• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Homer_J #61 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKerrigan23, on 14 January 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Hey guys, does anyone here know if I lose the women crew in case I don't recruit them before update 1.4?

I have all my rewards collected besides recruiting the women and I keep getting this message: "You have some unused rewards. Do not forget to activate them before the release of Update 1.4!"

There is no time limit on recruiting the female crew but it sounds like you have not applied all the tank discounts.

Long_Range_Sniper #62 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFlint_74, on 14 January 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

I've got plenty of tier 6 tanks to keep me amused, thank you.

And as for having so many low tier games... maybe that's because I felt (and still feel) like taking my time and trying to learn the game, and have at least some fun with it, instead of being just another one of those desperate sheeples who rushes through the games tiers as fast as they humanly can to get to tier 6 and above without bothering to learn even some of the basics, thus becoming yet another one of those 40% winrate mid/high tier noobs who drags the rest of their team down in every single game because of their inexperience/incompetence.

Not rushing through the tiers is indeed an admirable approach to use. But for that approach to work there must come a time when you leave the nursery slopes and step onto the piste.

The thing is your recent winrate is almost identical to your overall winrate which shows you're probably not learning anything. In actual fact you're dragging your team down at tier V/VI because you've got way more experience than most players in the tanks you're choosing to play but you're not maximising the benefit of those excellent crews. You're not even seal clubbing.

You look to be doing the same thing game after game and somehow expecting different results.

Rushing through the tiers doesn't mean you can't progress in a measured way and take a step back. If your norm is 51% winrate and you go to tier 7 and start getting 45% winrate, then you build up to you can acheive 51% and then progress to tier 8.

Which is why you appear to have wasted ample opportunity to get to higher tiers, and it's not WG's fault that you decided to repeat the same tactics over and over again at tier V without improving, thus missing out on many of the Xmas box benefits.

Diminios #63 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2712 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View PostHomer_J, on 14 January 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

There is no time limit on recruiting the female crew but it sounds like you have not applied all the tank discounts.

I get the same warning, but all the tank discounts are applied. It's just that I haven't recruited 3 out of the 4 female commanders.

Midnightsun1912 #64 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25028 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

There are many items in-game you can spend your gold on, I understand you may not want to spend it on those items, but they are there, as are many premium vehicles if you choose to do so. 

Thank you for the reply.

Nevertheless, I see gold already as credit for WG to be spend on something special in the future.

After spending real world money  on a game for a virtual currency and all new and interesting vehicles are not sold for gold  anymore(Besides most of the Chistmas calendar) I feel not very much inclined to spend more money on WG products . 

There are some changes to the worst in the past:

- New premimuns are not added to the main tech tree after 1-2 patches as in the past.

- Some old vehicles you spend money on are forgotten for  example the british tier 7 heavy tank

- Why changing the rules for the christmas calendar midway so for example no  24th tank for gold?

- Special offers during this time again not for gold after you virtually flooded the game with in game currency 

scorpion_amd13 #65 Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22122 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 14 January 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

I'd like an official response, frankly. I have every reward assigned except the female crew members. They specified there is no time limit on recruiting them, but since this is WG we're talking about, it is quite likely they have "changed their minds" in the meantime. They seem to like doing that.

View PostDiminios, on 15 January 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

I get the same warning, but all the tank discounts are applied. It's just that I haven't recruited 3 out of the 4 female commanders.

Same here, only that I haven't recruited any of the female crew members. Still waiting for someone from WG to clarify. You'd think this wouldn't be so hard.

Homer_J #66 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postscorpion_amd13, on 17 January 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

I'd like an official response, frankly.

Don't call me Frankly.

Official response can be found here.

The female crew members can only be earned by reaching a higher Festive Atmosphere level, and you can get Simon Claws exclusively through Large Boxes. There is no possibility of buying them directly. You can recruit either of them whenever you want; there is no expiration date.

Read that again - there is no expiration date.

there is no expiration date.

there is no expiration date.

