30k games and only play tier 6

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

McLovers #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15155 battles

I have recently been told I am a noob by a lot of people.

I am a father and a husband, I squeeze games in where I can, I am a member of a fun and engaging clan but we are the kings of mediocre and that's fine with us we have a lot of fun.  However when I look at the people who are calling me a noob and instructing me on how to play better I notice a continuing factor, they have a huge amount of games like 30k but nearly none of them are in tier 10, in fact it seems to be they love tier 6 and they have high win ratios and all those numbers that everyone likes to quote so much but really no high tier stuff.  My most played tank is a tier 10 and I don't avoid tier 10 games, yes sometimes I play lower tiered stuff to progress a tank line or to have some fun but mostly I play tier 6 and higher.  I am at 49% win rate and I am ok with that considering my son (he is 5) wants to control my tank quite a lot of the time.

Why is it ok for these ladies and gents to go raw on me when they have not even seen the end game or they have seen it and are scared?  I feel like there should be some sort of mechanic where people must play some higher tier tanks so they don't hover on the lower levels. I know this is probably wargaming's fault because of game design but why should I be punished because of wargamings bad design as I am participating in the whole game and not just pre-tier 6 .

xtrem3x #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33812 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

It confuses me too.

I don't like tier 6 so it boggles my mind why people play thousands of games at low tiers :child:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

I don't share your concern really, on these forums we have at least 5 of those with the most disgusting attitude you could find. Who cares? Play your own game and enjoy yourself and your son! :)

Talking crap from a fake unicum is the same as a 45% who doesn't like the way you play. Only the 45% didn't waste as much effort, time and money between a dozen accounts to become a self entitled brat.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 18 January 2019 - 10:42 PM.

McLovers #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15155 battles

View Postxtrem3x, on 18 January 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

It confuses me too.

I don't like tier 6 so it boggles my mind why people play thousands of games at low tiers :child:

I wish I could link their profiles but naming ands shaming is not allowed on this forum.

MindCrack #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16612 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Well they play the tiers and tanks they enjoy. Why is that a problem?

And if you are so concerned about someone saying something bad to you in a video game you can always turn off the chat....

Edited by MindCrack, 18 January 2019 - 10:58 PM.

iztok #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostMcLovers, on 18 January 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

You must be new to the internet and on-line gaming, eh?

Welcome to the realm of nerds, turds, trolls and douche-bags, who dare to spit their venom only from the anonymity of the 'net. 

BR,  Iztok

Dorander #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

I don't think it's okay for them to "go raw" on you as you put it but one thing I find odd. You seem to be implying that it'd be perfectly fine for these people to be rude to you, if only they played up to and including tier X as well.

Fact is you're not being "punished" because of any game design. You are experiencing rude behaviour that is the result of some peoples' bad attitudes in combination with, as others noted, anonymity. No game system or ruleset can eradicate that, especially not completely.

A fair amount of people don't even see stats in-game and they still exhibit this rude behaviour. It's sufficient for somebody to not do as they want you to do or as they believe you should do in order for these typical petty insults to fly. Report them, blacklist them, turn general chat off if you really can't stand it, but asking for a system to be implemented that forces people to play tiers they don't want to play just because some people are rude online is a bit ridiculous, not only would the system fail to achieve a reduction in rudeness but it would also impact a lot of players who behave perfectly fine.

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25612 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostMcLovers, on 18 January 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

I wish I could link their profiles but naming ands shaming is not allowed on this forum.

How would you be shaming them? Because they don't play tier10 and fail at it like you?
22:18 Added after 3 minutes
Btw you've only 4 tier 10 tanks and all with atrocious win rates. 41% 43% 46% and your best a 49% BC and only 2k of your almost 15k battles are at tier 10 so what makes you so righteous to say the things you said?

SABAOTH #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Two options:

1. Seal clubbers
  2. Tired of the crap 3 5 7 MM causes at tier 8, so tier 6 is a dream right now

fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50945 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Send a bunch of names in pm please, just out of interest :)

Renesco #11 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 22964 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
Getting mouthy at people because they ''are having fun wrong'' is a hallmark of the WoT turbo-autist, I wouldn't let it bother you my man. However you like to play is how you like to play, when people try to force their preferences for the game onto you it says more about THEM than it does about YOU

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8137 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Why is it ok for these ladies and gents to go raw on me when they have not even seen the end game or they have seen it and are scared?  I feel like there should be some sort of mechanic where people must play some higher tier tanks so they don't hover on the lower levels. I know this is probably wargaming's fault because of game design but why should I be punished because of wargamings bad design as I am participating in the whole game and not just pre-tier 6 .

Because they're insecure pubescent teenagers perhaps? :trollface:

Still, I think its nice to be doing something with your son like that.

Who cares if your stats suffer because of it; RL and family is more important than some epeen.

Do you think that Viktor K cares about his stats when he's playing with his son?

Personally I doubt that.

View PostRenesco, on 18 January 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

Getting mouthy at people because they ''are having fun wrong'' is a hallmark of the WoT turbo-autist, I wouldn't let it bother you my man. However you like to play is how you like to play, when people try to force their preferences for the game onto you it says more about THEM than it does about YOU

Yes, hello, I'm an autist. :girl:

http://forum.worldof...8#entry16552918

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 18 January 2019 - 11:32 PM.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Depends on how you look at it. Is a noob related to battlecount, tiers or how you play on those tiers? I know plenty that have way more then 30K and not even seen a tier X. Some like it that way. If their skill level is above or below someone is a different matter. But as this game don't have an end game. You really don't need to get to tier X as such to have a right to say anything. As we have seen before. Just because you got to tier X, don't make you better or worse then anyone playing on tier 5. I've seen my fair share of fails on tier 5 as I have on tier X. 

