48 Hours Left to Get Your Large Boxes

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

FREDERINKO #41 Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18052 battles

View PostHoldes, on 13 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

There's hardly any reason to buy the boxes any more, unless you want to run the slot machine again to see what happens.

Slot machine?

There is no randomness!

You can "win" Santa Claws crew member only ONCE per account - as it is stipulated.

It means: there is an algoritm for purchased boxes. And this can compute and depend on your history of spending for WG, tanks in your garage etc. !!!

People wake up!

P.S. From a few boxes I got all the 3D skins, absolute useless for me as I do not have the tanks...

r3mision #42 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24307 battles

30 box new year + over 10 times craft this sh = no full colection/no cammo

thx wg for stupid random everywhere in this game

this is verry stupid... for 60 euro only for new year boxes you can't finish it

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by r3mision, 13 January 2019 - 10:11 PM.

Kultanaamio #43 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29890 battles

View Postsimeon_ellas, on 13 January 2019 - 01:15 AM, said:

i am trying to get the last decoration on the decorider its the tier V christmas  Fine Silver Garland. and i spend like 10x1440 shards 

and still getting only the other one from the set so how to get that thing is it maybe bugged? anyone got it? 

No, i have same problem. Missing two from Christmas collection. Only getting Santas hat from last years collection. Tried many times. Created a ticket to support.

HadurHun #44 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 71514 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR
Yes buy boxu because the failcorator doesn't work except as intended to give you 7 times the decoration you dont need and then you run out of shards! Even with 100 bought boxes the failcorator failed on getting me the decorations i needed!

Edited by HadurHun, 13 January 2019 - 10:38 PM.

Rimsplitter #45 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25913 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
Well I completed the fourth album tonight but I'm pretty sick of playing WoT right now.  However, it won't seem the same without the accordion playing in the garage.

Supreme_King_997 #46 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30302 battles
  • [-RIS-] -RIS-
Any info on will we get this years Holiday Ops styles next Christmas to complete like they did now?

PlasticGangsta #47 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28119 battles

View PostSupreme_King_997, on 14 January 2019 - 12:02 AM, said:

Any info on will we get this years Holiday Ops styles next Christmas to complete like they did now?

Hope so, I need one last Tier V for the Xmas collection and I have run out of shards. I am thinking of taking my decorations down. That is 15 Tier V to smash but I do not want to lose my Level X rewards and bonuses. Still I have loved Xmas this year and last year, a little World of Tanksed Out at the monent and God knows I am not usually a great fan of WG but I think they make Xmas really enjoyable and special. I have 25 million credits! I do not think I ave ever had more than 10 million. Well done WG, thx for a great fun holidays I look forward to next year. One thing though. Ease the RNG on the little boxes. I saved up 60 odd little boxes and didn't get a single Tier V. They are only camo's and you give away so much stuff during the events it cannot hurt to let a few more people get one or two of the collections. I understand it is the hook to keep people playing to the 14th but if you eased it a bit people would carry on playing for the bonuses and for the chance to finish other collections. Looking forward to the next holidays already. Yee Haa

Edited by PlasticGangsta, 14 January 2019 - 02:38 AM.

Midnightsun1912 #48 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25490 battles
So after giving WG a big  credit with real money and getting tons of Gold you would expect  WG bend over backwards to give the players opportunities to spend the Gold.  Alas not even the  24th was available for Gold. Neither the offers later on...just for real money again.  So why should we spend more money  on Loot boxes if we cant use the content anyway?

8126Jakobsson #49 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 80721 battles

View PostHadurHun, on 13 January 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

Yes buy boxu because the failcorator doesn't work except as intended to give you 7 times the decoration you dont need and then you run out of shards! Even with 100 bought boxes the failcorator failed on getting me the decorations i needed!

My little brother ran out of shards after getting the wrong tier five 13(!) times in a row, and thus could not complete his collection. That's pretty rough. 

eekeeboo #50 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:32 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47353 battles

View PostMidnightsun1912, on 14 January 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

So after giving WG a big  credit with real money and getting tons of Gold you would expect  WG bend over backwards to give the players opportunities to spend the Gold.  Alas not even the  24th was available for Gold. Neither the offers later on...just for real money again.  So why should we spend more money  on Loot boxes if we cant use the content anyway?

There are many items in-game you can spend your gold on, I understand you may not want to spend it on those items, but they are there, as are many premium vehicles if you choose to do so. 

Flint_74 #51 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13969 battles

To all of you lovely people complaining about how the decorider kept dropping duplicate items, and thus wasting the limited number of shards you had from the small boxes, it's worth keeping in mind that this is at least the second, and maybe even the third, christmas event in a row where that issue has been raised on here.

