Female crew, few questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FTR #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:00 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13982 battles

I will be glad if someone answers few questions for me. I never used female crew member yet. and I have plenty available for recruitment, and I am still not sure how to effectively make use of them.

1. Do I need entire female crew for female voices or just commander? If I get mixed female/male crew will I have mixed female/male voices as well?

2. Do I need entire female crew to have their starting brothers in arms working?

3. How did you guys use your female crews? Did you only use them for commanders? Did you put them to new tanks you just started grinding or did you replace some of your old crews for your favorite tanks to make them more special?

How did you use your holiday ops 2019 crew?

Homer_J #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can mix male and female, the voice will depend on the commander only.

BiA will only work if all crew have 100% BiA bit it does not have to be an all girl crew.

Originally you had to have all girl crews for it to work but they changed it from SoS to BiA a while back so I have a mix of all girl crews from the early days and commander only crews and used some where you suddenly need a second gunner or loader such as arty lines.

Not used my Xmas girls yet.  Also have Simon Clause to assign.

Edited by Homer_J, 14 January 2019 - 10:19 AM.

unrealname #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25604 battles

1. no, just assign female as commander

2.no

3. nowadays just for commanders, but that wasn't the case when they first introduced them, so i have quite a few full female crews.

holdiday ops crew - 3 females into t100lt, simon claws in k-91, and retrained one female as a commander for 705A, when i finished t54ltw grind.

Geno1isme #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

General

• Player
  • 44874 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

1) I think voices are selected by the commander only, but never really cared about it so not sure.

2) Nope. Used to be different when they were introduced, but that restriction was removed a long time ago.

3) Primarily for commanders on T10 tanks, as that is usually where you have the largest number of useful skills. Due to the original restriction for BIA though I have also full female crews on some tanks (BatChat, 50b, Emil 2, Strv).

Put Simon Claws on the Rhm T10 light, and the girls on Cent AX, Emil 1 and Strv 74 (in preparation for the coming swedish medium branch), so still have one in reserve.

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52684 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostFTR, on 14 January 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

I will be glad if someone answers few questions for me. I never used female crew member yet. and I have plenty available for recruitment, and I am still not sure how to effectively make use of them.

1. Do I need entire female crew for female voices or just commander? If I get mixed female/male crew will I have mixed female/male voices as well?

Commander gives the voice

2. Do I need entire female crew to have their starting brothers in arms working?

Girls used to have "Sisterhood of Steel" instead of BIA, and the two were not compatible. Now however girls have BIA, and mixed sex crews work.

3. How did you guys use your female crews? Did you only use them for commanders? Did you put them to new tanks you just started grinding or did you replace some of your old crews for your favorite tanks to make them more special?

Girl crews tend to go in light and medium tanks which generally benefit from more perks than heavy tanks. Three perk crew in a heavy is acceptable, five perk crew in a bat chat is a necessity.

How did you use your holiday ops 2019 crew? NO

Ben_184 #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11528 battles

Hi,

Just sent in a ticket regarding recruiting female crews from the xmas ops. I was grinding to the VK100.01P and assigned them to this tank, or so I thought.....

In the dropdown box in recruitment there was only the VK100.01B, I thought it was a typo as there wasn't one in the shop or listed anywhere.

Support came back to me and said you can only assign the female crews to tanks already in your garage or to premium tanks. Apparently they didn't think to make people aware of this before.

Long and short of it I have a female crew in a VK100.01P at 85% skill.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostBen_184, on 14 January 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Hi,

Just sent in a ticket regarding recruiting female crews from the xmas ops. I was grinding to the VK100.01P and assigned them to this tank, or so I thought.....

In the dropdown box in recruitment there was only the VK100.01B, I thought it was a typo as there wasn't one in the shop or listed anywhere.

Support came back to me and said you can only assign the female crews to tanks already in your garage or to premium tanks. Apparently they didn't think to make people aware of this before.

Long and short of it I have a female crew in a VK100.01P at 85% skill.

Use 2 reserves for XP and crew XP and they will be at 100% after 10 battles max. :)

kaneloon #8 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29472 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

Yeah only in researched tanks, and premiums are already researched - pretty misleading when the names are alike.

Support should be able to correct that.

About girl crew I also have a mix of full crew and commanders, as we couldn't mix them b4.

I usually put them in tiers X tanks where I have also the premium with the corresponding crew : stb1 & sta2 for instance.

Girls as commander are great because they already have 6th sense available.

Be really careful of which country you assign them as it cannot be changed later.

Gardar7 #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23490 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
These new girls have nation-specific voice or some unique voiceover? I have the same question about Simon Claws.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users