But... at the end of it all. Most call out that because you either did not carry for them. Or you did not do what they wanted you to do. I see it happen to 60% as well as 45%. If you fail on any aspect, you are a noob or a bot. It's an online game after all. 

slitth #14 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12531 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

There is no real place a player of X amount of skill should play.

Sure I would not recommend people speed grinding up to tier 10 because the cost of playing tier 10 is high if you do not have the skills to have a decent income.

But I would not say that below average player should to be allowed to play tier 10 because of skill level.

If they are not allowed to play tier 10 they are not allow the chance to improve.

Now I find that most players that rage do so because they are not able to vent their frustration at the enemy, so they vent it at the team instead.

And there are also the trolls that try to improve their day by ruining yours.

How you handle this trash talk is up to you.

demon_tank #15 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26264 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostMcLovers, on 18 January 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

I am a father and a husband, I squeeze games in where I can, I am a member of a fun and engaging clan but we are the kings of mediocre and that's fine with us we have a lot of fun.  However when I look at the people who are calling me a noob and instructing me on how to play better I notice a continuing factor, they have a huge amount of games like 30k but nearly none of them are in tier 10, in fact it seems to be they love tier 6 and they have high win ratios and all those numbers that everyone likes to quote so much but really no high tier stuff.  My most played tank is a tier 10 and I don't avoid tier 10 games, yes sometimes I play lower tiered stuff to progress a tank line or to have some fun but mostly I play tier 6 and higher.  I am at 49% win rate and I am ok with that considering my son (he is 5) wants to control my tank quite a lot of the time.

Just deal with it like a real man.

Hit the monitor , keyboard or mouse.

You can always slam the wall next to you if you can reach it.

Nothing you can do about any of the problems you re talking about.

If you encounter toxic players report them , blacklist them , ignore them and move on.

Players that play specific tiers there is nothing you can do about it nor should you. Deal with it and move on.

Isharial #16 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21447 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

without even considering the rest of what you wrote, why do you feel the need to dictate to others what they are allowed to play and what they are not allowed to play? if they find such a tier fun, then they shouldn't be denied that because someone else doesn't want to see them there. 

that's really quite sad...

I don't see why someone must be forced to play higher tiers because of a battle count? if they enjoy playing T6, then that is their choice, not yours. 

it is the same choice you made when dragging people down at T10. you did it because it was YOUR choice, no one but yours. why are you trying to take other players choices away from them but not a single word on your own ability? 

oh, the irony.... 

yes there are people that everyone classes as a sealclubber, but is it a sealclubber or someone having fun? (the way they talk and whatnot is not the discussed thing here, so toxicity of that specific player isn't accounted for (not that I would backup such behaviour as its not welcome on any game) )

Edited by Isharial, 19 January 2019 - 01:43 AM.

Robbie_T #17 Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17766 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I play what ever i want.

I prefer tier 9 but if i have a bad night in tier 8 9,10 i do sometimes switch to 5,6,7

Although tier 5 is plaqued with Leffe Leffe.if they not in the battlefield it can be fun.

Tier 1,2,3,4 i cant be bothered to play it i mostly  free xp most tanks till 5 or tier 6 than its starts te be fun and interresting.

About what randoms in battles say i really dont care.theres a lot worse around....like tonight tier 8-10 battle .and what do i et a camping 60 tp from the start of the game .

next to his arty frend (because he had to protect him was hiss excuse).

Lucky we won that thanks to a awesome LT and medium!(not me)

Mr 60tp didnt do any dmg and didnt loose any health after the battle stats showed.

But i do contacted that guy ...and i think 14 others in the team...to tell him to F off to tier 1 and start over again.

Edited by Robbie_T, 19 January 2019 - 03:21 AM.

Oldewolfe #18 Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 513 battles

I play mostly Tier 8, in Randoms, on Weekends and Holidays....     The Worst of the Worst of Times to Play....        And even More Complicated is the Creation of 3/5/7 on my Playground and the Hell it plays on Stat's in general....       Feet to the Fire Gaming....

I don't do alot of Low Tier Basement Playing, I don't care for most of the Tanks there for starters....       I do Platoon with New and Newish Players to help them more than me.....          I didn't even have alot of Low Tier Tanks until Xmas added a Few to my Garage and the Twitch Prime Offers that added 2 More....

So I understand Limited Play and how it Effects Stats and the Perception you may or may not know what you're doing....         I played my first nearly 10K Battles at Tier 6 and Below, Grinding Free to Play on 50% Crews....      It Sucked back then, it's Worse now.....          I try to Avoid it if I can, but I can't just let the New Players Muddle about on their Own or they'll never Stay....

I'm not a Great Player, I don't claim to be, but I do have a Fair Idea of what I am doing and how to do it...       I also have the Worst Luck imaginable when it comes to Tanks.....     But I Play Better in the Upper Tiers than I do the Lower and my Newer Tanks have Better Numbers than any of my Older Tanks do....      Most other Players won't see or even Know any of that, they just know what they See and WG is working of that thru the Year by Hiding Player Stats.....       So, I just Play and Ignore those that feel the Stats Define the Player.....       

Dr_Blackshark #19 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12628 battles

Well the arrogant ,,good" players are statpadding in tier 6, because it's the first decent tier with good tanks, and you can match with relatively new players whom they can farm dmg on, thus get good stats and wn8. The higher their wn8 is, the more arrogant they get. There are scientific publishes and calculations about this, i'm sure about it.

End of story.

Don't let the bother you. A simple right click and ignore will do the trick for you. Just enjoy playing and don't let anyone ruin your mood. Keep up the good work, m8.

LordMuffin #20 Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postxtrem3x, on 18 January 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

It confuses me too.

Because they play for fun?

Personally I always found T10 disgustingly boring, so I never really played it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users