Italian Auto-Reloaders. Any Complaints?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

Hi all, 

I've been grinding my way up the Eye-talian line and not yet reached the A-R classes yet. Can those who have played the tier 8->10 long enough to have gained a good understanding of these tanks strengths and weaknesses give me a heads up on what I should watch out for and some key pointers as to best avoid some epic fail moments that a noob like me to the A-R class of gun mechanics should know about. Also, are the module grinds really bad or are some of them in some way competitive from stock or semi-stock? Also, how are they for ammo racks, catching fire and crew deaths? 

Thanks all.

tank276 #2 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53836 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Starting from the elited Pantera, the line is pretty solid.

You have to play like an autoloader/single shot hybrid, you will get the feel after a few hundred battles.

You must understand that you will spend a lot of time repositioning and changing flanks.

Avoid like hell going deep into the magazine, use the 3rd shot of the burst only to finish off low HP opponents.

Always see the mid battle alive and not from spectator's view, in end game autoreloaders can be lethal.

The stock modules are pretty bad,yes.

Ammo racks happen quite often (safe stowage for driver recommended) , fuel tank fires not so much.

Crew is pretty vulnerable (maybe use large med kit).

Cheers

Edited by tank276, 16 January 2019 - 09:35 AM.

qpranger #3 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38883 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Armour should be buffed.

tank276 #4 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53836 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
The Ranger is right, apart from the frontal turret armour of Progetto 65, everything else will be penetrated by the enemy.

Ceeb #5 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32574 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Armour shouldn't be buffed.  Thats poppycock

Start at the T5 and ground to the T6, then free XP'd to the Panini 44, Love the tank.  Its fast, decent gun.  Havent got the Standard B yet but do have the Spagettio.

I see the eye-tie line used as red line tanks.... not the way I drive mine,  I rarely off load my clip and only do so if I know I can kill the tank.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles
So they're played heavily as a single shot tank with badish dpm? Interesting... and is the premium T8 straight up a better "pay to win" tank than the T8 panties, or does the panties have some attributes over over the T8 premium?

WhoCares01 #7 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21353 battles

While I am only at the Pantera myself, some (rather obvious) points.

- you are bad at trading - you need to fire twice to deal equal/more damage against most tier 8+, and with that you sacrifice DPM; peaking for just one shot does not work if you have to expect a return hit (obviously even worse when you look into a tier 9/10 high alpha gun)

- you are great at double-tracking, but you usually can't exploit it, because you just sacrificed your DPM with the second shot; only really works if there is a teammate to work over the target

So far, stock grinds with the Italians didn't feel thaaat bad compared to others - iirc the stock Pantera gun still has similar pen to some other tier 8 tanks top gun (~190 iirc edit: nope, just 165, so "difficult" ); but obviously still better if you can avoid it. And you don't need the tracks before mounting any of the other modules/equipment either. Oh, and with the stock turret, you are running on a two shot auto-reloader...

Edited by WhoCares01, 15 January 2019 - 03:41 PM.

Ceeb #8 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32574 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I have more games in the tier 8 than the Prem T8 i got with my gold from the Xmas boxs.  But the tech tree T8 i really like but the Prem is superior in everyway (its the norm for the new Premium tier 8)  Fire 1 to 2 to keep the DPM up, firing all three shells screws with the DPM (In my opinion) I havent played enough of them yet to have a better opinion on them.

Edited by Ceeb, 15 January 2019 - 03:32 PM.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles
The Pantera is probably more fun to grind towards tier 9 than the TVP VTU though? I mean, GOD that tank and me do NOT get on one little bit and as a result the tier9 Skoda is a long long way from being unlocked. Tell me the Pantera is like a million times better and more fun to play than the TVP VTU.

Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42507 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Loving the Tier VI at the moment - looking forward to the rest of the line.

Ceeb #11 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32574 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

The Pantera is probably more fun to grind towards tier 9 than the TVP VTU though? I mean, GOD that tank and me do NOT get on one little bit and as a result the tier9 Skoda is a long long way from being unlocked. Tell me the Pantera is like a million times better and more fun to play than the TVP VTU.

TVP was a XP/Gold sink.... inserted to make you use/buy your gold... I spent 140K free XP to get the sublime T50

Cuck0osNest #12 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13086 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
Nice autoreloaders.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 15 January 2019 - 03:46 PM.

kubawt112 #13 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

If you've played a normal autoloader, you just have to adapt to less clip potential traded for more flexibility. The Pantera is not as good as the premium tank, but fairly OK as far as T8 MTs go. Best of all, you'll soon get to grind it in Frontline (well, likely "soon" ).

