Rage sold garbage tank

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Discontinued #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2967 battles

Good morning fellow Forumites,

This tank Is the biggest con trick WG ever pulled, QB's faux outrage only added to the hype and hysteria  of this "gamebreaking" vehicle luckily or rather unluckily I won it by accident, I bought 3 boxes to get some gold for a sealclubbing crew , as they are better value than buying gold outright. To my amazement, all of a sudden an unusual animation appeared and wow I got the "game breaker" my initial feelings where one of smug cosiness I felt all warm inside!  

So Simon Claus and Judy snow and Jane winter now all had a home and where no longer staying in temporary accommodation in my barracks time to earn a living you Xmas punks!

So 70+ games have gone by only 1 was I ever top tier and in 2 games mid teir (admittedly id dint marathon it and only played a handful of games in it each day.

The crucks of the problems with the IS3A is this the gun is almost useless I would anecdotally say that between 60-90% of all shots bounce or miss even fully aimed shots at weak exposed and defenceless targets will miss or bounce.

I had a stationary arty around 100 meters away 2 shots out of 3 bounced and I get ks’d at the end.

Last night Himmesldorf a kind enemy OBJ257 goes afk I fire 6 fully aimed shots at his side 6 shots all bounce!

The gun on this is on a par with the T100LT in terms of unreliability.

Firstly I would be the first to say I need to "Git Good" this is not a troll post I'm being serious here I’m at around 10-13k battles on various accounts and generally have a history of playing and enjoying lights "pre nerf" I used to happily average 50-ish %  

Yeah I screw up quite a few plays often but the gun on this tank absolutely ruins it for me, its almost uselss and cant be relyed upon even at point blank!

After a string of utterly horrid unenjoyable/ boring games in the IS3A I rage sold it, along the the Mauenbrecher (don’t get me started, I could write a thesis on this p.o.s) and then even sold  EVEN 90.

I can only blame so much on bad teams and have to admit fool me once shame on me fool me twice same on me x2 or even x5 depending if it’s a weekend!

As tier 8 is such a crapfest I will personally be doing a one man boycott of tier 8 and plan to free exp my way past it in future as tier 9 seems to be the land of milk and honey at the moment.

My only regret is that I don’t have the ability to

This tank is in no way game breaking just heartbreaking!

Of course as forum rules dictate replay or it didn't happen and when I get home from "work" I will post consecutive replays or the "emperor’s new clothes" not just the good or bad games. You will see what I mean.

You will see!

Just another whine thread you will no doubt say and you are right.

Please I need a hug and a mug of tank hot chocolate I got something for free (kind of) and I don’t like it!

I just wish there was a way to gift this tank to someone, or set up a little market stall like in other games and sell or exchange it I just wish I could give it away to someone

Mainly to show them how sh1tty it really is!

Edited by Discontinued, 11 January 2019 - 12:36 PM.

qpranger #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34524 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
WG missed a trick here, should have made Defender the autoreloader.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25246 battles
Holy crap. It's him...!!

undutchable80 #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8951 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqpranger, on 11 January 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

WG missed a trick here, should have made Defender the autoreloader.

Welcome back after your sabbatical!!!

On topic: Havent played mine yet, so cant Judge right now. I do believe the inverse autoreloading mechanic is what breaks this tank.

Eokokok #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18583 battles
How can one talk about sealclubbing with stats like that... Not to mention playing a tier 8...

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11769 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Shooting 257 in the side is useless, you should now that by now

Discontinued #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2967 battles

THE QPR With 0 battles too!

I'm jealsous as fk

Is this a punishment for over usage of the terminology "see you next tuesday"

Being a west Londoner at heart and with many QPR fans as mates they always seem to enjoy using rather colourful language which is an enjoyable,intelligent and highly commendable trait

as my mates cars sticker used to say "a kick up the "r's"

If only i could gift him m IS3A

laulaur #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47268 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

It is beyond my understanding how people can suck so bad in that tank. All you had to do is go to the first corner, wait for the enemy to shoot (or not), get out and empty your clip (aka @1200 damage in 6 seconds).

Also the tank is very strong in hull-down positions because it does not have any weakspots on the turret unlike the normal IS-3....

IS-3A have APCR with 1400m/s and 225mm pen, 390 alpha, low profile, strong turret armor and 3 shots reverse autoreloader.

M4Rev also have APCR with 1400m/s and 390 alpha - but only 200mm pen, no atutoreloader whatsoever, is big as a house and have no armor at all.

qpranger #9 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34524 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I did win the IS3A from loot boxes and I played a few battles in it, nothing spectacular so far, maybe will play it more in Frontline.

Edited by qpranger, 11 January 2019 - 12:53 PM.

