bots

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

babobabko #1 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46188 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

There has been lots of discussion about bots lately, but moderators are locking  threads about????  Why??? Can we have this thread please??  It is interesting topic and soon or later they will be introduced to EU server also... THX

And clip from NA thx to spamhamstar posted on another LOCKED thread...

https://youtu.be/89EvCk0eucY

Edited by Jahpero, 17 January 2019 - 11:54 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red color.

unhappy_bunny #2 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18920 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

OK, start the discussion. No, let me start it for you.

We know there are WG Bots in the NA server, because of the need to fill battles so that remaining humans get a variety of tiers/battles. 

We could assume that EU servers might get them if the number of players falls below a sustainable level, but at the moment there is no real indication, from player numbers each evening, that this fate is imminent. 

My guess is that if it does happen, and the player numbers drops significantly, then either one server gets closed, or bots get introduced on either server, at times where there are insufficiant players to maintain battles, and then removed if numbers pick up.

Would that be a bad thing? Well, I guess, yes for the hardened gamers, but perhaps not for the more casual gamer. I think it would be the end of the game for many and the EU community would be reduced to NA levels, fading away over time. But, by the time it happens, the likelihood is the serious gamers would have left already, having seen the writing on the wall, and WG would most likely try to carry on with a smaller human playerbase until it is no longer financially viable to do so. 

My thoughts on the matter. I am not going to panic just yet. I hope that day is a long way off. 

What do you think OP? After all you started this thread. 

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 16 January 2019 - 08:22 PM.

Discontinued #3 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

I cant wait for bots at least they would provide some entertainment and could well be more reliable than your team mates.

But I'm waiting for the day i get TK'd by a bot

Edited by Discontinued, 16 January 2019 - 08:47 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postbabobabko, on 16 January 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

There has been lots of discussion about bots lately, but moderators are locking  threads about????  Why??? Can we have this thread please??  It is interesting topic and soon or later they will be introduced to EU server also... THX

​Because this is an topic about actual bots. The others, or the one that just got closed are topics about bad players and fall under naming and shaming. Or somone raging at WG for their hidden bots in a tinfoil topic with 34 curse words. It's not complicated to understand why they get closed. This video have appeared a few times. Most of those topics are still there. But some got locked for the disussion that followed that went out of hand. Not the inital post. 

And NA & the Australian server have those bots, as in the late to early hours they have 2-4 people waiting for a tier 4 game. Bascially not enough to start anything. So they got this to fill the gap. Kinda like WOWP did. Will they appear on EU? Well I doubt anytime soon. As we are not on NA levels in terms of population yet. Even tho at 4 AM it's kinda difficult to get a full game on tier 3 and down. But enough for a 7 vs 7 etc. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 January 2019 - 08:55 PM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbabobabko, on 16 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you want to discuss since you didn't bother to give your thoughts.

Yes there are bots to be used when server populations are low.  Same as there are on WoWP.  Seems a good idea to me and they should be put on the EU server in low tiers so they can enable newbie protection again for what it's worth.

I suspect you don't quite understand the server population issue on the NA server though.  At low periods on the EU server we might drop to about six thousand.  I randomly checked the NA server the other week and they had just over two hundred.  If all of those were in battle it's not even one battle per tier.

Edited by Homer_J, 16 January 2019 - 09:12 PM.

qpranger #6 Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34892 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Have you noticed that bots never play arty?

It is because that class requires supreme human skills.

Erwin_Von_Braun #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqpranger, on 16 January 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Have you noticed that bots never play arty?

It is because that class requires supreme human skills.

Pure Hamster logic.

Love it :harp:

PowJay #8 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37102 battles

I can't take part in this discussion because I'm not a bot. My recent stats have suggested otherwise, though. :hiding:

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18920 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostPowJay, on 16 January 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

I can't take part in this discussion because I'm not a bot. My recent stats have suggested otherwise, though. :hiding:

This discussion is open to all, bots or not. There is no discrimination here.

qpranger #10 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34892 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 16 January 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

This discussion is open to all, bots or not. There is no discrimination here.

#botlivesmatter

Jigabachi #11 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There has been lots of discussion about bots lately, but moderators are locking  threads about????  Why??? 

Because most of them are completely pointless, including this one.

You started a thread about bots but didn't bother to start a discussion. So what exactly do you want? So far, we know that this is supposed to be a thread about bots. That's it.

Yes, there are bots. No, only a fraction of the accusations show a bot, because every bob uses that term without knowing what it means. 

Done?

Edited by Jigabachi, 17 January 2019 - 12:43 AM.

Dorander #12 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:34 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

It is interesting topic and soon or later they will be introduced to EU server also... 

No, it isn't, and this sentence is why. It's meaningless speculation used only to validate people's prejudices about Wargaming. This is how a typical thread about bots goes:

Random poster: "There are verified bots in the game!"

Rest of forum: "So?"

Random poster: "I've been saying all along this game is full of bots!"

Random poster: "It's evidence!"

Rest of forum: "No it isn't. Evidence of a feature introduced to the North American server to compensate for a server that has never had a long-term viable population is no evidence of any such occurrence on the European server, especially not in past instances where people claim they've seen bots."

