Be a Loser or Lose ?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Be a Loser or Lose ? (83 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Gold Rounds is for losers.

1. yes (22 votes [26.51%])

Percentage of vote: 26.51%

2. no (51 votes [61.45%])

Percentage of vote: 61.45%

3. not sure (10 votes [12.05%])

Percentage of vote: 12.05%

Vote Hide poll

greasle #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13809 battles

What is better ?

Be a loser shooting Gold Rounds  or Lose shooting Non Gold Rounds ?

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 54255 battles
Since when is shooting prammo at the right moment considerd being a loser?

Gold ammo has been available for silver for a long time now so why would you not use the tools given to you?

Zmago5000 #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4834 battles
this is not really a smart question, it depends on situation, because if lower tier you can not  pen anything without gold,...

BR33K1_PAWAH #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Lo and behold, we finally met him - a person who will not be accepted into Dingers.

Edited by BR33K1_PAWAH, 18 January 2019 - 08:14 AM.

BlackBloodBandit #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1813 battles

Personally I rarely use premium ammo. Only when facing unbalanced tanks like Jap heavies, I switch, because they simply have more win chance by being in the battle. Also when people spam premium at me, when I'm in a fair 1 vs 1 situation and create an unfair advantage.

View PostDuncaN_101, on 18 January 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

Since when is shooting prammo at the right moment considerd being a loser?
Gold ammo has been available for silver for a long time now so why would you not use the tools given to you?

My point on this is, that since premium shells became available people started ruining the game environment and use it a lot. I have big hammers in my basement, but that doesn't mean I will use them to smash my neighbors head, because I don't like him.

On of the biggest tools that made this game fun I see less and less: creativity to outplay people and change the outcome of battles. I admit that the poll isn't really fair as it only gives 2 options. Given these 2 options, I would change the question being about premium spam.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 18 January 2019 - 08:15 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postgreasle, on 18 January 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

What is better ?

I'll go with option three, win firing primarily standard rounds and gold rounds as and when the situation requires it.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 9252 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 January 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'll go with option three, win firing primarily standard rounds and gold rounds as and when the situation requires it.

This ^^ Depending on what you are driving and what you are facing, unfortunately that difference makes it sometimes necessary to dab that 2-key in order to stand a chance to overcome that enemy. 

WhoCares01 #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles

I despise the concept behind gold ammo - it breaks the whole game balance - and thus I don't use it, even so I carry some rounds in all my tanks.

DuncaN_101 #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 54255 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 18 January 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Personally I rarely use premium ammo. Only when facing unbalanced tanks like Jap heavies, I switch, because they simply have more win chance by being in the battle. Also when people spam premium at me, when I'm in a fair 1 vs 1 situation and create an unfair advantage.

My point on this is, that since premium shells became available people started ruining the game environment and use it a lot. I have big hammers in my basement, but that doesn't mean I will use them to smash my neighbors head, because I don't like him.

On of the biggest tools that made this game fun I see less and less: creativity to outplay people and change the outcome of battles. I admit that the poll isn't really fair as it only gives 2 options. Given these 2 options, I would change the question being about premium spam.

Weird comparison shooting prammo and killing your neighbour  

Anyways If you read my comment right it says shooting prammo at the right time. 

Spamming prammo because you can is nonsense and in no way useful I'd say. But that's not what the OP is asking  

I barely use prammo but if I need to I will  

qpranger #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 34758 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 18 January 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

Lo and behold, we finally met him - a person who will not be accepted into Dingers.

That's not true, I eked out a whole year in that clan before I got found out. One would think that my refusal to do team battles and even platoons would set off the alarm bells early on, but it was my own chattiness that got the better of me at the end. As soon as they knew, I was booted out unceremoniously and was not even allowed to clear out my desk. Got a shabby box with my belongings a week later, sans the battery-operated talking hamster toy.

Frostilicus #11 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22504 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Think the OP could do with firing a few more prem rounds tbh...

Most of my tanks have around 20% of their total ammo loadout as premium rounds, they don't get used that often, but you never know when you will need them

250swb #12 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postgreasle, on 18 January 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

What is better ?

You might do better if you cared about winning more than you worry about losing.

The game rules are not a moral code, the rules and equipment available are there to be used. Some people act as if being anti-premium ammo puts them on a pedestal while others find being good at the game earns them credits to buy it. Either way the ultimate price you pay for playing WoT is in your time, so if you want to waste it playing with one arm tied behind your back that's up to you, but you might want to think about missionary work or cat  hamster rescue as a more rewarding way of displaying your virtue.

Edited by 250swb, 18 January 2019 - 09:34 AM.

Simeon85 #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 January 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

This.

Never really understood the need to spam all premium, credit grinding is annoying and you'll shoot so much stuff that it'll be a complete waste on but I have never also understood these people that refuse to fire it. It's a tool to use at the right time. 

Flicka #14 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22856 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Tanks have armor so they could be harder to pen in certain situations and positions, player get those said tanks into those situations and positions, opposing player fires preloaded gold, thus negating said characteristic of the tank.

And you can come across those situations a bit too often.

As our dear streamer QB will say "i will dab the 2 key to take away the advantage my opponent has", even more promoting the gameplay we have today, and he is a cheap bastard...

And I know it is not his fault, WG made the game like this, but there are stil players trying to play the game as they used to, back in the day when "historical accuracy" was the No.1 reason for tank characteristics.

