Need help on playing BC25t and overall

Help BC25t Medium Autoloader

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

aculater58 #1 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7161 battles

I am seriously struggling with this specific tank, since it is completely different playstyle wise compared to the batchat 12t. In the batchat 12t, I was able to use bushes to passive spot and had the agility to quickly maneuver and dodge shells. I can't exactly do that in this tank, and not only that, but the reload is EXTREMELY long, something like 45 seconds. This makes every shot extremely important, since if I miss 6 times and do no damage, I am therefore useless for the next minute.

On top of this, recently I have been playing relatively terribly and noticed my winrate drop of about 0.4%, which has been worrying me. Granted, I have started a few different tank playstyles, but nonetheless, this drop has made me realise I need to learn more about different playstyles instead of just the autoloading light tanks I usually use, as well as a hard hitting heavy tank (IS).

Nonetheless, back to the primary problem, I am seriously struggling with this tank. I have noticed that even in bushes, I can still be spotted through them even at ranges longer than the proximity spotting system. This was the first time I knew this was possible, since I thought maybe my tank had poked out a little, but I realised it was impossible. Also, with most tanks dealing 500 ish damage, I can't really afford to trade hitpoints, and flanking opportunities are few and far between, meaning I may not be able to fire without taking fire back.

In conclusion, I am stuck at a 46% winrate, in an albeit rather small sample size of about 50 matches, but still. Do I really play that badly in this tank? I don't usually know where I am going wrong. If anyone could leave any advice on playing autoloading mediums specifically, I would be incredibly grateful for the advice. Thank you :)

captainpigg #2 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32239 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
BC25t or BC25ap?

SiliconSidewinder #3 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28093 battles

bushes just give you a bonus to your camo rating, some only a minor bonus at that.

aculater58 #4 Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7161 battles
Sorry, I should have clarified. It was the batchat 25t ap that I was struggling with

captainpigg #5 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32239 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View Postaculater58, on 17 January 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. It was the batchat 25t ap that I was struggling with

Yeah it was a shock to me too how bad the camo was compared to Amx 13-90, even with a full girl crew. The main difference is that you lose the light tank camo on the move bonus, it just takes time to adjust to it. Good tank once you get used to its playstyle.

Please tell us your crew skills plus equipment loadout, so we can see if we can help you out further.

marlboro80 #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23861 battles
  • [DIE-T] DIE-T
Your role changed. You are a damage dealer now with spotting ability befire you where a spotter with dmg abilitys. passiv spotting won't win you games anymore. Whereever possible flank enemys unload your mag and disapear again or while they are reloading peak and shot. The 1800 clip can do alot of damage but remeber you need atleast ~13 seconds to fire them all, sometimes better to stop after 2-4 shells and get back into cover. Safe your hp, the longer you live the more hp you have the more dangerous you are in the lategame. Autoloaders in lategames can be a nightmare for the enemy.

Edited by marlboro80, 18 January 2019 - 12:23 PM.

aculater58 #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7161 battles
I find it annoying however since I find that at tier 9 or 8, I have somewhat less ability to support my team in terms of at points when the team seems to be decidedly losing, and I can't seem to affect the game as much since everything seems to be able to snapshot even whilst on the move where as tiers 5 to 8 never really had that ability. I guess I'm still adjusting since less than 500 of my battles have been in tier 8 and above. Thanks anyway though and any tips on how I could affect the outcome of the battle would be appreciated.

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 52019 battles

I am finding it a tough tank Im doing better now than I was at the start but still 45% with it after 120 battles.

Probably because I have been trying to play it as a light tank.

Now I'm using it as a support medium and that works a little better.

Problem for me is I'm a Light tanker at heart and a very poor medium player.

MM doesn't help of course.

RaxipIx #9 Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32469 battles
  • [LQL] LQL

Tank is an  assassin, rule number one, try to survive as long as possible, the tank gets really valuable if you have enough HP in the endgame to push single tanks, even while they have a lot of hp, you can pretty much solo kill anything if they are alone.

Rule number 2,  it's better to do 2-3 shots of the clip and don't take damage, ie go back to cover, then trying to unload a full clip and take a massive hit for it.

Very mobile tank, so if you think a flank is collapsing, just run away, fall back to an ambushing position, or try to help win the other flank.

BC is also a good spotter, you can steal some early assist damage on some of the maps, but it depends on the lineup, if there are 2-3-4 LT's per team don't bother with the spotting and try to do damage.

BR33K1_PAWAH #10 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postaculater58, on 17 January 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

I am seriously struggling with this specific tank, since it is completely different playstyle wise compared to the batchat 12t. In the batchat 12t,

Raxi explained it pretty damn good:

View PostRaxipIx, on 19 January 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Tank is an  assassin, rule number one, try to survive as long as possible, the tank gets really valuable if you have enough HP in the endgame to push single tanks, even while they have a lot of hp, you can pretty much solo kill anything if they are alone.

Rule number 2,  it's better to do 2-3 shots of the clip and don't take damage, ie go back to cover, then trying to unload a full clip and take a massive hit for it.

Very mobile tank, so if you think a flank is collapsing, just run away, fall back to an ambushing position, or try to help win the other flank.

BC is also a good spotter, you can steal some early assist damage on some of the maps, but it depends on the lineup, if there are 2-3-4 LT's per team don't bother with the spotting and try to do damage.

Besides that, use your reloading downtime to relocate - you have much better odds at catching you prey at the flank where you are not expected. Do your job on one flank, wait to unspot and then relocate while looking for your next victim on the minimap.

Try to not get spotted until the moment you going in, don't spook your prey.

Conserve your HP, use teammates to soak up damage.

Bcs of how much damage you can deal in 1v1 engagements you can safely take many good isolated positions, like hills on Mines and Tundra, courtyard on Abbey or K0 on Westfield. Best chances are your opponents will be scared to contest those positions.

Also, a question: what is your equipment and crew skills on 25t?

RockyRoller #11 Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35064 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

the mm makes light tanks of the lower tiers mostly pointless as passive spotters until you over skill the crew and over equip them using bonds. At best they can get the odd solo kill when the game is half over and if they can sneak up to a solo tank that's been damaged so you can finish it off.

the 25t is a  large hoop to unlook three other tanks

Also tagged with Help, BC25t, Medium, Autoloader

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users