• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

AliceUnchained #41 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostYOHIO_BG, on 19 January 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Because the food is useless and doesn't work properly. So I removed it.

And your point is? You stated 511 m view range, which was shown to be incorrect when viewing the replay. But rather than focus on this nitpick, just go over Baldrickk's post again and again until you get it. Until you can accept you do not understand the spotting system currently, and use his post to actually try and learn.

Given the recent experience with you claiming to understand the spotting system, I will bite anyway: what seems to be the problem with the premium consumable?

View PostYOHIO_BG, on 19 January 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

Because the problems I mentioned happened when I was using it. After being unable to spot a heavy tank at short distance with 511 view range, I decided it's pointless to pay 20 000 silver for something useless and I removed it. Not to mention it doesn't properly in general. With food the dispersion becomes 0.36 when it should become 0.33.

How exactly do you arrive at the conclusion it should be 0.33? Do I really have to do simple math for you? The Strv S1 has 0,40 accuracy for a 100% gunner, which effectively is 0,39 as a 100% commander will push the gunner to 110%. Keep in mind however, that the Strv S1 has TWO gunners: the commander and the driver. Averaging both with Vents, BIA, and food (120% and 132%) results in 126%, which gives us ~0,359897 accuracy. Or 0,36 as is shown in garage.

Edit: To add, based on Homer his post: a +10% primary crew skill increase does NOT give a +10% vehicle performance increase. The only exception is equipment which gives a direct boost to vehicle parameters, like Coated Optics (+10% view range).

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 19 January 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Yeah sure, the spotting systems is working fine when you can RAM an unspotted tank.

And surely this happens only when you don't have a replay showing it, right?

Edited by AliceUnchained, 19 January 2019 - 10:56 PM.

Homer_J #42 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30786 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAliceUnchained, on 19 January 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Given the recent experience with you claiming to understand the spotting system, I will bite anyway: what seems to be the problem with the premium consumable?

He has made another thread explaining how he does not understand how crew skills work.

He expects 5% skill level to give a 5% increase in view range and thinks WG is cheating him out of half of it.

AliceUnchained #43 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostHomer_J, on 19 January 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

He has made another thread explaining how he does not understand how crew skills work.

He expects 5% skill level to give a 5% increase in view range and thinks WG is cheating him out of half of it.

I suspected as much. In any case, I've given OP the calculation in my previous post. Most likely he'll dismiss it as easily as he did the very good explanation by Baldrickk on spotting.

Soup_Potato #44 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Post_Flagada_Jones_, on 19 January 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Yeah sure, the spotting systems is working fine when you can RAM an unspotted tank.

You have actual proof of that or just the usual crap you keep posting in every thread?

DIREWOLF75 #45 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11667 battles

View PostSoup_Potato, on 20 January 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

You have actual proof of that or just the usual crap you keep posting in every thread?

Well, i just witnessed it again.

El Halluf map.   Playing Lorraine 155 51, standing slightly south from northeast corner, ally SU-14-2 almost in corner.   Near end of game, fairly bad loss, so just us 2 arty left on our side, with our only allies left across the map around enemy base.

And i'm busy trying to move, when suddenly an enemy appears next to my ally arty.

As in, my ally should have seen him driving up the hill, and i should have seen him drive at least the last 50+m from top of the hill to the corner...   But i didn't.   In fact, when he appeared, he was behind the SU-14-2, at the very edge of the map and within meters from the corner, so i couldn't even fire at him without hitting my ally.

And the same moment HE appeared, the other enemy coming uphill became visible.   And i know where those tanks came from because it's less than 40s since i shot at them as they were busy destroying our teams last defense towards west.

Yes, there's that little shrubbery on top of the hill, which i was behind a minute earlier, but then backed away from as enemies were closing in, was maybe halfway from the shrub to the map edge when it happened.

Also very notable, NEITHER ENEMY FIRED at either me or my ally until after they became visible.   At which point the enemy behind my ally was literally scraping side against side with it.   1m closer to me and he would have rammed my ally instead.   After they became visible, it took only a few seconds before my ally was destroyed, just enough for me to turn to try to aim at the close enemy, and get destroyed before i had time to shoot, ie a few seconds more.

The tank that got up to ramming distance was a T-54 light, the one coming uphill behind him was a M4A1 Revalorise.

And no, i don't save replays at all so don't hold your breath for it.

00:46 Added after 4 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 19 January 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'm pretty certain of the answer but I will ask anyway.....

Do you have a replay?

No, because i have never had a good enough reason to learn how it works, and i also have reasons to not want it on my OS drive and i didn't find any option to change where it saves replays when i looked so again, lack of need means i don't care enough about it to bother with it any more.

Soup_Potato #46 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostDIREWOLF75, on 20 January 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

From now on people like you need to post this at the start of the comment. Luckily I got through 2 lines when I expected that there won't be a replay. Give me some more stories about you not understanding the spotting mechanics or not knowing how the terrain is on El Halluf.

And maybe you should start saving the replays. At least for a few days since you seem to encounter such weird phenomenons. They don't take that much space and it takes less than a minute to delete them after your session...

Edited by Soup_Potato, 20 January 2019 - 06:11 AM.

Baldrickk #47 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31940 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Well, i just witnessed it again.

El Halluf map.   Playing Lorraine 155 51, standing slightly south from northeast corner, ally SU-14-2 almost in corner.   Near end of game, fairly bad loss, so just us 2 arty left on our side, with our only allies left across the map around enemy base.

And i'm busy trying to move, when suddenly an enemy appears next to my ally arty.

