Jump to content


T-10 vs Obj 430 Which Deserves The Crew? (Bonus Q. T-10 vs Obj. 257)


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: T-10 vs Obj 430 (24 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which Would You Consider More Fun And A Game Changer?

  1. T-10 (6 votes [25.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

  2. Obj 430 (18 votes [75.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Which Of These Would You Consider The Better Tank?

  1. T-10 (5 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

  2. Obj. 257 (5 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25612 battles
  • 4,784
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Hi all,

 

Ok so I noticed I already have an excellent crew for my marathon tank SU 130 PM. This means I now have an pretty good BIA crew with skill I can use to resurrect one of my tanks from the keeper corner of my garage which I would have once liked but moved crew to their tier 10 counterparts once the time came or stuck them somewhere else. I use to really like the T-10 when I played it but that was a long while ago so don't know how it fairs now. 

                   I also enjoyed the Obj 430 but what annoyed me about that tank was that it caught fire a hell of a lot and it was somewhat snooker whenever it got a map or situation in which it had to fight big armored tanks with no relocation options at hand since unlike the T-10, the Obj 430 only has a pretty sad 270 pen which simply won't get the job done against many big armored tanks frontally nor has it the gun accuracy to reliably pick off a cupola plus APCR is really bouncy so anything other than the exact middle of a cupola or a nice flat bit of armor and it tends to ping off. The T-10 however comes pen almost as good as that but as standard ammo and when confronted with big armored hulks, it can burn some HEAT very effectively through those tanks with 340 pen. That means the T-10 always has a punch it can throw and is always a factor in every single battle it fights in.

 

But what about the fun factor? I can't remember which is more fun, maybe you guys can.

 

 

Being a medium or heavy is not a deciding factor here it's purely about the fun and I'd find both very similar in that regards so it's not a case of "do you prefer mediums or heavies" as these tanks not really a typical medium nor a typical heavy and similar in many ways.

 

Also, I already have these tanks so I'm not short of any, it's just I have a crew to spare and want to get one of these 2 back on the road.

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by TungstenHitman, 20 January 2019 - 11:24 AM.


bokbiertjes #2 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4696 battles
  • 269
  • [F_A_F] F_A_F
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012
T-10

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 52975 battles
  • 3,536
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

While the T-10 is very effective and good fun, it's armour is highly suspect, which for a tier IX heavy means you need to think quite hard about where you put it and how you angle it. The T-10 speed is also good so there is a real balance to be decided on each match between the team line ups and the map whether to grab an advanced position. Over extending in the T-10 and coming to grief can be an issue.

 

The object 430 has idiot proof armour and is a bit slow for a medium. Resulting in gameplay where you will not make early mistakes or lose hp early. It has alot of endgame carry potential.

 

I have sold the the T-10 having researched the IS7 and the 277.

 

Although I have bought the Object 430U I have kept the Object 430 for platooning at tier IX.

 



FatigueGalaxy #4 Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20348 battles
  • 2,191
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
I cry every time I see females wasted as loaders, drivers or radio-operators.

DeadLecter #5 Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27561 battles
  • 1,092
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
One of them leads to the most OP TX med and other one leads to a good heavy tank. I think the choice is pretty clear.

Edited by DeadLecter, 19 January 2019 - 08:44 PM.


TungstenHitman #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25612 battles
  • 4,784
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Wow, that's a landslide in favor of the Obj 430. Never to take your input lightly I put the crew in that tank. It was one of those tanks that regardless of 9 kill battles and such, to my amazement I hadn't actually aced it yet. So I immediately rectified that with a 9k combined which was still tricky since it was a top tier battle for me. Animal of a tank it really is. Crude, unrefined and very Russian.

 

Thanks for the input guys, I dedicate this ace to you... even made 50k profit :)

 

 

 



TungstenHitman #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:56 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25612 battles
  • 4,784
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

I also unlocked the second gun for the T-54 option, the DPM HEAT spamming gun. It's ok, had to work my arse off for the win with a big carry with it. I didn't make 50k I made 2k, I guess that's the difference but I like the playstyle choice anyway. RASHA!

 



JocMeister #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:35 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25843 battles
  • 2,429
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 January 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hi all,

 

Ok so I noticed I already have an excellent crew for my marathon tank SU 130 PM. This means I now have an pretty good BIA crew with skill I can use to resurrect one of my tanks from the keeper corner of my garage which I would have once liked but moved crew to their tier 10 counterparts once the time came or stuck them somewhere else. I use to really like the T-10 when I played it but that was a long while ago so don't know how it fairs now. 

                   I also enjoyed the Obj 430 but what annoyed me about that tank was that it caught fire a hell of a lot and it was somewhat snooker whenever it got a map or situation in which it had to fight big armored tanks with no relocation options at hand since unlike the T-10, the Obj 430 only has a pretty sad 270 pen which simply won't get the job done against many big armored tanks frontally nor has it the gun accuracy to reliably pick off a cupola plus APCR is really bouncy so anything other than the exact middle of a cupola or a nice flat bit of armor and it tends to ping off. The T-10 however comes pen almost as good as that but as standard ammo and when confronted with big armored hulks, it can burn some HEAT very effectively through those tanks with 340 pen. That means the T-10 always has a punch it can throw and is always a factor in every single battle it fights in.

 

But what about the fun factor? I can't remember which is more fun, maybe you guys can.

