes + received 11 from a friend). Besides that I played 90% of the available days and got all the small boxes available for those days. I used them to only craft level 5 items and still I did not finish even one collection! Now trying to scramble the last small boxes to craft my missing decorations, but each time I get a duplicate which is really frustrating. Just wow...

Edit: Yesterday was great with lots of missions for small boxes. Please continue with this so we still have a chance!

Edited by Cheezix, 11 January 2019 - 11:23 AM.

xindarian #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12630 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostCheezix, on 11 January 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

I feel your pain and agree with you. I even spend €60 on large boxes (bought 11 and later 25 boxes + received 11 from a friend). Besides that I played 90% of the available days and got all the small boxes available for those days. I used them to only craft level 5 items and still I did not finish even one collection! Trying to scramble the last small boxes to craft my missing decorations, but each time I get a duplicate which is really frustrating. Just wow...

As with every lottery-style activities, there are lucky guys and there are unlucky guys. I have also not finished even one of them, but I purchased only 3 boxes in total. I noticed, that they drastically increased number of tier 5 items and added more duplicates. That means, the chances are quite lower than last year, but still a lot depends on luck. One of the russian streamers, who played a lot during holidays, opened ~150 small boxes and didn't get even 1 tier 5 (literally 0). So there's that :)

Fizzymagic #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48368 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
I just grinded through the small boxes and got 1 collection. The decorider allowed you to pick the decoration you wanted. Didnt get a random once!

Cheezix #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39432 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postxindarian, on 11 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

As with every lottery-style activities, there are lucky guys and there are unlucky guys. I have also not finished even one of them, but I purchased only 3 boxes in total. I noticed, that they drastically increased number of tier 5 items and added more duplicates. That means, the chances are quite lower than last year, but still a lot depends on luck. One of the russian streamers, who played a lot during holidays, opened ~150 small boxes and didn't get even 1 tier 5 (literally 0). So there's that :)

Indeed, it's okay to have RNG in the process, because it is part of the excitement that you can't always predict what you will get. But the point is indeed that there are a lot more decorations to collect, plus it seems we have the same amount of limited missions for small boxes that results in not enough resources to craft the items you need with RNG included.
11:00 Added after 1 minute

View PostFizzymagic, on 11 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

I just grinded through the small boxes and got 1 collection. The decorider allowed you to pick the decoration you wanted. Didnt get a random once!

So you never crafted a duplicate level 5 decoration when you already had 2 of the 3 of that specific kind?

Edited by Cheezix, 11 January 2019 - 12:01 PM.

TheDrownedApe #10 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

i just finished last years one and didn't bother on this years

perhaps apply logic next time

yaourti #11 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA

Last year's are more useful anyway, they can be applied to tier 6,8,9,10 tanks (not tier 7 strangely).

This year's are only for tier8 premiums and tier 10- I completed one but can't use it or even see it.

Have completed 3 of last year's and can see and use them but of course they are clown looks so I don't suppose I'll deface my tanks with them.

The bonuses are good, the cyborg crew are good, finishing collections is almost pointless.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72817 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSinKillsYourSoul, on 11 January 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Out of shards, out of time and out of boxes and not one collection complete.., a poor beginning of the new year.

Well, last year most did complete one. But even then you needed to play daily to get enough boxes. As playing for half the days won't get you that far in terms of gems. And also not waste shards early. I did not buy a single box last year. Got the Chinese camo, and was 2 lvl 5's short for the Russian one. 

This year most that I know said that did not get one collection done that still played every day. All did the same mistake. They wasted shards getting 2-3 collections done from last year once they got to lvl X. And for some that's a few thousand gems at least. Now they are short for the current one. This year I did not waste a single shard until last night. Nor did I craft as I went along. As wasting shards on something I might get tomorrow would be a waste. Then on the last day "14th" you have all the level 5 decorations you are currently using you can destroy. That should give you enough for a few more attempts. As that's more or less how I got close to two done last year. 

View Postyaourti, on 11 January 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Last year's are more useful anyway, they can be applied to tier 6,8,9,10 tanks (not tier 7 strangely).

This year's are only for tier8 premiums and tier 10- I completed one but can't use it or even see it.

I found that odd too. But... at least we got a full set of emblems and inscriptions "6 of them" this year. Not one of each for use on one season camo on one side of your tank. 

AzoreanOutkast #13 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11047 battles

This year completed last years ones, and 2 of this year, just remains to complete 2 more, only a few items to do it, and todays missions in the morning got 6 little loot boxes and i was surprised i got a level 5 decoration wich helps off course.

Lets see if in the last day crushing things i can get what i need to at least, complete 1 more, so only 1 remains to complete next year if they do same as this year.

Cheezix #14 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39432 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 January 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

This year most that I know said that did not get one collection done that still played every day. All did the same mistake. They wasted shards getting 2-3 collections done from last year once they got to lvl X. And for some that's a few thousand gems at least. Now they are short for the current one. This year I did not waste a single shard until last night. Nor did I craft as I went along. As wasting shards on something I might get tomorrow would be a waste. 

