A Charity Auction with Three Great Vehicles!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

ISweepy #21 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1920 battles
  • [LIFF] LIFF

View Postare_you_a_bot, on 12 January 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I guess whiners just gonna whine.:facepalm:

I think that it is nice to use the in game content for a "greater good", and while I personally prefer a charity camos for a set price, I hope to see more of these just for the sake of the recipients of the collected money.:great:

Everyone against using the Pz5/4 isn't against the charity, they are against using the Pz5/4. There are a number of other rare vehicles they could have used that wouldn't be attracting this much attention. The problem is WG growing habit of basically not caring about the original playerbase who are still left. Those same people were mad when the Mutant6 was on sale, the BT-SV, Pz2J, PzIV Hydro etc. We just want WG to actually stop going back on their word about selling vehicles that were listed as limited only, and even then the rare vehicles only appear in $100+ bundles making it even more offensive.

Walther_Wenck #22 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 52927 battles
  • [-HAOS] -HAOS
I think you are doing a great job. After so many years, I believe even some crimes are prescribed.... So, I hope you will consider to put it in the New Bonds Shop...

Bordhaw #23 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12736 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 January 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

While I do applaud charity work I have to point out that the Pz.Kpfw. V/IV is an exclusive pre-order vehicle that was promised to never be on sale again (even indirectly like this).

And while I can somewhat forgive it being in a charity auction (because charity) this is putting up a precedent for WG to start selling it again with which I strongly disagree, like with the Mutan-6 as well. The problem is with "opening the door" to start selling it again.

It was promised, to the people that backed WG (and WoT) when it most needed it, in the early days that these tanks would never be sold again. Stop selling out the people that made WoT what it is today for short term financial gains. I am aware you will most likely put it in the bonds shop as a rare vehicle because you just can't help yourself but I implore you to refrain from such treachery.

There are legion of tanks you can put in this auction that are not pre-order exclusive vehicles.

Spoiler

Cobra 6

Simona2k #24 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2259 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Nice

LandserSkin #25 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31270 battles
  • [ARC4N] ARC4N
Selling a tier 5 exclusive tank for 200+ euro. Nice. Next charity auction will be A-32 for sure. Since you already sold the mutant and went back on your promise why not with these two? I completely understand why there is outrage against these kinds of things, since it was promised as an exclusive never to be seen again, but as a collector i can not go against my nature and not want it. The community is entitled to be angry about the sale of such exclusives, but i for one will get them if they ever pop up. But i do not agree with this type of "sale" since cobra has a point. If it would have been a special camo, or multiple sets sure it would have been ok. But just because you say something is a "gift" for donating, does not actually make it one. You can say that a pig is a snake all you want, but a pig is a pig no matter what. I mean come on, everyone knows whoever is donating for that is doing it for the tank (to some degree). Just sell it in the store for 100 euro. Upset your community once again, get your money and let's be done with this contoversy bs. 

gunslingerXXX #26 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11742 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Stop whining. Its 1 tank only. When (if) they sell it, you can whine.

Zmago5000 #27 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3040 battles
current orice for the tank and T shirt is currently 300 eur huh

Gremlin182 #28 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 50667 battles

If you want to raise the money for the charity in this way then you have to offer something special or a whole lot of not quite so special things.

If I read this correctly only One person will get that tank

LandserSkin #29 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31270 battles
  • [ARC4N] ARC4N

View PostISweepy, on 12 January 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Everyone against using the Pz5/4 isn't against the charity, they are against using the Pz5/4. There are a number of other rare vehicles they could have used that wouldn't be attracting this much attention. The problem is WG growing habit of basically not caring about the original playerbase who are still left. Those same people were mad when the Mutant6 was on sale, the BT-SV, Pz2J, PzIV Hydro etc. We just want WG to actually stop going back on their word about selling vehicles that were listed as limited only, and even then the rare vehicles only appear in $100+ bundles making it even more offensive.

This is true, but the people who want it as a collectible have a point too. These rare tanks have been rotting int he garages of people (some might not even play WoT anymore) who almost never use it. Since 2011 i have seen 1 M4A2E4 (Beta tester sherman), 2 Pz 5/4, 1 A-32 (in 2012 i think), 2 KV-220-2 T (the beta tester reward), 1 Pz 5/4 A (Alpha tester reward) and 3 SU-76-i ( i didn't inclide the Mutant M6 since it was already re-sold). So if have them but don't play anymore, or don't use them at all, what's the point of not letting the rest of us have them? It's Wargaming's property and everyone knows they can do as they please with it. I understand you may feel betrayed because of a promise that was made in 2010, but this is a gaming company, not politics that affect real life or how the planet spins. You have to understand both parties here. If we look through history there have been way bigger real life consequence promises broken. And with the bonds shop coming, the "nevertobesoldagain" tier 10's removed from the tech tree will be available again. What you have to understand is that you already paid for a product, you got the benefits, and you ALMOST never use it anymore, and that's it. You were exclusive for awhile, but it's time other people got to experience that. I'm saying this froma collector's point of view. I would kill to get my hands on any of those tanks (except the Pz 5/4 A and KV-220-2 T since those can really be classified as exclusives). People who have them might not realize, but us collectors who buy those tanks actually play them. So please consider your "exclusiveness" over the health of this game and the wishes of other people in the community such as myself. Have a great day chaps and good luck on the battlefield.

