Team play vanished?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

topfox #1 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 70118 battles
  • [POJAT] POJAT

Just wondering what has happen the old days wot??? All "old clan" players vanished or what is going on??? Playing spg and asking from light ones spot. Rare if that happen. Fisherman bay map. Playing td and asking light ones spot that upper line. Dont happen, but enemy can do that. And lost. 

This is just 2 example and there is many of them. 

Is it so that own stats are more important than playing for team? And if spg dont help you, u get mad and yelling them why not help. Have they perhaps think ever what can be problem if spg cant help??Enemy hiding so that spg cant shoot them, no sot or what can be reason???

Also seems to be hard look minimap is thee something going on in other side or can light one or someone else do something better which helps team??

Someone has investigated that many players have leave from WoT for reason perhaps MM or something else. I dont even wonder this. Premium ammos against so much, team play vanished ext.

Good old days have buried deep somewhere…...

OreH75 #2 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50147 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Most of the times the problem with bush (edited) arties and TD's is that they dont understand that yolo suicide spotting a specific line/position will only light up the target long enough to do 1 shot and after the yolo scout dies they still have no targets too shoot anymore..and keep pinging on mediums to go spot for them.

They also *could* look at the minimap themselves, see where tanks are spotted and adjust their aim and/or position to help over there because the position the want the scout to yolo spot isnt important at that time....

Oh and teamplay does happen in randoms, you just need some players with a functioning brain: http://wotreplays.eu...oreh75-t-100_lt

Edited by OreH75, 15 January 2019 - 07:09 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There are a lot of factors at work that promote selfish gameplay.

Missions.

Personal Reserves.

To name a couple - sadly it seems to be the way the game is going - can't say I'm surprised tho.

Stig_Stigma #4 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12167 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR

View PostOreH75, on 15 January 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

Most of the times the problem with bush wanking arties and TD's is that they dont understand that yolo suicide spotting a specific line/position will only light up the target long enough to do 1 shot and after the yolo scout dies they still have no targets too shoot anymore..and keep pinging on mediums to go spot for them.

They also *could* look at the minimap themselves, see where tanks are spotted and adjust their aim and/or position to help over there because the position the want the scout to yolo spot isnt important at that time....

Yep. Op is clearly a camper clicker who stays the same position all time.

Shacou #5 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21179 battles
  • [TBOA] TBOA
Nobody wants to cooperate, every man is for himself in WoT. I spot for people in my Lts, but sometimes there are situations when spotting is impossible, for example enemy has a light with stronger cammo and viewrange, thus constantly counterspotting me, and even if i spot something, allies miss all shots or are busy admiring maps scenery behind redlines. Even if you communicate with team in chat, they don't read it anyway, at this point you either get teamkilled or you go to yolo scout.

shikaka9 #6 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 64258 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
Teamplay was always imaginary in randoms ... Its Ally vs. Enemy, not Team vs. Team

Soup_Potato #7 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

Why do I sniff from the OP that it's always someone else's fault than his, and everyone else is a problem.

I personally find team mates helping when I'm playing arty. It doesn't require the use of chat, just ping the map square and indicate your reload time or just use the T-key. Problems come when playing lights though. I make mistakes too, but If I am not able to spot enemies (because you know, sometimes enemies actually know how the game works and know not to get spotted) but know where they are, no one is willing to blindshoot anything... This is something one just has to deal with, the player base is not willing to play as a team sometimes. I recommend to actually thank and congratulate people when they do work as a team. Might feel like patronizing but it sure is more pleasant than shouting at others when they aren't helping. I noticed it's common courtesy to say ''affirmative'' when received help, and that's the sort of ''thanks'' without having to start typing in the chat.

wsatnutter #8 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 January 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

There are a lot of factors at work that promote selfish gameplay.

Missions.

Personal Reserves.

To name a couple - sadly it seems to be the way the game is going - can't say I'm surprised tho.

this

SABAOTH #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Actually I found often teamplay lately.

It might have something to do with arty if you don't get warm cooperation

Mannanan #10 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25296 battles

View Posttopfox, on 15 January 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

... Dont happen, but enemy can do that. ...

So there is a team play after all...

