1.4 patch

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

acmineac #1 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15862 battles

Obj 279

"Players who have earned this tank believed that it was not 100% percent worth the effort required to obtain it"

The three actual players that got the tank said it does not worth the grind->buff it! Outstanding move WG! I would have done the same honestly. There were nothing crazy about the missions, no. Most players did not even complete the first two, but changing those seems unnecessary. Why would you make this tank so easy to acquire. It would just lose it's unique feature(not being able to see them in about any amounts of battle). It makes sense to buff it because the powerlevel of this tank was the problem, but now that you've buffed it you made sure that the three proud owners of this tank will have a jolly good time. Good stuff wg! Almost forgot! Removing another weakspot? Hell yea, now this is a true monster that can barely be penned frontally. If only majority of the people would be able to play this. But that's the fun in it, to get this tank.

Chimera
Another mega popular tank. Needed the buff most definitely. This is a great game, with a perfectly balanced gameplay. The vehicles are even, and when a tank is weak like the chimera it get's buffed in half a year. That's what i love about wg, that it does not take a huge amount of time to change the things that player's have problem with. They recieved feedback again, that this tank was weak and bam! Next patch it's getting op!(I mean even, with all the other tanks.) No big delays, straight into the action. I'd love to see the new chimera in action, against my tiger 2. I bet i'll slap them. So yeah, another necessary buff to a very relevant tank, again great stuff so far!

Everyone was just bragging about these two tanks being underpowered. Now that there are no underpowered tanks in this game, because they just got buffed we can move on!

Ghost town
Oh boy, right on track. I know you'd do it! My favorite map that i've played so many times back in the day. And it's comnig back! And the visuals! They're great! More maps are always welcome in my oppinion. And there are no other urgent things that need to be fixed, so yeah, why not! I've heard some people quarreling about the matchmaker, and some overpowered "special" ammo. They stated that it turns this amazing f2p game into p2w. But this map should make them quiet for a time.

If it won't the wheeled tanks will surely do! That's right! Wheeled french tanks are coming next patch! Omg, i'm so excited! This frankly just came out of nowhere. I mean a knew that there will be wheeled tanks but so early in 2k19? This is all i could have asked for.  How do you top that? You don't. You just can't. 1.4 will be crazy man, i can tell you that much!

Multi-threading
Meh, i don't know about this one. Doesn't seem too obvious why wg did this. I mean it does not change the gameplay, unlike the rest of this patch, and just purely improves the performance for everyone. Even non-obj 279 players. Guess we can sacrifice that much, i think i see it now.

I think this is the best patch so far since defender was added to the game. Love the game guys, good luck, and i'll see you on the battlefield.

krismorgan #2 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34304 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

Those players are the only ones wg listen to anyway so its not suprising they get a quick buff and something new to play.

Frostilicus #3 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22504 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
I tried two games on test server, realised why I don't play this game any more and logged out :)

signal11th #4 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39419 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Yet another patch that fails to focus on any of the multitude of problems in the game and this is a success to you? 

Keyanu #5 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10482 battles
I'm hoping the multi-core threading will be huge as I feel it will be a great benefit. I have 7 other cores that are under-used at the moment

acmineac #6 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15862 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 15 January 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yet another patch that fails to focus on any of the multitude of problems in the game and this is a success to you? 

Whaat? You don't need new maps? Or buffs to the tanks that nobody plays other than some unicums?Wheeled vehicles dude!
Nobody cares about overshadowed tanks, type 5 premium rounds, matchmaker, arties being dominant and such things. This next patch gona rock man! Wheeled vehicles. Ghost town. What else could you ask for, wtf?

Gkirmathal #7 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8130 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

I think you didn't recognize the fantastic sarcasm in his post :teethhappy:

eldrak #8 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49371 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

If you want to write a sarcastic post you shouldn't complain about multithreading. If it works well it could offer a lot of performance boosts for pretty much everyone.

It seems weird to complain about new (old) maps too as that's something that a lot of players want.

signal11th #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39419 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostGkirmathal, on 15 January 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

I think you didn't recognize the fantastic sarcasm in his post :teethhappy:

Probably not as it's early for me here.. 

Mannanan #10 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 25433 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 15 January 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Go to your kitchen, take a dose of salt. Put it in your mouth without swallowing it and read it again. And OP starts to make a sense to you... guaranteed.

Edited by Mannanan, 15 January 2019 - 11:09 AM.

acmineac #11 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15862 battles

View Posteldrak, on 15 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

If you want to write a sarcastic post you shouldn't complain about multithreading. If it works well it could offer a lot of performance boosts for pretty much everyone.

It seems weird to complain about new (old) maps too as that's something that a lot of players want.

