Jump to content


Team Battles


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Khamal_Pit_Fighter #1 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18961 battles
  • 2
  • [BS-21] BS-21
  • Member since:
    01-30-2014

Guys i tried to obtain an answer from Player Support but all they gave me was a premade answer wich gave me no answer at all. 

All i want to know is why i'm one of the unlucky players in my clan that playing Team Battles my Personal Score doesnt move a damn thing, i never lose or win any Personal score. Can someone please explain me this??
Cause support sucked as hell, Thanks



Darky1029 #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 13868 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010
Maybe because your performance has peaked and doesnt change from the average?

Objec7 #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11922 battles
  • 165
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View PostKhamal_Pit_Fighter, on 13 January 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Guys i tried to obtain an answer from Player Support but all they gave me was a premade answer wich gave me no answer at all. 

All i want to know is why i'm one of the unlucky players in my clan that playing Team Battles my Personal Score doesnt move a damn thing, i never lose or win any Personal score. Can someone please explain me this??
Cause support sucked as hell, Thanks

First of all, if you have played a lot random battles and haven't played a lot tb earlier it will be long effort. It needs patience, even best tb players doesn't just go and farm pr with no issues.

 

How to make your pr move? Play a LOT teambattles and win good teams(with good winstrike going on and higher total pr than your team has) You often have to win more than 50% or more of your battles to get on the positive side. Also, if your team has good winstrike it helps.

 

To sum it up, don't play with full bots who has no idea of the game but neither don't play with 10k pr players. You need a good team of players who listens and which wins.

 

Best way to achieve this is to learn to command battles by yourself. I basically learned to play WoT in teambattles and reached 8.5k pr with 6k battles by commanding myself and playing with ok players who listened. I commanded through chat and pinging. ^^



UrQuan #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20629 battles
  • 6,713
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostKhamal_Pit_Fighter, on 13 January 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Guys i tried to obtain an answer from Player Support but all they gave me was a premade answer wich gave me no answer at all. 

All i want to know is why i'm one of the unlucky players in my clan that playing Team Battles my Personal Score doesnt move a damn thing, i never lose or win any Personal score. Can someone please explain me this??
Cause support sucked as hell, Thanks

 

My advice on this is; play for the enjoyment of it. It is a nice mode to get XP & have something different from randoms, but there are no major things at stake there, so no need to tryhard & play for stats tbh.

 

And as others have pointed out, you do need to play quite some games in Teambattles to see them affect your PR rating; just like randoms do.



Objec7 #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11922 battles
  • 165
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View PostUrQuan, on 14 January 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

 

My advice on this is; play for the enjoyment of it. It is a nice mode to get XP & have something different from randoms, but there are no major things at stake there, so no need to tryhard & play for stats tbh.

 

And as others have pointed out, you do need to play quite some games in Teambattles to see them affect your PR rating; just like randoms do.

My opinion is that teambattles are nice competitive mini gamemode. More competitive than randoms at least. I've had a lot fun playing it even as I have played for wins(tryharded as you say). And if you want to rise your pr you have to play for wins.



UrQuan #6 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20629 battles
  • 6,713
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostObjec7, on 14 January 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

My opinion is that teambattles are nice competitive mini gamemode. More competitive than randoms at least. I've had a lot fun playing it even as I have played for wins(tryharded as you say). And if you want to rise your pr you have to play for wins.

 

Just keep in mind that teambattles does have a skill based MM system. The better you do, the better teams you face. It's why most folks got around 50% WR in Teambattles, except the very best & very worst groups (someone has to be on top/bottom after all). 

But for most teams, you'll circle around 50% WR, sometimes a bit higher, sometimes a bit lower, but never far off it. Its why I love being part of the Dinger teambattles, we pick whatever T8 tank we enjoy & have fun.Because if your WR is gonna be 50% anyway, you can as well have fun on the way. And have a good laugh when a heavy Defender team falls before us (and when they overpower us, hey it were Defenders!). And don't underestimate oddball tanks, some of them carry advantages in organized teams (try hurting a bunch of T32/Patriots/Caernavons in hulldown spots... tricksy!)

 

So yes, you'll notice some tanks do better in teambattles then others, Defenders & IS-3A tanks are well-represented, IS-3 tanks & progetto's as well. T-50-2 tanks are on the rise as well, can't deny the reason, pretty nice T6 light honestly. 

Oh and in case you got XVM, don't rely on the colours too much, there's some good red coloured teams out there. Reason is that a good coordination matters more then individual skill.

 

A Dinger team getting ready for the fight!

 


Edited by UrQuan, 15 January 2019 - 12:21 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users