 

 

Being a medium or heavy is not a deciding factor here it's purely about the fun and I'd find both very similar in that regards so it's not a case of "do you prefer mediums or heavies" as these tanks not really a typical medium nor a typical heavy and similar in many ways.

 

Also, I already have these tanks so I'm not short of any, it's just I have a crew to spare and want to get one of these 2 back on the road.

 

Spoiler

 

 

I love tier 9 MTs...but I really, really don´t like the 430.  So for that reason alone I would go with the T-10.

 

 



kaneloon #9 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29632 battles
  • 2,557
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

View PostJocMeister, on 20 January 2019 - 05:35 AM, said:

 

I love tier 9 MTs...but I really, really don´t like the 430.  So for that reason alone I would go with the T-10.

 

 

 

What are your favorite t9 mt then ?



JocMeister #10 Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25843 battles
  • 2,429
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View Postkaneloon, on 20 January 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

 

What are your favorite t9 mt then ?

 

M46 Patton! :)

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25612 battles
  • 4,784
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostJocMeister, on 20 January 2019 - 05:35 AM, said:

 

I love tier 9 MTs...but I really, really don´t like the 430.  So for that reason alone I would go with the T-10.

 

 

 

Ya they're great fun and I'm going to start using them and enjoying them a lot more from now on. I was doing to much grinding instead of just enjoying the great tanks I have. Don't know why I do that, stupid really.

 

 

 

O guys, another question and poll. Since it's cheap crew transfer weekend, maybe I should transfer crew from the Obj. 257 to the T-10? What would you consider to be the better of these two heaviums? I've only had a small few battles with the Obj. 257 so have not yet really built up an opinion or understanding of this tank yet.

 

 

 



Black_Coyote #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16859 battles
  • 52
  • [ATBRO] ATBRO
  • Member since:
    12-22-2017
Obj 430 more versatile than T-10 despite the gun of the T-10 is very good.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31558 battles
  • 3,106
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostTungstenHitman, on 20 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

 

Ya they're great fun and I'm going to start using them and enjoying them a lot more from now on. I was doing to much grinding instead of just enjoying the great tanks I have. Don't know why I do that, stupid really.

 

 

 

O guys, another question and poll. Since it's cheap crew transfer weekend, maybe I should transfer crew from the Obj. 257 to the T-10? What would you consider to be the better of these two heaviums? I've only had a small few battles with the Obj. 257 so have not yet really built up an opinion or understanding of this tank yet.

 

 

 

 If that's the case I'd probably wait until the next crew discount and put in some more time with the 257 so you can make a more informed decision on which you find works best for you and you want to keep.



SABAOTH #14 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40172 battles
  • 3,494
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
T 10 is a heavy medium, so pretty much plays the same role, but better

JOSEBA_PRIME #15 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15136 battles
  • 174
  • [RVNGE] RVNGE
  • Member since:
    01-22-2017

View PostTungstenHitman, on 20 January 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Wow, that's a landslide in favor of the Obj 430. Never to take your input lightly I put the crew in that tank. It was one of those tanks that regardless of 9 kill battles and such, to my amazement I hadn't actually aced it yet. So I immediately rectified that with a 9k combined which was still tricky since it was a top tier battle for me. Animal of a tank it really is. Crude, unrefined and very Russian.

 

Thanks for the input guys, I dedicate this ace to you... even made 50k profit :)

 

 

 

 

I got ace taker on obj430 also yesterday 10 minute before you with 4,2k dmg+4k assist on ruinberg (1500 base exp). Russian number generator was working at that time :)

View PostTungstenHitman, on 20 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

O guys, another question and poll. Since it's cheap crew transfer weekend, maybe I should transfer crew from the Obj. 257 to the T-10? What would you consider to be the better of these two heaviums? I've only had a small few battles with the Obj. 257 so have not yet really built up an opinion or understanding of this tank yet.

 

Give a chance to obj257, you have to keep in Mind your side armour is stronger than front hull armour. This tank is oversidescraping god. You also can trust on your turret and It is russian so gun is hiting every snapshot.

 

Try to make another crew with sixth sense , repairs, bia for T-10. You have x3 crew this weekend + crew boosters. Why to choose between diferent decent russian tanks, if you can enjoy all of them.



Dava_117 #16 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:34 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20903 battles
  • 4,053
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostTungstenHitman, on 20 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

 

Ya they're great fun and I'm going to start using them and enjoying them a lot more from now on. I was doing to much grinding instead of just enjoying the great tanks I have. Don't know why I do that, stupid really.

 

 

 

O guys, another question and poll. Since it's cheap crew transfer weekend, maybe I should transfer crew from the Obj. 257 to the T-10? What would you consider to be the better of these two heaviums? I've only had a small few battles with the Obj. 257 so have not yet really built up an opinion or understanding of this tank yet.

 

 

 

 

257 is trash.

Gun parameters are meh and armour works only against noobs.

T-10 has a far better gun, with excellent penetration and stabilization parameters. I would suggest to go for the T-10.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31558 battles
  • 3,106
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostDava_117, on 20 January 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

257 is trash.

Gun parameters are meh and armour works only against noobs.

 

Effective against 80%+ of the player base then.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20903 battles
  • 4,053
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 January 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

Effective against 80%+ of the player base then.

 

Probably should have said against the braindead. Is one of those tanks that at this point everyone know should be shot only on the upper sides or on the nose...

Edited by Dava_117, 20 January 2019 - 02:43 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users