American Tier 8 T32

Top gun 2 tiers higher

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Punisher_Tank_Guy #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3248 battles

A week or so ago I managed to research the T32.

Now that I have the top gun (105mm T5E1) I realized that this gun is the top gun on the T29 and the first in the tier 9 HT.

Why the 105mm gun on tier 7 has to be the top gun on the T32??? This is like buying an expensive car with a cassette player. At a minimum, you should be able to get a tier higher as top gun, taking into consideration that you could see 2 tiers higher.

The tier 9 M103 has the chance to obtain the tier 10 gun

I am truly disappointed and what a WASTE OF TIME.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:20 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11848 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Better get used to aiming for weakspots :trollface:

Or you could go for the full gold option on the other gun

Balc0ra #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68533 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You did not upgrade the gun, you upgraded the armor. Then again sure the pen in the current meta is a bit daft for a tier 8 HT. It's still far from the worst. 

My advice is to put the T32 on hold and wait for FL to come back and grind it there. It's still vs 220mm tier 8 super heavies. But with a 3x bigger map, you have more room to move to get flank fire and less need to press 2. 

MeNoobTank #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13682 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

The thing is...the gun is in my opinion way too good for a tier 7 heavy but kind of bad for a tier 8 heavy. I would suggest that they introduce a second gun for T32 as an option and that would be the high pen, high DPM, low alpha gun from T26E5 Patriot premium tank. In this way you can have 2 options to chose from: High alpha but low pen or low alpha but high pen.

In this way Patriot would also not being considered OP or powercreep anymore because T32 would be equally good or even better than it.

Soup_Potato #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

T32 is one of the most powercreeped tanks on tier 8. The pen is an issue, not because the low amount of it but because it's a heavy tank and not a heavium for example. So you are stuck fighting mostly heavies. If you are bottom tier, just support and try to do your best. The turret still is fairly good but the gun is really opportunistic. Use boosters to grind through the tank, try to get free exp with boosters to unlock the next gun on M103 faster. It's ''only'' 25k so not too bad. You will not need to get the tracks on M103 to mount any of the modules so that's good.

For future though, start looking forward and plan your grinds. It would have been much much much better if you unlocked the top gun (T5E1) on T29 so you would have it ready for the T32. Save your free EXP as much as you can and do the missions for boosters when there are those. This x2 for every win should be a good time for you to accelerate the T32 grind, but of course don't tilt yourself (too much) or you'll just be angry.

Punisher_Tank_Guy #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3248 battles

View PostSoup_Potato, on 12 January 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

T32 is one of the most powercreeped tanks on tier 8. The pen is an issue, not because the low amount of it but because it's a heavy tank and not a heavium for example. So you are stuck fighting mostly heavies. If you are bottom tier, just support and try to do your best. The turret still is fairly good but the gun is really opportunistic. Use boosters to grind through the tank, try to get free exp with boosters to unlock the next gun on M103 faster. It's ''only'' 25k so not too bad. You will not need to get the tracks on M103 to mount any of the modules so that's good.

For future though, start looking forward and plan your grinds. It would have been much much much better if you unlocked the top gun (T5E1) on T29 so you would have it ready for the T32. Save your free EXP as much as you can and do the missions for boosters when there are those. This x2 for every win should be a good time for you to accelerate the T32 grind, but of course don't tilt yourself (too much) or you'll just be angry.

Thanks, I did have the top gun on the T29 prior researching the T32, I was just surprised of the lack of gun power on the T32, that is all. I have plenty of boosters but I have not tried that option but I will.

I think I will try to just do my best and fly the T32 ASAP.

Thanks to all the comments.

Edited by Punisher_Tank_Guy, 12 January 2019 - 05:46 PM.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1300 battles

Yes, you need to aim for weakspots. Many to choose from if you see a Defender or a hull down Caernarvon or Löwe. Also, learn to flank. That one is key: Learn to flank. Or, go do something else: If you see other tier VIII go search for lower tier enemies to fight. Adapt. You need to adapt. There's nothing wrong with the T32.

Mr_Burrows #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47114 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

My advice is to right now stop grinding that line entirely. The 103 and T110 are disappointments all around in the current meta. 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 12 January 2019 - 05:58 PM.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68533 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPanzerKFeldherrnhalle, on 12 January 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with the T32.

Tbh... That spot is not easy to hit at med range, as not all HT fights are close up. And vs others like the Type 4 or VK 100.01. That won't help when the "weak spot" head-on is 220mm at an ideal impact angle, and even smaller "cupola center line" when the VK hides the lower plate. As not everyone has a bucket load of gold ammo either on it. And when most HT lanes are corridors with little room to move unless you outgun the enemy HT force. Adapting is not always a luxury you can have with that low pen after a super heavy meta. As in RNG and 25% low rolls will really screw you more over vs targets like that vs on a 225 pen HT. 

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1300 battles

That's correct, and because those massive cupolas are sometimes difficult to hit, we need to flank and get the side. Look, a whole skirt of the tank to aim for. Whoever says the Defender is broken never had one and was never ravished by flanking tier IX tanks. And the T32 can do it too ... but it needs to aim for weakspots and flank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users