gold heat spaming gold

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Nicpapwnz #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8667 battles
  • [D-DIV] D-DIV
https://www.youtube....?v=zhi_N8qevoA     On the following link our streamer Skill have some suggestions about change in gold ammunition. Its would be pretty cool if you would limit the capacity of gold ammunition on each vehicle. I totaly agree with him. Game is starting too look pretty bad when all the tanks are just spaming gold, you cant even angle your tank to ricochet enemy's shots. Whats the point of armor if you just get penetrated everytime ? Why dont  some vehicles ( type 5 heavy, S. Conqueror, Object 279,etc) get a weak spot ?

SABAOTH #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostNicpapwnz, on 18 January 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

https://www.youtube....?v=zhi_N8qevoA     On the following link our streamer Skill have some suggestions about change in gold ammunition. Its would be pretty cool if you would limit the capacity of gold ammunition on each vehicle. I totaly agree with him. Game is starting too look pretty bad when all the tanks are just spaming gold, you cant even angle your tank to ricochet enemy's shots. Whats the point of armor if you just get penetrated everytime ? Why dont  some vehicles ( type 5 heavy, S. Conqueror, Object 279,etc) get a weak spot ?

Type 5 got a weakspot, is just as weak as the front of a Maus :trollface:

Noo_Noo #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22241 battles

So lets make the Type 5 even more broken by basically meaning that the enemy has less chance to take it out because the game says they cant carry sufficient ammo of the right type to do it. 

Nerf armour and then we can discuss this

LordMuffin #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49210 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

They don't have weakspots in hope that players will shoot more premium ammo at them.

Shooting that much premium ammo is not sustainable on a regular account, so WG hopes the player will buy premium account/premium tank(s) which add profit for WG.

CraftyVeteran #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4940 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
here's a new thread topic...

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40408 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCraftyVeteran, on 18 January 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

here's a new thread topic...

This is when we could do with a 'YAWN' emoji

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21684 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
OP is right, T110E5 has a clear frontal weakspot and it's very balanced as a result.

Beltalowda #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64611 battles
Limiting gold ammo capacity to a certain percentage of total amount of shells is not exactly a new idea. It has been proposed here on this forum a long time ago and many times as well. WarGaming decided to go a different way than that and that is where we are. We'll just have to wait and see how their new approach is going to affect the game.

Homer_J #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNicpapwnz, on 18 January 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Its would be pretty cool if you would limit the capacity of gold ammunition on each vehicle.

They did try that in historical mode.  The mode was a failure for other reasons but what you find when you limit premium ammo is that people use it first and then give up and run into the enemy guns.

laulaur #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47279 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

View PostBeltalowda, on 18 January 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Limiting gold ammo capacity to a certain percentage of total amount of shells is not exactly a new idea. It has been proposed here on this forum a long time ago and many times as well. WarGaming decided to go a different way than that and that is where we are. We'll just have to wait and see how their new approach is going to affect the game.

No need to wait and see, it is quite clear what will be the outcome of this change:

- armored tanks will be buffed 

- unarmored and low alpha tanks (aka meds and lights) will be nerfed 

- lowest tier tanks in a +2 game will become even more useless that are now. Yes, i am looking at you tier 8 premium heavy tanks in special: quite fun to be a heavy that has no armor, no dpm and no alpha when he meets a +2 opponent... Right?

Beltalowda #11 Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64611 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 18 January 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

No need to wait and see, it is quite clear what will be the outcome of this change:

- armored tanks will be buffed 

- unarmored and low alpha tanks (aka meds and lights) will be nerfed 

- lowest tier tanks in a +2 game will become even more useless that are now. Yes, i am looking at you tier 8 premium heavy tanks in special: quite fun to be a heavy that has no armor, no dpm and no alpha when he meets a +2 opponent... Right?

It is, what it is. 

I was here in beta and I am here still. Although I do take breaks from this game from time to time and they are getting longer, I must say that for me personally, all the proposed changes to make the game "better" feels like too little, too late. 

I am beyond caring now, I always have Football Manager when I feel like I don't want to deal with Wargaming's shenanigans anymore.

Noo_Noo #12 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22241 battles

View PostBeltalowda, on 18 January 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

It is, what it is. 

