Don't Start The Match Until All Players Are In The Game

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Fanste94 #1 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3205 battles
Make the game so that the match doesn't start until all players are in the game, if the time runs out then show a message "Waiting for players", and if one player disconnects before the match starts then the match stops

Soup_Potato #2 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles
`Just to take one of the several approaches to your suggestion. Do you think there wouldn't be griefing happening if that was implemented?

WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51450 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
30 players per battle often with one failing to connect....waiting times would be horrendous and the number of timed-out battles would have many players quit and play something else. Sorry to say that I hope your suggestion never gets implemented.

Homer_J #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFanste94, on 19 January 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Make the game so that the match doesn't start until all players are in the game, if the time runs out then show a message "Waiting for players", and if one player disconnects before the match starts then the match stops

The game already waits until most of the team have loaded in before the 30 second countdown starts.  If you aren't loading in 30 seconds after the majority then you may need to swap your potato for a turnip or even a beetroot.

Robbie_T #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17937 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I do see it lately always one that comes in after 3,4,5 min.

Never happend to me personally closest i ever came was to 10 in the  countdown.

Must be mods or just a verry verry verry bad pc.

But its annoying [edited]hell lose a lot of dpm on your side with that one not loaded in yet.

They must make a system that kick those people out after 5 games of loading in late 24 hour ban.

Lost battles because of that the whole team doing pretty good and you miss your tier 10 heavy for 3/4 of the game and when he dose load in he dont know whats going on and gets killed.

And NO i do not want to wait till he's loaded in ....they can buy a better pc or and  use the right mods.

I have  2 pcs here 1 is 10 year old with minor upgrades in 2013 and still runs wot fine so dont know on what patatoe pc's there running...but buy a new one or a cheap second hand would even be better.

They must make something that the match gets holded he gets kicked and get a new person ...will be much faster..

Losing time on boosters because someone has a ancient pc.

Edited by Robbie_T, 20 January 2019 - 01:19 AM.

OreH75 #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50218 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Why are you posting the same "suggestion"in the suggestion thread and make a seperate topic about them? Make up your mind...

Crow_DK #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:06 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36439 battles
  • [6PDD] 6PDD

View PostFanste94, on 20 January 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Why do you really seriously expect that 29 players should wait further because you have a shitty pc, internet or both?

Players with good internet and nwme discs etc are already waiting 30 secs countdown and typically 5-10 secs more, So you expect them to wait even further because you cant or are too lazy to pay for a proper pc and internet?

BR33K1_PAWAH #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Oh, another thread by my favorite poster.

Hi buddy :)

BlackBloodBandit #9 Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1930 battles
I already get punished for even having those players in my team, which usually are the crap players... no thanks.

evilchaosmonkey #10 Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17212 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

It would be good if they could swap the roster at say 20 seconds with someone in the main queue.

I know they explained why this was near impossible to do, but I can't remember exactly - IIRC something with bundling the team off to a different server than the queue to actually play the game.

But it's not beyond impossible to substitute a name/tank/connection (from a player scored as a stable connector) to client in a few seconds in the team list surely?

Jigabachi #11 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Instead of spamming silly thread after silly thread, can't you just take FIVE minutes to think about what you are going to write? It really isn't that hard.
And you are a stormtrooper cyborg skelleton yedi - you can do it! Use the force brain, Luke Fanste!

Edited by Jigabachi, 20 January 2019 - 11:31 AM.

Baldrickk #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31426 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If you're having this problem,  your PC requires some TLC.

Defrag it at least,  and not with the windows defragger

kubawt112 #13 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

If you can't load in even with the 'grace period' and the countdown, you're basically playing on a toaster. Avoiding the slowest and fastest tanks is probably a good idea on said toaster. Source: I have a toaster, or rather a laptop with a really terrible drive and built-in 'cup heater'.

I'd love to see a feature where several failures to enter a game would lock your account until you can manage to load into e.g. a training room (without a partner, obviously) properly. That is, if it was a problem significant enough to matter, which it probably isn't.

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 20 January 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

It would be good if they could swap the roster at say 20 seconds with someone in the main queue.

I know they explained why this was near impossible to do, but I can't remember exactly - IIRC something with bundling the team off to a different server than the queue to actually play the game.

But it's not beyond impossible to substitute a name/tank/connection (from a player scored as a stable connector) to client in a few seconds in the team list surely?

You likely remember correctly. The servers the matches run on aren't the same as the login servers. That's how you can have a seemingly stable connection to the login server, while the game lags (or vice versa). Neat little trick, since it obscures where the issues actually are (not that you'd want people to ping the servers proper anyway).

