Ghioroc - A Unique Village Map Proposal (With Pictures And Minimap)!

new map proposal village game play tactics mode history historical

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

grizly1973 #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21508 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

Hi everyone!

You might already know me from my Arad map proposal. If you don't, you're in for a surprise! Make sure to check it out:

Anyways, today I'm back with something simpler and not as radical as Arad. I've got a mostly-historical Romanian village map, based on The Battle of Paulis. If you're interested in the historical background, check it out on Wikipedia. Here's the link: https://en.wikipedia...attle_of_Păuliș

As you can note from that short article, the village of Ghioroc was seized by the Royal Hungarian Army for a few days. Although it is not mentioned in the article, a talk with a local historian revealed to me that the Hungarians managed to get tanks into the village. It is not known if any were lost in Ghioroc, but for our map I'll pretend that some were. You'll see why they come in handy in a bit.

The map itself is supposed to depict the day after the Battle Of Paulis ended, hinting that you are playing a continuation of the battle. Destroyed tanks should be littered around the map and some buildings are destroyed here & there. The map is set on a sunny autumn day, preferably as the sun is setting (not a night map and still plenty of light don't worry). The field that stretches as far as the eye can see to the south of the map should have a few disabled tanks on it (not burning) and lush wind should gently blow the fully-grown wheat. It should all look like this, but with no hills in the back:

Keeping in mind that I'm trying to make this article a lot shorter than my first one, I'll jump straight to the layout and tactics and I'll cover the "tidbits" section last.

Without further ado, here's the layout & the tactics for each battle mode:

Spoiler

And now we go on to the tidbits section (i.e. buildings and props). 

Spoiler
12:59 Added after 1 minute
Thank you for reading! I'm eager to see what you think about the map and how it could be further improved!

Edited by grizly1973, 12 January 2019 - 12:35 PM.

SaintMaddenus #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Nice.  I would suggest NON-destructible buildings.  Use each row of houses as "staging areas"   so they can do "quick" dashes while arty reloads, etc.

grizly1973 #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21508 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 11 January 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Nice.  I would suggest NON-destructible buildings.  Use each row of houses as "staging areas"   so they can do "quick" dashes while arty reloads, etc.

Most of the houses found along the roads should be completly destructible. This will make it a lot more interesting for medium tanks to duel each other. Just think about it. The non-destructible houses (i.e. bigger ones) should be placed along the northernmost road and along the road cutting the map north-east. That's to allow heavies and TDs to have at least some cover. Darn I should have numbered the streets for easier reference. I'll keep this in mind for the next proposal though. :honoring:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
Appreciate the effort and time you take to make these proposals. This one is really good, it got a sweet Prokhorovka vibe to it, very clean and open design.

dan_dix #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16057 battles

The important question is

Where is the palinka located? :P

grizly1973 #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21508 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 11 January 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Appreciate the effort and time you take to make these proposals. This one is really good, it got a sweet Prokhorovka vibe to it, very clean and open design.

I knew I forgot to mention something! Yes, you are completly right! This is essentially a Prokhorovka, but with roads and houses along the elevated hilld in the fields, and the battle taking place 90 degrees to what you have on Prokhorovka!

Thank you! I went for a much more open map to test my map designer skills after the dense city map I made (Arad).

13:20 Added after 2 minutes

View Postdan_dix, on 11 January 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

The important question is

Where is the palinka located? :P

You might get some from that mulberry tree plantation. :P Or get a good wine from the vineyard? :great: I also forgot to mention that each house yard should have a grape press because the village is essentially a wine king in the whole region. And it keeps this title since a very long time ago.

Also tagged with new, map, proposal, village, game, play, tactics, mode, history, historical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users