I was here in beta and I am here still. Although I do take breaks from this game from time to time and they are getting longer, I must say that for me personally, all the proposed changes to make the game "better" feels like too little, too late. 

I am beyond caring now, I always have Football Manager when I feel like I don't want to deal with Wargaming's shenanigans anymore.

I just think its plain wrong unless they really change the armour on every tank. 

They've opened the gap up between tiers making premium ammo necessary in some instances. Now they're talking of nerfing the only tool that you  have in some instances to get over the poor vehicle balance in game. Unless they close the gap between tiers it wont work. 

laulaur #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47279 battles
  • [FUS2D] FUS2D

View PostBeltalowda, on 18 January 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

It is, what it is. 

Same thing here, my breaks became longer and i play a lot less than before. I kinda stopped caring because i have seen no feedback is taken into consideration and WG tries to shape the game to be more 'noob' friendly (cramped corridor maps, stupid overarmored tanks, derp guns, arty even easier to play than before, etc...)

Even this premium ammo change is not aimed at making the game ''better'', WG wants just to make the income better:

- this change will make premium ammo even more expensive (same price - less damage).

- at the same time WG announced they will introduce the ''new improved premium account''.....

- profit

Ohh, they also stated that HE will become more efficient - dealing damage regardless of the thickness of impacted armor. So if this happens i think we will see ''World of heavy/superheavy tonks spamming HE at eachother''

Beltalowda #14 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 64611 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 18 January 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

Ohh, they also stated that HE will become more efficient - dealing damage regardless of the thickness of impacted armor. So if this happens i think we will see ''World of heavy/superheavy tonks spamming HE at eachother''

And also at the lightly armoured tanks which I play the most. Last night I came back to WoT after a month and half and in my third game I got hit for over 1k dmg in my tier X scout from T49 which is a tier 8. This is just plain stupid, can you imagine what it will be like for those who drive Leopard 1, Batchat, any of the AMX LT's, etc.

When they changed arty, they basically buffed and nerfed this class in one update. They nerfed it against heavily armoured tanks like Maus or Type 5, where you do little to almost nothing when you hit them, but tanks with no armour got hit more reliably due to increased accuracy and reload time. This new HE meta will be the doom for things like RHM, WT auf IV, Leopard, BC and so on. 

No, I don't have any faith what so ever in WG to balance either tanks or the HE output damage in a proper way. The real winners will be the one's with a ton of armour and a spall liner and the losers are gonna be the one's without any armour. Corridor type maps, big derp guns, removal of bushes and now increased HE damage, this is all making the life of all lightly armoured tanks miserable and frustrating. 

Time for another break I guess.

SuedKAT #15 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Watched his video last night, it's far from a new idea but at least it's better than what WG is planning to do. The main problem is the fact that premium ammo is a necessary evil in the game at this point due to balance issues, map design and overall game-play, addressing the real issues would solve a lot and overall people would fire less premium ammo. However considering WG have announced that frontal weakspots is a no no we got buffed HT's (the most dominated class in the game), nerfed everything else and a lot of more gold usage but with less DPM to look forward to, fun, not.

Crashzi #16 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6663 battles
Not a good idea because RNG

AliceUnchained #17 Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 38892 battles
  • [322] 322

This really did not need a new thread...

lewisdawson1 #18 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25440 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

It is wrong because its a hidden balancing mechanic really isn't it.

Its easier for them to simply enable gold rounds instead of balancing all of the broken tanks they introduced (and are still selling in limited bulk). Just shows you there passion for what they do to be honest :trollface:.

Dr_Blackshark #19 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12689 battles

There are no such things as over armored tanks in this meta..... a simple gold round will penetrate almost everything without even aiming. A Super Heavy tank sould be impenetrable frontally for god's sake.....

The prem ammo nerf will improve the gameplay like nothing before.

LordMuffin #20 Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49210 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 19 January 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

There are no such things as over armored tanks in this meta..... a simple gold round will penetrate almost everything without even aiming. A Super Heavy tank sould be impenetrable frontally for god's sake.....

The prem ammo nerf will improve the gameplay like nothing before.

No, a gold round will not penetrate almost everything without aiming.

A superheavy should not be impenetrable frontally.

Prem ammo change will further buff the already strongest tank in the game while also making the low tiered tanks in each battle even less of a threat then they currently are.

Also tagged with gold, heat, spaming gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users