Jump to content


Fixed, nothing else to see here


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

Ringo_Star #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I found a bug/exploit that can make missions for obj. 279 trivial. So I thought it would be best to report this to support and keep it low key. The less people know about the possible exploit the better, common sense right?

But the support told me that they don't have files required to deal with this ( what files would they need, nature of this bug can not be described with replay) and they recommended to post this issue on this forum.

So I would kindly ask for some moderator or any other power to be, should I describe the bug here or could you have a look at my support ticket once again.

Personaly, I love campaign missions and I really enjoy the challenge so using this exploit would ruin experience for me. Sorry for the block of text. Moderators please respond

Best regards

Ringo Star


Edited by Ringo_Star, 19 January 2019 - 01:07 AM.


TheDrownedApe #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 46122 battles
  • 5,823
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
:popcorn:

PabloGee #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30230 battles
  • 147
  • [5TAR5] 5TAR5
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014

Yes describe it here, thanks .

Mods will pass it to DEV team 


Edited by PabloGee, 18 January 2019 - 03:58 PM.


Discontinued #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3644 battles
  • 791
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

Sorry Ringo, I'm not going to comment, as you never answered my fan mail

 



Ringo_Star #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View PostPabloGee, on 18 January 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Yes describe it here, thanks .

Mods will pass it to DEV team 

But if I describe it here, everyone will find out how to cheese 279 missions. I will do nothing until I get response from some mod.


Edited by Ringo_Star, 18 January 2019 - 04:07 PM.


_b_ #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 55679 battles
  • 4,117
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011
The "play late at night with a bunch of clan-mates all on team-speak and do count-downs and weirdly enough complete missions when they get into same matches" bug? 

Ringo_Star #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View Post_b_, on 18 January 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

The "play late at night with a bunch of clan-mates all on team-speak and do count-downs and weirdly enough complete missions when they get into same matches" bug? 

No, this is a broken code or something...it is not rigging per se.


Edited by Ringo_Star, 18 January 2019 - 04:19 PM.


Dr_Oolen #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22770 battles
  • 1,734
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
the bait is real 

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40330 battles
  • 5,819
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostDr_Oolen, on 18 January 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

the bait is real 

 



wsatnutter #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25821 battles
  • 8,663
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
tell me and I promise not to spill the beans honest

Ringo_Star #11 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

Really guys it is not a bait or a trap. I just want this fixed. If describing the bug will help fix problem I will do it here. I just need go ahead from some mod.

Also, in all honesty I can't be the first person who figured this out, but getting 279 that way just doesn't feel right.


Edited by Ringo_Star, 18 January 2019 - 04:30 PM.


Soup_Potato #12 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 282 battles
  • 302
  • Member since:
    09-22-2018

View PostRingo_Star, on 18 January 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Really guys it is not a bait or a trap. I just want this fixed. If describing the bug will help fix problem I will do it here. I just need go ahead from some mod.

Also, in all honesty I can't be the first person who figured this out, but getting 279 that way just doesn't feel right.

 

If it isn't a bait then PM a community manager or something. Can't honestly believe it to be some game breaking bug but if you don't want to post it here, just send the PM.

signal11th #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 39350 battles
  • 6,113
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Hey I know a sure fire way to win the lottery but I'm not telling anyone...

Ringo_Star #14 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View PostSoup_Potato, on 18 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

 

If it isn't a bait then PM a community manager or something. Can't honestly believe it to be some game breaking bug but if you don't want to post it here, just send the PM.

 

Yeah, this sound reasonable. I've sent PM to the community manager. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

ortega456 #15 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64136 battles
  • 1,149
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012

Pssst. I have also some weird exploit thing:

 

You can easily earn 10.000€ per month with this method and extend your d$ick by at least 3 inches.

 

Rich people and doctors hate me for knowing this method!!

 

I've tried reporting it but nobody in the banking or official government sector seems to know about this.  This method can be done by everybody.

 

Where can I report it to?



Ringo_Star #16 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View Postortega456, on 18 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Pssst. I have also some weird exploit thing:

 

You can easily earn 10.000€ per month with this method and extend your d$ick by at least 3 inches.

 

Rich people and doctors hate me for knowing this method!!

 

I've tried reporting it but nobody in the banking or official government sector seems to know about this.  This method can be done by everybody.

 

Where can I report it to?

 

I know everything about this sounds really sketchy, but I am super cereal about this. I honestly don't think revealing this bug will benefit anyone and in hindsight I think I should have just pm-ed somebody without opening this thread. I am closed beta tester, and I really like this game besides some flaws. I would really like to keep it fair and fun for everyone.

Edited by Ringo_Star, 18 January 2019 - 05:08 PM.


Dorander #17 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 18688 battles
  • 3,608
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostRingo_Star, on 18 January 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

 

Yeah, this sound reasonable. I've sent PM to the community manager. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

 

I can't imagine support did what you said and told you to post an exploit on the forums. From http://forum.worldof...24-forum-rules/ with bold emphasis mine:

 

5. Don’t discuss illegal/forbidden activities

Discussion of any illegal activity will result in the removal of the post and harsh punishments from the moderation team. Posts about illegal activity will also be escalated to the proper authorities.

Avoid:

  • Posting cheats, hacks, Trojan horses or Malicious Programs

 

 

That said, you seem to be on the correct route having first contacted Support and now messaging a community manager who may be able to forward the issue to developers. Whatever else you do, don't post the details here unless you're a masochist.



Ringo_Star #18 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View PostDorander, on 18 January 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

 

I can't imagine support did what you said and told you to post an exploit on the forums. From http://forum.worldof...24-forum-rules/ with bold emphasis mine:

 

5. Don’t discuss illegal/forbidden activities

Discussion of any illegal activity will result in the removal of the post and harsh punishments from the moderation team. Posts about illegal activity will also be escalated to the proper authorities.

Avoid:

  • Posting cheats, hacks, Trojan horses or Malicious Programs

 

 

That said, you seem to be on the correct route having first contacted Support and now messaging a community manager who may be able to forward the issue to developers. Whatever else you do, don't post the details here unless you're a masochist.

 

I was shocked with response from support. I gave them all possible info on this and they thought it was a good idea to post it on the forum. And once again sorry guys about the shroud of secrecy , I just like to follow things through and get it done. Also I would like to add, it is not a cheat exactly, it is probably some broken in game code that allows exploit.

Edited by Ringo_Star, 18 January 2019 - 05:15 PM.


MindCrack #19 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16612 battles
  • 181
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-02-2014
Could you say what the exploit does?

Ringo_Star #20 Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 54516 battles
  • 39
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View PostMindCrack, on 18 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Could you say what the exploit does?

 

Makes most of the 279 missions much easier.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users