Disabling 3D Render Resolution hotkey

controls mods help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

AgiNagii #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29437 battles
Is there possibly a mod/config file/setting for disabling/changing the shortcut for lowering 3D Render Resolution in-game (Whenever I type "?" because i have nordic keyboard). I cant change it in settings because there isnt an option for it, appears to be a hardcoded shortcut. I asked support and the only suggestion they gave me was to change the keyboard layout in windows which i aint gonna do because it screws up all the other special symbols. I have been tearing my hair out because of this and if i have to go to my settings to bump it back to 100% one more time im gonna flip.. 
I couldnt find the right forum for this since the mods section had only tank skins -subsection. Please help.

wiggles #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34385 battles
This exists?

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Can't find the option you're referring to, so I'll try to provide a different solution:

I don't know which version of windows you're using, but on my Windows 7 I can enable multiple keyboard layouts which I can switch between using a key combination.

Personally, I got:

Alt+Shift+6: Mongolian.

Alt+Shift+7: US/International with Dead Keys (including most Norwegian special characters).

Alt+Shift+8: Japanese IME.

Alt+Shift+9: Russian Cyrillic.

This way I cannot accidentally press any of the key combinations to switch between layouts, while having them available whenever I need.

Using this example you could do the same for your Norwedian layout and US/Intl and switch to US/Intl when playing WoT while having your Norwegian one quickly and easily available for chat purposes.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 11 January 2019 - 10:44 PM.

Baldrickk #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31238 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
It might be in one of the config files,  despite nor being in the ui.
I'll take a look
19:27 Added after 0 minutes

View Postwiggles, on 11 January 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

This exists?

My thoughts too

Also tagged with controls, mods, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users