German Heavy Line

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Wargene #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4308 battles

Is the PZ 7 german heavy line any good? Ive wanted to get the VK B and the PZ 7 for like ever.

Anyone share their experience with this line? Or should i keep down the E-100 line where i already have the Tiger 2 researched 

_6i6_ #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18797 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

Tiger 2 is OP - no doubt about it :P

kidding aside, wait some days till WG announces the changes they'll make to some german heavies including the E100 and then you can decide

BlackBloodBandit #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6292 battles

View Post_6i6_, on 12 January 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

kidding aside, wait some days till WG announces the changes they'll make to some german heavies including the E100 and then you can decide

TigerII has nothing to do with that line.

Ontopic:

VK4502A is a heavium, more mobile then Tiger II, but still not the fastest. 200mm pen on the top gun is hard in the current meta, also looking at gun handling.

VK4502B is a good sidescraper, but suffer from turret front being too weak. It gets goldspammed all day or tanks with high pen just go through the front like butter.

PZ VII is pretty good, good gun handling and armor, but has a weakspot on the side when sidescraping (under turret ring)

_6i6_ #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18797 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 13 January 2019 - 12:02 AM, said:

TigerII has nothing to do with that line.

Ontopic:

VK4502A is a heavium, more mobile then Tiger II, but still not the fastest. 200mm pen on the top gun is hard in the current meta, also looking at gun handling.

VK4502B is a good sidescraper, but suffer from turret front being too weak. It gets goldspammed all day or tanks with high pen just go through the front like butter.

PZ VII is pretty good, good gun handling and armor, but has a weakspot on the side when sidescraping (under turret ring)

my god you are right!!!!

Tiger 2 is not in the E100 line!!

and the OP did not say he already has the Tiger 2!!!

my god..i really cant read!!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

E100 currently is outdated but it's getting a buff soon. What they are going to buff  or whether the upcoming buffs will make it viable again remains to be see.

Maus is a true super heavy with crappy tanks along the way except for the vk 100 which is pretty good. Suffers along with every other heavily armored tank from gold spam but using proper positioning it's armor can hold a lot and you got 3k hp.

Pz 7 is just bad, weak spots along the sides so you can't side scrape properly and a hole in the gun mantlet that every tier 9 or 10 tank can punch through. The DPM is pathetic and having a rear mounted turret make it very situational and map dependent.

SABAOTH #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Post_6i6_, on 12 January 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

Best light tank in game.

Sacrifice armor and gun for that amazing mobility.

Quintuss #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30292 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

No. While i recommend you just try them out on the next testserver (should be in 1-2 weeks) i wouldn't recommend any of them.

VK-A is horrible: a "fast" heavy...that isn't notably faster than normal heavys. The armour is a joke - heavy but german style = UFP is ok vs Meds, rest paper, and the gun with 320 alpha/200 pen plain useless against any real heavy.

VK-B is slow, with even slower turret and due to the layout it can only sidescrape. Since it's "buff" the LFP is a wreakspot so the tank is basically useless (as you can just as well sidescrape with most other heavys - just that those don't sacrifice everything else for it).

Pz7 is again a mess - wreakspot at the gun and on the sides under the turret making sidescraping hard against better players.

MeNoobTank #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16491 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
imo the line is kinda bad, I did not own them but played against them and I see no reason for playing VK 45 B instead of E 75, PZ 7 is also not good, it has weak sides very easy to pen (suposed super heavy).

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31030 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I've played all the tanks in those lines.

Tiger P - decent tier 7 heavy.

VK 45.01A - meh.

VK 45.02B - looks great on paper, but in battle you notice everyone pens your turret roof. sold it as fast as I could.

Pzkpfw VII - OK tier 10 heavy. Good pen, good accuracy, but aims a bit slow. Armor a bit weird, cannot sidescrape. strong LFP, best angled putting out the front of the tank. not good at short range due to weakspot in the gun mantelet.

VK 100.01P - nice tier 8 heavy. trollish armor, gun has ok accuracy and does 440 damage. good viewrange.

Mäuschen - good tier 9 heavy. good armor, good accuracy, pen ok for tier 9.

Maus - stil learning that one, but the gun sight is bugged, viewport is set way too low.

Tiger I - good gun for tier 7, good viewrange, great DPM, but not too fun to play. Armor works well against tier 5. Best played as a sniper. I three marked it.

Tiger II - also best played as a sniper. Armor works vs. tier 6 and sometimes 7 (Comet). But most battles are vs. tier 10. Ammo for 105mm gun is far too expensive. Sold it as fast as I could.

