Oh dear

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LincolnTank #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm turning the towel in on the campaigns. Their lack of variability in terms of choosing a pathway to complete them drives me to frustration. I don't do/am not interested in Light Tanks and yet the current system forces you to use them to achieve nice shiny objects

And before the usual trolls jump in with unconstructive and otherwise nobbish comments, I have tried, and tried damned hard but sadly I don't seem to have the necessary skill set to command light tanks effectively. 

I really wish they'd create campaigns that are designed for one type.............that are lengthy and challenging (I don't mind working for the carrot) but give incentive to carry on even if you're not cruising along them

Frankly I'm now that bored of not achieving the required result that I've decided it's boring to keep on banging my head against the wall

Thanks for listening, I feel better for that

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42570 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The key, my good man, is not to bother trying.

I never have & I manage to complete them with surprising regularity.

Plus, it's always a nice surprise when one comes up that you had forgotten about :)

Homer_J #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The 2nd campaign lets you do the missions in any class although some are more suited to one class than another.  I reckon I've done half of them in arty.  It does restrict what nations you can use though.

vorlontank #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25689 battles
i stopped worrying about them ages ago, i have the stug from the first lot. not chasing them though. to my mind they dont encourage very good team play with a lot of the missions. i'll just let them complete if it happens.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLincolnTank, on 18 January 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm turning the towel in on the campaigns. Their lack of variability in terms of choosing a pathway to complete them drives me to frustration. I don't do/am not interested in Light Tanks and yet the current system forces you to use them to achieve nice shiny objects

I really wish they'd create campaigns that are designed for one type.............that are lengthy and challenging (I don't mind working for the carrot) but give incentive to carry on even if you're not cruising along them

Frankly I'm now that bored of not achieving the required result that I've decided it's boring to keep on banging my head against the wall

See the thing is that if they did that, we would still have people complaining. If that one type feels like lights or arty missions are for some now. As not everyone plays every class. I was a HT player, less so now. So I don't like the blocking missions. As I am more of a med/light player now. 

And if they removed class missions. Or stun, blocked and spotting. It would just be 2-3 different missions in various forms. And if they were just 3 missions that were lengthy. Then the "grind" whine would def come back again. As also many did on the Excalibur campaign. As missions could not be done in one battle. 

So I suspect... we would see topics like this regardless of how they did the missions. As some will feel like this either way. 

WoT_RU_Doing #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57849 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

If it's not working out for you fine, as said above, stop trying...it actually means for many players that they are more likely to achieve the mission anyhow. But, do not disable the missions, always play with a mission for both campaigns enabled. That way, you might achieve it "by accident". While trying missions for the Chimera, I've accidentally completed missions for the Object 260 and T-55A, and vice versa. However, there is nothing that would annoy me more than disabling all the missions, and then playing a great battle where it would have counted for something.

As another piece of advice, try a search for the missions you struggle with on wotreplays.eu or on youtube, you may find that someone has approached it differently to the method you have been trying. This is especially true for the second campaign, where even the choice of tank can be totally different, but it's true for the first campaign from a playstyle point of view. 

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostLincolnTank, on 18 January 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

And before the usual trolls jump in with unconstructive and otherwise nobbish comments, I have tried, and tried damned hard but sadly I don't seem to have the necessary skill set to command light tanks effectively. 

Thanks for listening, I feel better for that

1. You purchased an Even 90 one of the hardest light tanks to play well.

2. Your highest tier tech tree light tanks are vk16.02 Leopard and AMX ELC bis. The missions get progressively easier as your tech tree tank gets higher tier. So for example the missions for the STG IV (which I notice you do not own), although doable with tier V light tanks, tend to be easier with higher tier light tanks. So for example LT 15 is cause 3,000 damage assistance. Thats very challenging in a tier V light tank, but pretty trivial in a tier X light tank. Meanwhile LT 13 requires you to spot/assist for 700hp damage which would be pretty easy in the EVEN 90, but it also requires you to deal 700hp damage, which given the dpm and gun handling will be more of a challenge in the EVEN 90. But the tier IX USSR light the T54ltwt probably gets those numbers in every battle played.

3. If you complete all the heavy, medium, TD, and SPG missions you will have enough tokens to gain the STUG IV.

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
I too have always struggled with he heavy tank missions on various accounts, only for me to realise the rteason i struggle is because i almost never play heavy tanks at all they just dont suit me!

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42570 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Perfect timing - just completed Union 5 'Follow The SPG'

Not trying even in the slightest & it just happened :)

What we here in the UK would call a Brucie Bonus ;)

Darky1029 #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14342 battles

Wanna swap accounts? :teethhappy:

I wish you could complete one tree three times to complete one of the others. I despise arties, and dislike heavies.

I think ive been stuck on the heavy tank missions for 3 years now, since i only have 1 heavy, but 30 lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users