Random poster: "IT'S EVIDENCE! This game is full of bots! If they lied about this who else knows what they lied about! This game is dying! This game is dead! This game is rigged! Wargaming is Russian evil!"

and the thread basically derails exponentially from there and the cause is always the same: an occurrence taken out of its proper context is misapplied so it can serve as evidence in order to prove the theory that was already assumed to be true, all in the interest of wanting to be a prophet. It is as predictable as it is boring.

babobabko #13 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46188 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Just to be clear- this is discussion about AI bots- lets put bad human players a side  for a moment, please!!! 

So in that replay thing that most shocked me was that moment in cap where bot destroys fence and then quickly pulls back, just for diversion. And that human shoots exactly behind that fence and looses match!!!!

Coincidence or cunning play???

View PostDorander, on 17 January 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

No, it isn't, and this sentence is why. It's meaningless speculation used only to validate people's prejudices about Wargaming. This is how a typical thread about bots goes:

Random poster: "There are verified bots in the game!"

Random poster: "I've been saying all along this game is full of bots!"

Random poster: "It's evidence!"

Rest of forum: "No it isn't. Evidence of a feature introduced to the North American server to compensate for a server that has never had a long-term viable population is no evidence of any such occurrence on the European server, especially not in past instances where people claim they've seen bots."

Random poster: "IT'S EVIDENCE! This game is full of bots! If they lied about this who else knows what they lied about! This game is dying! This game is dead! This game is rigged! Wargaming is Russian evil!"

and the thread basically derails exponentially from there and the cause is always the same: an occurrence taken out of its proper context is misapplied so it can serve as evidence in order to prove the theory that was already assumed to be true, all in the interest of wanting to be a prophet. It is as predictable as it is boring.

There is no official bots yet in game, but there is few bot programs by enthusiasts -some drive around, some move just turret, but what is common to them is they are not capable to do any damage. Ill go on such program and upload replay soon as i meet one in battle.

View PostJigabachi, on 17 January 2019 - 12:42 AM, said:

Because most of them are completely pointless, including this one.

You started a thread about bots but didn't bother to start a discussion. So what exactly do you want? So far, we know that this is supposed to be a thread about bots. That's it.

Yes, there are bots. No, only a fraction of the accusations show a bot, because every bob uses that term without knowing what it means. 

Done?

That replay was meant  as start of discussion!!!

View PostPowJay, on 16 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

Please lets be fair and stick to AI bots here!!

SABAOTH #14 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

A few US friends who played WoT mentioned people totally hate how arty works.

Tendency in US is to move to next product is one is faulty and not showing any acknowledgment and plan to fix by the producer, that's possibly the reason why they need bots.

In the other countries players are bleeding out at a slower rate, we might have more tolerance towards being balanced by arty with fair balance mechanics but we are slowly catching up. :girl:

However we got great thread here like the big SPG thread that are totally fantastic and useful so they can lock any SPG thread appearing in the forums and merge in this one with quality content.

I am sure future bots will love to post in that thread too. :coin:

jabster #15 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12618 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postbabobabko, on 17 January 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

Just to be clear- this is discussion about AI bots- lets put bad human players a side  for a moment, please!!! 

So in that replay thing that most shocked me was that moment in cap where bot destroys fence and then quickly pulls back, just for diversion. And that human shoots exactly behind that fence and looses match!!!!

There is no official bots yet in game, but there is few bot programs by enthusiasts -some drive around, some move just turret, but what is common to them is they are not capable to do any damage. Ill go on such program and upload replay soon as i meet one in battle.

So if you want a discussion then put forward your views on AI bots, either WG or player ones.

Slyspy #16 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14270 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

https://youtu.be/89EvCk0eucY

Perhaps you'd like to provide your own input, just to get the discussion going, rather than just promote a youtube channel?

Edited by Jahpero, 17 January 2019 - 11:54 AM.

spamhamstar #17 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

Thanks should go to Claus not me.

I can't remember the last time this game made me laugh so hard.  Weird that Claus's "best game of 2018" was all about bots.  Imagine the viewing figures if they just made esports bots vs bots with this type of play!  I'd watch it anyway :)

Personally, I have no issue if they need to use bots to keep up player numbers.  Even at WoTs peak it was difficult to get into 15 vs 15 low tier battles late at night with the mm often making 7 vs 7 instead after a lengthy wait.  7 vs 7 might work at higher tiers, but at low tiers the maps just seemed empty a lot of the time & go the wrong way at the start & you'd already have won or lost by the time you caught up with the action.

Going by the performance in the replay the official WG bots seem to be better than any of the mod bots we currently see from time to time on EU & also better than a significant amount of the player base, unless it was just coincidence.  How often have we all watched a genuine player throw a game by being stupid?  Not so for WoT BoTs tm

Jigabachi #18 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbabobabko, on 17 January 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

As you can easily see, that's not how a discussion works.

Block Quote

Ok.

The American server has AI bots.

Done?

Edited by Jigabachi, 17 January 2019 - 11:06 AM.

kubawt112 #19 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
The real question is how these bots perform. I believe Wargaming stated that they're supposed to be like 48%-players? :D

PowJay #20 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37102 battles

Someone seriously needs a sense of humour transplant here. I can't believe that you even bothered to quote my post! :facepalm:

Also tagged with bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users