E75 - OK tier 9 heavy. Armor can work, good gun for tier 9 and good viewrange.

E100 - One of the weakest tier 10 heavies. Turret is a huge weakspot, most heavies with good pen shoot through its unangled front while HEAT always pens, it's impossible to angle the turret vs. HEAT. Gun has poor accuracy and poor pen, you have to shoot premium ammo to consistently pen and do the advertized 750 damage.

Robbie_T #10 Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20141 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I would not actively grind them down..put do a game a day in it or only when there comes X4or X5 weekends.

When WG do upgrade or make changes to the line you already have the tanks.

Or what i remembered with the english tier 10 keep the deathstar and unlock the badger for free.

Its easier than to complete the line and maybe get a new tier 10 unlocked for free and or keep the old one, than have to rush grind from tier 4 or 5.

I think they will soon show some love to some of  the German line's and make it compatable anno 2019.or replace.

And maybe Wg F it up and release a OP tank like the 268-4 and you can run a Op tank for a while if you in to that.(no i dont have a 268-4).

Although this one is German so Wg will fix it in 2 hours instead of 4 months.

Edited by Robbie_T, 13 January 2019 - 04:03 AM.

BlackBloodBandit #11 Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6292 battles

can't agree to a lot of this. I'll expain why and I've played most of the tanks on the line [edited]well:

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 13 January 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

I've played all the tanks in those lines.

Tiger P - decent tier 7 heavy. is pretty meh, since it's only good armor is the upper frontplate and no one is gonna shoot there, while it suffers from dpm loss compared to Tiger I. It is also sluggish.

VK 45.01A - meh. mobility is ok, but it really needs a buff on that part and also on gun handling. In that case you can play it well as a heavium. Funny that people say it's armor is bad. Partly it is, but it is also stronger then on Tiger II, because the numbers might be the same, but the angle of the UFP is better.

VK 45.02B - looks great on paper, but in battle you notice everyone pens your turret roof. sold it as fast as I could. Someone said it's slow.. well not compared to other big heavies from it's tier. Haven't noticed many roof pens, only turret front pens with or without gold spam. mostly with.

Pzkpfw VII - OK tier 10 heavy. Good pen, good accuracy, but aims a bit slow. Armor a bit weird, cannot sidescrape. strong LFP, best angled putting out the front of the tank. not good at short range due to weakspot in the gun mantelet. pretty mobile and the armor on the gun mantlet is indeed weak, but it's pretty much pixel hunting to exactly hit there.

E100 - One of the weakest tier 10 heavies. Turret is a huge weakspot, most heavies with good pen shoot through its unangled front while HEAT always pens, it's impossible to angle the turret vs. HEAT. The problem seems to be with you more then to others, as they can make their armor work against HEAT. If angled well, your turret can bounce a lot, of course not when being shot from different angles.

Gun has poor accuracy and poor pen, you have to shoot premium ammo to consistently pen and do the advertized 750 damage. This is a point I've never ever heard since they buffed the pen, so it seems you're playing it wrong compared to a lot of other players.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 13 January 2019 - 08:49 AM.

Dava_117 #12 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWargene, on 12 January 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Is the PZ 7 german heavy line any good? Ive wanted to get the VK B and the PZ 7 for like ever.

Anyone share their experience with this line? Or should i keep down the E-100 line where i already have the Tiger 2 researched 

I would keep going on the E100 line.

Tiger2 is quite bad, but E75 is a really nice tier 9 and E100, while not being meta, keep it's high alpha HT role thanks to the HEAT rounds that are perfect to counter Type5.

E100 is probably the easiest to fix tank on WG list. A bit of gun handling buff and 20-30mm more on turret sides and it's golden.

Edited by Dava_117, 13 January 2019 - 11:04 AM.

Mimos_A #13 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29141 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
If you already have the Tiger II unlocked it's worth getting the e75 IMHO. I don't care much for the e100, but I love the e75. Decent gun, great sidescraping fun. It's also pretty good for getting a bunch of HT missions done.

ares354 #14 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 76587 battles
IF you wonna sidescraper line you have 705a. 

PZ 7 line, from tier 9 and 10 is all about frontal armor. PZ 7 cant sidescrape, because of weakspot and he have better armor from front then E100 or Maus if we dont count angling of Maus. Vk auf A have same better armor then Tiger 2 but way worse gun. 

Block Quote

Tiger2 is quite bad, but E75 is a really nice tier 9 and E100, while not being meta, keep it's high alpha HT role thanks to the HEAT rounds that are perfect to counter Type5.

