Maps, Battle tier and vehicle tiers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Nyypsy #1 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2536 battles

Hi!

I was having issues with learning new maps in WoT, I tried googling around and found this thread on console forums:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/212948-maps-and-battle-tier-list/

It explained about what maps are in which battle tier pool and also had a resource of what vehicle tier fits in which battle tier.

I combined this data and although I'm not sure if PC version has the same spread, I did some light analyzing of this data (I'm in no way a professional at this, as you can see... :-P).

Results seem to confirm my overwhelming experience with new maps at lower tiers.

I'd suggest balancing adding new maps so each vehicle tier would get +6 new maps after T2.

Also balancing map removal might be an option.

It would be easier to balance maps suited only to high tiers since you could only enable a map on high tier play while also removing the ones only suited for low tier play.

Most notably, in tier 3-5 tanks you get introduced to 40 new maps.

Pretty much 80% of the maps get introduced in just 3 quickly opened tank tiers. And rest of them were introduced in T1-2.

Not only you get no new map experiences after T5, but you also make it so that the same maps have to work all the way from T1-5 to T10...

And you'd have to learn 50 maps in few days worth of grinding, this seems like a massive hurdle in a game that prioritizes map knowledge.

Maps per battle tier now:

Maps per battle tier now

Maps per battle tier suggested:

Maps per Vehicle tier now:

Maps per Vehicle tier now

Maps per Vehicle tier suggested:

Edited by Nyypsy, 17 January 2019 - 10:36 PM.

ogremage #2 Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35064 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Let the developers focus on fixing things which are a problem instead of things which aren't.

BR33K1_PAWAH #3 Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
We already have 42 maps? Daaamn.

tank276 #4 Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53836 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 26 January 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

We already have 42 maps? Daaamn.

I have to admit ,the rotation though improved at recent patches, makes you feel there are far less overall.

MeNoobTank #5 Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16499 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
They should limit Mines, Abbey, Ensk for tiers 1-6. Overlord should be again limited from tier 6 to 10.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNyypsy, on 17 January 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

I combined this data and although I'm not sure if PC version has the same spread, I did some light analyzing of this data (I'm in no way a professional at this, as you can see... :-P).

I doubt it. MM rules are even different on Console. That and they have more maps, more variants of each maps "winter, night, storm etc". And more maps on mid to low tiers. Even maps we had removed years ago.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostMeNoobTank, on 27 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

They should limit Mines, Abbey, Ensk for tiers 1-6. Overlord should be again limited from tier 6 to 10.

The first part i understand but what's your reasoning behind limiting Overlord from tier 6 to 10? For all i care i wish they remove it altogether, it's really badly designed and one of the maps which punishes any active game play.

BR33K1_PAWAH #8 Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

it's really badly designed and one of the maps which punishes any active game play.

One word - Airfield.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 27 January 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

One word - Airfield.

Same crap, visualize both structures in your head and you'll find a lot of similarities.

Edit: Airfield could be made better by opening a 3rd area of attack/flanking along the A, B and C lines. It's simpler to fix though compared to Overlord because if you make every ridge line in Overlord usable with 8, 9 and 10 degrees of gun depression you'll end up with Aberdeen proving ground where every tank is hull down and can't be dislodged.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 27 January 2019 - 04:42 PM.

Bordhaw #10 Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostNyypsy, on 17 January 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Hi!

I was having issues with learning new maps in WoT, I tried googling around and found this thread on console forums:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/212948-maps-and-battle-tier-list/

It explained about what maps are in which battle tier pool and also had a resource of what vehicle tier fits in which battle tier.

Results seem to confirm my overwhelming experience with new maps at lower tiers.

I'd suggest balancing adding new maps so each vehicle tier would get +6 new maps after T2.

Also balancing map removal might be an option.

It would be easier to balance maps suited only to high tiers since you could only enable a map on high tier play while also removing the ones only suited for low tier play.

Most notably, in tier 3-5 tanks you get introduced to 40 new maps.

Pretty much 80% of the maps get introduced in just 3 quickly opened tank tiers. And rest of them were introduced in T1-2.

Not only you get no new map experiences after T5, but you also make it so that the same maps have to work all the way from T1-5 to T10...

And you'd have to learn 50 maps in few days worth of grinding, this seems like a massive hurdle in a game that prioritizes map knowledge.

Maps per battle tier now:

Maps per battle tier now

Maps per Vehicle tier now:

Maps per Vehicle tier now

Maps per Vehicle tier suggested:

MeNoobTank #11 Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16499 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 January 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

The first part i understand but what's your reasoning behind limiting Overlord from tier 6 to 10? For all i care i wish they remove it altogether, it's really badly designed and one of the maps which punishes any active game play.

You just told yourself the reason for that. WG won't just remove it. But limiting it for the high tiers will atleast be better than now. Did you even played Overlord on tier 4 - 5 - 6 ? it is a total mess. Limiting it from newbs is the best bet for now. I know that even in higher tiers is bad played but atleast there are more experienced players. In lower tiers 20% of the team camp in base the other 80% run on beach.

Edited by MeNoobTank, 27 January 2019 - 04:55 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostMeNoobTank, on 27 January 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

You just told yourself the reason for that. WG won't just remove it. But limiting it for the high tiers will atleast be better than now. Did you even played Overlord on tier 4 - 5 - 6 ? it is a total mess. Limiting it from newbs is the best bet for now. I know that even in higher tiers is bad played but atleast there are more experienced players. In lower tiers 20% of the team camp in base the other 80% run on beach.

Higher tiers are more sensitive to map design, yes that's for sure but how can a bad design mitigated by being a part of a more sensitive game play?

MeNoobTank #13 Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16499 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 January 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Higher tiers are more sensitive to map design, yes that's for sure but how can a bad design mitigated by being a part of a more sensitive game play?

The design is bad and combined with no game/map/tactics awareness = total disaster. Also I would like some maps to be higher tier only. In this way it feels more like a game progress you do by advancing in tiers. Also, usually lower tier tanks are slow with bad terrain ressistence. They are the most enjoyable on little city maps. The more bigger open maps are better for higher tiers.

This is how I feel it should be, I agree with OP that some maps should be for restricted tiers. Right now Province and Widepark are limited for lower tiers only, so if you want to play those maps you need to go down tier, same should be with higher tiers, you want to play other maps you go up tier. It is like that for Grand Battle mode but not everyone like it and it is only limited for tier 10 which also not everyone likes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users