• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Humansland #1 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13539 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Hi Guys,

I am looking to improve my gameplay and stats. What can I do in order to do that? Already been doing stream watching, looking up tutorials, checking up on Lemmingsrush, studying tanks gg and having XVM. Any sincere criticism on my stats is welcomed, if you prefer.

I want to give credit to Mr.Scheff's (Hungarian CC) twitch stream and youtube channel. He is one of the greatests.

Humans

Edited by Humansland, 16 January 2019 - 11:55 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40361 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Last thing this game needs is another stat obsessed *edited* .

Just do what you want to do unless, ofc, the adulation of strangers is important to you.

Edited by Jahpero, 17 January 2019 - 11:19 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Humansland #3 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13539 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Last thing this game needs is another stat obsessed *edited* .

Just do what you want to do unless, ofc, the adulation of strangers is important to you.

What can I do? Im a stat-whore :D

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40361 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHumansland, on 16 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

What can I do? Im a stat-whore :D

How much?

15 dorra?

10 dorra?

:D

Humansland #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13539 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 January 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

How much?

15 dorra?

10 dorra?

:D

Dorra? Wtf is that :O

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40361 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHumansland, on 16 January 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Dorra? Wtf is that :O

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 16 January 2019 - 12:41 PM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There are so much stuff in this game that u can improve at, it's overwhelming. You improve your play without even leaving your garage by simply optimizing your crew and equipment on tanks.

But, there is the only one thing that divides skilled players and their prey. The only thing you must do to be good at WoT, is paying attention to your minimap throughout whole battle. That's all.

All the other stuff will come in handy, but without situation awareness one can't do nothing in this game.

GL and HF

Humansland #8 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13539 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 16 January 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

There are so much stuff in this game that u can improve at, it's overwhelming. You improve your play without even leaving your garage by simply optimizing your crew and equipment on tanks.

But, there is the only one thing that divides skilled players and their prey. The only thing you must do to be good at WoT, is paying attention to your minimap throughout whole battle. That's all.

All the other stuff will come in handy, but without situation awareness one can't do nothing in this game.

GL and HF

Should I enlarge the minimap to its full size or leave it as it is? When its enlarged, it covers the names of the opposing team..

Leepants #9 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18827 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostHumansland, on 16 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Should I enlarge the minimap to its full size or leave it as it is? When its enlarged, it covers the names of the opposing team..

Full size, dude. And look at it every 5 seconds. I'm not good at doing this, though. 

Well done for coming on here and asking folk for help as well as looking at videos etc. Perhaps platoon with someone good and see what they do / where they go and ask why so you can learn by their decisions and understand. 

I too need to improve a lot, mainly I'm too impatient and definately get target fixated and don't look at the minimap enough. I think that's the trick - learning what you as an individual aren't doing well so then you can improve it.

Good luck!

Humansland #10 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13539 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostLeepants, on 16 January 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Full size, dude. And look at it every 5 seconds. I'm not good at doing this, though. 

Well done for coming on here and asking folk for help as well as looking at videos etc. Perhaps platoon with someone good and see what they do / where they go and ask why so you can learn by their decisions and understand. 

I too need to improve a lot, mainly I'm too impatient and definately get target fixated and don't look at the minimap enough. I think that's the trick - learning what you as an individual aren't doing well so then you can improve it.

Good luck!

Tried to platoon 3x times so far, I was told I have low stats for it so I gave up :D will see what I can I do about that, though

Leepants #11 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18827 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostHumansland, on 16 January 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

Tried to platoon 3x times so far, I was told I have low stats for it so I gave up :D will see what I can I do about that, though

I was in a game with a KAZNA guy and he played brilliantly (blue player), so after the game I congratulated him. This started a conversation and when he learned taht I'm keen to improve, he offered to platoon later :)

Maybe try that, buddy. It's about getting the right person. Many will say you aren't good enough, but you WILL get at least one willing to help. :)

Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40361 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLeepants, on 16 January 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Good luck!

Very much this^

Frostilicus #13 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22504 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Forumites channel - password "play4fun", some very decent players on there, platoon with them and if you die early, jump into their tank and see how they play :)

Same if you're alone in a random battle, if you have XVM you can see who the good players are on your team (if any), you can always ride along and see how they carry ...

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40361 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFrostilicus, on 16 January 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Forumites channel - password "play4fun", some very decent players on there, platoon with them and if you die early, jump into their tank and see how they play :)

Same if you're alone in a random battle, if you have XVM you can see who the good players are on your team (if any), you can always ride along and see how they carry ...

Also this^

Leepants #15 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18827 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
Agreed. I met a good few folk from forumites who helped me no end.

