• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Bulanskovich #1 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20871 battles
  • [RO-SE] RO-SE

Hello!

I recently bought this tank and I've been struggling with it a bit. Now granted I am not really that good of a player, it just feels like I'm always making the worst possible decision about positioning and engagements and the RNG really doesn't like me. A lot of what I would say are well aimed shots just somehow miss or hit in such a way that it doesn't pen.

The armor is good but since I am rarely against same tier opponents it feels less effective, not to mention when premium ammo starts coming my way, if I angle I expose the cheeks or side, if I face it, the armor just doesn't hold.

I've just had a match where a lot of shots just went into the tracks or missed, fully aimed each time.

Can anyone recommend any particular video or guide I could watch to get an idea of what I am doing wrong? 

wEight_Tanker #2 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9215 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
How many % are your crew? I had it rented from those "Choose your tank" codes and must say that it is a really good brawler. Doesn't have the best DPM, but the frontal hull and turret armor are beast! Hulldown works unless they get your cupola. I was pretty satisfied with it.

hasnainrakha57 #3 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15174 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
1)I recommend u using gun-rammer,ventilation and enhanced gun laying drive.
2) use food also
3)crew at 100 percent

Result:no more shot miss,better aim time=happiness!

unrealname #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25604 battles
well its one of those tanks, same like the defender, its designed to stomp lower tiers, but it cant stand its ground against higher tiers much. one thing you should remember - dont ever stay still when enemies are aiming at you, that cupola is an easy shot for everyone if you stay still.

LordMuffin #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49178 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I used V-stab, Rammer,  vents when 3 marking it.
As you say,  armour only really works again st T8 and below.
Angling is not optimal due to cheeks, but you can poke with a heavily angled front and a hidden inner cheek to giver yourself a decent chance of bouncing incoming shots.
Sidescraping is not useful due to 40mm (I think it is) which means, overmatchable by the most common tanks you meet.

Turret is rather good, 10 degrees of gun depression aswell, so use this. Find ridge lines to fight at.

At least this worked when I 3-marked mine.
But that was in the old MM.

Bulanskovich #6 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20871 battles
  • [RO-SE] RO-SE

Hello, thank you for the tips, I tried some new things.

Crew is 100%, not running food though cause I would like to keep it for moneymaking.

I just can't seem to make it work. Arty shoots at me with gold wil little problems because of the size, gun keep missing some decently aimed shots, it's quite infuriating. Even tier 8s pen my frontal armour even angled with premium and sometimes even regular shells when I try to hide the right cheek and cupola behind a corner. 

Is there any exchange event coming any time soon? I don't want to blame the tank but it just feels frustrating, I get the very very rare match where I am at least against my tier but overall the experience is nothing but stress and frustration, I am having buyer's remorse. 

The game seems to be making fun of me in it, I have almost 60% winrate in it, while with the T54 Prot. which I do statistically better in I have not hit 50% yet. 

kaneloon #7 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29492 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

You should insist a little more.

Lots of tanks I though were sh.t but just needed a little more time than others. Often the more rewarding in terms of progression : they are in your competency weak spot.

Perhabs look for wotreplays battles where it encounters tX. It will give you an idea of how to play it, where to go on some maps, etc ...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostBulanskovich, on 16 January 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

Hello, thank you for the tips, I tried some new things.

Crew is 100%, not running food though cause I would like to keep it for moneymaking.

I just can't seem to make it work. Arty shoots at me with gold wil little problems because of the size, gun keep missing some decently aimed shots, it's quite infuriating. Even tier 8s pen my frontal armour even angled with premium and sometimes even regular shells when I try to hide the right cheek and cupola behind a corner. 

Is there any exchange event coming any time soon? I don't want to blame the tank but it just feels frustrating, I get the very very rare match where I am at least against my tier but overall the experience is nothing but stress and frustration, I am having buyer's remorse. 

The game seems to be making fun of me in it, I have almost 60% winrate in it, while with the T54 Prot. which I do statistically better in I have not hit 50% yet. 

Here is an idea, you're in a clan and you can play it all you want in team battles. You'll meet only tier 8s and the gold spam is much less than in randoms. More credits, less stress, much more fun and the added bonus of getting to know your tank very well. How much the gun need to aim at which distance? Which positions are best for this tank on different maps? etc.

Playing tier 8 premiums in randoms is a waste of time and nerve!

Bulanskovich #9 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20871 battles
  • [RO-SE] RO-SE

Yeah maybe I am giving up too fast, it was just a moment of rage and when one gets andgry there's rarely any clear thinking, I will look at more replays and will try to adjust my playstyle.

Also regarding the clan, it's unfortunately not that active anymore. But if I am not mistaken Frontline or what that mode was called that is strictly tier 8 might come around soon, maybe that will be a breath of fresh air.

Thank you everyone for taking the time and I apologise for ranting.

Baldrickk #10 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31406 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I'm finding it fairly dependable myself.

Which gun are you using? I recommend the 105.

It is less accurate but carries a bigger punch.

What range are your engagements at? I've found that the tank performs best as a mid tier, able to take the second line  support role (not sniping) and that the gun works well there

SABAOTH #11 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

1.  3 -5 -70 that's the first problem, tier 8 being constantly bottom. Being tier 8 the level where there are the best and more expensive premium tanks, then getting surprised of players bleeding out. :coin:
  2.  Gold ammo is basically autopen on that thing

LordMuffin #12 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49178 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 January 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

I'm finding it fairly dependable myself.

Which gun are you using? I recommend the 105.

It is less accurate but carries a bigger punch.

What range are your engagements at? I've found that the tank performs best as a mid tier, able to take the second line support role (not sniping) and that the gun works well there

I think he is talking about the Liberte (AMX M4 49;) and not the AMX M4 45 (T7 French heavy).

Baldrickk #13 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31406 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLordMuffin, on 17 January 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

I think he is talking about the Liberte (AMX M4 49;) and not the AMX M4 45 (T7 French heavy).

Well derp. 

In that case he has it easy

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostBulanskovich, on 17 January 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yeah maybe I am giving up too fast, it was just a moment of rage and when one gets andgry there's rarely any clear thinking, I will look at more replays and will try to adjust my playstyle.

Also regarding the clan, it's unfortunately not that active anymore. But if I am not mistaken Frontline or what that mode was called that is strictly tier 8 might come around soon, maybe that will be a breath of fresh air.

Thank you everyone for taking the time and I apologise for ranting.

Yes frontline mode will be coming back next month. The season will be a week every month for 10 months. Also you can play team battles without the clan just find a good team that you can work with. The AMX is quite effective in team battles.

Bulanskovich #15 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20871 battles
  • [RO-SE] RO-SE

I think I am starting to get the hang of this tank. I realise one of my mistakes.

I played the T34 quite a bit and I more or less adopted its playstyle, but problem is overall the T34 turret is more or less impenetrable while the hull should not be relied on. The AMX on the other hand has the weakspot, so the turret in my opinion is worse, but still not that bad. The hull is obviously better than on the T34, but subsceptible to premium ammo or high tier guns.

I need to adapt and learn how to deal with opposition differently. I am starting to get closer and closer to a good damage ratio, plus despite my complaints it has the best armour blocking change statistically for me so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users