Jump to content


Mountain Pass Boosting


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

CaptKhazi #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47276 battles
  • 380
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013

As I can't raise a ticket in the somewhat limited options presented by the menu, I am raising this here.

 

WG - In the last few days I have seen tanks appearing in this location. Please sort it out. Thanks

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_184.jpg   112.11K


qpranger #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 34729 battles
  • 5,461
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
I don't think this is a big problem, last night I tried to climb there in my T95 for 12 minutes and it did not work out.

unrealname #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25604 battles
  • 1,237
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postqpranger, on 14 January 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

I don't think this is a big problem, last night I tried to climb there in my T95 for 12 minutes and it did not work out.

 

well i dont have any low tier lt in garage, but in any tier 9-10 lt its pretty much pressing w key to get up there. The only thing is, that position is useless, so i dont see a reason to stop people from climbing there. anyway thats not the only place with easy climb on mountain pass.

sady3296 #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53757 battles
  • 244
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011
Nice mods you got there...

CaptKhazi #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47276 battles
  • 380
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013

View Postsady3296, on 14 January 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Nice mods you got there...

 

All available in Aslain's mod pack - as endorsed by WG. Thanks

sady3296 #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53757 battles
  • 244
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    03-12-2011

View PostCaptKhazi, on 14 January 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

 

All available in Aslain's mod pack - as endorsed by WG. Thanks

 

Still a cheat. Wg screws up sometimes....  just like that boost on mountain pass. I wouldnt be surprised if that 700 mods mod pack had aimbot and it went unnoticed.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68506 battles
  • 18,038
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Seen it done more and more recently. It's an old spot. But after a video a week or two ago. It got popular again. But I've never seen anyone use it effectively. Either arty instantly kills it. Or he sits there all game with 300 damage in a tier X game. So I don't see it as a major trouble spot. Tho Mountain pass is not on the patch 1.4 fix list. Nor do I know if this spot will get a hidden wall to stop wheeled tanks with boost etc. 

 

View PostCaptKhazi, on 14 January 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

 

All available in Aslain's mod pack - as endorsed by WG. Thanks

 

If it's on the WG mod site, I won't object to that. But I really thought the enemy gun direction mod was on the banned list at one point. 



Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17253 battles
  • 26,096
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postqpranger, on 14 January 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I don't think this is a big problem, last night I tried to climb there in my T95 for 12 minutes and it did not work out.

 

Silly qp. What you should have been using to try and climb it was a TOG.

 

Also convenient thread for me to post this from my session yesterday. Note that all three of them are unaffiliated with each other (even though they're the same tier and all, the Bulldog and ELC Aren't platooned). Don't really care about the position since they did seem to die pretty quick, but just found it quite funny.


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 14 January 2019 - 12:15 PM.


CaptKhazi #9 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47276 battles
  • 380
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013

View Postsady3296, on 14 January 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

 

Still a cheat. Wg screws up sometimes....  just like that boost on mountain pass. I wouldnt be surprised if that 700 mods mod pack had aimbot and it went unnoticed.

 

Let's put it like this. If it's in Aslain's mod pack - it's not ilegal. If it's not ilegal - then it's ok to use. If it's ilegal, it won't be in one of the endorsed mod packs, and I wouldn't use it. But hey, If you have an issue with this particular mod being legal to use or not, I respectfully suggest that you open your own thread to complain about it. I would appreciate it if you didn't hijack the thread.

 

Have a nice day.

 

Love and kisses

 

CK


Edited by CaptKhazi, 14 January 2019 - 12:47 PM.


Jigabachi #10 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,254
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postsady3296, on 14 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Nice mods you got there...

It's only the one that shows the enemies' view cone that is a legal cheatmod right now. I don't see any other questionable mods.

 

@ topic: Try reporting it via some random (but somehow fitting) option in the ticket dropbox. Worked for me.


Edited by Jigabachi, 14 January 2019 - 12:29 PM.


unrealname #11 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25604 battles
  • 1,237
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 January 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Seen it done more and more recently. It's an old spot. But after a video a week or two ago. It got popular again. But I've never seen anyone use it effectively. Either arty instantly kills it. Or he sits there all game with 300 damage in a tier X game. So I don't see it as a major trouble spot. Tho Mountain pass is not on the patch 1.4 fix list. Nor do I know if this spot will get a hidden wall to stop wheeled tanks with boost etc. 

 

 

If it's on the WG mod site, I won't object to that. But I really thought the enemy gun direction mod was on the banned list at one point. 

 

nope, its not illegal, pretty much every 2nd russki streamer use them.

xtrem3x #12 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33789 battles
  • 1,753
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013
*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82, 15 January 2019 - 12:46 PM.
edited due to off topic content


Balc0ra #13 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68506 battles
  • 18,038
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Well, the patch 1.4 video is out. In it, they talk about creating hidden walls etc on maps due to the new wheeled tanks. Mountain pass was used as an example to show that all greyed out areas on the map are now blocked off. So I suggest testing this map instantly on that spot when CT goes up. 

Homer_J #14 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • 32,784
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 14 January 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

 

Silly qp. What you should have been using to try and climb it was a TOG.

 

Also convenient thread for me to post this from my session yesterday. Note that all three of them are unaffiliated with each other (even though they're the same tier and all, the Bulldog and ELC Aren't platooned). Don't really care about the position since they did seem to die pretty quick, but just found it quite funny.

 

I wish I had enemies like that when I'm playing arty on that map.  They all hide in the bottom of valleys which is no fun for me.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68506 battles
  • 18,038
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 14 January 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

I wish I had enemies like that when I'm playing arty on that map.  They all hide in the bottom of valleys which is no fun for me.

 

​Arty on his team must have had a field day on that spot. 

eldrak #16 Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49369 battles
  • 1,154
  • [GR-W] GR-W
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 January 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

​Arty on his team must have had a field day on that spot. 

 

Mountain Pass is actually a good arty map for players using the W key.

Lots of predictable blind fire spots and corners where you can splash 3+ tanks.



Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 34357 battles
  • 9,440
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postxtrem3x, on 14 January 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

*edited*

 

I doubt anyone needs a mod, but as long as they're legal then that's a matter for WG. Autoaim assist was legal for ages and loads of forumites said they used it. Then they didn't.

 

Any mod that can be used during the game that gives you an advantage when making tactical decisions or helping your tank perform is inherently unfair because not every player either knows about it or has access to choose whether to use it or not.

 

Unfair is not the same as illegal though, and if it was then XVM would have been stopped ages ago and QB wouldn't maybe be the poster boy for WG.


Edited by G_Bg_82, 15 January 2019 - 12:50 PM.


wEight_Tanker #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9102 battles
  • 720
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
I saw a Leopard PTA go there.

SuedKAT #19 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,176
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Posteldrak, on 14 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

 

Mountain Pass is actually a good arty map for players using the W key.

Lots of predictable blind fire spots and corners where you can splash 3+ tanks.

 

Ohh yes, Mines is even better but Mountain Pass is truly one of the easiest maps to counter enemy arty on not to mention if you spawn from OP's spawn the enemy shelf have some very attractive bushes on it that I blind-fire regardless of the tank I'm in and so far it's granted me all from 500-4k extra blind damage.

unrealname #20 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25604 battles
  • 1,237
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
in 1.4 mountain pass seems to be fully fixed - 0 climbs




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users