back after 5 years break - impressions

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RivvenDarke #1 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21721 battles
  • [USMC] USMC

As said in the title i paused for like 5 years and started again playing about 3 weeks ago. Did about 400 games and this is what i noticed (did some statistics):

Improvements:

- graphics have improved a lot

- no lags and disconnects so far

- map balancing also seems to have improved

- vehicle Physics seem to be more realistic now

- chat to enemy Team seems gone? Maybe better that way, was 90% racist Insult anyway

unfortunately a lot more things got worse / remained unchanged:

- it seems armor got quite irrelevant in the game - almost no bounces anymore, seems everyone shoots gold now

- started all the new lines and I must say low tier matchmaking is extremely frustrating. No wonder so many new players quit again early. More than 80% were T6 games and there is no way to do damage in a 75% crew stock med - got oneshotted all the time

- seems the old credo "premium tanks will never be better than maxed out tech tree ones" is totally gone - some are quite OP with multiple of them in almost every game

- additionally the game is full of sealclubbers farming the low Tiers - another reason for the now players to quit

- speaking of sealclubbers - I cant believe that some tanks are still in the game and even being sold. These are always the same - Hetzer, autocannon Luchs, Pz1C, T67, KV220, E25 and at the peak of powercreep the leFH18b2. At least two per game, sometimes 4 or more with an accuracy modern arty can only dream of.

- matchmaking got extremely worse. Was about 70% low Tier and 25% middle tier. Top tier happened maybe once or twice a day   

- Team balancing isnt there. Most of the games were 4 minute losses with 2-15 or the like. I know I was out of practice after these years but most games were impossible to influence for a single player. For example today i played 29 games. 4 wins, 4 draws and 21 losses. Was like this the whole 3 weeks. As i said I made some statistics and the results of the 3 weeks were:

Games played: 378

Wins: 82

Draws: 11

Losses: 285

Conclusion:

I saw the YouTube vid from Quickybaby "is WoT dying?" - Dunno if it is but i can totally understand the decrease of the playerbase. It's - especially for new players - absolutely frustrating. IMHO there must be protection from sealclubbing and a better MM to start with. Will try it for another week but if i aint getting some more fun again I will go back to WoWs. There seems to be put in way more effort to make interesting and tense games instead of the 4-minute-rushes.  

duijm #2 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 48800 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View PostRivvenDarke, on 19 January 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

As said in the title i paused for like 5 years and started again playing about 3 weeks ago. Did about 400 games and this is what i noticed (did some statistics):

Improvements:

- graphics have improved a lot

- no lags and disconnects so far

- vehicle Physics seem to be more realistic now

- chat to enemy Team seems gone? Maybe better that way, was 90% racist Insult anyway

unfortunately a lot more things got worse / remained unchanged:

- it seems armor got quite irrelevant in the game - almost no bounces anymore, seems everyone shoots gold now

- started all the new lines and I must say low tier matchmaking is extremely frustrating. No wonder so many new players quit again early. More than 80% were T6 games and there is no way to do damage in a 75% crew stock med - got oneshotted all the time

- seems the old credo "premium tanks will never be better than maxed out tech tree ones" is totally gone - some are quite OP with multiple of them in almost every game

- additionally the game is full of sealclubbers farming the low Tiers - another reason for the now players to quit

- speaking of sealclubbers - I cant believe that some tanks are still in the game and even being sold. These are always the same - Hetzer, autocannon Luchs, Pz1C, T67, KV220, E25 and at the peak of powercreep the leFH18b2. At least two per game, sometimes 4 or more with an accuracy modern arty can only dream of.

- matchmaking got extremely worse. Was about 70% low Tier and 25% middle tier. Top tier happened maybe once or twice a day   

- Team balancing isnt there. Most of the games were 4 minute losses with 2-15 or the like. I know I was out of practice after these years but most games were impossible to influence for a single player. For example today i played 29 games. 4 wins, 4 draws and 21 losses. Was like this the whole 3 weeks. As i said I made some statistics and the results of the 3 weeks were:

Conclusion:

I saw the YouTube vid from Quickybaby "is WoT dying?" - Dunno if it is but i can totally understand the decrease of the playerbase. It's - especially for new players - absolutely frustrating. IMHO there must be protection from sealclubbing and a better MM to start with. Will try it for another week but if i aint getting some more fun again I will go back to WoWs. There seems to be put in way more effort to make interesting and tense games instead of the 4-minute-rushes.  

