A Charity Auction with Three Great Vehicles!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Learn more about the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity!

The full text of the news item

Cobra6 #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

While I do applaud charity work I have to point out that the Pz.Kpfw. V/IV is an exclusive pre-order vehicle that was promised to never be on sale again (even indirectly like this).

And while I can somewhat forgive it being in a charity auction (because charity) this is putting up a precedent for WG to start selling it again with which I strongly disagree, like with the Mutan-6 as well. The problem is with "opening the door" to start selling it again.

It was promised, to the people that backed WG (and WoT) when it most needed it, in the early days that these tanks would never be sold again. Stop selling out the people that made WoT what it is today for short term financial gains. I am aware you will most likely put it in the bonds shop as a rare vehicle because you just can't help yourself but I implore you to refrain from such treachery.

There are legion of tanks you can put in this auction that are not pre-order exclusive vehicles.

Spoiler

Edit: Just to clear up I do not disagree with an auction for a charity and as a matter of fact I have donated to this specific charity outside of this auction directly. My beef is with Wargaming using a vehicle it's not supposed to use and nothing else. It's purely a matter of principle, nothing more, nothing less.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 13 January 2019 - 04:20 PM.

Falathi #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 17896 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostCobra6, on 12 January 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

While I do applaud charity work I have to point out that the Pz.Kpfw. V/IV is an exclusive pre-order vehicle that was promised to never be on sale again (even indirectly like this).

And while I can somewhat forgive it being in a charity auction (because charity) this is putting up a precedent for WG to start selling it again with which I strongly disagree, like with the Mutan-6 as well. The problem is with "opening the door" to start selling it again.

It was promised, to the people that backed WG (and WoT) when it most needed it, in the early days that these tanks would never be sold again. Stop selling out the people that made WoT what it is today for short term financial gains. I am aware you will most likely put it in the bonds shop as a rare vehicle because you just can't help yourself but I implore you to refrain from such treachery.

There are legion of tanks you can put in this auction that are not pre-order exclusive vehicles.

Spoiler

Cobra 6

It is not on sale. We are offering ONE tank, because it`s an exceptional charity. That`s all. 

Whiskas_GJH #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22877 battles

View PostFalathi, on 12 January 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

It is not on sale. We are offering ONE tank, because it`s an exceptional charity. That`s all. 

You are giving a player a tank for money. That is THE definition of sale:

sale (plural sales)

1. An exchange of goods or services for currency or credit.
    He celebrated after the sale of company.
  2. The sale of goods at reduced prices.
    They are having a clearance sale: 50% off.
  3. The act of putting up for auction to the highest bidder.

As Cobra said, it's a slippery slope and with WG attitude, we will see this tank in some sort of a bundle soon.

Sfinski #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33421 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostFalathi, on 12 January 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

You are offering a tank for money. It is on sale.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFalathi, on 12 January 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Money will be exchanged for the tank, even though that money goes to a charity (irrelevant). Unless you can get the tank by not putting in money, it's a sale.

I'm sorry but you have dozens and dozens and dozens of premium tanks you could have entered in this auction yet you choose to enter one of the 3 pre-order exclusive tanks.

But besides this:

So you are hereby promising that WG will not ever sell this tank in the premium shop (or the any other shop) in the future?

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 12 January 2019 - 10:58 AM.

Walther_Wenck #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 53300 battles
  • [-HAOS] -HAOS
Great job, WG!

Bertuhan #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36877 battles
  • [XPLOD] XPLOD
Don't worry WG, people will nag about it for a week, two weeks tops. After that they'll forget about it because by now they are already used to your bs. All you will need is a bot that'll post a message in this threat once every 24h saying "It's not on sale" and you're golden.

Inarius #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29684 battles
I don't understand why are ppl still upset and/or surprised that WG goes back on its word? They have done it sooooooooo many times before that believing anything they say is naivety that borders on stupidity.
If you like the game like I do, just ignore anything they promise and keep on enjoying the game. You can't trust their cheep marketing strategy, sooner you accept that, easier it will be for you.

Falathi #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 17896 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostWhiskas_GJH, on 12 January 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

You are giving a player a tank for money. That is THE definition of sale:

sale (plural sales)

1. An exchange of goods or services for currency or credit.
    He celebrated after the sale of company.
  2. The sale of goods at reduced prices.
    They are having a clearance sale: 50% off.
  3. The act of putting up for auction to the highest bidder.