Discontinued #10 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2967 battles

View PostEokokok, on 11 January 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

How can one talk about sealclubbing with stats like that... Not to mention playing a tier 8...

The whole point in sealcluubing is to pad my stats,after playing this pooh pooh mobile

but I keep getting distracted by the shiny things

Squirrel!

But then how come I have better stats at tier 9 and 10!

Many moons ago back in 2013 I hated the IS3 too and haven't touched since, maybe it brought back bad memories!

Please WG let me give this tank to someone!

I suppose the real  issue is my lack of enjoyment in playing this tank,

Edited by Discontinued, 11 January 2019 - 12:55 PM.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68047 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
And here I thought I had seen everything. 

Simeon85 #12 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1097 battles

I went over the 257 thing in the other thread -

View PostSimeon85, on 11 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

View PostDiscontinued, on 11 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Last night on Himmelsdorf I had a very considerate OBJ 257 on the enemy team, I'm on the hill hes kindly gone afk & shown me the entire side of his tank so with a full complement of gold shells I let rip, every single shot bounces, hes still afk, again I reload all 3 shells bounce?

The lower half of the hull of the 257 is auto-bounce to all but guns with more than a calibre of 135mm, which means the 122mm of your IS-3A is not able to overmatch it and will just repeatedly bounce.

The upper part of the 257s hull is about 190 effective flat on, and then there is another part with spaced armour that is 250 effective.

Therefore if you are shooting at the flat side of an Obj. 257 with something like the IS-3A and it's 221 pen, there is a high chance most of the shots will bounce. 

If you see a 257 side on, you want to shoot upper part of the side armour - 

Posted Image

It's not a problem with your 3A (aside the 3A has bad accuracy) its a problem with the bad design of the 257s side armour which is idiot proof. 

As for the 3A itself, it's still massively powerful, that does not always tally with being fun to play.

The Type 5 is very powerful, very easy to play, but a lot of people do not find it fun because it's slow, huge and gets premium spammed (though 100% deserves that premium spam). Same with the Defender, its OP, very strong and almost any noob can do decently in it, but its still not that fast and the gun is derpy. Plus its a tier 8 so currently spends most of its time in tier 10 3-5-7 games (though it handles them way better than most premiums).

Same with the IS-3A, that autoloader is absurdly powerful, 1170 clip damage in 6s on a tank that is able to bounce stuff, barely any autoloader in the game is able to bounce stuff, PLUS there is no drawback to firing your whole clip, no vulnerability, which makes its auto-reloading system completely broken, if not OP.

But the tank is still a slow IS-3 with very bad gun handling which can make it frustrating and unreliable to play. 

mortalsatsuma #13 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13958 battles
Your post was so beyond stupid it summoned him back. 

Discontinued #14 Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2967 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 11 January 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

It is beyond my understanding how people can suck so bad in that tank. All you had to do is go to the first corner, wait for the enemy to shoot (or not), get out and empty your clip (aka @1200 damage in 6 seconds).

Also the tank is very strong in hull-down positions because it does not have any weakspots on the turret unlike the normal IS-3....

IS-3A have APCR with 1400m/s and 225mm pen, 390 alpha, low profile, strong turret armor and 3 shots reverse autoreloader.

M4Rev also have APCR with 1400m/s and 390 alpha - but only 200mm pen, no atutoreloader whatsoever, is big as a house and have no armor at all.

point is you bounce more than you hit even on fully aimed targets and yeah i'm a noob Please dont tell anyone 

4nt #15 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
Thing is that it has APCR as primary ammo. That can suck balls with such gunhandling that IS3A possesses. Aim at defender LFP- shot goes to UFP or even turret. Aim at speeding B-Cs center of mass, shot hits the turret front at autobounce angle, and so forth. I've found that only very short ranges and huge targets are only things that allow the 3A to work as seemingly intended, quite opposite how I used to play techtree version. Need to play little more tho.

AzoreanOutkast #16 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10158 battles

IS3A...

Shoot APCR on shots medium to long range, load heat for the close shots and that will get u half way to the spot u want, to perform.

Many ppl start shooting fast and waste their shots, play as a suport to other tanks, let other tank get shot and them move in for the kill, or go foward take the hit and dont shoot immediatly until u get to the side or rear of a target and them let it rip!

U can easily connect the 3 shots and reload fast enough to get that 4th shot in and finish the job while the enemy only gets to fire at most 2 shots and probrably wont connect both.

Its not by all means the tank the "hype" talked about all xmas...

But it isnt also as bad as some portrait it, many just dont take the time to really learn to use it, or play several battles in a row to get into the gameplay u need to actually do something with it and we see rage posts all over cause of this.

The only thing this tank has that is for me "broken" is the autoreloader mechanics being reversed, all rest is meh...

