Jump to content


Dark future for premiums?


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Animalul2012 #1 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 36326 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    10-19-2013

Recently in world of warships the developers thought it is a good idea to nerf a released premium ship. more precisely named stalingrad and kronstadt. they nerfed them directly after being released into the live servers! dont forget these ships are soviet. and people have used money to earn steel via buying campaing and converting free xp

Now! does this mean all OP tanks like defender, is-3a, skorpion, su130m, e25, pz2j, obj 432 and other new premium tanks that have powercreeped the old ones will get nerfed into the future? 

If they did forgot what happened when they nerfed type 59 and super pershing then probably. 



Balc0ra #2 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72692 battles
  • 20,637
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Correct me if I'm wrong... But those are not bought premiums. But reward premiums, for sale with in-game goods. Not real money. So like the special premiums here like the T28 HTC etc. They can be nerfed and buffed like normal tanks. As the tanks for bonds here will be too. 

Animalul2012 #3 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 36326 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    10-19-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 January 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... But those are not bought premiums. But reward premiums, for sale with in-game goods. Not real money. So like the special premiums here like the T28 HTC etc. They can be nerfed and buffed like normal tanks. As the tanks for bonds here will be too. 

 

you can get them by speeding money! and obj 907 is a reward vehicle here as well and it is quite OP! so why dont they nerf it? because they actually respect people who put hard work to get that vehicle,

qpranger #4 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38878 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
I hope WG nerf CDC, way too OP now.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72692 battles
  • 20,637
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostAnimalul2012, on 17 January 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

 

you can get them by speeding money! 

 

It's a tier X. And like the French tier 9 "special ship" they sold briefly, like the ships you can buy with free XP at tier 9 or X by spending real money converting it. It's not a real premium, and it's marked as such. As it is with WOT too. Any "premiums" above tier 8 is not protected from it. Be they mission rewards, CW rewards or bond bought tanks later like the 155 or 183. If they desicide to nerf the T-55A later. They will, and can. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 17 January 2019 - 08:21 PM.


SABAOTH #6 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40172 battles
  • 3,494
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

If they ever do it again, it will be the time that they will enjoy paying the bills for the server with only free 2 play playerbase.

 

Profit.



seXikanac #7 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13362 battles
  • 1,131
  • [-YU-] -YU-
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012

View PostAnimalul2012, on 17 January 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Recently in world of warships the developers thought it is a good idea to nerf a released premium ship. more precisely named stalingrad and kronstadt. they nerfed them directly after being released into the live servers! dont forget these ships are soviet. and people have used money to earn steel via buying campaing and converting free xp

Now! does this mean all OP tanks like defender, is-3a, skorpion, su130m, e25, pz2j, obj 432 and other new premium tanks that have powercreeped the old ones will get nerfed into the future? 

If they did forgot what happened when they nerfed type 59 and super pershing then probably. 

 

Defender is not OP at all http://forum.worldof...nder-is-not-op/

Pretty sure same goes for Skorpion G. Just a good gun and nothing else special on that TD.
Only really OP tank on your list is E-25

 

Regarding your nerfing spam, in 8 years, WG never nerfed premium tanks. So Im pretty sure they will not start now



Xandania #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42777 battles
  • 1,679
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View Postqpranger, on 17 January 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

I hope WG nerf CDC, way too OP now.

 

I feel you - way to fast and sneaky for a med. I think to balance it we have to move it over to the sovjet tech tree ;)

__SLICK__ #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5306 battles
  • 328
  • Member since:
    03-04-2017

View PostXandania, on 18 January 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

 

I feel you - way to fast and sneaky for a med. I think to balance it we have to move it over to the sovjet tech tree ;)

 

Imagine if all WG did was half it's size it would be actually playable.

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:15 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23588 battles
  • 7,233
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postqpranger, on 17 January 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

I hope WG nerf CDC, way too OP now.

 

Yeah the armor is bad, it's like a tier 8 Obj279.
07:16 Added after 1 minute

View Post__SLICK__, on 18 January 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

 

Imagine if all WG did was half it's size it would be actually playable.

 

Nah, WG just needs to fix the hidden stats, and increase DPM.



Hedgehog1963 #11 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 54361 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostAnimalul2012, on 17 January 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

 

you can get them by speeding money! and obj 907 is a reward vehicle here as well and it is quite OP! so why dont they nerf it? because they actually respect people who put hard work to get that vehicle,

 

Nope.  This are reward ships earned in-game and in the case of Kronstahdt it costs 1 silver credit to buy once you have enough of the other resource (which I recall as being Free XP).

Gardar7 #12 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23926 battles
  • 2,117
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postqpranger, on 17 January 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

I hope WG nerf CDC, way too OP now.