And yet, despite that fact, each time the subject comes up on here there is NEVER any comment about it from the sons of fun at WG, and so still nothing has been done to fix it. Frankly at this point I'm getting kinda fed up of keep raising the issue to no effect, but I WILL keep pointing it out, because we're obviously not happy about it and so it clearly needs to be said.

But that issue's on top of the fact that for players who haven't reached Tier 6 yet, a sizeable number of the small mission boxes still weren't even available to them, so for them, most of whom are new players to the game, completing any of the collection books without buying any large boxes would have been largely impossible, and thus suddenly the Christmas event starts feeling less and less Christmassy. So why not just make ALL of the Christmas missions available to Tier 4+, instead of making a couple of them be for Tier 6+? That way more players, especially newer players, will have more of a shot not only of completing the Atmosphere portion of the event, but also one, some, or all of the collection books too, so that they have some rewards to look forward to using once they progress further into the game.

And as for the giving away of premium tanks in large boxes and then expecting players to spend coins or gold on recruiting their own crew(s)... players just spent ACTUAL CASH buying those large boxes WG, the absolute very least thing YOU could have done is put a bloody crew, even if it was only a 50% crew with no skills, in those tanks, I mean seriously... I don't know how they do it in Belarus, but Christmas is normally supposed to be about giving, not giving with one hand and taking away with the other at the same time...

Edited by Flint_74, 14 January 2019 - 01:38 PM.

CmdRatScabies #52 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostFlint_74, on 14 January 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Whinging & whining.

Honestly.  If someone gave you a Porsche you'd complain it only had half a tank of petrol.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #53 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21037 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Honestly.  If someone gave you a Porsche you'd complain it only had half a tank of petrol.

Well, if it was one of those soccer mom minibuses..:P

While getting album camos or not getting any doesn't matter much, I wonder if it was even theoretically possible to get an album full without buying any boxes? Any numbers guys around?

Long_Range_Sniper #54 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37972 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFlint_74, on 14 January 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

But that issue's on top of the fact that for players who haven't reached Tier 6 yet, a sizeable number of the small mission boxes still weren't even available to them, so for them, most of whom are new players to the game, completing any of the collection books without buying any large boxes would have been largely impossible, and thus suddenly the Christmas event starts feeling less and less Christmassy. 

You get a tier 6 tank for free when you complete the training missions which has been the score for a while. If you joined the game before this changed, and still haven't managed a tier 6 tank with all the boosters and promotions that have been available for free then I think the Xmas promotions are the least of your playing worries. Equally you might want to reflect on the number of low tier games you have spent playing, and consider if you'd used that time and XP on higher tier tanks you'd have been able to benefit more from the promotions as well. Your decision to stay playing low tiers isn't the fault of WG.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 14 January 2019 - 02:13 PM.

Homer_J #55 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

Field Marshal

• 32879 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

And as for the giving away of premium tanks in large boxes and then expecting players to spend coins or gold on recruiting their own crew(s)... 

I thought not having crews with those tanks was a bonus because I could drop my own trained crews in without having to clog up my barracks or sift through dismissing each one individually.

The whole idea of having a premium tank is that it doesn't have it's own crew.  Premium tanks should never come with crews unless there is something special about them, and just being trained to 100% isn't good enough.

eekeeboo #56 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 47353 battles

To all of you lovely people complaining about how the decorider kept dropping duplicate items, and thus wasting the limited number of shards you had from the small boxes, it's worth keeping in mind that this is at least the second, and maybe even the third, christmas event in a row where that issue has been raised on here.

And yet, despite that fact, each time the subject comes up on here there is NEVER any comment about it from the sons of fun at WG, and so still nothing has been done to fix it. Frankly at this point I'm getting kinda fed up of keep raising the issue to no effect, but I WILL keep pointing it out, because we're obviously not happy about it and so it clearly needs to be said.

But that issue's on top of the fact that for players who haven't reached Tier 6 yet, a sizeable number of the small mission boxes still weren't even available to them, so for them, most of whom are new players to the game, completing any of the collection books without buying any large boxes would have been largely impossible, and thus suddenly the Christmas event starts feeling less and less Christmassy. So why not just make ALL of the Christmas missions available to Tier 4+, instead of making a couple of them be for Tier 6+? That way more players, especially newer players, will have more of a shot not only of completing the Atmosphere portion of the event, but also one, some, or all of the collection books too, so that they have some rewards to look forward to using once they progress further into the game.

