• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Dikkeh0nd #61 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22404 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostTijsbeek993, on 12 January 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Do you think unicoms are still unicoms when they fight against unicoms? NO!
Do you think a unicom wil get the same WN8 when battling against red's?

This suspect has been talked a lot about, this game is MMO with "RANDOM" matchmaking.
The gamemode you play is "RANDOM" battles.

Go play a different game or reroll again.

You haven't done your reserach.
Go play "Ranked Battles" if you want lower stats, then you wil fight against [edited]good people.

What a bad statement this is..:facepalm:

You presume unicums are only unicum because they farm bad players?

They are called unicum for a reason, Most unicums are real good players who will perform good no matter what.

And with unicum i mean the players with at least 20 or 30k battles. Not talking bout the rerollers ofc. (which can  be good players ofc).

And dont you think that we would have seen more unicums in randoms if they really enjoyed sealclubbing reds?

The fact that we hardly see any unicums in randoms says enough for me.

Edited by Dikkeh0nd, 12 January 2019 - 03:10 PM.

Rati_Festa #62 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45364 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

In my whole life I have played many games.  From Pong on a Binatone what you might call a games console these days but such a term had not been invented then.  Real arcade games in real arcades, where you got very little entertainment for your money.  Through the ZX81 and Spectrum (too many games to mention), On to PC games starting with Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, LAN games of Doom II, Duke Nukem 3D, Red Alert, then online with Quake II, RtCW, ET, ET:QW, DoD Source, RO, TF2, Left 4 Dead, BF:BC2, I forget half of them, a bunch of single player games too numerous to mention.  Have a PS1, Xbox 360, Wii which have been fun in their time.

NEVER EVER anything in a ranked or competitive mode.  Apart from a bit of CW which I decided wasn't for me.  I can get all the stress and challenge I want at work.

Nowadays I'm happy playing WoT for my gaming fix, I did dabble in Boats but it was boring and Planes before they wrecked it, then again when they fixed it until they wrecked it again.  Also tried Blitz but it just doesn't do it for me.  Tried some other mobile games but either the tiny screen doesn't cut it or it's just mindless tap tap tappity tap.  Angry Birds was good for a while though.

Ive heard Tetris and Barbie are good too :)

I and you have a very similar video gaming history. I have even played barbie :) with my daughter though not solo.

If the OP is a real new player he has made a very quick jump to the stats and xvm. It took me 10000 games before I even considered looking at my progress, I was having to much fun playing to be that interested. Its a bit of a mixed blessing for me xvm as it can quite easily start to make you ask weird questions. A large proportion of the forum posts are formed from a third party application ( xvm ) its a very odd symbiotic relationship the game has with xvm.

A lot of people take it incredibly seriously, a lot dont know it even exists or care little of it. This scenario of enlightenment and ignorance creates some rather obscure discussions around balance and mm. What always amazes me though is the fixation with player skill balance in mm when the tanks arent even balanced anyway. Wg cant even be bothered to get the mechanics of the game fair, why would they be interested in the skill of players.

I wonder if wot would have been as successful as it is without xvm.

Dikkeh0nd #63 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22404 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostRati_Festa, on 12 January 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Ive heard Tetris and Barbie are good too :)

I and you have a very similar video gaming history. I have even played barbie :) with my daughter though not solo.

If the OP is a real new player he has made a very quick jump to the stats and xvm. It took me 10000 games before I even considered looking at my progress, I was having to much fun playing to be that interested. Its a bit of a mixed blessing for me xvm as it can quite easily start to make you ask weird questions. A large proportion of the forum posts are formed from a third party application ( xvm ) its a very odd symbiotic relationship the game has with xvm.

A lot of people take it incredibly seriously, a lot dont know it even exists or care little of it. This scenario of enlightenment and ignorance creates some rather obscure discussions around balance and mm. What always amazes me though is the fixation with player skill balance in mm when the tanks arent even balanced anyway. Wg cant even be bothered to get the mechanics of the game fair, why would they be interested in the skill of players.

I wonder if wot would have been as successful as it is without xvm.

Good question m8.. And my gaming history is exactly the same as you and homer_J

Geuss we are all about the same age then :)

Homer_J #64 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 12 January 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

You presume unicums are only unicum because they farm bad players?

They are called unicum for a reason, Most unicums are real good players who will perform good no matter what.

So if every unicum has a similar unicum on the other team in every battle they play they will keep their 60%+ win rate?:confused:

Frostilicus #65 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22495 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
This kind of whiney flounce thread is just about as useful as arty whine threads - it's a core game mechanic, WG aren't going to change it, so why bother whining about it - accept that this isn't the game for you and move on...

Element6 #66 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30222 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

So if every unicum has a similar unicum on the other team in every battle they play they will keep their 60%+ win rate?:confused:

It puzzled me too. I thought the very idea of being a unicum was that you are playing against just about only worse players than yourself.

yakaart82 #67 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1632 battles

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 12 January 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

got to love the guy, openes a thread but can't be bothered to explain what he is about. :teethhappy:

Please go read one more time everything what i said.

Im talking about matchmaking. Giving you an example and how it should look. If its unclear to You propably you need to read some thing 5 times.

Thanks to guys who trying to gave some advice, replies about matchmaking.

For others... Looking one more time to all replies, looking for another threads and holy [edited], for many people reroll is most important thing on this forum.