How much clearer can they make it?

Quaksen #67 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View PostHomer_J, on 17 January 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

How much clearer can they make it?

They could make it clearer, by not having the ingame popup, saying you have unclaimed rewards, and that they need to be claimed before 1.4, when all you haven't claimed, is the crew members.

That appears, even if you only have the crew left, and already activated all discounts.

Edited by Quaksen, 17 January 2019 - 09:40 AM.

Homer_J #68 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostQuaksen, on 17 January 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

They could make it clearer, by not having the ingame popup, saying you have unclaimed rewards, and that they need to be claimed before 1.4, when all you haven't claimed, is the crew members.

That appears, even if you only have the crew left, and already activated all discounts.

Funny thing is.... I don't get that popup.  And I have all the girls and the pervy old man to recruit.

Edited by Homer_J, 17 January 2019 - 09:53 AM.

Quaksen #69 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View PostHomer_J, on 17 January 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Funny thing is.... I don't get that popup.  And I have all the girls and the pervy old man to recruit.

So that's broken too then, lol. Why am I not surprised.

I get it every game launch. All discounts activated already. (Checkmarks for all of them, including the tank icon)

Homer_J #70 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostQuaksen, on 17 January 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

So that's broken too then,

Mods?

Quaksen #71 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View PostHomer_J, on 17 January 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Mods?

Happens with and without. And I'm hardly the only one, as you can see above too.

Homer_J #72 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostQuaksen, on 17 January 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Happens with and without. And I'm hardly the only one, as you can see above too.

Just trying to narrow it down.

I don't get it on either PC or Laptop, or on my son's account.

8126Jakobsson #73 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77896 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 17 January 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

Just trying to narrow it down.

I don't get it on either PC or Laptop, or on my son's account.

Pure vanilla and it's always there for me to see in the notification center (general). And the personal notification shows me a red icon every now and then to remind me of the crew members that are waiting in the barracks. 

eekeeboo #74 Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46919 battles

View PostMidnightsun1912, on 15 January 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

Thank you for the reply.

Nevertheless, I see gold already as credit for WG to be spend on something special in the future.

After spending real world money  on a game for a virtual currency and all new and interesting vehicles are not sold for gold  anymore(Besides most of the Chistmas calendar) I feel not very much inclined to spend more money on WG products . 

There are some changes to the worst in the past:

- New premimuns are not added to the main tech tree after 1-2 patches as in the past.

- Some old vehicles you spend money on are forgotten for  example the british tier 7 heavy tank

- Why changing the rules for the christmas calendar midway so for example no  24th tank for gold?

- Special offers during this time again not for gold after you virtually flooded the game with in game currency 

There are still premium vehicles added and changed in rotation, but the patches are not always about content, as they once were when premium vehicles were added more frequently. 

Vehicles aren't so much forgotten, but if the tanks is found to be performing where it's intended to be there's not much reason to re-visit it. Unless you mean forgotten in terms of being sold, then it's important to sell popular vehicles not just obscure ones. 

The calendar wasn't changed "midway" through, only the last offer was not available for gold and this is why the article stated some not all offers would be available for gold. 

Gold is thankfully something that doesn't exactly go out of date, or suddenly become pointless and have no relevance in game. You can always use it to retrain crew, convert xp etc. 

View Postscorpion_amd13, on 17 January 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

I'd like an official response, frankly. I have every reward assigned except the female crew members. They specified there is no time limit on recruiting them, but since this is WG we're talking about, it is quite likely they have "changed their minds" in the meantime. They seem to like doing that.

Same here, only that I haven't recruited any of the female crew members. Still waiting for someone from WG to clarify. You'd think this wouldn't be so hard.

