Roadmap 2019 ( my version)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

HelpIamClaustrophobic #1 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23308 battles

My advice for a roadmap for 2019:

1. +1/-1 MM only then point 2 is possible. This will be the only way to save this game. What to do with preferentials? Give them a higher top tier chance for all I care. But -2 bottom tier is a huge dissatisfaction factor and unhappy people invest less. I see more and more games where 4 or 5 tanks have 0 damage because they simply gave up.
  2. Balance within tiers and tank types. Do I need to explain this? Also includes Premium tanks. Make them the same as their counterparts and the bonus will still be making more cash and crew training. I have a lot of premiums and I don’t mind tuning them. I bet many of you don’t if the outcome would be balance across the whole tier
  3. Add different tank counts on some maps:  Mines 7 vs 7 or 10 vs 10 team matchups and Ensk 10 vs 10 etc. I hate these overcrowded small maps.
  4. Reduce spotting range from all vehicles with 10%. On some maps you get spotted the minute when you leave your spawn. Also on many maps as a slow tank you just can’t get into any position anymore without getting spotted and shot to pieces
  5. Add more XP percentage for key roles: Heavies more XP for bouncing, Lights for scouting, assisted damage, Tank destroyers for damage and mediums a mix
  6. Make Arty more dynamic (if not removed at all). I would suggest they can’t just park in 1 spot on the edge of the map and shoot everywhere but they should need to relocate. This can be done by range. So they cant cover the whole map but need to chose a spot based on what part they want to assist.
  7. Gold ehhhh, special ammo. The damage reduction is ok but should be part of a structured plan (like everything). First we need to address the strange differences in how much pen special ammo adds for different tanks. For example T54 with sh$t pen with normal and great pen with special ammo. An insane percentage of increased pen. While other tanks get only a slight upgrade in Pen. Why not base the pen increase on a +percentage of the normal pen. And then add the reduce in damage. But keep in mind that shell velocity is a factor as well. And can be used as a plus or minus as well. With the wheeled veicles shell velocity gets a lot more important
  8. Add more maps, bring back old maps. I even would suggest map packs. You can make extra maps available for premium users or let people buy them as premium content. We need bigger maps and not those small corridor ones.
  9. Skins, skins and skins. Customisation is the way for the money grab. But this only works with happy customers. So fix the game and this will bring you a huge income
  10. More frontline maps, more tiers. But with the current meta I fear for failure of frontline due to the OP premiums currently in the game
  11. Stock tanks need to be competitive. Sure modules are cool to make a tank better but don’t overdo it. Tanks should be playable stock and modules should give slight advantages. I even opt for giving them more diversity by advancing in the modules. For example chosing the top turret with lots of armour means you cant mount the top gun but on the turret with lesser armour you can use the top gun (bit like the shermans and the derp). Can also be the choice between a high alpha gun with less gun depression and a lower alpha gun with more depression. So you can adjust a tank setup more to your play style. I would even go further and add the possibility to chose preset setup for the map you get
  12. Remove external ratings like WN8, XVM. Knowing the strength of players on enemy team and seeing win percentage is a killer for the game. Nothing wrong with the customise features in XVM but these statistical features need to go.
  13. Team damage. Yup remove it. Although realistic this is the toy of the grievers. It increases toxicity.

Feel free to comment and add to the list. I send it to Wargaming support but got directed here as usual.

The most important for me are tank balance and Matchmaking

Jauhesammutin #2 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22909 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

1. I like -2/+2. But not ALL THE TIME. Changethe 3/5/7 template system. Use 5/10 or 6/9 etc as the primary. So people will see mostly same tier and some +1/-1. And occasionally they will see the 3/5/7 (1/10 games for example).

2. Premiums don't need balance they are fine as they are. Just don't sell new buffed premiums in lootboxes or in a 100€ bundle..

3. This would change all statistics since it's much harder to deal X amount of damage when you have 10 enemies to shoot at compared to 15 enemies. So MoE would change, WN8 would change. Too complicated. If you want to play 10v10 or 7v7 you can play skirmishes.

4. Good spotting range punishes greedy heavies who think they can just drive across the map. That's a good thing. But decrease the maximum spotting range by tank class. For example Lights 460 and mediums 440.