 

Nah, If they start to nerf prems then they need to start it with Panther 8.8 or STA-2.

Geno1isme #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48083 battles
  • 10,223
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
WoT and WoWs are made by completely different teams, just like WoT PC and WoT console or WoT Blitz are independent of each other. Changes in one product doesn't automatically imply those will be applied elsewhere. Also WoT is highly dominated by russian playerbase, WoWs is a lot more influenced by western audiences (sovjet ships were added when, two years after release?)

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54060 battles
  • 4,018
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostseXikanac, on 17 January 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

 

Regarding your nerfing spam, in 8 years, WG never nerfed premium tanks. So Im pretty sure they will not start now

 

Acutally that is incorrect.

WG nerfed the orginal T26E4 SuperPershing. But because WG are well aware of EU consumer rights legislation covering pixel goods, they re-imbursed real money to all the original T26E4 owners.

WG have never since nerfed a premium tank that was directly sold for cold hard cash, and are unlikely to do so given how much the T26E4 exercise cost them in time and money.



LordMuffin #15 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,297
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostAnimalul2012, on 17 January 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Recently in world of warships the developers thought it is a good idea to nerf a released premium ship. more precisely named stalingrad and kronstadt. they nerfed them directly after being released into the live servers! dont forget these ships are soviet. and people have used money to earn steel via buying campaing and converting free xp

Now! does this mean all OP tanks like defender, is-3a, skorpion, su130m, e25, pz2j, obj 432 and other new premium tanks that have powercreeped the old ones will get nerfed into the future? 

If they did forgot what happened when they nerfed type 59 and super pershing then probably. 

I would be very happy if WG decided to nerf the premium tanks you mentioned.



nakkipeppu #16 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33349 battles
  • 360
  • [LGGF] LGGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 18 January 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

 

Acutally that is incorrect.

WG nerfed the orginal T26E4 SuperPershing. But because WG are well aware of EU consumer rights legislation covering pixel goods, they re-imbursed real money to all the original T26E4 owners.

WG have never since nerfed a premium tank that was directly sold for cold hard cash, and are unlikely to do so given how much the T26E4 exercise cost them in time and money.

 

Correction, they reimbursed owners with gold. I wouldn't expect a cash reimbursement ever, it's a huge pain to deal with. Compensation in gold is always on the table though, since they can just create it on accounts with a script without it influencing the cash management.

 

As a advice to people looking for compensation in actual money - let it go, you're not going to get it ; it's really expensive in abovementioned time and money to provide it. Settle for proper compensation in in-game currencies or items ; that you can get, and who knows, more of it for sake of goodwill and keeping customers happy.



DeadLecter #17 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32179 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View PostAnimalul2012, on 17 January 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

 

you can get them by speeding money! and obj 907 is a reward vehicle here as well and it is quite OP! so why dont they nerf it? because they actually respect people who put hard work to get that vehicle,

 

So why aren't other reward tanks OP? 121B, and the other ones. 907 is the only one that is OP. And it is not because they respect you. In fact WG doesn't respect anyone but money. If you believe WG actually respects 907 owners then you are more naive than I could have ever imagined. And honestly 907 is not that OP anymore with all the super armors that we have 907 should be considered the new standard.

Nishi_Kinuyo #18 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9018 battles
  • 6,231
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostAnimalul2012, on 17 January 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 January 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... But those are not bought premiums. But reward premiums, for sale with in-game goods. Not real money. So like the special premiums here like the T28 HTC etc. They can be nerfed and buffed like normal tanks. As the tanks for bonds here will be too. 

 

you can get them by speeding money! and obj 907 is a reward vehicle here as well and it is quite OP! so why dont they nerf it? because they actually respect people who put hard work to get that vehicle,

Reward ships, and its a global change to their class (large cruiser/battle cruiser), not those ships in particular.

The upcoming Alaska and Azuma are also affected.

 

And imo, I wouldn't mind if OP premiums would get nerfed.



NoobySkooby #19 Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16962 battles
  • 4,933
  • [D3NK] D3NK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 January 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... But those are not bought premiums. But reward premiums, for sale with in-game goods. Not real money. So like the special premiums here like the T28 HTC etc. They can be nerfed and buffed like normal tanks. As the tanks for bonds here will be too. 

 

Three tier 9 ships were in the loot boxes, a gamble maybe but definitely bought with money, I was after the mighty Mo myself but had to stop before I bankrupted myself, weird how this game is way more stressful the warships though.

TheJumpMaster #20 Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 50328 battles
  • 5,222
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostXandania, on 18 January 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:

 

I feel you - way to fast and sneaky for a med. I think to balance it we have to move it over to the sovjet tech tree ;)

 

If they move it to the Soviet tech tree, they will have to add a 155 mm auto loading cannon to it. Not to mention, an armour buff.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users