• Player
  • 3950 battles
http://wotreplays.eu...ci39-object_257

Unangwata #23 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

I am not best tanker but somehow in 100 games with Object 257 I managed to 60% win ratio, which is more than my other tanks. I would advise you to learn/use sidescrapping with it. It has hull in V shape that means sides are angled and it is eaasy to bounce with them, sometimes even when shot at 90 directly from the sides. It has good spot range that can be used as well if enhanced, if not for win then for extra xp since you will be getting it more often from shared spot.

hide lower plate it's the weakest. If no way to sidescrape keep it frontally to opponents because front is angled also V shape, so moving your tank to the side would expose part of frontal armor, and move forward and backards to make it difficult for enemy tanks to hit your lower plate if no cover.

Whenever you can expose turret only which is 350mm, like hiding behind dead tanks, rubble, etc.

Push often when top or same tier while using cover to intimidate players and close range. Sight of that tank moving in is sometimes enough to cause stir. 

And don't listen that damage is win rate, it may be true for td but not necessary heavies. Win rate is strategic decisions which is not always relevant to damage dealt. You may sometimes tactically draw attention and hold number of advancing tanks while your team flanks them, etc. You won't do much damage but making decisions can help your team win.

Edited by Unangwata, 21 January 2019 - 03:43 PM.

Unangwata #24 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View Postgucci39, on 21 January 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

You play better than me with 3x less games played. You are just unlucky. If you play more and fully upgrade tank win ratio will go up I assure you.

JocMeister #25 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25724 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postgucci39, on 21 January 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Paris:

Pretty sure the 277 was annoyed with you being there... then you drive forward with the 277 trying to take on a T32 who is hulldown. You then do nothing for a while? Why aren´t you going up the middle instead? Its pointless trying to take on a hulldown T-10 and T32. You have now shot the T32 mantlet twice. With AP...its 300mm and 0 chance to pen. At least try to hit the cupola.

You are way too passive. You spent quite a lot of time doing nothing in that game. You have decent speed for a HT. Use it. Instead of trying to 1vs1 a hulldown T32 you could have gone up the middle. 

Mannerheim:

Good choice of route. 1st shot a bit of bad luck. 2nd shot you rush for some reason. The 277 had already fired. You should have aimed that. 3rd shot on the 257 same thing. He wasnt even looking at you and the 277 was blocked from shooting you. No need to rush the shot. 

When you accidently track your teammate a "sorry" in chat is always nice...Why did you shoot the E50? Very hard shot (you bounced)  but you had a clear shot on the 130PM who you could have killed.

As I said in my first post you are just too inexperienced with higher tiers. You use the camera pretty well and do look around you which is good. Your aim needs a lot of practice though and you rush shots when you dont need to. You are just inexperienced.

Go back to tier 5-7 and practice. The way you use the camera and generally move around you can probably become a pretty decent player. But that takes practice and playing tier 9 with no experience, bad crews and everything that comes with that is just a bad idea. 

Again, T-34-85 is a fantastic tank to practice with. If you have the M its even better. But stop playing higher tiers. You AND your team are suffering for it.

SABAOTH #26 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Okay I watched a couple of relays and I can tell you few things that you do wrong:

First the good news

• You tend to go to the correct places in the map for an heavy tank
  • You shown to be aware when you need to defend the base if it's getting over run

Now the mistakes

• You tend to stop taking bait for targets while you are  driving in the open, and that's why the enemy shots you a lot
  • You position your tank badly, do not get cover and stand in the position where you are perma spotted
  • You take a lot of risks for pulling a shot completely exposing your tank
  • You don't use your team, rushing alone forward where your teammates cannot support you
  • When you are in contact with the enemy you get too passive, they just shoot you but you are not trying to get shots
  • You sometimes block teammates, that is bad and can cause a loss

The obj is very noob friendly, that;s why you did block 4.000 and 2.000 damage in those replays, but if you were in any other tank you would be destroyed instantly. THe tactic to show the side armor is good for this particular tank as it's the strongest armor, but you should never just sit there hoping they will not penetrate.

What you can improve:

• Use the terrain for cover better, try not to expose so much and don't stop in the open, try to shot when you can retreat to cover, expecially if those shots are hard to hit because there is only few pixels exposed.
  • Try to be aware of your team position: being aggressive is very good, but you had few high caliber TD behind you in one replay, and you rushed too far so they couldn't help you, finidng yourself in a 1 vs 3 situation rather than a 3 vs 3, you would have survived if you were more careful.
  • If you get spotted try to position in a way that your camo can kick in or at least you can spot the shooter
  • When you are in the thinck of it don't get passive, but try to focus fire with your team to get out the enemies
  • Don't go beach on Overlord (there was no in the replays, but just for good measure :P)

Edited by SABAOTH, 21 January 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Discontinued #27 Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles
To the op don't worry I was in the same place as you a while back.