T9 and T10 should both be great, perhaps enough to feed your Christmas girls some spaghetti (wink-wi.... no).

Edited by kubawt112, 15 January 2019 - 04:02 PM.

Stig_Stigma #14 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17468 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
I have played with the tier 9 and 10 in test servwr and batchat and tvp are way better in my opinion. I have batchat. I will research tvp.

Shacou #15 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22679 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I liked standard B, has very good penetration for medium tank, 268 is almost like Jtigers 270. Also instantaneous shell velocity. Havent tried Tier 10 yet.

Edited by Shacou, 15 January 2019 - 04:03 PM.

Soup_Potato #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Posttank276, on 15 January 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

Avoid like hell going deep into the magazine, use the 3rd shot of the busrt only to finish off low HP opponents.

The stock modules are pretty bad,yes.

Ammo racks happen quite often (safe stowage for driver recommended) , fuel tank fires not so much.

Crew is pretty vulnerable (maybe use large med kit).

On the 240 alpha guns going to 3rd shot is not even close to dangerous. The reloads are so short and in live situations you often need to stay in cover for the 10s at least so it doesn't cost that much to dip into the 3rd shot when needed. On the Standard B it starts to get more situational but it still isn't punishing to shoot the 3rd shot. In Progetto 65 it's not at all advised to shoot the 4th unless enemy is a one shot or you are going to relocate anyways and be in no danger.

The Standard B is like Leopard PTA, you need to get everything. That will be the biggest struggle. You although can equip everything before getting the tracks which means you can choose what order to unlock the modules. Gun - turret - engine might be the better choice but getting engine as fast is decent too if you like mobility.

Ammo rack indeed gets taken out fairly often. I can't see large medkit (or consumables) worth it though. Haven't had a problem with lacking that advantage.

View Postqpranger, on 15 January 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Armour should be buffed.

No it really doesn't. But if something were to be buffed armour wise, the Standard B's upper hull should be like 35 instead of 25 so not every gun it meets overmatches it. Panthera for example is able to sidescrape, not well, but still able to. Progetto 65 upper hull is autobounce from level ground and it does work in live situation, the turret face could be changed to work like Leopard PTA's though so that it would have autobounce angles on the edges. The armouring is in general just fine on the tanks.

Tactical_Spoon #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1621 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 January 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

Hi all, 

I've been grinding my way up the Eye-talian line and not yet reached the A-R classes yet. Can those who have played the tier 8->10 long enough to have gained a good understanding of these tanks strengths and weaknesses give me a heads up on what I should watch out for and some key pointers as to best avoid some epic fail moments that a noob like me to the A-R class of gun mechanics should know about. Also, are the module grinds really bad or are some of them in some way competitive from stock or semi-stock? Also, how are they for ammo racks, catching fire and crew deaths? 

Thanks all.

I think everyone over-complicates the Italian mediums. The progetto 65 is my first and only tier 10 on PC and I play it however the situation arises. If I have the opportunity to empty my clip into a tank I’ll do it (unless it’s a 1v1, then you have to use maths) because damage is damage. But the beauty of it is that you can take pot shots and without worrying about a 30-40 second reload in an auto loader as long as you don’t go deep into the magazine.

i played the Standard B stock with personal reserves and the Christmas event but it’s not terrible if you play it smart - it’s a beast when you fully upgrade it though.

FatigueGalaxy #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 January 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

So they're played heavily as a single shot tank with badish dpm? Interesting... and is the premium T8 straight up a better "pay to win" tank than the T8 panties, or does the panties have some attributes over over the T8 premium?

That's true for tier 9 and tier 10 but definitely not for P.44 Pantera. When you are in tier 9 or tier 10 battles, you can't afford to miss any opportunity to do damage so if you can fire all 3 shots, you should do it. It's still just 240 alpha gun with ~6.9 s reload - you can't really afford to expose yourself that often. It's better to unload whenever you can and hide.

You only go into "single-shot mode" when:

- somebody rushes you so you can keep DPM high and save your clip to finish the enemy off,

- plenty of available enemies to shoot,

- enemy is tracked or/and in a bad position, etc.

There is no simple answer. You have to judge every situation by yourself and decide if it's worth reloading for ~6.9s (and keep your DPM high) or fire another shot immediately. But in most cases, because of 3-5-7 MM, you'll be firing whenever you can so you can hide/run/reposition, before enemy can return fire or arty focuses you. There is no reason to save your shells and keep high DPM if you don't have an opportunity to use it anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users