You do know we can all check your stats on wot life?

Winrate 48% last weeks!....so only 82 wins? ....not really.

Edited by duijm, 19 January 2019 - 10:29 PM.

FluffyRedFox #3 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 25286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

Block Quote

- it seems armor got quite irrelevant in the game

Quite the opposite actually, through the past 2 years or so there's been a trend of armour inflation, resulting in the "weakspots" of newer tanks having similar thickness of the average pen of the tier, or tanks just completely lacking weakspots (Jap heavies being a good example) so naturally prem ammo will be thrown around a lot more. If premium ammo is a thing that annoys you, you'll be happy to know that premium ammo is being looked at by WG, which you can read more about here.

Block Quote

I'd disagree, with the HD maps in 1.0, a lot of maps became flatter with numerous hulldown spots and base camping spots which in my experiences has made most of the new maps static.

Block Quote

IMHO there must be protection from sealclubbing and a better MM to start with.

There's something like this in place, where newer players are more likely to play against newer players, plus matchmaking doesn't become +2 until tier 4, with tier 3 being changed some time ago to become +/- 1.

Block Quote

Hello and welcome to 3-5-7 matchmaker, yes its terrible. Thankfully the matchmaker is being changed at some point in the future, with a better matchmaking system being tested on the Asia (?) server.

Cannes76 #4 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70874 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

Lying about your winrate is really silly.

With regards to MM and gold ammo: We can only hope that WG gets it right with their upcoming iterations.

Soup_Potato #5 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Postduijm, on 19 January 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

You do know we can all check your stats on wot life?

Winrate 48% last weeks!....so only 82 wins? ....not really.

Seems like he miscalculated the games as well as he has clocked 692 games in last 30 days. It could be a shared account which he got back, or a bought account. Who knows.

Homer_J #6 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSoup_Potato, on 19 January 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Seems like he miscalculated the games as well as he has clocked 692 games in last 30 days. It could be a shared account which he got back, or a bought account. Who knows.

That's probably just wot-life rolling all games since someone last checked his stats prior to those 30 days into the last 30 days.  For some reason all the stats sites do this.

Zoltan1251 #7 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13751 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

"back after 5 years break"

sure sure buddy

Crashzi #8 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6807 battles
Cries about seal clubbers while being one himself LOL that hypocrisy

Soup_Potato #9 Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 19 January 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

That's probably just wot-life rolling all games since someone last checked his stats prior to those 30 days into the last 30 days.  For some reason all the stats sites do this.

You sure about that? I know Noobmeter fails hard on those but never seen wotlife doing that. Also his stats have dropped heavily from the overalls... I took 11 month break and when I came back I was still playing just above 2k for a short while, while overalls were 2,4k. Pretty suspicious that he drops from blunicum to orange for a long time, and also his stats were checked in 2014-2015 in noobmeter so 5 year break seems wrong too. Bought account is my guess.

@OP where you're from btw?

SABAOTH #10 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

You might notice a lot of gold flying around.

That's what I noticed after 1,5 year break :coin:

Bordhaw #11 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostRivvenDarke, on 19 January 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

back after 5 years break - impressions

You do know that most people who will be reading this will already be playing the game and already know all of what you think you've magically made everyone aware of. 

m1x_angelico #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24782 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Agree with most of what you said.

I think WG will introduce some changes soon that will change the gameplay to better (MM, gold ammo, new maps, bug fixes, hardware optimisations, new vehicles, etc.).

Block Quote

I assume this is hyperbole, as we all know this is not even probable and certainly not possible :)

gpalsson #13 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I had a 2 year break, these are my complaints:

1) Missing weakspots on some tanks.

2) Terrible balance within tiers

3) Still not +-1 MM, tier 8 suffers from retarded +2MM

4) Artillery - needs to be removed or reworked again

5) More open maps needed

1 user(s) are reading this topic