E100 is probably the easiest to fix tank on WG list. A bit of gun handling buff and 20-30mm more on turret sides and it's golden.

You have no idea what are you talking about. IS 4 line is way easier to fix then E100 line, E75 is crap, ST 1 is superior tank, and he is one of the weakest soviet tier 9 HT 

Block Quote

've played all the tanks in those lines.

Tiger P - decent tier 7 heavy.

VK 45.01A - meh.

VK 45.02B - looks great on paper, but in battle you notice everyone pens your turret roof. sold it as fast as I could.

Pzkpfw VII - OK tier 10 heavy. Good pen, good accuracy, but aims a bit slow. Armor a bit weird, cannot sidescrape. strong LFP, best angled putting out the front of the tank. not good at short range due to weakspot in the gun mantelet.

VK 100.01P - nice tier 8 heavy. trollish armor, gun has ok accuracy and does 440 damage. good viewrange.

Mäuschen - good tier 9 heavy. good armor, good accuracy, pen ok for tier 9.

Maus - stil learning that one, but the gun sight is bugged, viewport is set way too low.

Tiger I - good gun for tier 7, good viewrange, great DPM, but not too fun to play. Armor works well against tier 5. Best played as a sniper. I three marked it.

Tiger II - also best played as a sniper. Armor works vs. tier 6 and sometimes 7 (Comet). But most battles are vs. tier 10. Ammo for 105mm gun is far too expensive. Sold it as fast as I could.

E75 - OK tier 9 heavy. Armor can work, good gun for tier 9 and good viewrange.

E100 - One of the weakest tier 10 heavies. Turret is a huge weakspot, most heavies with good pen shoot through its unangled front while HEAT always pens, it's impossible to angle the turret vs. HEAT. Gun has poor accuracy and poor pen, you have to shoot premium ammo to consistently pen and do the advertized 750 damage.

OMG

-Tiger P is by far, one of the worst tier 7 with BP, you have no idea

-Vk auf A powercreeped like T32, useless in new meta

-Vk auf B, did you play this tank in like 2 year or something >? Or not at all ? 

-PZ7; low tier killer. Good vs noobs. 

Vk 100p- never play it, so i dont know

Mäuschen- biggest crap in line. 

Maus-OP, but may have bugs now like many other

Tiger 1-played long time ago, was good back then

Tiger 2- joke, biggest joke of tier 8. He he useless pile of crap. Tier 6 will pen your frontal armor. 

Edited by ares354, 13 January 2019 - 11:27 AM.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postares354, on 13 January 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

IF you wonna sidescraper line you have 705a. 

PZ 7 line, from tier 9 and 10 is all about frontal armor. PZ 7 cant sidescrape, because of weakspot and he have better armor from front then E100 or Maus if we dont count angling of Maus. Vk auf A have same better armor then Tiger 2 but way worse gun. 

You have no idea what are you talking about. IS 4 line is way easier to fix then E100 line, E75 is crap, ST 1 is superior tank, and he is one of the weakest soviet tier 9 HT 

IMO, ST-I is the strongest of the soviet tier 9 HT. It can easily take down 705s and 257s. But E75 is on the same power level IMO. When I play it there is not tier 9 I fear. Is a tank I have lots of fun playing and and probably my favourite german HT so far. Armour is even better than E100!

And no, IMO IS-4 is harder to balance than E100. IS-4 lacks alpha/DPM, shell capacity and gunhandling. E100 just need some quality of life buffs: 20-30 mm on turret sides and better gunhandling, so angling the turret and sidescraping became easier is everything it needs IMO. I'm having a lot of fun in E100 too. Sometimes I fail miserabily, but it's my fault as I'm still learning how to handle a tank so big. Tryed several position where KV-4 works well, but this tank is even larger and so doesn't works! :^D 

And I can't agree to people saying you need to spam HEAT too. Most tanks you met can be penned by 246 pen and also the gun dep+tank size gives you the chance to overmatch engine decks and turret tops. And when everything fails, you still have a 950 alpha HE for those pesky SConquerors, Badgers and E3s playing in hulldown.

Edited by Dava_117, 13 January 2019 - 11:44 AM.

ares354 #16 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 76587 battles

View PostDava_117, on 13 January 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

IMO, ST-I is the strongest of the soviet tier 9 HT. It can easily take down 705s and 257s. But E75 is on the same power level IMO. When I play it there is not tier 9 I fear. Is a tank I have lots of fun playing and and probably my favourite german HT so far. Armour is even better than E100!