How is that a great thing? Better performance for everyone? I think it should only be available for premium accounts. I don't want wargaming to run out of money with such improvements, that does not bring them income. They really should monetize that feature. There is just no gain for them, only the players get something and that is not acceptable. xd

Junglist_ #12 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39127 battles

Haven't played any of the reward tanks but doesn't it make sense to buff them to a level so players actually want to obtain them? Not sure about the 279 but I thought that the general consensus on Chimera is that it's PoS.

And are you seriously complaining about the wheeled vehicles being added? 

I wished for some of the changes they announced they will be introducing this year like the MM changes or buffs to Leo etc but can't expect everything in first patch of the year.

TheDrownedApe #13 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 46127 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Q1. Will the changes to the Chimera make me play it more - no. it's still poo and not enjoyable

Q2. Will the changes to the 279e make me grind the missions quicker - no as a lot of them are the antipathy to enjoying the game

Q3. Will I play WVs - no as they seem/are being reported as poo and not enjoyable (once you finished looning around)

Q4. If I recall, Ghost town was a map where you could get shot from multiple angles and the perp could hide behind the cover within 1 sec of shooting you. It will not be enjoyable

So yes OP you are right that the patch won't please me, but some of the reason you give are not really the issue

acmineac #14 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15862 battles

View PostJunglist_, on 15 January 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I wished for some of the changes they announced they will be introducing this year like the MM changes or buffs to Leo etc but can't expect everything in first patch of the year.

Absolutely dude, absolutely. Reducing 1400 dmg to 1200 or remove it...that could definitely take up a lots of time. MM changes aswell. Or buff older tanks, change arties. These are things that were not present in world of tanks so far, and only became a problem in the last 1-2 months. It totally makes sense that they take a lot of time to change these small little, almost non-existing problems.

Keyanu #15 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10482 battles

Don't worry, you can go watch his stream and watch him team kill.

Perhaps that can be patched out?

OIias_of_Sunhillow #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25294 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 15 January 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

I tried two games on test server, realised why I don't play this game any more and logged out :)

Played 12 games on the test server last night, got team-killed 5 times by Russki's. And I wasn't the only one getting TK'd.

The Russians are nuts on the test server.

Erwin_Von_Braun #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40368 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

That's the thing with 'problems' my good man - not all of them are a 'problem' for everyone :)

ValkyrionX #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48832 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

idk about the buff of the Obj279 cause i need 10 mission to win it , I tried the Chimera "buffed" ..imo still a terrible tank..

The only real good things of this patch are the wheeled vehicles , the new version of ghost town and the amazing multithreading support for multicore cpus.

I have atm some fps drop when I play with the actual client cause my cpu [ x4 core ] it is not used properly and the work almost always remains on the core-0 not adequately exploiting the other 3.

I played several games on the CT server with ultra graphics on hd client with better graphics and the FSP are almost always fixed on 65-60 [my monitor is a 65hz via dvi cable] without ever going below 55 with AMD optimized vsync ON.

On the live server instead I sometimes go down to 30 fps despite having a good AMD rx570 nitro+ 4gb , all because without multithreading the processor does not work on all the cores in the same way.

This patch to those who own a cpu up to 3 cores will give a really better gaming experience, especially for those who own old computers but with multicore cpu that will improve the potential even of old video cards.

I think it's one of the best possible patches in terms of performance and support, something that not all software houses do.

11:12 Added after 3 minutes

View Postsignal11th, on 15 January 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

getting to multithreading support requires a huge IT development and programming work, which can take months or years.

as far as this aspect is concerned, it is a very successful patch, as far as the game is concerned and its development in the matches and the balancing of other factors is another matter of course.

I do not agree, this patch, totally in transition to the changes that we will see this year, is an absolutely re-developed and necessary patch.

11:15 Added after 6 minutes

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 15 January 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Played 12 games on the test server last night, got team-killed 5 times by Russki's. And I wasn't the only one getting TK'd.

The Russians are nuts on the test server.

yeah its true , russian players are crazy on the CT server ..and yeah..they are more noobs than European players .. according to me they play really bad compared to us Europeans
at least for what I saw in all the tests that I have tested until today , even in the sandbox server.

signal11th #19 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39419 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostKeyanu, on 15 January 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Don't worry, you can go watch his stream and watch him team kill.

Perhaps that can be patched out?

Only when the [edited]are phased out.. you still crying over that? jesus thankfully Twitch have softened the blow of losing you as a viewer by sending me 120 dollars this morning.. 

Edited by signal11th, 15 January 2019 - 12:27 PM.

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48832 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

wrong thread..lol

Edited by ValkyrionX, 15 January 2019 - 12:36 PM.

Also tagged with 1.4, patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users