Oddly enough, I have had 2 Ace Tanker games today, both in tier 6 grinding mediums. And no, wasn't top tier in either. Miracles do happen!

malowany #16 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5876 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
The only way to influence your WR is to either be incredibly bad and go below 49% or be incredibly good and go 50%+, if you are anywhere inbetween you are on the mercy of 100 random factors that determine if the game is lost or won.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #17 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25289 battles
Platoon with me, you'll look like a WoT genius.   :great:

Simeon85 #18 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

1. Congrats on asking for help, most people not doing as well as they think they are come to the forums to complain about something in the game like rigged MM or premium ammo or team mates or whatever rather than reflecting on their own play. Self reflection is the number one tip IMO for improving gameplay, take time between games to think about what you could have done better, ideally watch replays etc.

2. Ignore people like Erwin, his contributions to the forum are often questionable at best as you can see from his first response.

3. Using XVM might be counter intuitive, yes it gives you information about player ability but its not always clear cut, it may make you mis-read the tactical situation or under/over estimate players based on just colours, instead of just making decisions on the situation you are in. I've seen many a player yolo into someone just because their opponent is a tomato and think they will win, but instead end up dying because even tomatoes can make use of advantageous positions and tank advantages.

4. Bigger mini-map is better but setting it to the highest might restrict your field of view a little so set it to a size you feel comfortable with. Also make sure all the extended features are turned on like lost spotted positions.

5. As R33K1_PAWAH said, crew set up and tank set up can play a massive role and due to the limited options in these areas generally for every tank there is a 'right' way most of the time with only a few actual choices, like say vents or optics etc.

6. Don't play for WN8, play for win rate, the WN8 will follow generally if you do stuff that helps win games. Playing for WN8 leads to damage farming which can mean you become very risk adverse and end up not doing enough to win games. 

7. Skill4ltu and Zeven are other good streamers/youtubers to watch who often explain their thinking in games etc. Zeven does like replay reviews on his channel. 

8. Your recent Wn8 seems a lot higher than your recent win rate which to me suggests that you are doing the wrong damage or damage at the wrong times and not having as much game impact. Again reviewing replys would be a good way to see this. 

Humansland #19 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13539 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostSimeon85, on 16 January 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

1. Congrats on asking for help, most people not doing as well as they think they are come to the forums to complain about something in the game like rigged MM or premium ammo or team mates or whatever rather than reflecting on their own play. Self reflection is the number one tip IMO for improving gameplay, take time between games to think about what you could have done better, ideally watch replays etc.

2. Ignore people like Erwin, his contributions to the forum are often questionable at best as you can see from his first response.

3. Using XVM might be counter intuitive, yes it gives you information about player ability but its not always clear cut, it may make you mis-read the tactical situation or under/over estimate players based on just colours, instead of just making decisions on the situation you are in. I've seen many a player yolo into someone just because their opponent is a tomato and think they will win, but instead end up dying because even tomatoes can make use of advantageous positions and tank advantages.

4. Bigger mini-map is better but setting it to the highest might restrict your field of view a little so set it to a size you feel comfortable with. Also make sure all the extended features are turned on like lost spotted positions.

5. As R33K1_PAWAH said, crew set up and tank set up can play a massive role and due to the limited options in these areas generally for every tank there is a 'right' way most of the time with only a few actual choices, like say vents or optics etc.

6. Don't play for WN8, play for win rate, the WN8 will follow generally if you do stuff that helps win games. Playing for WN8 leads to damage farming which can mean you become very risk adverse and end up not doing enough to win games. 

7. Skill4ltu and Zeven are other good streamers/youtubers to watch who often explain their thinking in games etc. Zeven does like replay reviews on his channel. 

8. Your recent Wn8 seems a lot higher than your recent win rate which to me suggests that you are doing the wrong damage or damage at the wrong times and not having as much game impact. Again reviewing replys would be a good way to see this. 

wow, thanks bro for the detailed tips. :great:

antwerp_fighter #20 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41730 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I may have something strange for you to improve your performance:

about "how to rip off the map rotation"

We know that there are mainly 3 kinds of map: 1. open map, 2. dominating city map, 3. hybrid corridor map.

1. open map

the best tank will be: snipers, like Leopard 1 / BC 25t, etc

2. dominating city map

the best tank will be: heavies, like IS-3A or all rounder, like Obj 430u, etc.

3. hybrid corridor map

the best tank will be: all rounder (and few heavies)

So my strategy is:

1st battle, choose a all rounder, and monitor the map type:

if dominating city map, then 2nd battle, choose snipers.

if open map, then 2nd battle, choose heavy or all rounder.

if hybrid corridor map, then 2nd battle, still choose all rounder.

The idea behind it is: after a city map, there is a very low chance to get into another city map again, so is open map, however, after a hybrid corridor map, the next one is random (Schrödinger's cat)

So basically, if you follow this strategy, you can increase your performance in open/city maps better than you do in hybrid map, so choose your tank wisely.

BTW, it will take you several hours to get the feeling of map rotation, sometimes, this strategy may not work, but dont worry, use a all rounder, it will back to normal in next several battles.

Edited by antwerp_fighter, 16 January 2019 - 01:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users