And no, IMO IS-4 is harder to balance than E100. IS-4 lacks alpha/DPM, shell capacity and gunhandling. E100 just need some quality of life buffs: 20-30 mm on turret sides and better gunhandling, so angling the turret and sidescraping became easier is everything it needs IMO. I'm having a lot of fun in E100 too. Sometimes I fail miserabily, but it's my fault as I'm still learning how to handle a tank so big. Tryed several position where KV-4 works well, but this tank is even larger and so doesn't works! :^D 

And I can't agree to people saying you need to spam HEAT too. Most tanks you met can be penned by 246 pen and also the gun dep+tank size gives you the chance to overmatch engine decks and turret tops. And when everything fails, you still have a 950 alpha HE for those pesky SConquerors, Badgers and E3s playing in hulldown.

But ST 1 have crap gundling of 2013 meta, not 2019. 257 have better gun, can snipe, can snap shoot, ST 1 cant. 705 have god like turret, if he do sidecrap right, yuu cant really damage his with no HE. Compere that immunity to Vk auf B. E75 dont come even close, because he have lower plate weakspot, turret front weakspot, and cupola. 3 weakspot vs 2 of ST 1, and 1 of 705. E75 dont have better armor then E100, because E100 can and will angle turret. 

From tier 7 Is 4 line is all about armor and a bit of angling. KV 4 is sidescraper and angling beast, so can be ST 1 and so it is IS 4. IS 4 is still Soviet HT with best side armor, sick ability to overangle and he will still bounce. Like ST 1 he have 2014 gun handling balance, and buffing ammo cap is nothing hard, comeone. E100 will still be crapwith 30 mm extra armor on turret, because he still have range finder or enormous lower plate. 

What suck about e100 line is most tank dont teach you E100 play style. Tiger 2, E75 need to be like E100, high alpha, armor that make sidescrape useable. E75 with flat 252 mm cant do that in heat meta, in 2013 he could. 

MeNoobTank #17 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16491 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

Guys, IDK why but I am a very "special" noob because for some reason I do kinda decent in Tiger P. I used to to like 2.5k - 3k avarage damage every battle in it and always won. Now I played less WOT and I am not so foucsed but I still do like atleast 1.5k damage per battle and still win with it. I think I have 60% win rate. It is my higher win rate in a tank (with over 100 - 150 battles in). 

I think it only needs a DPM buff and the tank will be a really good one. It is indeed slow but at the same time it has better armor than Tiger I. For me this tank is like a tier 7 Lowe. Has decent gun depresion, decent armor, very good gun handling combined with the best penetration of tier 7 heavies, even better than some tier 8's.

Edited by MeNoobTank, 13 January 2019 - 11:58 AM.

ares354 #18 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 76587 battles

View PostMeNoobTank, on 13 January 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Guys, IDK why but I am a very "special" noob because for some reason I do kinda decent in Tiger P. I used to to like 2.5k - 3k avarage damage every battle in it and always won. Now I played less WOT and I am not so foucsed but I still do like atleast 1.5k damage per battle and still win with it. I think I have 60% win rate. It is my higher win rate in a tank (with over 100 - 150 battles in). 

I think it only needs a DPM buff and the tank will be a really good one. It is indeed slow but at the same time it has better armor than Tiger I. For me this tank is like a tier 7 Lowe. Has decent gun depresion, decent armor, very good gun handling combined with the best penetration of tier 7 heavies, even better than some tier 8's.

If Tiger P is like Lowe, can he do sidecraper and have turret front with 2 small weakspot ? Because I dont see that. Anyway, I think that tank suck. 

MeNoobTank #19 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16491 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View Postares354, on 13 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

If Tiger P is like Lowe, can he do sidecraper and have turret front with 2 small weakspot ? Because I dont see that. Anyway, I think that tank suck. 

Did not say the tank is not bad, it is, but for some reason I do decent in it and in better tanks I hardly suck. It cannot sidescrape like Lowe because of the cheeks but sometimes it works when you play against reds. The turret has enough armir, the only problem is that huge comander hatch.

BTW this is how Tiger P looks for an IS/IS-2 the tanks you will face alot. 

Spoiler

ares354 #20 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 76587 battles

View PostMeNoobTank, on 13 January 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Did not say the tank is not bad, it is, but for some reason I do decent in it and in better tanks I hardly suck. It cannot sidescrape like Lowe because of the cheeks but sometimes it works when you play against reds. The turret has enough armir, the only problem is that huge comander hatch.

BTW this is how Tiger P looks for an IS/IS-2 the tanks you will face alot. 

Spoiler

I see a lot of green for tank that trade everything for extra armor over Tiger 1. And that is only tier 7 gun. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users