How would I fix and make the game more engauging.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

elexier #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18193 battles
  • [BSC] BSC
Been thinking lately and listening and watching vid's by QB and TMJ, And been wondering if I could, what would I do to fix this game we all love and love to hate.

And I came up with a few things that INFURIATE me, (And I dare say many many others) So here is my list.

- All Crew start at 100%, no more 50%/75% crew.
This would help quite a lot with the seal clubbing. And would also help with some of the utterly PAINFUL grinds that exist.

- Sixth sense baked into the tanks not the crew.
Like in world of warships,  Infact I would go as far to rip the basic spotting from World of warships, meaning, you get spotted, the light bulb turns on, and STAYS on while your spotted, as soon as you break Line of sight you go unspotted and the light bulb goes off. This will help newer players know they are spotted and to move. It will also help light tanks do their spotting job without getting instant jibbed before the sixth sense even goes off.

Moduels and tank upgrades.

Lets face it, no one enjoys playing a tier 8 tank using a tier 6 gun.

So my suggestion here would be to massivly reduce the exp cost of new moduels and shift that reduced exp onto unlocking the next tank, This would NOT speed up the grind through tier's, but would help remove the crappy grind to get your tank to a point where you can be effective. In the early tiers, this isnt really an issue,  But later on, tier 6 upwards the grinds to get the new engine/gun ect are PAINFULL.

And I'd also add more maps, having 3-4 maps at a set tier gets dull quickly.

And to make Wargaming more money, Make Premium time more worth it, (More credits ect)

Thats what I would change, How about you ?

qpranger #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34448 battles
For my eyes this game is already as engouging as possible.

Homer_J #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postelexier, on 11 January 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Thats what I would change, How about you ?

I don't like any of those changes.

New players start with 100% crew, they then get given another 100% 5 man crew and the commander gets 6th sense.

I would have more modules to research and wherever possible have more than one viable top configuration.  Unlocking new stuff is fun, having a 300k grind to the next tank isn't.

And 6th sense I would move to radio op but only when he is 100% trained.

Also not so sure about having the bulb stay on as long as you are spotted, there's a skill to knowing when you are not spotted any more.

Xandania #4 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38676 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Things that might indeed help to revitalize the game / decrease infuriated new players:

100% crew so your tank does as advertised

sixth sense is a goto first perk for commanders that virtually everyone picks. As such it wouldn't really matter if it was put on the tank or added for free on each commander

Mixed bag:

While I sypathise with the desire to upgrade the tanks as quickly as possible I fear a huge xp-price at the end will be demotivating. I'd rather see all guns viable and suited for different kinds pf playstyles

Premium accounts make enough money already - more money, more goldspam and noone wants that happen to him/her/it/fluffy furry rodent. But WG announced a buff to prem accounts ^^

Err - what?

Maps - only area where I encountered seriously limited maps is tier 1 and 2.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67938 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postelexier, on 11 January 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

- All Crew start at 100%, no more 50%/75% crew.
This would help quite a lot with the seal clubbing. And would also help with some of the utterly PAINFUL grinds that exist.

Lower tiers gets 100% on the tier 1's. And free 100% crews in the new player missions for other tanks. But WOT blitz recently changed their ways. As in 50% crews are gone, and 75% is now free. And tbh, it's not the worst idea. 

- Sixth sense baked into the tanks not the crew.
Like in world of warships,  Infact I would go as far to rip the basic spotting from World of warships, meaning, you get spotted, the light bulb turns on, and STAYS on while your spotted, as soon as you break Line of sight you go unspotted and the light bulb goes off. This will help newer players know they are spotted and to move. It will also help light tanks do their spotting job without getting instant jibbed before the sixth sense even goes of

WOWS has it, because there you are in the open 90% of the time, not hiding behind a bush. And once spotted, it's not like you can turn around or reverse to get into cover in a second or two. It takes a long time for a BB to pull that off and get safe. So there having no 6th sense, or the spotted warning would make the game worse off for most. That and it's not on a 6 sec timer. It's on constantly when spotted. As their spotting system works differently. As in 100% on LOS. Once broken you get de-spotted. It's not like WOT where you are still spotted once you get behind the hill. So instead WOWS made their skills you have to unlock to show how many guns are aiming on you, and a warning about an incoming salvo as their "6th sense" if you will. 

And to make Wargaming more money, Make Premium time more worth it, (More credits ect)

Premium time is getting a rework. As in what? Not sure yet. But after Personal reserves gave the same bonuses. WG did feel it was not worth getting. And less and less are indeed buying it after PR came. 

