• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Long_Range_Sniper #21 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 34357 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHayton, on 16 January 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Most people are sick of always being part of the 7 and whatever MM system WoT comes up with will pee someone off,so why not just have a little tick box that lets you play in your own tier only?That way players have a choice and a lot of the MM complaining will vanish.I don't mean grand battles,but just ordinary battles.Go on WoT just do it!

Just think about what you've written, and then imagine single tier random games against Defender/IS-3A, T-29, O-I, T67, Progetto, etc etc.

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 16 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Frontline.

Exactly, and look at the vehicles of choice for that game? Don't see many O-Ho's, Tiger 2's or Pershing's chosen by people. 

Single tier games might be an option to help with queue/MM dynamics but they would have to have a radically altered XP earning structure, and to be honest I'm not sure it could be done as you'd still need some form of weighting because some tanks are just very OP in single tier games. It would also kill of many grinds I'm sure for players who like certain vehicles. 

It looks more like a solution looking for a problem, and maybe only a problem for the OP.

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 January 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Where is the challenge in that?

How very "elitist". Surely players should just be allowed enjoy the game and play for fun without having to be challenged. Honestly, the elitist mantra on the forums is just getting worse every day.

View PostThinGun, on 16 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

An alternative would be to stop focusing on WR and worry about WN8 instead - so performance is more highly rated than winning.  That way, you can have a stinkingly good game in a T8 dinging T10s, still lose, but get a positive uplift in your rating.  Basically, a better reward for 'losing well'.

For example ... it would be good to get rewarded for ricochets off higher tiered tanks - you did hit the enemy, but because of the tiered disparity, you did no damage.  Be nice to get a reward for your play.

You do know that winrate is a component of Wn8, albeit a smaller factor?

"Richochets of higher tiered tanks" gets rewarded? - So if you're unspotted, bushcamping in a TD and firing at a Type 5 doing no damage you should get a reward for your "skill"? 

Let me think about that.

Spoiler

Robbie_T #22 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17832 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I dont care about the +2 MM i dont have to be top tier...

But what i do care about is the quality of the grps.

Especially since this new year(maybe lots of new players)+the matches are verry 1 sided.3 min steam rolls

Sucks to be on the losing side..but also winning side is borring as hell go's so fast that if its a open map and you in a slow tank you aint doing much dmg.

Also tanks some times uneven matched up   my team:T32 Is6,IS3,Lowe enemy team:Is3a,Is3a,Defender,Mutant...without looking at xvm you like yeah right...

and if you look at xvm you notice also that my team is dark red and there team is green ,blue purple.....

Or you get good tier 8s and than your top  tier tier 10's are  stunt muffins.....

NUKLEAR_SLUG #23 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHayton, on 16 January 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Most people are sick of always being part of the 7 and whatever MM system WoT comes up with will pee someone off,so why not just have a little tick box that lets you play in your own tier only?That way players have a choice and a lot of the MM complaining will vanish.I don't mean grand battles,but just ordinary battles.Go on WoT just do it!

How about you get your tick box but if you tick it you earn no xp/credits for those battles. Still interested?

LordMuffin #24 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post1ucky, on 16 January 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

You could also play some other game if you don't like WoT the way it is.

Many former WoT players already do.

And quite many have decided to do so since the introduction of the 3-5-7 matchmaker.

09:22 Added after 4 minutes

View PostXOR42, on 16 January 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

A little tick box that lets you play your own tier eh?

1. So X% of players will leave it on permanently. Y% will leave it off permanently and Z% will muck about turning it on and off. MM algorithm just got 2.5 times more complex. waiting time.
  2. What about Pref MM tanks? they allowed or not allowed the tick box?
  3. Tanks like the B2 and valentine II just got their specialness evaporated in one tick box, because every tank in the game can now play top tier all the time.
  4. Tiers where the pool of players is lower will suffer (1-3 and 9-10) in wait times again, although I guess T9 and 10 have no reason to turn it on anyhow.
  5. The 5 or 6 newbies who didnt get the message at tier 1-2 and have the tick box off are going to keep timing out after 5 mins because there are only them in the pool for mixed tiers and the MM is busy building games they are not eligible for.
  6. Guess you don't mind missing out on the epic medals for destroying tank classes above your tier?

Not really saying good or bad, just that there's a lot of other stuff to consider, it's not as simple as you make it seem.

You don't need separate ques. Everyone can be in same queue.

Those with ticked box gets into same MM templates. And 3-5-7 templates are created if there is enough players of each tier with box unticked to create one.

Result: And increase in same tiered battles for everyone.

Also tagged with MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users