Anyway, Their 'architecture' probably won't allow it unless they were to change it significantly. It might not be regarded as a significant problem, if at all, and hence doesn't warrant the risk or work. Can't really blame them for that. I reckon the chance of getting a top-tier tank with the intelligence of a stale walnut is greater than getting an AFK player - and it's questionable who provides the most value. The AFK top-tier tends to make the enemies a bit worried, while Steve suiscouting a minute into the game doesn't.

Edited by kubawt112, 20 January 2019 - 10:34 AM.

SuNo_TeSLa #14 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39639 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
NO, just NO! We're already wasting 25-40 seconds of nothing per game played as it is :izmena:

Baldrickk #15 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31426 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postkubawt112, on 20 January 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

If you can't load in even with the 'grace period' and the countdown, you're basically playing on a toaster. Avoiding the slowest and fastest tanks is probably a good idea on said toaster. Source: I have a toaster, or rather a laptop with a really terrible drive and built-in 'cup heater'.

I'd love to see a feature where several failures to enter a game would lock your account until you can manage to load into e.g. a training room (without a partner, obviously) properly. That is, if it was a problem significant enough to matter, which it probably isn't.

You likely remember correctly. The servers the matches run on aren't the same as the login servers. That's how you can have a seemingly stable connection to the login server, while the game lags (or vice versa). Neat little trick, since it obscures where the issues actually are (not that you'd want people to ping the servers proper anyway).

Anyway, Their 'architecture' probably won't allow it unless they were to change it significantly. It might not be regarded as a significant problem, if at all, and hence doesn't warrant the risk or work. Can't really blame them for that. I reckon the chance of getting a top-tier tank with the intelligence of a stale walnut is greater than getting an AFK player - and it's questionable who provides the most value. The AFK top-tier tends to make the enemies a bit worried, while Steve suiscouting a minute into the game doesn't.

Idk about you, but I wouldn't want to be loaded into a battle to take the place of someone who's gone AFK.

Especially as by the time _you_ load in, even more time has passed where 'you' have been inactive, meaning you're less likely to load into a battle that is still in a winnable position.

Discontinued #16 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

I think, as others have suggested the wait times would be horrendous,

Yes i get that it can be really frustrating,

lets imagine this, you are playing a tier 1,2 or 10 which already have long waiting times and after some minutes pass you get a game, then in the countdown, the game gets cancelled. I think it would spell the death of these tiers if not the game.

If they're on my team I just report them for having dial up :P

Ii like it when there is a disconnect on the enemy team I doubt anyone would complain about that!

Best game ever!

Studzianki (studfarm) map I'm in my m36 Jackson, north spawn, their flank completely collapsed on the right side of the map, I get near the enemy cap and 2 enemy afk, 1 disconnected in the enemy base not to mention a light tank tipped over on his side!

i doubt ill ever get that lucky again, almost like the time I set a T49 on fire whilst he was trying to drown,

anyone else ever set fire to an enemy tank while it was underwater?

kubawt112 #17 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBaldrickk, on 20 January 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

Idk about you, but I wouldn't want to be loaded into a battle to take the place of someone who's gone AFK.

Especially as by the time _you_ load in, even more time has passed where 'you' have been inactive, meaning you're less likely to load into a battle that is still in a winnable position.

War Thunder happens to have this feature, and it's generally terrible. It would be even worse in WoT. Thus it makes more sense to give some sort of penalty to those who go AFK too often or fail to load - if it actually is anywhere near a problem. I doubt it is.

Maybe it could even be a more 'friendly' feature, running the game in safe mode or lowering graphics if you have any trouble... honestly doubt even that is worth the effort.

LordMuffin #18 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49210 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostFanste94, on 20 January 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Then barely any games would be played since at least 1 player is afk for the first few minutes of every game.

wsatnutter #19 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25844 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 19 January 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

The game already waits until most of the team have loaded in before the 30 second countdown starts.  If you aren't loading in 30 seconds after the majority then you may need to swap your potato for a turnip or even a beetroot.

or a mighty sprout

ApocalypseSquad #20 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27072 battles

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 20 January 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

NO, just NO! We're already wasting 25-40 seconds of nothing per game played as it is :izmena:

But it's not "nothing" though.  It's my life, and I have already wasted over 9 days of it waiting to get into the game because some people can't be bothered to get decent hardware.  I really, really resent it.

I am totally against segregated servers for any reason - except this one.  Let's cut the standard battle wait time to 5s, but have a separate server with a longer wait time for those people running inadequate hardware.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users