• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Homer_J #41 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30883 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 January 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Question, since we're on the crew topic. Is there any way to know which crew have the BIA as standard? It's not a major problem at the moment but nice to know for the future. I acquired that SU TD marathon tank and it came with a male BIA crew. I moved the commander to another tank and also changed his role since I wanted to use my decent TD commander from another tank with 6th sense etc but now I don't know where that original BIA crew man is so... any way to know this and any way to keep track of male BIA crew? 

You hover over the BIA icon and it says "cannot be reset".

There is no way without checking each one individually though.  I'm like you, the BiA crew I got with tanks have been spread far and wide filling in wherever I needed an extra.

Cataphractarii #42 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33782 battles
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C

View Posteekeeboo, on 18 January 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Partly because specials can be for everyone or they can be for some people. Many people have complained they have so much gold they're tempted to start gold plating their tanks. This is a special that allows people to spend all their gold on something most people like and want. 

I have never met anyone in game that complained they had too much gold, nor needed an excuse to spend more by penalising other players who prefer to keep their wallets shut.

I didn't notice this comment initially, but now I have, I am annoyed that we could be considered so dumb as to believe that particular piece of wisdom.

TheArk_2014 #43 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64365 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

View Postqpranger, on 19 January 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Not nice, I hate it.

Why do you hate it?

Did you try it with Personal reserves?

Well, I did a try ... My AMX Cda 105 crew was at 99% of the 6th skill, the amount of the needed XP to complete the skill was about 220 k for each member.

How much time, do you think that I did to collect this amount of XP? ... 3 days?, 5 days?, one week?

... well, no, not that long ... It took me 2 and a half hours with the use of Personal Reserves ...

... about 10-20 k XP per victory, per crew member, plus a great amount of XP for one of the 4 crew members ...

That is why these weekends are made for, for Crew TURBO Training.

Edited by TheArk_2014, 21 January 2019 - 01:42 PM.

qpranger #44 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35442 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
OK, I don't hate it anymore.

eekeeboo #45 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View PostCataphractarii, on 19 January 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

I have never met anyone in game that complained they had too much gold, nor needed an excuse to spend more by penalising other players who prefer to keep their wallets shut.

I didn't notice this comment initially, but now I have, I am annoyed that we could be considered so dumb as to believe that particular piece of wisdom.

You should spend more time reading the forums and you'd see how many people say they currently have too much gold and want to spend it. This isn't penalising anyone, penalising is removing something you once had. This is giving something extra to some players and not others. 

There is a HUGE difference in the mind-set and the approach. 

fighting_falcon93 #46 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

This isn't penalising anyone, penalising is removing something you once had.

Ehrm... Earlier we had crew training/reset discounts for the credits alternative, then one day you just removed it without any explanation. How is that not "removing something you once had"?

eekeeboo #47 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View PostDenton_0451, on 19 January 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

So you're saying that WG EU removed the discounts from crew retraining for credits, because players were complaining that they have too much gold and they don't know what to spend it on?

Nope that's not what I said, I explained a reason why a special for only gold is there after the recent regular feedback from some saying they have too much gold. 

View PostKaltroh, on 19 January 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Why are you so angry?

I'm not angry, I'm to the point and blunt, answering as many questions as possible in as short amount of time as possible, even if it involves repeating the answers because people don't want to read the previous answer or choose not to read at all. 

View PostCataphractarii, on 19 January 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

Oh, & why do we have to pay for change of face since WG did not provide enough varieties/did not make duplication impossible?

Maybe that could be rectified soon?

It's a vanity item that people can do if they please but is not essential or core to the game play that can give you an advantage. 
12:58 Added after 1 minute

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 21 January 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Ehrm... Earlier we had crew training/reset discounts for the credits alternative, then one day you just removed it without any explanation. How is that not "removing something you once had"?

Because this special isn't penalising people. It's an extra discount. The previous system was there as a bonus.  A penalty is if you were no longer to retrain for credits at all. Not - no longer giving a bonus all the time that you once had. 

kaneloon #48 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29627 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

Because credits is no longer a problem for players with some experience of the game.

Gold is still real money for most of us.

fighting_falcon93 #49 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Because this special isn't penalising people. It's an extra discount. The previous system was there as a bonus.  A penalty is if you were no longer to retrain for credits at all. Not - no longer giving a bonus all the time that you once had. 

That still doesn't answer the question why you removed the credits discount?

eekeeboo #50 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 21 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

That still doesn't answer the question why you removed the credits discount?

Yes, it did, because the credit discount wasn't permanent, it isn't meant to be there 100% of the time every time. It's a special occasional instance only used occasionally, that's why these are special events and discounts. If it was there all the time it wouldn't be a discount or a special. This is not the first time I am having to reiterate these things. 

fighting_falcon93 #51 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Yes, it did, because the credit discount wasn't permanent, it isn't meant to be there 100% of the time every time. It's a special occasional instance only used occasionally, that's why these are special events and discounts. If it was there all the time it wouldn't be a discount or a special. This is not the first time I am having to reiterate these things.  