You still need more luck than dedication, because this year I completed my collections from last year which were about 75% complete (and bought less boxes last year compared to this year) and only crafted level 5 items for this years collections. You are right about waiting with crafting till the last day, because sometimes you do get a level 5 item that you already have because you crafted one. I will keep that in mind for next years holiday ops. :)

Edited by Cheezix, 11 January 2019 - 02:01 PM.

xtrem3x #15 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34976 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Wait until the last day when you have finished playing, then crush all your decorations that you are using to decorate your garage.

Prey to the RNG Gods that you don't use all the shards crafting duplicates.

I've been trying for over a week, using all my shards from all the missions each day to get the 1 tier 5 decoration I need to complete the Lunar set.

All I get are duplicates.

WarPig996 #16 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18411 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

Don't bother with boxes now, just for fun bought 2x 3 boxes... WG sure gave me a shitty stick deal, just got moneys worth of Gold and premium.

Even converting shards for useful ones gave me nothing, zilch, nada, F'all to collection, Barrel of goodwill from WG is empty of nice goodies boys and girls :confused:

Edited by WarPig996, 11 January 2019 - 09:29 PM.

etody77 #17 Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75114 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

Finished a collection from this year, bought no boxes, probably i will finish 1 from 2 remained from last year

No chances to finish 2 collection from this year playing for free...managed to receive 5 times 3 level 5 decorations..so ...my shards are lost there

DeadLecter #18 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32223 battles

This whole album thing can be completed only and only if you spend 200$ on boxes. Today I opened 60 small boxes. Had 232 decorations. Got only 4 decorations. Final number 236. Then I destroyed them to get the shards. I had over 5k shards. Since I know I can only complete 1 set and that is if I'm lucky I have decided to complete the first set. New year set. I have completed all T1, T2, T3 and T4 collections and all that's left is T5 decors. I had 5 of them and there are 19. So I went to that radio thingy. Set level to 5. Chose New year style but didn't choose a type and put it on random seeing as I had only 5 out 19 I thought there was a good chance I would get at least 3 or 4 new decors. If I had chosen the type I had to spend 1440 for each decor but without choosing a type it was 960. So I went ahead and crafted 5 decors. And remember I had 5 out 19. 4 of the crafted decors were already in my album. Got only 1 new decor. Obviously it is rigged. So you spend money to get a bunch of camos which is ironic since free to play games make money through cosmetic changes but WG is not satisfied with milking player with tanks and premium account now they are making it impossible for us to get our hands on these camos and only making it possible for those who spent hundreds of dollars on loot boxes. This is some new extent of greed.

View PostThinGun, on 11 January 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

With respect, you need to work harder.  I spent 35 on premium boxes and completed the main missions up to level 10.  Got me some bags of gold and some freebie tanks and some awesome gift-wrap camo.

Since then, I've been earning 20-30 small boxes a day playing for about an hour a day.  By opening those boxes, I have managed to complete one album and am about 4 items short of completing another.  It's not about spending money, its about spending time.

I think you don't even pay attention to what you get and what you have to do in order to get it. First of all you only get 11 boxes a day except for once a week you get more missions and therefore more boxes. On the remaining 6 days you can earn only 11 boxes. And one of the missions is to get 5 wins. Which if you play high tiers will take way more than 1 hour. Maybe 1 hour and half and if you are unlucky and get loss after loss you may not even get it in 3 hours. And those 11 boxes are barely enough to get shards for 1 T5 decoration.

Edited by DeadLecter, 12 January 2019 - 12:06 AM.

BlackBloodBandit #19 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6296 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 11 January 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

1. Never craft baubles until the very last day (except to get your festive cheer up to level 10 asap). Since you can earn boxes daily, they may drop you a bauble you were missing and it didnt cost you crafting them. 

2. Never randomise, since you mostly get lower level baubles. If you are not going to spend money, and if you really want to craft, then craft level 5 and 4 baubles, since they drop the least in small boxes. Level 1-3 you should be able to fill up at least 95% by opening the small boxes alone. 

3. Since you can complete last year's books, and at a much reduced cost, AND NO RNG INVOLVED, maybe it would have been a better idea to complete last year's set and try next year for this year's camos?

I do feel bad for you, but consider it a lesson to take with you for next year's holiday ops. 

This

I crafted only a few to get to lvl 10. Now I wait until the last day, crush all I have left and make 1 album finish. I only need lvl 4 and 5 for it. The few lvl 4 I take the few specific ones I need, because they don't cost much. depending on what amount shards I have left I do lvl 5 random on nation or more specific, but they are very expensive. I read that this year's can only be applied to lvl 10 and tier 8 premium.. very sad.. I'd rather put it on a tier 6,8,9 like last year's.

Wintermute_1 #20 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50000 battles

I completed all last years collections and decided just to try to complete the 'Snowflake' collection for this year. It's done except for a one level 5 decoration 'Splendid New Year Meal'.

There are 2 options for this decoration 'Splendid New Year Meal' and 'Sergeant's Dinner'.

I have now attempted to craft 'Splendid New Year Meal' 7 times and got 'Sergeant's Dinner' every single time.

That's 254 to 1. Either very unlucky or WG want those large boxes bought.

I'll probably get 1 more shot at it before the event ends, not expecting to get it completed though.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users