All you need is practice and it will improve over time.

One caveat thought the 257 doesn't seem to have the best gun.

I was just in a toon with a mate before posting and he was fighting another 257 they literally just bounced shot after shot until he ran out of ammo.

I'm no expert on the 257 but it seems to bounce more than it pens.

But that side armour is a freaking joke!

Talk about noob protection lol

gucci39 #28 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3950 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 21 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Paris:

Pretty sure the 277 was annoyed with you being there... then you drive forward with the 277 trying to take on a T32 who is hulldown. You then do nothing for a while? Why aren´t you going up the middle instead? Its pointless trying to take on a hulldown T-10 and T32. You have now shot the T32 mantlet twice. With AP...its 300mm and 0 chance to pen. At least try to hit the cupola.

You are way too passive. You spent quite a lot of time doing nothing in that game. You have decent speed for a HT. Use it. Instead of trying to 1vs1 a hulldown T32 you could have gone up the middle. 

Mannerheim:

Good choice of route. 1st shot a bit of bad luck. 2nd shot you rush for some reason. The 277 had already fired. You should have aimed that. 3rd shot on the 257 same thing. He wasnt even looking at you and the 277 was blocked from shooting you. No need to rush the shot. 

When you accidently track your teammate a "sorry" in chat is always nice...Why did you shoot the E50? Very hard shot (you bounced)  but you had a clear shot on the 130PM who you could have killed.

As I said in my first post you are just too inexperienced with higher tiers. You use the camera pretty well and do look around you which is good. Your aim needs a lot of practice though and you rush shots when you dont need to. You are just inexperienced.

Go back to tier 5-7 and practice. The way you use the camera and generally move around you can probably become a pretty decent player. But that takes practice and playing tier 9 with no experience, bad crews and everything that comes with that is just a bad idea. 

Again, T-34-85 is a fantastic tank to practice with. If you have the M its even better. But stop playing higher tiers. You AND your team are suffering for it.

View PostSABAOTH, on 21 January 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Okay I watched a couple of relays and I can tell you few things that you do wrong:

First the good news

• You tend to go to the correct places in the map for an heavy tank
  • You shown to be aware when you need to defend the base if it's getting over run

Now the mistakes

• You tend to stop taking bait for targets while you are  driving in the open, and that's why the enemy shots you a lot
  • You position your tank badly, do not get cover and stand in the position where you are perma spotted
  • You take a lot of risks for pulling a shot completely exposing your tank
  • You don't use your team, rushing alone forward where your teammates cannot support you
  • When you are in contact with the enemy you get too passive, they just shoot you but you are not trying to get shots
  • You sometimes block teammates, that is bad and can cause a loss

The obj is very noob friendly, that;s why you did block 4.000 and 2.000 damage in those replays, but if you were in any other tank you would be destroyed instantly. THe tactic to show the side armor is good for this particular tank as it's the strongest armor, but you should never just sit there hoping they will not penetrate.

What you can improve:

• Use the terrain for cover better, try not to expose so much and don't stop in the open, try to shot when you can retreat to cover, expecially if those shots are hard to hit because there is only few pixels exposed.
  • Try to be aware of your team position: being aggressive is very good, but you had few high caliber TD behind you in one replay, and you rushed too far so they couldn't help you, finidng yourself in a 1 vs 3 situation rather than a 3 vs 3, you would have survived if you were more careful.
  • If you get spotted try to position in a way that your camo can kick in or at least you can spot the shooter
  • When you are in the thinck of it don't get passive, but try to focus fire with your team to get out the enemies
  • Don't go beach on Overlord (there was no in the replays, but just for good measure :P)

View PostDiscontinued, on 21 January 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

To the op don't worry I was in the same place as you a while back.

All you need is practice and it will improve over time.

One caveat thought the 257 doesn't seem to have the best gun.

I was just in a toon with a mate before posting and he was fighting another 257 they literally just bounced shot after shot until he ran out of ammo.

I'm no expert on the 257 but it seems to bounce more than it pens.

But that side armour is a freaking joke!

Talk about noob protection lol

Thank you guys for the tips you gave. So much appreciated! I'll try to improve myself, but sadly, after every game im losing credits.. Which is so bad :(

SABAOTH #29 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postgucci39, on 21 January 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Thank you guys for the tips you gave. So much appreciated! I'll try to improve myself, but sadly, after every game im losing credits.. Which is so bad :(

It's because you don't have a premium account and you play high tiers.

Maybe try posting some tier 5 - 6 replay, you will see the difference, we can advice and meanwhile you will make credits.

Also tagged with advice, tier, gameplay, obj. 257, object 257

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users