Seriusly? Are you for real? Not long ago, you denied that it was possible to farm gold in clan wars campaigns, and now you're denying that each time we had crew training/reset events in the past the discounts also affected the credits cost and not only the gold cost. Is this the new WG style to treat their players as idiots? You know I've played this game for 6 years now, I know perfectly fine what kind of events we had 2-3-4 years ago. Why putting effort into manufacturing a silly excuse instead of giving me an honest answer?

What you just explained makes no sense at all. 2-3 years ago, when we had a crew special with discounts on training/reset, it always included the discount for both credits and gold. Every single time. I know, because I used to wait for these specials in order to fix all crew stuff. Then suddenly one day, WG only discounted the gold cost and not the credits option. I have to say it's a hell of a coincidence if this kind of sudden abrupt stop is the result of variation.

So can I get an honest answer to my question or will you give me another middle finger?

sasa_milic #52 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 59875 battles

View PostCpt_Hind_sight, on 19 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

MM can not do anything against bad decision and there is a lot of those here.

True, but problem is that because of bad MM you don't have any chance to influence battle result. If MM decide to put 5 bots in your team and 5 good players (all at the top) in enemy team, you are going to loose no matter how good you are.

If you are good player in tier 6 tank against bad player in defender, what do you think who is going to win? You don't have chance in HT VI vs Defender ...

I made 2200 dmg in tier 5 crusader in a tier 7 battle, but we still lost. Can't bring victory if WG/MM/RNg decides that you need to loose.

Crew is not important... RNG & MM (and I'm 100% sure that they are related to money spent on the game) are gods here.

eekeeboo #53 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 21 January 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Seriusly? Are you for real? Not long ago, you denied that it was possible to farm gold in clan wars campaigns, and now you're denying that each time we had crew training/reset events in the past the discounts also affected the credits cost and not only the gold cost. Is this the new WG style to treat their players as idiots? You know I've played this game for 6 years now, I know perfectly fine what kind of events we had 2-3-4 years ago. Why putting effort into manufacturing a silly excuse instead of giving me an honest answer?

What you just explained makes no sense at all. 2-3 years ago, when we had a crew special with discounts on training/reset, it always included the discount for both credits and gold. Every single time. I know, because I used to wait for these specials in order to fix all crew stuff. Then suddenly one day, WG only discounted the gold cost and not the credits option. I have to say it's a hell of a coincidence if this kind of sudden abrupt stop is the result of variation.

So can I get an honest answer to my question or will you give me another middle finger?

I've given you every honest answer possible, you're simply not accepting anything you don't agree with and trying to twist it, I have no patience or time to tolerate this.  

I repeat, read what I say to you and the answers, stop just skimming things or not reading things at all. That is as honest as I can be because I'm not going to keep going in circles answering you 15 times for you to ignore the answer 13 times then read something else completely the other 2 times. 

Because not once did I say people can't farm gold, not once did I deny you had the discount at one time. Read what is being said to you, thank-you. 

fighting_falcon93 #54 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Because not once did I say people can't farm gold

Not at all, you just wrote:

eekeeboo, on 15 January 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

"There's no gold farming involved here"

Upon which I gave you 2 pictures:

Spoiler

Upon which you told me to use google instead of actually answering my question.

not once did I deny you had the discount at one time.

No, you didn't deny that we had the discounts previously, but you did deny that we have them during every crew special before:

eekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

"the credit discount wasn't permanent, it isn't meant to be there 100% of the time every time. It's a special occasional instance only used occasionally"

You're trying to make it look like the credits discounts was occasional before, and that's a lie. Something that goes on for years isn't considered "occasionally".

Read what is being said to you, thank-you. 

I am reading your posts. Are you reading mine???

My question still stands unaswered: Why did WG decide to one day just remove the credits discount during crew specials?

eekeeboo #55 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 21 January 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

Not at all, you just wrote:

eekeeboo, on 15 January 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

"There's no gold farming involved here"

Upon which I gave you 2 pictures:

Spoiler

Upon which you told me to use google instead of actually answering my question.

No, you didn't deny that we had the discounts previously, but you did deny that we have them during every crew special before:

eekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

"the credit discount wasn't permanent, it isn't meant to be there 100% of the time every time. It's a special occasional instance only used occasionally"

You're trying to make it look like the credits discounts was occasional before, and that's a lie. Something that goes on for years isn't considered "occasionally".

I am reading your posts. Are you reading mine???

My question still stands unaswered: Why did WG decide to one day just remove the credits discount during crew specials?

Yes now read the topic it's under, read the event and read what it's about. Campaign vs Season you have STILL not looked into the difference or how either work. As I said there you still haven't now. 

Because a special isn't permanent, a discount isn't permanent that's why they have those names. The stoppage of those is not a punishment, the removal of something you once had as a standard is a punishment. The fact something has stopped to be on discount is not a punishment. I've stated this numerous times and you don't want to read that. 

fighting_falcon93 #56 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Yes now read the topic it's under, read the event and read what it's about. Campaign vs Season you have STILL not looked into the difference or how either work. As I said there you still haven't now. 