Edited by Flicka, 18 January 2019 - 10:18 AM.

BrainlessWorm #15 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 646 battles

The right tool for the job is the correct approach.  I always carry some gold, but will use standard for as long as is practical, always did. The old argument of if you cant pen the front, flank and attack the sides or rear is a daft generalization and in many cases is totally unreasonable.  If you are in a corridor situation and the heavily armored tank is not pennable with standard, going halfway around the map to attack his side is not doable (especially if having to so relocate puts you in direct fire from the rest of the red team ), then the only alternative is to use the better ammunition.  It annoys me that players that could use gold to resolve a situation where all other options have been exhausted, refuse to do so on a principal and then get killed and we then lose a valuable position to the enemy or even go on to lose the game.

Gold round are available to all, you just have to manage your finances a bit.  I now play free to play and this does not prevent me from carrying gold in my tanks, I just use it sparingly and accordingly. If someone wants to spam gold at me, I have no issue, they would probably have penned in most cases with standard anyway and if I am being hit so easily it is my fault for being in the wrong location!

Dava_117 #16 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20900 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFlicka, on 18 January 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Tanks have armor so they could be harder to pen in certain situations and positions, player get those said tanks into those situations and positions, opposing player fires preloaded gold, thus negating said characteristic of the tank.

And you can come across those situations a bit too often.

As our dear streamer QB will say "i will dab the 2 key to take away the advantage my opponent has", even more promoting the gameplay we have today, and he is a cheap bastard...

And I know it is not his fault, WG made the game like this, but there are stil players trying to play the game as they used to, back in the day when "historical accuracy" was the No.1 reason for tank characteristics.

QB can shoot all the gold he want at my KV-4, but if I'm on a sidescrape position there is no way he can pen me. Premium ammo don't deny armour advantage, it just make it harder to use it.

The lack of weackspots is the main problem that causes goldspam, coupled with bad HT players that can't understand how angling works and how to use each armour layout propely.

At OP, if I need to load gold to kill a tank and secure a win I will do it. I have some premium ammo on almost any tank I have, even if I rarely use it. But there is allways a time where you need those shell, like when you find a Type5 in front of my KV-4, or an O-Ho in front of my T-150 or even a VK30.02P in front of your Pz3J.

Discontinued #17 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View Postgreasle, on 18 January 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

What is better ?

Yet another gold/arty/map/mm whine, somehow pressing 2 makes you a loser, I suggest not using gold make you more likely to be a loser! why bother learning weak spots

I don't get this perverse pride "I don't play arty" I don't use gold.

I need to set up an automatic reply to these kind of threads,

As a former Dinger what you suggest is so utterly ridiculous its like,

There are many tanks I posses that have never fired standard ammunition. For instance my M12 tier 7 arty has never seen a standard shell, why you ask?

Because it annoys the hell out of people like the op and whine threads like these only encourage me to use more gold, 

Im off to buy another fort knox as this post has made me want to pump out more nuggets of love to the enemy .Plus Fort Knox really helps out with mm fact. I'm always top tier at tier 10, its pretty amasing. I dont think I've been bottom tier once. exept for that one game vs tier 11

Dunno why I even bother with premium tanks tbh when I can just keep buying fort knox's personally its beneath me to grind for credits, i simply dont have the time!

Grinding for credits is for tramps and just so 2018,

Bradders8 #18 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7822 battles

What a stupid pointless poll.

How can people be losers for using prem rounds when WG have buffed armour with some tanks to the point that if you don't shoot it, it's quite simple....you will not pen, guaranteed.

Shooting full gold at paper/lower tier tanks is a different thing, but you did not specify that. Plus that is quite uncommon in the regular all t10 battles you seem to get atm. 

PowJay #19 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37070 battles

As far as I understand it, the objective of this game- any game- is to win. I win more often (just about- at least in some vehicles) by doing more damage and killing more enemies. If I am facing a tank two tiers higher than me and I know that at least half of my AP are going to bounce, then I have a choice: Shoot Premium or find something else. If I find something else, then I am relying on my allies to kill the one that I could not- or I am hoping for a chance to damage it later from the side, or behind perhaps.

Not happening. It's Premium all the way (edit- when I need/want to) and that way I can win more often than not- overall. But not recently, it seems!

I carry anything up to around 10 or so Premium rounds in almost every vehicle. Those that I don't is only because I keep forgetting to change the load-out. The ridiculous amount of times I am bottom tier (like everyone else) means that you need that edge. I don't spam it, and some battles I don't even use it, but when it is him or me, it's going to be him as often as possible.

Edited by PowJay, 18 January 2019 - 11:44 AM.

OMG_Abaddon #20 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9734 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

Why are we discussing the same things over and over? Premium ammo is the pay2win factor #1 of this game, a lot of players left for this reason last year, premium ammo is always better if you can afford it and on top of more penetration you also have faster bullets that I sometimes use to snipe paper tanks moving fast.

Everyone can tell gold ammo is for losers, it removes most skill requirements to play, beats good angling in many cases which shouldn't be possible. But then again, it's the only way to actually pen certain tanks, e.g. T8 medium or heavy tanks vs T10 heavies or super-heavies.

But this has been said so many times already, people still discussing this will only drag more trolls to say it's fine just because they couldn't handle that their dearly T67 with 20k games can no longer hit anything because AP rounds are now the only reliable DPM ammo but haven't got enough pen to hit 2 tiers above from the front.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users