Edited by AzoreanOutkast, 11 January 2019 - 01:31 PM.

Discontinued #17 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2967 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 11 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

I went over the 257 thing in the other thread -

As for the 3A itself, it's still massively powerful, that does not always tally with being fun to play.

The Type 5 is very powerful, very easy to play, but a lot of people do not find it fun because it's slow, huge and gets premium spammed (though 100% deserves that premium spam). Same with the Defender, its OP, very strong and almost any noob can do decently in it, but its still not that fast and the gun is derpy. Plus its a tier 8 so currently spends most of its time in tier 10 3-5-7 games (though it handles them way better than most premiums).

Same with the IS-3A, that autoloader is absurdly powerful, 1170 clip damage in 6s on a tank that is able to bounce stuff, barely any autoloader in the game is able to bounce stuff, PLUS there is no drawback to firing your whole clip, no vulnerability, which makes its auto-reloading system completely broken, if not OP.

But the tank is still a slow IS-3 with very bad gun handling which can make it frustrating and unreliable to play. 

this is why i quit the Jap heavy line at tier 7 as well i find it unenjoyable 

mortalsatsuma #18 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13958 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 11 January 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Er, what? it has the exact same turret roof weakspot as the tech tree IS-3. Oh and the pen is 221mm not 225mm like on the standard IS-3. 

Dinux #19 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34811 battles

Hi bro

I sort of feel your pain, but that can be said on all Russian HT IS”m”-line since they all got trolly guns.

• It´s the inverse autoreloading mechanic that are the game breaking, nothing els stands out in this tank in my book. I hardly play it, Since I cant stand the poor speed on it and trolly gun.

I don´t agree that the gun are in par with the T100LT in terms of unreliability, but I get what you mean with ”heartbreaking” tanks. All T10 LT are usless since most T9/10 MT can spot so much better then higher LT classes. The T100LT is only fun for me cuz of its size and speed, nothing els really.

• IS3A, In my 48 Battles so far am always ending up in the lower MM. I have the same stat for Defender (51 Battles and shitty MM) IS7 (529) IS4 I rage sold it cux its sooo poor, my ”crap” list can be long here and they all have one commen thingi in it , its starts with IS and like all ”ism” its an bad thing in real life so even in this game ”for me”.

• Tier 8 is such a crapfest, yes it has been that for many years now. If WG going back to +- 1, they never gone fix it. And I don´t see that coming...

• Tier 9, its a blast for me and they are tank gems stil in the game to pick up, but I tend too find them in the lower tiers then (8).

• So, what so great about shitty ”ism” tanks, I use all my crews to the Russian MT line instead. Thats helps alot since I have been away from the game for soo long. I´m stil lagging behind on most users that prolly has +5 kills crew, but since I have the commen 4 on most tanks now I aint that far behind.

KillingJoker #20 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36349 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I don't remember the number of the IS-3A's i destroyed in the IS-6 rental week... but certainly more than i can count with my fingers

yet, i don't remeber being destroyed by one.. at least in single combat or having taken more than one shot from an IS-3A

I keep telling people the tank is not as overpowered as everyone sugests, and they laugh... the fact is, the IS-3A was one of the worse tier VIII heavies...

they add an autoloading system just to make it more competitive, and now people dream about the tank being overpowered...

when its not... the VK 100.01P is overpowered, the Defender is overpowered... well played these tanks can be competitive agains't tier X's... 

the IS-3A in other hand can't... and if it can't... there is no way you can claim this tank is overpowered. 

because its not... its simply a decent, situational autoloading heavy, you may wreak an enemy if they make a mistake of showing a profile of easy to pen armor in front of you when you are charged to fire, but even so, you accuracy is so bad, that you really have to be carefull in the way you aim... the aiming time is so bad in fact, that if you rush the shots as soon as they intra-reload goes, you will end up missing or boucing... its a tricky business...

I would compare the usage of the IS-3A as sniping with the Batchat 25t... if you know the batchat 25t... you understand how hard is to snipe in that tank, and how frustrating is to play from range and basicaly bounce or miss 80% of your clip... the IS-3A have 3 shells, and you will be lucky if you pen a set of 3 shells on one enemy...

the tank is well balanced, its too slow to go after soft targets (like mediums), and even against slow targets, you really have to know what you are doing.. otherwise you will end up bouncing the shots...

I have a decent in my IS-3A because i know how to play it, but that doesn't mean its op, i have similar winrate with other tier VIII heavies... the myth the IS-3A is overpowered, was indeed an histeria made by some streamers who just because got some 3k damage games in a row, instantly stated that the tank was overpowered when its not...

in fact, if you give the amx 65t or a Tiger II to the same streamers, they will reach the same level of damage... and everyone else knows these tanks are absolutely rubish a tier VIII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users