Coming back to WoT after more than a year break.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Insane_fps #1 Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8297 battles
Im interested whats the current state of the game, is it as bad as it was when i left more than a year ago, how bad is a situation with pay to win tanks, what about artillery and overall balance of the game, has it improved or its become worse, and if so is it worth playing, im not into playing few games casually every day, im very competitive and can rage and have raged so many times to this game and do you have more bad experiences per game or good?

Wintermute_1 #2 Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46528 battles
Nothings changed dramatically in the last year. If you didnt like it a year ago you wont like it now.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25305 battles

Your brother was in earlier. Saying his goodbyes.  :great:

Only kidding.

Best way is to read the forums, this one in particular, and you can see the current mood of some.

Or just jump back in, get your butt walloped, then come back here and get advice on how to deal with the newly issued impenetrable fortress on tracks.

Maybe check out the test server, and see craziness on a scale you won't believe.

Lorensoth #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19197 battles
WoT is not any better then how it was last year , if not worst. So, if you managed to stay away for a year, i'd reco continue keeping safe distance.

OMG_Abaddon #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10190 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP
Same boat here, I suggest you wait until the pay2win stuff nerf that the are supposed to be testing. So many changes, only took 20% of the player base to acknowledge.

Crashzi #6 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6663 battles
bobject still broken, type still broken and currently low tiers is pretty garbage because WG sold boxes with garbage tanks lef, defender, e25, is3a autoreloader and [edited]skorpion G

Gixxer66 #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostInsane_fps, on 16 January 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Im interested whats the current state of the game, is it as bad as it was when i left more than a year ago, how bad is a situation with pay to win tanks, what about artillery and overall balance of the game, has it improved or its become worse, and if so is it worth playing, im not into playing few games casually every day, im very competitive and can rage and have raged so many times to this game and do you have more bad experiences per game or good?

I came back after 12 months away from the game late November -

MM is still awful if you play a lot of T6 / T8. Arty is still a pain - stun is awful.

T8 Tech Tree tanks have been power crept by Premiums

New maps are meh, Paris, Minsk, new Pilsen, Province, Studwhatever, Empires border could all come out of the rotation for me, along with Ensk

My advice is stick to comfort tanks, avoid T8 unless in a over buffed premium. Pref MM tanks are OK but you will be bottom tier 75% of time. Tier 9 is probably in the best place right now.

But I'm still playing after coming back, some days are better than others, but unless WG sort MM. Arty etc out I'll probably lose interest again and go play something else.

LordMuffin #8 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49210 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostInsane_fps, on 16 January 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

I would say that maps are in general more corridorish with TD spots at each end.

More armour has been added.

More weakspots have been removed.

MM is same as before.

Premium tanks are still the best T8 tanks, maybe slightly better now then 1 year ago.

In general of is also a larger gap between the good and bad tanks of each tier.

Gardar7 #9 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23553 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users