SABAOTH #11 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostMannanan, on 15 January 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

So there is a team play after all...

THEY are looking for us :ohmy:

eekeeboo #12 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 45924 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

Usually, encouraging teamplay can come from you. 

Help the person on their side/roof. When someone pings for support, relocate and help them if it's safe to do so etc. 

Never be afraid to say thank-you for the support and help and ask nicely. Doesn't always work, but you have to encourage it little by little. 

Darky1029 #13 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13951 battles

Lately ive been playing for team less and less. Ive had so many games where im passive spotting half of their team for 2 minutes straight with one guy with half a brain shooting at them, because he moved up to utilize my spotting unlike the others.

Id love to help out my teammates, but it bites me in the [edited](In the back end, manual censorship) 90% of the time. So these days i only help teammates if its at the end of the game and i will need the player to win - Block a shot for him, use own tank to protect the player from death.

1 good player is worh more than 10 autistic players that cant lead a shot on a maus.

I do love the random teamplay with players that know how to play the game, not so long ago had a game in batchat 25t where using map pings and commands we had a perfect wolfpack with another batchat 25t. Won 2vs8 in the end.

Spoiler

Edited by eekeeboo, 15 January 2019 - 07:38 PM.

BrainlessWorm #14 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 613 battles
I can only speak from my recent experiences moving up again through the lower tiers, but team play does rear it's head once in a while and this is fun to experience. It usually occurs when there are only a couple of you left in a fairly close game and then the teamwork frequently develops. I remember a tier 6 game and I was the last alive in my Marder38T and the other was in an ELC. The red team still had 5 players on Prok encounter and they were capping. In reality we did not have much of a chance but we had a great 3 minutes or so running all over the place, constantly resetting until I ran out of ammo and  I could only spot for the ELC until their arty did for me.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13163 battles

View Posttopfox, on 15 January 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Just wondering what has happen the old days wot??? All "old clan" players vanished or what is going on??? Playing spg and asking from light ones spot. Rare if that happen. Fisherman bay map. Playing td and asking light ones spot that upper line. Dont happen, but enemy can do that. And lost. 

This is just 2 example and there is many of them. 

Is it so that own stats are more important than playing for team? And if spg dont help you, u get mad and yelling them why not help. Have they perhaps think ever what can be problem if spg cant help??Enemy hiding so that spg cant shoot them, no sot or what can be reason???

Also seems to be hard look minimap is thee something going on in other side or can light one or someone else do something better which helps team??

Someone has investigated that many players have leave from WoT for reason perhaps MM or something else. I dont even wonder this. Premium ammos against so much, team play vanished ext.

Good old days have buried deep somewhere…...

I think you have to have "team chat" turned on for that though ? 

Oldewolfe #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 513 battles

With the Exodus of some of the Older Players, and the Surge of CoD and Battlefield Players to name a Few, Team Play has definately Suffered...     I try to make the Best of it, but some Days it's just better to Feed the Tank to Red and move On to another Match.. .       

I still get the Odd Game here and there where all the Pieces come together, so Sacrificing a Garbage Team to get one that Works, I have no problem with...       I just prefer to Not have to do that to get a Good Game....

AggressivePotato #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30994 battles
  • [-UVS-] -UVS-

Wait...

World of tanks is a Team Play game ?

wsatnutter #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

In the old beta days it existed 

When you needed it

Now we have missions blah blah  blah 

All missions  should be secret and when you complete one 

And the rewards etc appear in garage  that's your  WTF  MOMENT 

Until this teamplay is and will be  finished 

Sfinski #19 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33385 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
There's no team play in randoms. You can't trust your team 95% of the time so best way to win the games is to perform as well as possible yourself.

SuperOlsson #20 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21754 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

As soon as i see a TD/arty sitting far in the back, clicking the map and yelling anything that includes "SPOT!", or spam the minimap in general, i instablock them. I am typically always spotting for the team, unless I'm in a corridor anyways, just not the way the bushw***ers want me to (i.e yolodie). The ones spamclicking the map are also usually the ones who rages in the chat and shoots you in the back.

(PS: There is an ultrafast way to block people, hold ctrl and click the red cross next to the chat message)

Edited by SuperOlsson, 16 January 2019 - 07:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users