And as for the giving away of premium tanks in large boxes and then expecting players to spend coins or gold on recruiting their own crew(s)... players just spent ACTUAL CASH buying those large boxes WG, the absolute very least thing YOU could have done is put a bloody crew, even if it was only a 50% crew with no skills, in those tanks, I mean seriously... I don't know how they do it in Belarus, but Christmas is normally supposed to be about giving, not giving with one hand and taking away with the other at the same time...

A lot of players were able to complete at least some of the collection, gain the bonuses and get some sizeable discounts from only playing for free, even at tier 6. 

No matter how much you giveaway and how much free things you provide, there will be someone or some people complaining they want more free things. 

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 14 January 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

While getting album camos or not getting any doesn't matter much, I wonder if it was even theoretically possible to get an album full without buying any boxes? Any numbers guys around?

​It is possible but you'd better have done every RNG good luck ritual you know! 

Axarn #57 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28214 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 January 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

A lot of players were able to complete at least some of the collection, gain the bonuses and get some sizeable discounts from only playing for free, even at tier 6. 

No matter how much you giveaway and how much free things you provide, there will be someone or some people complaining they want more free things. 

I can not agree with this, eekeeboo.

I do understand your point of view, there are load of people who got their decorations up and running and received their nice bonus and free crew members, the problem people are complaining about, is not about giveaways or free things WG provides.

I have purchased a few boxes on my way, and got my tier X tree up and running within a few days. I was able to get all the camo's i needed from last year, yet i have no camo from this year.

I needed 5 tier V decorations to complete my setup for one camo. After selling every single ornament, i was able to purchase 10 tier V decorations by melting my tier own V's.
The generator gave me 8 exactly the same ornaments and two different onces, leaving me room to spend another penny for next years tree.
I am fine with WG placing restrictions on the chances you get to claim your ornaments, but 2 out of 10, is a bit... meh..

Kerrigan23 #58 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24051 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

Hey guys, does anyone here know if I lose the women crew in case I don't recruit them before update 1.4?

I have all my rewards collected besides recruiting the women and I keep getting this message: "You have some unused rewards. Do not forget to activate them before the release of Update 1.4!"

It would be stupid to force me to recruit now, since I would prefer to keep them for the upcoming Swedish meds...

Tigerjock #59 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17020 battles
  • [WDRGN] WDRGN
Dunno what everyone is moaning about. I bought 3x 11 boxes then my gf bought me 25 boxes. From that lot i got all the premium tanks plus extras which were changed into gold (IS3A three times!). Also got all the skins and from the decorations i completed two from last year and got three from this year leaving the lunar set as i wasn't keen on it. Grand tally 78days premium time, 46k gold nearly 8m credits and a load of repair kits, fire extinguishers and med kits and a load of extra garages. i would call that a very good haul for a change. I was complaining about the Caernarvon being cash only purchase but this more than makes up for it. Account will be subbed for the next 12 months and i'll use the remainder to change some XP and creds

Flint_74 #60 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13969 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 January 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

In the words of the legend that is David Fletcher, "If you don't agree with me, then just keep it to yourself."

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 14 January 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

You get a tier 6 tank for free when you complete the training missions which has been the score for a while. If you joined the game before this changed, and still haven't managed a tier 6 tank with all the boosters and promotions that have been available for free then I think the Xmas promotions are the least of your playing worries. Equally you might want to reflect on the number of low tier games you have spent playing, and consider if you'd used that time and XP on higher tier tanks you'd have been able to benefit more from the promotions as well. Your decision to stay playing low tiers isn't the fault of WG.

I've got plenty of tier 6 tanks to keep me amused, thank you.

And as for having so many low tier games... maybe that's because I felt (and still feel) like taking my time and trying to learn the game, and have at least some fun with it, instead of being just another one of those desperate sheeples who rushes through the games tiers as fast as they humanly can to get to tier 6 and above without bothering to learn even some of the basics, thus becoming yet another one of those 40% winrate mid/high tier noobs who drags the rest of their team down in every single game because of their inexperience/incompetence.

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 January 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Lucky them, I'm simply questioning WG's logic and reasoning behind not making all 11 of the Christmas missions available to Tier 4+, would it permanently break the game if WG were to do such a generous thing?

I mean it certainly can't be because the couple of Tier 6+ missions in this event would have been too tough to finish at Tier 4 or 5, because to be honest, if anything they'd have been even easier to finish at those lower tiers than they were at tier 6, so I'm curious why WG decided to prevent tier 4 and 5 players from at least attempting those couple of extra missions?

I also notice you didn't comment on the original question of the Decorider dropping unending numbers of duplicate items though... any chance of getting a meaningful response from someone/anyone at WG on this question please?

