• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Buki_2K #1 Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3936 battles
  • [PATKA] PATKA

Hello everyone,

Lately I've hit a bit of a slump, or at least I feel that way. I reached Tier IX on my Japanese heavies (favorite line so far), but I feel like I'm not good enough mechanically yet to focus solely on going for the X.

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a good line to go after, doesn't have to be a heavy line, hopefully my current tanks can help as I have started quite a bit of things, but just don't know enough about all the lines in the game and I'm unsure what to pursue.

Here are tanks that I own at the moment of writing, sorted by tiers:

IX: Type 4 Heavy

VIII: O-Ho, IS-6 (rental)

VI: M4A3E2, Hummel

V: KV-1, Stug III G, Chaffee

IV: Chi-He

III: SU-76M, T-29

II: MKA

As I said, hopefully my current available tanks and my current stats could help you in helping me.

Cheers, good luck and have fun in your games.

Edited by Buki_2K, 19 January 2019 - 06:26 PM.

MindCrack #2 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16680 battles
  • [LQL] LQL
I would go towards the Russian Heavy line (The good one- IS7, Obj277), since pretty much every tank in the line is good and after the IS3 you can choose between the T-10 or Obj 257 which are both good tanks. The USA medium line is also full of good tanks

Buki_2K #3 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3936 battles
  • [PATKA] PATKA

View PostMindCrack, on 19 January 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

I would go towards the Russian Heavy line (The good one- IS7, Obj277), since pretty much every tank in the line is good and after the IS3 you can choose between the T-10 or Obj 257 which are both good tanks. The USA medium line is also full of good tanks

Okay, so you suggest continuing the KV line, thanks for the advice :honoring:

Dava_117 #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20900 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBuki_2K, on 19 January 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

Lately I've hit a bit of a slump, or at least I feel that way. I reached Tier IX on my Japanese heavies (favorite line so far), but I feel like I'm not good enough mechanically yet to focus solely on going for the X.

I was wondering if someone could recommend me a good line to go after, doesn't have to be a heavy line, hopefully my current tanks can help as I have started quite a bit of things, but just don't know enough about all the lines in the game and I'm unsure what to pursue.

Here are tanks that I own at the moment of writing, sorted by tiers:

IX: Type 4 Heavy

VIII: O-Ho, IS-6 (rental)

VI: M4A3E2, Hummel

V: KV-1, Stug III G, Chaffee

IV: Chi-He

III: SU-76M, T-29

II: MKA

As I said, hopefully my current available tanks and my current stats could help you in helping me.

Cheers, good luck and have fun in your games.

Considering your low battle count, you clearly rushed a lot the tiers. Higher tiers have usually far more experienced players.

You should probably make some experience at mid tier. Tier 6-7 are the best IMO because tanks already have specializations but repair cost are affordable and gameplay is more relaxed.

Drop the Jap HT line. Is stupid and don't teach anything useful. Armour layout doesn't allows fine angling and the derpguns doesn't teach you how to use penetrators do deal damage.

If you like HTs, the german HTs (especially Maus line) and soviet HT on the IS-4 line are the best to learn about angling your tank to bounce even top tier premium rounds.

IS-7 lines is also quite good for novice. Armour works on it's own and is based a lot on RNG, but the tanks on the line pack some good mobility too.

If you prefere more mobile game play, ypu can't go wrong with soviet med with 430U more based on armour while Obj140 and T-62A are based on mobility and DPM.

Also USA MTs are generally looked at as good.

BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

TYPE 5 HEAVY

The best tonk for you. Trust me.

Black_Coyote #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16342 battles
  • [ATBRO] ATBRO
Kv line is the way to succes. But if you like arty ... Hummel line is ok.

SABAOTH #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Tiger 2 is OP.

If you want to be challenged, any russian line is Underpowered, expecially medium lines :coin:

Quintuss #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29239 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

Don't make it dependend on what you have in the garage - rather on some long term goals. When going for a tier 8 you'll barely see a difference in battles needed wether you start at tier 5 or tier 1.

As new player i highly recommend you start working on the personal missions: those will provide a lot of silver (and premium consumables that are basically silver too). The Stug4 missions are easy enough that with the right tank they just "happen". T28 HTC missions will come rather fast too once you have a bigger garage and learned the basics.

I would focus purely on russian tanks for a while due to crews and ease of grinding:

1. the russian tech tree is big so that if you dislike once heavy or med line you can just drive the other - with your crew getting better and better.

2. the russian tech tree has very few turds - you can level up slowly with usually a competitive tank.

3. the russiam tech tree has a LOT of good tanks - if you look at a list of what is considered "top" basically 50% are russian tanks.

OMG_Abaddon #9 Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10168 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP
T110E5. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users