And I'd also add more maps, having 3-4 maps at a set tier gets dull quickly

There are almost 10 maps on different stages in Super test, some for low tiers only. But I doubt we will even see half of them in the end. But a map is not made and tested in a few weeks. iirc WG said it takes months pr map. So don't expect too many to flow in soon. But limited? Unless you play tier 1 and 2 all day long. Most won't see that as an issue. As even tier 4-6 have a wide array of maps that they also pull tier 3 into. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 January 2019 - 03:42 PM.

elexier #6 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18193 battles
  • [BSC] BSC

View PostXandania, on 11 January 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

sixth sense is a goto first perk for commanders that virtually everyone picks. As such it wouldn't really matter if it was put on the tank or added for free on each commander.

Mixed bag:

While I sypathise with the desire to upgrade the tanks as quickly as possible I fear a huge xp-price at the end will be demotivating. I'd rather see all guns viable and suited for different kinds pf playstyles

Premium accounts make enough money already - more money, more goldspam and noone wants that happen to him/her/it/fluffy furry rodent. But WG announced a buff to prem accounts ^^

Err - what?

Maps - only area where I encountered seriously limited maps is tier 1 and 2.

Sixth sense, agreed, It really quite insane how much your survivability goes up when you get sixth sense.

In part I agree, having a choice of gun to fit your play style would be nice, the biggest issue I find is usually in the engine/tracks/radio and in some cases the Turret. (For example a T-29 with the top turret plays MUCH differently to a T-29 with the stock turret), My couter argument would be, what would you rather do, play 30-40 games in a (Lets be honest) tank that performs sub pardue to lack of upgrades, or play those 30-40 games in a tank where you can actually be useful instead of just a exp pinyata for the enemy team.

As for the gold rounds thing, My thinking is, If more people are buying premium time, then gold ammo can just go bye bye, or changed into something else that isnt just an I win button (Because thinking is hard)

As for Maps, I must just be getting really unlucky, 30-40 games a day and I generally see 3-4 maps FAR FAR more than I see others, this is at tier 8, yes I see others but it always feels like its few and far between, maybe just the map rotation needs sorting out then.

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 January 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

WOWS has it, because there you are in the open 90% of the time, not hiding behind a bush. And once spotted, it's not like you can turn around or reverse to get into cover in a second or two. It takes a long time for a BB to pull that off and get safe. So there having no 6th sense, or the spotted warning would make the game worse off for most. That and it's not on a 6 sec timer. It's on constantly when spotted. As their spotting system works differently. As in 100% on LOS. Once broken you get de-spotted. It's not like WOT where you are still spotted once you get behind the hill. So instead WOWS made their skills you have to unlock to show how many guns are aiming on you, and a warning about an incoming salvo as their "6th sense" if you will. 

Premium time is getting a rework. As in what? Not sure yet. But after Personal reserves gave the same bonuses. WG did feel it was not worth getting. And less and less are indeed buying it after PR came. 

There are almost 10 maps on different stages in Super test, some for low tiers only. But I doubt we will even see half of them in the end. But a map is not made and tested in a few weeks. iirc WG said it takes months pr map. So don't expect too many to flow in soon. But limited? Unless you play tier 1 and 2 all day long. Most won't see that as an issue. As even tier 4-6 have a wide array of maps that they also pull tier 3 into. 

Ok, well something inbetween then.

Take an example, on Malanovka, you get spotted by a scout, you move out of the scouts VIEW range, but your still inside the RENDER range of enemy tanks, and they can still see you and shoot you, So how about, if your out of enemy VIEW range or Direct line of sight, you go unspotted. Because how the hell do you know what the spotted tank is doing if no one can actually see it, like if its behind a building/mountain ect.

Oh I know that about the maps, just annoys me that the console version has a bunch of maps we've either never seen, or used to have but no longer do. Port being one of them, I used to love that map.

And I had another thought, this might help with the low tier maps being usable at heigher tiers.

simply have a weather effect, fog/smog, smoke from a forrest fire whatever reduce the view range of all tanks on that map by x%

Province too small for tier 10's, oh look its got foggy, visability for all tanks reduced by 25%, and suddenly all the tier 10's have view ranges equivilant to that of tier 2-3.

infact I'd go one further and maybe just reduce the view range of all tanks across the board by like 10%, this would make all maps feel about 10% bigger...maybe, not a difficult change, and would be something thats easily tested I'd imagin. Just a thought

ThinGun #7 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36354 battles

Not sure I agree with any of those things as 'improvements'.

Couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing though ...

1) Ability to select ammunition AFTER finding out what map you're playing

2) Ability to restore health (as in Frontline) on the principle that 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' .. I'd suggest something like a 5% increase in HP for every 30 seconds played.

Dorander #8 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18686 battles

View Postqpranger, on 11 January 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

For my eyes this game is already as engouging as possible.

Oh my cruel gods, you can post again...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users