Its seems like you should be red player after XX games or you playing on second account. They are no other options. Some of you really need break from this game/forum.

Good luck all, bb.

Dikkeh0nd #68 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22404 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

No.. Winrate is not what defines a unicum.. They always know what to do in every battle which leads to high avg damage and killratio.

The fact that they are able to do that, automaticly leads to a good winrate.

nakkipeppu #69 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31809 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

View Postyakaart82, on 12 January 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Im talking about matchmaking. Giving you an example and how it should look. If its unclear to You propably you need to read some thing 5 times.

The example is just your opinion, and people are challenging that. It's not a fact. You listed games with ranked matchmaking and leagues, then again, there are games, such as older CS versions (every version up until GO), Battlefield series etc. that have completely random matchmaking by design. WoT matchmaking should do what it's designed to do, and it ships random people into matches based on their tank tier, and tank types. WoT also has ranked matchmaking in other game modes, with varying success, but random battles are exactly what they are presented as - random battles. Ranking works sorta ok when the player numbers are low, but by default, these are uncoordinated 30 player matches (60 for Grand Battles), and as such, deriving actual representation of whatever skill means in the game becomes incredibly hard as there are ridiculous number of variables and uncertainty, and in a game like this, actually assessing on what input somebody had for a game becomes harder. Sometimes I see suggestions of ELO-based ranking, but it really works only in games that are played 1 on 1. When you add more and more players in the mix, things start breaking down. 

Ranking in wot is simple. Instead of leagues, you have your winrate. More you win in the long run, the better player you are. And you're rewarded by winning more, you get more credit and exp. That's it, some people are rewarded from the tech tree progress (through extra credits and exp), some are motivated by having a bigger number at their statistic screen, some are motivated by seeing more tanks blow up in a session than their counterparts. The problem with ranked matchmaking is that the framework of the game isn't designed to progress through ladders, there is no incentive to perform better, as this would punish you with harder matches. Looking at reasons for motivation I listed before, balancing players through whatever metric was decided on skill to be, you'd lose the motivation the better you become.

Look at this way, you win slightly more matches than average player does now (it's somewhere in 48.5% range because of draws). As such, you - in the long run - get better teams than your average players, because every time your team is guaranteed to have one above average player (= you), whereas your opposing team isn't granted this privilege. You need to look past that single match, and realize that every player playing random battles in this game get these same single matches, do your best, and go for the next game. Turn off XVM if that distracts you from this reality and gets you demotivated. Everybody has the same, fair chance, of winning in a larger set of matches, it's up to you if you want get hung up on a single one and give up because of that.

Homer_J #70 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 12 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

No.. Winrate is not what defines a unicum.. They always know what to do in every battle which leads to high avg damage and killratio.

The fact that they are able to do that, automaticly leads to a good winrate.

So having a Unicum on the other team wouldn't reduce their average damage?  And exactly which players is it they get this damage and kill ratio from?  It wouldn't be because....

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 12 January 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

they farm bad players

..would it?

Fact is, that's exactly where the damage comes from.  because they face predominantly worse players.  Any attempt to balance the teams would, by definition, reduce the effectiveness of good players.

Edited by Homer_J, 12 January 2019 - 04:41 PM.

Dikkeh0nd #71 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22404 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

So having a Unicum on the other team wouldn't reduce their average damage?  And exactly which players is it they get this damage and kill ratio from?  It wouldn't be because....

..would it?

Fact is, that's exactly where the damage comes from.  because they face predominantly worse players.  Any attempt to balance the teams would, by definition, reduce the effectiveness of good players.

Please quote me correctly.

I do not agree with you on this point. But thats not a bad thing.

I have played with alot of unicums and these guys still amaze me with their gameplay. They always seem to make the good decisions and do well every game.

Most unicums i know didnt get their stats in the random games we have these days. And yea if ANY unicum will play with the current randomgame playerbase he will do beyond good.

nakkipeppu #72 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31809 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 12 January 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Please quote me correctly.

I do not agree with you on this point. But thats not a bad thing.

I have played with alot of unicums and these guys still amaze me with their gameplay. They always seem to make the good decisions and do well every game.

Most unicums i know didnt get their stats in the random games we have these days. And yea if ANY unicum will play with the current randomgame playerbase he will do beyond good.

There's no explanation that would suffer a critical look that your average player is worse these days than in the beginning.

In every other game, sport, or any sort of competitive endeavor the opposite is true. 

SiliconSidewinder #73 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28039 battles

View Postyakaart82, on 12 January 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

Please go read one more time everything what i said.

Thanks to guys who trying to gave some advice, replies about matchmaking.

For others... Looking one more time to all replies, looking for another threads and holy [edited], for many people reroll is most important thing on this forum.

Its seems like you should be red player after XX games or you playing on second account. They are no other options. Some of you really need break from this game/forum.

Good luck all, bb.

you must be really bad at speaking your own language if you think you explained anything.

and answering requests to elaborate your points the way you do is unfriendly at best.

I therefore dub thee troll.

goodbye.

Kartoshkaya #74 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23788 battles

View Postyakaart82, on 12 January 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Can you explain?

If your reroll is so low then your main is probably pure garbage. However I'd like to see what's your real playcount just for the laugh.

gpalsson #75 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 23025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postyakaart82, on 12 January 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

You really need explanation for this picture?

Yes, I don't see the problem. Maybe you should uninstall XVM if you can't handle the colours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users