As in, my ally should have seen him driving up the hill, and i should have seen him drive at least the last 50+m from top of the hill to the corner...   But i didn't.   In fact, when he appeared, he was behind the SU-14-2, at the very edge of the map and within meters from the corner, so i couldn't even fire at him without hitting my ally.

And the same moment HE appeared, the other enemy coming uphill became visible.   And i know where those tanks came from because it's less than 40s since i shot at them as they were busy destroying our teams last defense towards west.

Yes, there's that little shrubbery on top of the hill, which i was behind a minute earlier, but then backed away from as enemies were closing in, was maybe halfway from the shrub to the map edge when it happened.

Also very notable, NEITHER ENEMY FIRED at either me or my ally until after they became visible.   At which point the enemy behind my ally was literally scraping side against side with it.   1m closer to me and he would have rammed my ally instead.   After they became visible, it took only a few seconds before my ally was destroyed, just enough for me to turn to try to aim at the close enemy, and get destroyed before i had time to shoot, ie a few seconds more.

The tank that got up to ramming distance was a T-54 light, the one coming uphill behind him was a M4A1 Revalorise.

No, because i have never had a good enough reason to learn how it works, and i also have reasons to not want it on my OS drive and i didn't find any option to change where it saves replays when i looked so again, lack of need means i don't care enough about it to bother with it any more.

"Never had any reason" apart from having questions about what is going on,  and nothing to show for it,  despite having been asked multiple times now for a replay.

They are only small,  turn them on. 

Or at least have it set to save last. You can then copy it somewhere or upload it when something 'interesting' happens. 

Until then: replay or it didn't happen

I'm sure,  as it happens so often,  it won by take you long to get proof. 

I'm waiting

Jigabachi #48 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Watching it to learn how things work? Watching it to debunk what you think you saw? Saving it to use it when you once again posted some nonsense about weird things happening in your matches?

If those reasons aren't good enoughh, then why did you bother to post here?

Baldrickk #49 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31940 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If he doesn't do replays because he's worried that people will see his gameplay, I have a suprise for him:
http://wotreplays.eu...at.desc/page/1/

Edited by Baldrickk, 20 January 2019 - 10:33 AM.

SABAOTH #50 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

It's nice to see an OP getting acknowledged of the mistakes and reasoning with whom explains him the mechanics.

Ahhh I love constructive threads, my faith in Humanity is restored. :girl:

AliceUnchained #51 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostSABAOTH, on 20 January 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

It's nice to see an OP getting acknowledged of the mistakes and reasoning with whom explains him the mechanics.

Ahhh I love constructive threads, my faith in Humanity is restored. :girl:

Except OP here doesn't reason, and still believes spotting is broken. And also believes food is broken.

In other words, you're full of it.

LordMuffin #52 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
While spotting system haven't changed for a long time.
The 1.0 remade bushes, placement of them etc which in turn have effected how spotting and camo plays out.
Some bushes in game currently give insane amount of camo while other ones, which looks visually denser, gives close to nothing (or have camo-box issues).

I think, that with 1.0, bushes in general where buffed quite a lot (in general giving more camo).

This I believe to be issues.
The increase in amount of camo given by bushes/trees etc.
The sometimes randomness of amount of camo a bush gives, and that it doesn't correlate with visual density of bush.

I would like a general nerf to the amount of how much camo bushes give and reduce benefit of multiple stacking bushes.

m1x_angelico #53 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23744 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

One of the few constructive threads :)

Saw the replay. Nothing strange there. To my knowledge that is how the spotting system is supposed to work. Even if OP does not welcome it, at least some other players will ahve the opporunity to read and improve their understanding of the game.

If, on the other hand, OP is talking about the spotting system not being good in his opinion, that's a whole different animal. IMO the only stupid thing is bushes with no or very little camo value. Yes, I know, you will tell me, that is realistic. But we are talking about an arcade, not realistic game.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 20 January 2019 - 12:35 PM.

AliceUnchained #54 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 38955 battles
  • [322] 322
Dear OP, where has thou gone?

Simeon85 #55 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 20 January 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

While spotting system haven't changed for a long time.
The 1.0 remade bushes, placement of them etc which in turn have effected how spotting and camo plays out.
Some bushes in game currently give insane amount of camo while other ones, which looks visually denser, gives close to nothing (or have camo-box issues).

I think, that with 1.0, bushes in general where buffed quite a lot (in general giving more camo).

This I believe to be issues.
The increase in amount of camo given by bushes/trees etc.
The sometimes randomness of amount of camo a bush gives, and that it doesn't correlate with visual density of bush.

I would like a general nerf to the amount of how much camo bushes give and reduce benefit of multiple stacking bushes.

Yeh this.

I'd definitely say there are a few bugged bushes out there, like the one on Live Oaks we saw the T-100 do some funky things (and bush is being generous to what is essentially reeds) and there was the one on Paris.

Overall I'd say most concealment in game is now giving max levels of camo, whereas previously most did not and more tended to be on the 'light' side. 

Though I knew pretty instantly that the OP was double bushing, those Swedish TD players I see are almost always double bushing and not on purpose. 

You also have to laugh at a Swedish TD player complaining about spotting. 

I agree with Muffin though, all bushes should be nerfed to give a lot lower level of camo, avoiding being spotted whilst firing should be down to knowledge and awareness, not just default because very bush is giving like a 100% camo bonus. 

Edited by Simeon85, 21 January 2019 - 10:00 AM.

m1x_angelico #56 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23744 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Block Quote

You also have to laugh at a Swedish TD player complaining about spotting. 

Yes, there is something oddly ironic about this  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users