Homer_J #30 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30108 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 12 January 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

While I do applaud charity work I have to point out that the Pz.Kpfw. V/IV is an exclusive pre-order vehicle that was promised to never be on sale again (even indirectly like this).

And while I can somewhat forgive it being in a charity auction (because charity) this is putting up a precedent for WG to start selling it again with which I strongly disagree, like with the Mutan-6 as well. The problem is with "opening the door" to start selling it again.

I see it slightly differently.

The fact that it is now being offered as an exclusive to a charity pretty much removes any chance of it going on general sale.

Falathi #31 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 17850 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostGremlin182, on 12 January 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

If you want to raise the money for the charity in this way then you have to offer something special or a whole lot of not quite so special things.

You are correct. Only ONE person will get the tank. 

LandserSkin #32 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31270 battles
  • [ARC4N] ARC4N

View PostGremlin182, on 12 January 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

This is correct. Only the highest bidder gets the tank and shirt. And this is where i have a small problem. Why not give everyone who donates something? Wouldn't it make more sense to give everyone some cosmetic reward instead of an exclusive "shove money here if you want it" deal? I think more people would donate to these kinds of things (if they don't do it for the charity but the reward) if they got a little something in return. An exclusive reward might deter people from "bidding" for the rewards on future donation campaigns if they see that only people who are willing to spend 300+ euro for a tank participate.

Falathi #33 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 17850 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostLandserSkin, on 12 January 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

This is correct. Only the highest bidder gets the tank and shirt. And this is where i have a small problem. Why not give everyone who donates something? Wouldn't it make more sense to give everyone some cosmetic reward instead of an exclusive "shove money here if you want it" deal? I think more people would donate to these kinds of things (if they don't do it for the charity but the reward) if they got a little something in return. An exclusive reward might deter people from "bidding" for the rewards on future donation campaigns if they see that only people who are willing to spend 300+ euro for a tank participate.

The thing is, an auction is one of the more common ways of supporting this charity and offering something rare is the usual way it goes - the bad side to it is that indeed there is only one reward, for one person. 

However, we`re checking some other options as we already have the next year and the next finale of the charity in mind. 

ApocalypseSquad #34 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26868 battles

I fully support this.  Good move WG.  It's one tank, it's for charity, and by making it one that is otherwise impossible to obtain WG are ensuring that it has the maximum possible auction value.  No point whatsoever offering something that is sometimes on sale, even if only occasionally.

Please don't bleat about this, celebrate it.

SlyMeerkat #35 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16872 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
No thanks 

SiliconSidewinder #36 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28039 battles

first of nice going WG.

but I kinda feel the second auction is a bit lame.

why not make at least a sepecial exclusive camo or perhaps even a special prem tank available only on such occasions?

people would donate like mad and the winner of the auction would have something nice to show of with.

N00BT00B #37 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48442 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

y'know what whiners? people who stick with the game long term are more deserving of a 'rare' tank than someone who signs up on the first day and leaves within two weeks never to return.

I'm happy to have finally got a type 59 after 6 years of regular play, happy to have had the chance to buy a mutant too.

there's nothing special about these tanks, or any of the other 'rare' tanks. it is good however to be able to 'collect'.

it is a shame though that WG fucked up with the SU76i and its not the communities fault that it cant get one.

WG, how many did you sell? nerf it or whatever and then offer refunds to anyone that wants it and then let your loyal players have the opportunity to buy one.

simple and revenue generating.

Truntea #38 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1203 battles
Hmm why no Obj 907? I am sure that would be a winner as not everyone can be bothered with clans.

Smegger213 #39 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13984 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

Hands up, all those people that think this tank will end up on sale in the near future.

Be it in the premium shop or the new bonds shop, when that comes out.

You can almost guarantee that Wargaming will be unable to resist the urge to make a fast buck by selling this EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER TANK again.

They did it with the Mutant, they will do it again.

Its just further proof that WoT is dying.

Deividas_onaitis #40 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8997 battles
WOT are u stupid or something u get billion of dollors and u cant even donate teir6 for free rlyy and like u donate teir 2 and 3 for free rly mate at list must it be like teir 5 or 6 for free not teir 3 teir 3 are useless more for teir 10 players...... so WOT you will die sometime still because every game have max 2years of doing crapwhit people like that kv-2 whit skin and its same price as new teir 8 like WOT stop it now or ur game will die very fast.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users