MM matchmaking rating wn8

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MrRightt #1 Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14944 battles
  • [1-OB] 1-OB

How about WG make MM with WN8 leagues, I mean just make leagues?
Like in LOL, and other games?

That can solve things with pros and average players?

What about that guys?
What you think guys, that can solve problems with bots which are too obvious in game..
I mean on real bots not on people playing bad..

I just got this idea, didnt thought much about it how that can work actually..

And to switch from WOT rating to WN8..

This is not about MM it is about making leagues..

WoT_RU_Doing #2 Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostMrRightt, on 19 January 2019 - 06:37 AM, said:

How about WG make MM with WN8 leagues, I mean just make leagues?
Like in LOL, and other games?

That can solve things with pros and average players?

What about that guys?
What you think guys, that can solve problems with bots which are too obvious in game..
I mean on real bots not on people playing bad..

I just got this idea, didnt thought much about it how that can work actually..

And to switch from WOT rating to WN8..

This is not about MM it is about making leagues..

WG call it Ranked Battles. MM for random battles doesn't take any skill rating into account, which is one of the reasons it's called random.

BR33K1_PAWAH #3 Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Bots.

Bots are everywhere.

LordMuffin #4 Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
As long as you don't use wn8 or PR it is possible.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Leagues are the worst and most boring kind of skillbased MM and WN8 is a pretty bad rating.

Sooo... no, thanks.

Edited by Jigabachi, 19 January 2019 - 09:05 AM.

mtnm #6 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3367 battles
But all the good players will get to kill only 2 tanks per game instead of 6 like now. Is that fair for all the time they spent learning the game ?

LordMuffin #7 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJigabachi, on 19 January 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Leagues are the worst and most boring kind of skillbased MM and WN8 is a pretty bad rating.

Sooo... no, thanks.

League or rating based Matchmaker is the only sbmm that makes sense. 

And it is the type of system used in literary every competetive sport (both virtual and real).

Jigabachi #8 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLordMuffin, on 19 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

League or rating based Matchmaker is the only sbmm that makes sense. 

And it is the type of system used in literary every competetive sport (both virtual and real).

In a real sport it makes sense. Here... not so much. It would just make things more boring and kill variation. It's the mix of players that brings fun, it just needs to be somewhat balanced.

Edited by Jigabachi, 19 January 2019 - 09:43 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #9 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
It would absolutely kill anyone who plays for stats, and win-rates within each bracket would tend towards 50% (if you're better/worse, you get moved to your level, so you still get a 50% winrate). So WN8 would fast become redundant. You might say "but it's based on damage etc. - well without the super skilled players killing them, even a bad player will get an occasional game with 6 or 14 kills. I don't really care about my stats (you can tell by looking at them), so that aspect doesn't bother me too much, but it'd meet huge resistance if WG tried to do it. On the other hand, as I said before, they do Ranked Battles, and I mostly don't enjoy playing them vs playing in Random Battles.

LordMuffin #10 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJigabachi, on 19 January 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

In a real sport it makes sense. Here... not so much. It would just make things more boring and kill variation. It's the mix of players that brings fun, it just needs to be somewhat balanced.

A sbmm that mixes players of all skill so both teams are somewhat equal in skill is a terrible system.

It is just a way to punish above average players by always giving them worse team mates then average in every battle they play. 

While a below average player will always get an above average player in his/her team.

It makes sense in every virtual and real game that wants some kind of competetiveness. And if you don't want competitiveness you should not include skill at all, like currently is the case.

gpalsson #11 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 23525 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Every time WG have tried to introduce skill based MM in any way in WoT most people have hated it. It is just not very fun.

So no thanks.

Slyspy #12 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14252 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLordMuffin, on 19 January 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

A sbmm that mixes players of all skill so both teams are somewhat equal in skill is a terrible system.

It is just a way to punish above average players by always giving them worse team mates then average in every battle they play. 

While a below average player will always get an above average player in his/her team.

It makes sense in every virtual and real game that wants some kind of competetiveness. And if you don't want competitiveness you should not include skill at all, like currently is the case.

What problem would leagues be addressing?

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21640 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 19 January 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

Every time WG have tried to introduce skill based MM in any way in WoT most people have hated it. It is just not very fun.

So no thanks.