As Cobra said, it's a slippery slope and with WG attitude, we will see this tank in some sort of a bundle soon.

All correct, except one tiny detail: we are not even going to see this money as it goes directly to charity. 

If you offer an item and you are not to receive anything in return then it`s hard to call it sale. 

Also - it is the one and only chance to obtain this tank exactly because it`s charity and not a proper sale. The same way last year one of the items offered was Su-76i. 

Scorilo #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5699 battles

I dont give a flying pig if they sell some pixels or not, if its for charity, its a good thing (this means that real people will be helped... you know its reality with real people in need that need help and exist in real world)

GJ WG for this!

Edited by Scorilo, 12 January 2019 - 11:11 AM.

baratoz1701 #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23865 battles
  • [TMATO] TMATO

If you watch that old vid, he clearly states that none of the 3 pre order tanks will ever be sold again... ever. 1 of those 3 tanks is the mutant........

Wargaming have said many times that they "never" said they wouldn't ever sell that tank again.......

Yet there is your proof from the horses mouth no less. 

Cobra6 #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFalathi, on 12 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Also - it is the one and only chance to obtain this tank exactly because it`s charity and not a proper sale. The same way last year one of the items offered was Su-76i. 

Again I ask you:

So you are hereby promising that WG will not ever sell this tank in the premium shop (or the any other shop) in the future?

Cobra 6

Falathi #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 17896 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostScorilo, on 12 January 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

I dont give a flying pig if they sell some pixels or not, if its for charity, its a good thing (this means that real people will be helped... you know its reality with real people in need that need help and exist in real world)

GJ WG for this!

This is the reason we are offering it - it`s about a pretty big charity thing and we want to participate. 

Block Quote

Again I ask you:

This charity is the first time ever when offering of this tank was even considered in any way after the presale. 
Given its status I seriously doubt we`ll see it ever offered - perhaps for charity like this one, where a single unit is offered, but that`s all. 

Whiskas_GJH #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22877 battles

View PostFalathi, on 12 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

All correct, except one tiny detail: we are not even going to see this money as it goes directly to charity. 

If you offer an item and you are not to receive anything in return then it`s hard to call it sale. 

The definition of sale does not care about where the money ends up. If a customer is charged money for a product, it is a sale. Period.

Are all of WG staff trained in bending the truth to whatever purpose serves them best?

jack_timber #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 35796 battles

Well whatever they are "selling" on behalf of a charity I reckon it's a great idea.

If you are desperate to own this tank then bid away.

See it's sitting at 999 zlt,  wonder how much it will go for.

I reckon 3.5k zloty...

Falathi #17 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 17896 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postjack_timber, on 12 January 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Well whatever they are "selling" on behalf of a charity I reckon it's a great idea.

If you are desperate to own this tank then bid away.

See it's sitting at 999 zlt,  wonder how much it will go for.

I reckon 3.5k zloty...

Actually, we`ve been supporting this charity for years and the highest bid ever was for Type59 in 2015. It reached close to 4k EUR. 

are_you_a_bot #18 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 634 battles
  • [ATAT] ATAT

I guess whiners just gonna whine.:facepalm:

I think that it is nice to use the in game content for a "greater good", and while I personally prefer a charity camos for a set price, I hope to see more of these just for the sake of the recipients of the collected money.:great:

Edited by are_you_a_bot, 12 January 2019 - 11:33 AM.

Astroblitz #19 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18963 battles

People go crazy about a charity auction ... :facepalm:

When I see that guy with the tank ingame, doesn`t matter my team or the opponent, I will write him a thank you note afterwards.

Scorilo #20 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5699 battles

View PostFalathi, on 12 January 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

This is the reason we are offering it - it`s about a pretty big charity thing and we want to participate. 

This charity is the first time ever when offering of this tank was even considered in any way after the presale. 
Given its status I seriously doubt we`ll see it ever offered - perhaps for charity like this one, where a single unit is offered, but that`s all. 

You know this world is going nuts, when people care more about useless drawings than real persons.

Its sad.

Edited by Scorilo, 12 January 2019 - 11:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users