5. This is a good idea. Light tanks should get full credits and XP from assisted damage since "it's their job to scout".

6. Arties should have the same siege mode as the Swedish tanks (but with current stats). This would mean that countering arty actually would be a viable strategy. Also arties shouldn't be able to shoot outside of siege mode so lights would actually have a chance against arties.

7.This is a good thing but requires a full rework with every vehicle. Armor nerfs for heavies and acc/pen buffs for unarmored tanks. Also prem rounds should cost around the same with normal rounds.

8. More open maps, yes. Prokhorovka and Malinovka are the best maps hands down. Good role for every tank and actual space for tanks to move in.

9. This. Monetize with skins instead of lootboxes and premium this and that.

10. Didn't play frontline so no opinion.

11. Some grinds are horrible. To be honest, at this point they could remove the stock grinds completely. Instead offer people options like you said. Bigger derpy gun or faster pew pew. Like the Swedish tier 7 Leo. Both guns on that tank are viable. They just suit different playstyles.

12. Remove xvm from battles. Since you can't even talk to the enemy team why should you even see their names?

13. Make it so that first (for example every 24 hours) team damage registers as normal (accidents happen) but the rest reflect back to the shooter. So in that way you can get those amazing situations when you survive thanks to the enemy missing you and killing their team member.

Rhym #3 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6266 battles
  • [GWOF] GWOF

View PostJauhesammutin, on 15 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

2. Premiums don't need balance they are fine as they are. Just don't sell new buffed premiums in lootboxes or in a 100€ bundle..

Premiums don't need balance? There are some obnoxious premiums that are easily best in tier that apparently can't be nerfed since people paid for them. E-25, Defender etc are abominations that should not be immune to balancing like they are now. WG really need to drop their policy of never nerfing clearly OP premium tanks. If I never see another E-25 again it will be too soon.

Hey WG, a lot people paid for the game. I buy premium. Should my experience be crapped on by an E-25 jerking it in a bush just because they poured their money directly into a premium tank?

Edited by Rhym, 16 January 2019 - 11:14 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1. Never gonna happen.

2. Balance is ok-ish and is constantly being improved.

3. Wtf? 7vs7 or 10vs10 is a completely different game, amount of players in a team is a huge factor and shouldn't be played with that easily.

4. Mmmmmk, whatever you say.

5. Being suggested a gazillion times and a gazillion times developers told they not gonna change xp system. Also from your post it is obvious you don't know how this system works.

6. #makeartygreatagain

7. Soon™

8. More, more , more

9. They obviously realized that long ago but waited for new engine to come out. Now, enjoy your custom Grille skin.

10. More, more, more

11. Could be good for the game, but probably never gonna happen because it's an insane rebalance.

12. Soon™

13. Soon™

This suggestions from OP shows how far most of the playerbase is from WoT development discussion.

Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22909 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View PostRhym, on 16 January 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Premiums don't need balance? There are some obnoxious premiums that are easily best in tier that apparently can't be nerfed since people paid for them. E-25, Defender etc are abominations that should not be immune to balancing like they are now. WG really need to drop their policy of never nerfing clearly OP premium tanks. If I never see another E-25 again it will be too soon.

Hey WG, a lot people paid for the game. I buy premium. Should my experience be crapped on by an E-25 jerking it in a bush just because they poured their money directly into a premium tank?

Well, I'll challenge any of your OP P2W premium. I'll take (let's go easy) E50M.

You are going to say "hey, that's a tier 10 tank". So? Didn't you just say that Defender etc are clearly OP? You are just a hypocrite who thinks that real money tanks shouldn't be good or better than their counterparts, while it's totally OK to shoot tanks 2 tiers lower or fight against stock tanks and whatever.

Premium tanks stop at tier 8. Your IS3 is going to be an IS7 someday. Your IS7 is going to destroy Defenders. They paid real money for their tank while you got it for free. Which is fair and which is not?

signal11th #6 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39419 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Put your list against WG roadmap for 2019.

1: More content no matter if the game needs or it or not.

2: More maps with all zones for all tanks which is short for, trying to please everyone pleases no one.

3: Fix the "speshul ammo" problem by introducing event after event so everyone can afford to spam it.

4: Any actual fixes go to the "Soon" box in the office which suspiciously resembles the office bin.

That's been their roadmap since I started playing in 2011 so I doubt it will change for 2019.

Edited by signal11th, 16 January 2019 - 05:43 PM.

Kartoshkaya #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24830 battles
Just remove arty and the game is gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users