You have the official response also readily available in the article. Just like you say "you think this wouldn't be hard" - I'm not sure how many different times and ways you would like clarification about the time limit? Being confrontational to people offering help is how you make sure no one tries to help you in future when you ask for an official response repeated to you multiple times. 

scorpion_amd13 #75 Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22122 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 January 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

You have the official response also readily available in the article. Just like you say "you think this wouldn't be hard" - I'm not sure how many different times and ways you would like clarification about the time limit? Being confrontational to people offering help is how you make sure no one tries to help you in future when you ask for an official response repeated to you multiple times. 

I did read that already. If I hadn't, I'd just go by the information in the in-game notice and recruit the crew asap.

I'm not the only one who still gets the notice even though all that's left to do is recruit the crew members. No mods, no nothing. So we have two official sources directly contradicting each other. I don't think asking for official clarifications is confrontational in any way, but it is common sense to ask. Everyone else who answered doesn't work for WG and wouldn't know whether something had changed since that article was posted or not. Don't you think this is rather reasonable?

I also don't think a snide reply is appropriate given the circumstances.

Long_Range_Sniper #76 Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 January 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Sorry eekeeboo, but it is confusing. Here's a screenshot from my client.

Spoiler

You can see the notification pop-up at the bottom. Activate rewards before update 1.4, and all I've got to get are two crew members? So what haven't I activated? Bug?

I know a lot of people are holding back crew members for the wheeled tanks in 1.4, and so there's an increased concern requiring clarification.

eekeeboo #77 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46919 battles

View Postscorpion_amd13, on 17 January 2019 - 06:35 PM, said:

I did read that already. If I hadn't, I'd just go by the information in the in-game notice and recruit the crew asap.

I'm not the only one who still gets the notice even though all that's left to do is recruit the crew members. No mods, no nothing. So we have two official sources directly contradicting each other. I don't think asking for official clarifications is confrontational in any way, but it is common sense to ask. Everyone else who answered doesn't work for WG and wouldn't know whether something had changed since that article was posted or not. Don't you think this is rather reasonable?

I also don't think a snide reply is appropriate given the circumstances.

It's just as much how you say something as what you say and how you interact with others on the forums. When you're given the official information and your reaction is confrontational. More so when someone is trying to help, and that's your reaction, further to the point when multiple statements have been made about no deadline. It wasn't a snide reply, it was blunt and to the point, as you responded negatively to a softer explanation previously. 

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 17 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Sorry eekeeboo, but it is confusing. Here's a screenshot from my client.

Spoiler

You can see the notification pop-up at the bottom. Activate rewards before update 1.4, and all I've got to get are two crew members? So what haven't I activated? Bug?

I know a lot of people are holding back crew members for the wheeled tanks in 1.4, and so there's an increased concern requiring clarification.

I can see the notification, and the feedback we've put in as the community team is to try and clear up some of the confusion. But this appears to just be an over-zealous notification trying to remind people to use their rewards before the UI disappears, whereas the crew recruitment doesn't rely on the UI you get notifications to visit. 

Long_Range_Sniper #78 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posteekeeboo, on 18 January 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

I can see the notification, and the feedback we've put in as the community team is to try and clear up some of the confusion. But this appears to just be an over-zealous notification trying to remind people to use their rewards before the UI disappears, whereas the crew recruitment doesn't rely on the UI you get notifications to visit. 

Cheers.

Could you get one of the developers to transfer that "over zealous" code from the notification software, and put it in the 3/5/7 MM software so I get an equal and fair chance of being top tier now and again?

:B

Gremlin182 #79 Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 57168 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 12 January 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Let me get this straight.

You want to pay for a discount on a premium tank?

I'm sure there's something odd about that concept but I can't quite put my finger on it. :sceptic:

Sounds odd I guess but of course we are buying the loot boxes for other rewards the possibility of a tank is just an added incentive.

But instead of another Turan or another Defender how about a partial discount from any premium you want to buy.

If you wanted specific tank you now have 25% off the cost of it, you can spend it much like any discount or keep trying till you get 100%/

For me who had all the tanks but 4 M4 Improved Turan III Defender and IS3 that would be better.

Ended the event with 3 of those tanks only IS3a missing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users