View PostAxarn, on 14 January 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

I can not agree with this, eekeeboo.

I do understand your point of view, there are load of people who got their decorations up and running and received their nice bonus and free crew members, the problem people are complaining about, is not about giveaways or free things WG provides.

I have purchased a few boxes on my way, and got my tier X tree up and running within a few days. I was able to get all the camo's i needed from last year, yet i have no camo from this year.

I needed 5 tier V decorations to complete my setup for one camo. After selling every single ornament, i was able to purchase 10 tier V decorations by melting my tier own V's.
The generator gave me 8 exactly the same ornaments and two different onces, leaving me room to spend another penny for next years tree.
I am fine with WG placing restrictions on the chances you get to claim your ornaments, but 2 out of 10, is a bit... meh..

This is precisely the point I was trying to make earlier. After having raised the Decorider issue previously, and because I don't have any tier 8 vehicles (I'm currently Tier 6 at most), I treated this years event as something of an experiment to see just how far the small boxes would actually go towards fully completing the event.

Thus I completed the Atmosphere thing to Level 10 using only shards from items from the small mission boxes.

I then used more shards from small mission boxes to mostly complete last years four collection books, from which I was missing some 40-50 items (N.B. I didn't buy any large boxes last year).

Then, after buying 15 large boxes this year, and receiving a bunch of time, gold, credits, a KV-220-2 sans crew, and various collection items, and after fully completing last years books, and after also having had the Decorider craft countless level 3, 4 & 5 duplicates from this years books at considerable expense in terms of wasted shards, I ended up exactly nine level 4 and 34 level 5 items short (in total) from completing all four of this years books.

And even if I'd recycled all 15 items saved for the Atmosphere thing (which I didn't), that still would have only given me enough shards to craft TWO level 5 items and ONE level 4 item, with a small amount of shards left over.

Thus the ONLY way for me as a tier 6+ player to have fully completed all parts of the Christmas event this year would have been to buy a considerably larger number of the Large boxes than I did, and while that would have given me all kinds of useful and gratefully received rewards, because the Decorider seems to be completely incapable of crafting any item without wasting shards by first dropping at least one (and generally more) duplicate unwanted item(s) , I can only imagine just how many large boxes, and thus how much actual cash, it would have actually required.

View PostKerrigan23, on 14 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hey guys, does anyone here know if I lose the women crew in case I don't recruit them before update 1.4?

I have all my rewards collected besides recruiting the women and I keep getting this message: "You have some unused rewards. Do not forget to activate them before the release of Update 1.4!"

It would be stupid to force me to recruit now, since I would prefer to keep them for the upcoming Swedish meds...

If you have sufficient gold to make it work, to be honest maybe it would be safer/easier if you bite the bullet and just recruit them into one of the few existing Swedish mediums for now, all of which are 4 seaters, until the new mediums turn up in 1.4

Just a thought.

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 14 January 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

Approx. 452 small mission boxes were available to Tier 6+ players across the duration of the event.

That equates to approx. 1356 random level 1-5 items, where level 1 items were most common and level 5 items were almost as rare as hens teeth.

If all 1356 items were level 1 that equates to 13560 shards (10 shards per item) which equates to enough shards to craft just NINE specific level 5 items in the Decorider.

Conversely, if all 1356 items were somehow level 5 items, that'd be 339000 shards, with which, presumably one could have a reasonable shot of crafting all of the remaining level 1-4 items, not allowing for the fact that the Decorider dropped a sometimes ridiculous amount of duplicates which in turn wastes an inordinate amount of shards.

Also, because missions 10 & 11 were not available to Tier 4 & 5 players , the number of small boxes available to those two tiers was only (approx) 364, or 1092 random level 1-5 items, which would have been worth somewhere between 10920 and 273000 shards.

Thus. presuming a Tier 6+ player already had the 4 'collection 2018' books fully completed, and presuming the small boxes they got didn't drop too many duplicates and also dropped a significant number of higher value level 4 & 5 items, and also presuming the Decorider didn't screw them over too terribly, then yes, in theory completing just one 2019 book should have been very achievable, while completing multiple, or all, of the 4 'collection 2019' books without resorting to the purchase of any Large boxes should have been plausible, but increasingly unlikely.

But the big question is, just how many Tier 6+ players were in that exact position, and had that amount of good luck, and so actually completed multiple or all four 2019 books without buying any large boxes?

Of course, for a max. Tier 4 or 5 player, the situation would have been even harder because of the reduced number of small boxes available to them (88, or 19.4% fewer boxes in fact).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users