Plenty of people play advances and ranked battle mode, when it's available.

etody77 #14 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68039 battles
  • [3-FOI] 3-FOI

I proposed thiesame thing 1 year ago...and the reaction was the same

not many people want to have leagues...because...it's easier to be a good player fighting against noobs than against players with same skills...

And ranked battles are only for tier 10 gold spammers...i did not played last 2 seasons because the rewards are to small for free players using standard ammo

LordMuffin #15 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49165 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSlyspy, on 19 January 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

What problem would leagues be addressing?

Some toxicity. 

And it would create a competetive environment. 

If a competetive environment is wanted that is.

unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18883 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

The OP is right.

He didnt give his idea any thought.

Leagues work for a single entity. That can be a simgle person or it can be a team such as a footbal team, or a clan. It would not work for  players in random battles because they are not playing as individuals,  nor are they playing as part of a single team. They get switched into a different team with each new battle. 

Leagues in WoT would be like taking the whole of the Premier League players and creating a pool of players that are then randomly divided into 20 teams for that weekends fixtures. And the following week, they would all be mixed up again. At the end of the season, who has won the league? Not the team, because there hasnt been a constant team. So it must be down to individual players, whose stats are going to be based on what? Number of wins? Points earned for number of kills? Or amount of damage done or blocked? or vehicles spotted? What figures would it be fair to apply in order to give a true reflection of a players rating based upon the different tanks a player might choose for their battles? What about number of battles played?

Because there is still going to battles that are determined by the type of vehicles, combined with the map, combined with the players own skills in their vehicle and its suitability for a particular map. 

And leagues implies a relegation and promotion system, so the stats system has to be 100% watertight, otherwise there are going to be complaints about players manipulating their stats unfairly etc. Not to mention the complaints from players relegated because of the failure of their team etc.

A league system is theoretically possible, but it would need a lot of planning, a lot of coding, could potentially mean a lot of waiting for battles, and my guess is, it might please some, but it wont please all players. 

WoT_RU_Doing #17 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 19 January 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Leagues in WoT would be like taking the whole of the Premier League players and creating a pool of players that are then randomly divided into 20 teams for that weekends fixtures. And the following week, they would all be mixed up again. At the end of the season, who has won the league? Not the team, because there hasnt been a constant team. So it must be down to individual players, whose stats are going to be based on what? Number of wins? Points earned for number of kills? Or amount of damage done or blocked? or vehicles spotted? What figures would it be fair to apply in order to give a true reflection of a players rating based upon the different tanks a player might choose for their battles? What about number of battles played?

You and I clearly don't have the same understanding of the rules in Premier League football. I'd have gone for maybe wins and goals etc. Your version sounds like it's not suitable for prime time TV.

ApocalypseSquad #18 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27067 battles
Hey OP.  Feel free to take a look at any of the hundreds of other posts on this forum expounding this idea, where it is explained at length why it is a bad one.

unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18883 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 19 January 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

You and I clearly don't have the same understanding of the rules in Premier League football. I'd have gone for maybe wins and goals etc. Your version sounds like it's not suitable for prime time TV.

Yeah, I seemed to have been describing football, but then jumped to describing the basis for stats from WoT. I got a bit ahead of my own thinking.

The point was that leagues are based on teams or on individuals. If battles were 1v1 a league would work, but as WoT is team v team results are determined by more than just the individual's skill, so its harder to come up with a totally fair system of positioning a player in a league. Players who drop down in the league would complain it is because the teams were unbalanced in some way, much as they do now when their win rate drops. WoT does not have constant teams in randoms. So there are too many variables that need to be factored in when trying to design a league system. It could work in a Clan War type format, where a team can be fairly constant, and would play the same number of battles as every other team in a season and against every other team in that league, with the whole clan team ( or maybe a clan could run multiple teams with player registered to that team) being promoted or relegated at the end of the season, but how do you work it for individuals? Players would not play the same number of battles as each other, would not play with or against every other player, so stats would have to reflect that and the different classes they play. 

I would think that the complains and rants with such a system would make the current forum look like a place full of satisfied players. 

Steeleye_Spam #20 Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31053 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
How about NO. For all the reasons given in the last dozen threads on this topic.

Also tagged with MM, matchmaking, rating, wn8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users