Because a special isn't permanent, a discount isn't permanent that's why they have those names. The stoppage of those is not a punishment, the removal of something you once had as a standard is a punishment. The fact something has stopped to be on discount is not a punishment. I've stated this numerous times and you don't want to read that. 

If you want to tell others to read your posts, maybe you should read theirs first?

Did I ask you what the difference between a campaign and a season is? NOPE!

Did I ask you if you consider a stopped discount to be a punishment? NOPE!

I asked WHY only a tiny fraction of players at the top is allowed to earn gold?

I asked WHY the credits discount for crew training/reset events was removed?

Seriusly, you're aswering the WRONG questions and yet you complain that you have to state things over and over again...

Maybe if you answered the CORRECT questions you wouldn't need to repeat yourself.

eekeeboo #57 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 21 January 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

If you want to tell others to read your posts, maybe you should read theirs first?

Did I ask you what the difference between a campaign and a season is? NOPE!

Did I ask you if you consider a stopped discount to be a punishment? NOPE!

I asked WHY only a tiny fraction of players at the top is allowed to earn gold?

I asked WHY the credits discount for crew training/reset events was removed?

Seriusly, you're aswering the WRONG questions and yet you complain that you have to state things over and over again...

Maybe if you answered the CORRECT questions you wouldn't need to repeat yourself.

I did and I do, if I didn't I wouldn't be able to read as accurately as I do. The fact I'm being as plain and factual as possible is not helping you at all. 

You didn't ask why, please point where you said why. Please.... do so, show me. You asked "How" not "why" there's a big difference on the answer you receive. 

And yes you did: 

Did I ask you what the difference between a campaign and a season is? NOPE! - Yes you did and you should because that determines the answer you need and points out the whole point of your objection is pointless. You're arguing for unity and fairness in a thread that rewards Fame points and reward tanks. You did not take the time to understand this. 

Did I ask you if you consider a stopped discount to be a punishment? NOPE! - Read here http://forum.worldof...#entry16573795​

You've only further confirmed my statements and illustrated your own agenda fuelled ignorance. You can be insulted or not, but that's the fact and I'm trying to help you when you refuse to help yourself. 

Cataphractarii #58 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33782 battles
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

You should spend more time reading the forums and you'd see how many people say they currently have too much gold and want to spend it. This isn't penalising anyone, penalising is removing something you once had. This is giving something extra to some players and not others. 

There is a HUGE difference in the mind-set and the approach. 

Hmm, have to agree to disagree, obviously you spend more time on the forums, but that approach is so counter intuitive I can't believe it, unless you are quoting players who make a lot of gold in game. I am not one of them, and I don't know any of them, they are an elite, not the majority of players who probably never read the forums. So you are right there is a huge difference between the mind set of that elite and that of the average player.

I also disagree about the credit discount, it was there for the longest time, tho I don't know what WG intended, so it seemed the normal thing, not special. And there was no explanation when it ceased, perhaps, ss you suggest, because WG felt it required none although many questioned the action on the forums. So at last we have an answer, not your fault it is so late in coming!

Re the face changes, fair enough, it's a vanity item!

I will say though, you have made an excellent effort to provide answers to our questions, even if they may not be the answers we wanted. For a difficult job done well, thank you.

eekeeboo #59 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46059 battles

View PostCataphractarii, on 21 January 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

Hmm, have to agree to disagree, obviously you spend more time on the forums, but that approach is so counter intuitive I can't believe it, unless you are quoting players who make a lot of gold in game. I am not one of them, and I don't know any of them, they are an elite, not the majority of players who probably never read the forums. So you are right there is a huge difference between the mind set of that elite and that of the average player.

I also disagree about the credit discount, it was there for the longest time, tho I don't know what WG intended, so it seemed the normal thing, not special. And there was no explanation when it ceased, perhaps, ss you suggest, because WG felt it required none although many questioned the action on the forums. So at last we have an answer, not your fault it is so late in coming!

Re the face changes, fair enough, it's a vanity item!

I will say though, you have made an excellent effort to provide answers to our questions, even if they may not be the answers we wanted. For a difficult job done well, thank you.

It can be counter-intuitive, but at the same time, it's important to realise if you have a couple of hundred or thousand people saying "please let us spend gold" I'm sure you can appreciate the insanity if we don't facilitate this! :D 

Feedback and these comments are from more than the forums, as I spend time on Social media and other community sections and areas. 

And thank-you I said from the start I will always give the answer I have, even if it's not liked :) That's my job after all :D 

WoT_RU_Doing #60 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52307 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 January 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

It can be counter-intuitive, but at the same time, it's important to realise if you have a couple of hundred or thousand people saying "please let us spend gold" I'm sure you can appreciate the insanity if we don't facilitate this! :D

Feedback and these comments are from more than the forums, as I spend time on Social media and other community sections and areas.

And thank-you I said from the start I will always give the answer I have, even if it's not liked :) That's my job after all :D

Though I'd readily agree that I've seen plenty of "please let us spend gold" requests after the amount people got in the loot boxes, they were all in the context of buying tanks rather than using the premium shop. That may be part of the cause of the confusion I've seen in this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users