I just realized why players complain about arty and why are they wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

seXikanac #1 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12644 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-
I just got killed by arty. First severely damaged than killed and guess what. It happened because I was standing where you are supposed to stand if you are good player that know maps and spots. That's main problem with those people complaining about arty. They play like robots, following same paths and positions. If you change your gameplay and move where your enemy don't expect you to be, arty will have to move its aim and will loose time.

I do agree that arty have bit too large splash radius and stun times can be too long in higher tiers, but its far from danger that some people on this forum present it

ValkyrionX #2 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48929 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

View PostseXikanac, on 20 January 2019 - 01:33 AM, said:

I just got killed by arty. First severely damaged than killed and guess what. It happened because I was standing where you are supposed to stand if you are good player that know maps and spots. That's main problem with those people complaining about arty. They play like robots, following same paths and positions. If you change your gameplay and move where your enemy don't expect you to be, arty will have to move its aim and will loose time.

I do agree that arty have bit too large splash radius and stun times can be too long in higher tiers, but its far from danger that some people on this forum present it

you can be as good as you want, move whatever you want, but if an arty player has decided to follow only you, only you will be his target.

even worse, those who use xvm and constantly follow strong players to delete them

p.s the maps are the same for years and the points are foreseeable for everyone

Useless thread

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17253 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Ah, yes, thank you for enlightening us. I won't take my tank to x strong map position, or stop to aim at an enemy tank in front of me, or better yet I should just not get spotted all game and maybe enjoy the lovely scenery at the redline. It's not like I want to win the battle anyway. :rolleyes:

SuedKAT #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The problem is that on most maps there are only so many places you can go and even if you don't follow the normal meta and try and be sneaky it's almost never that big of an issue to adjust the aim to punish you for it.

SABAOTH #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

I agree, complaining is wrong.

I suggest to rework arty so they need only to click the tank once, send it to garage, offline for 1 hour and the crew gets permanently killed so you have to buy a new one.

For balance. :coin:

Robbie_T #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Yep there are places that almost always give a auto hit ..

Like Sandriver that little hill on the left side of the map.

Theres always 2,to 3 skorp G's there doing nothing .

1 time i even hit 4 Tds with one shot.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostseXikanac, on 20 January 2019 - 01:33 AM, said:

So were you the good player that was where they were supposed to be on the map or were you the one playing like a robot following the same paths? I ask because you say being less predictable will make you harder to hit and arty is not that dangerous yet you also say you were where you were supposed to be but got shot and killed.

Your story seems a little confused.

Homer_J #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30437 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I just one-shot a blackdog on Malinovka.  It had been spotted near that awesome spotting bush which everyone uses about 15 seconds before so I thought it was worth a blind punt.

Serves him right for trying. 

seXikanac #9 Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12644 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 January 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

So were you the good player that was where they were supposed to be on the map or were you the one playing like a robot following the same paths? I ask because you say being less predictable will make you harder to hit and arty is not that dangerous yet you also say you were where you were supposed to be but got shot and killed.

Your story seems a little confused.

Yeah, I was trying to see how it to play if I follow those guides and videos how to play some maps in WoT. Didnt liked it much, so far :D
02:15 Added after 5 minutes

View PostValkyrionX, on 20 January 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

you can be as good as you want, move whatever you want, but if an arty player has decided to follow only you, only you will be his target.

even worse, those who use xvm and constantly follow strong players to delete them

p.s the maps are the same for years and the points are foreseeable for everyone

Useless thread

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 20 January 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Ah, yes, thank you for enlightening us. I won't take my tank to x strong map position, or stop to aim at an enemy tank in front of me, or better yet I should just not get spotted all game and maybe enjoy the lovely scenery at the redline. It's not like I want to win the battle anyway. :rolleyes:

View PostSABAOTH, on 20 January 2019 - 01:40 AM, said:

I agree, complaining is wrong.

I suggest to rework arty so they need only to click the tank once, send it to garage, offline for 1 hour and the crew gets permanently killed so you have to buy a new one.

For balance. :coin:

Who would say that there is to much people that play WoT like robots :(

Renesco #10 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23153 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostValkyrionX, on 20 January 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

those who use xvm and constantly follow strong players to delete them

I do this all the time, what is wrong with head-shotting the enemy team's best player?

Soup_Potato #11 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles
Played quite a bit of arty today and it was just amazing how many people just stand still when spotted. They shoot and then just stand there, shoot again and stand there... Such easy targets for arties and I expect such people to be arty whiners as well.

7thSyndicate #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43831 battles

12324 battles

took you a while to realise

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostseXikanac, on 20 January 2019 - 03:09 AM, said:

Yeah, I was trying to see how it to play if I follow those guides and videos how to play some maps in WoT. Didnt liked it much, so far :D

Looking at videos and guides to try to improve is good but it's not just about going to a position and sitting there because the video says you should. You also need be aware of where arty is able to shoot and when in battle you need to keep a watch out for arty shots so you know when they are on reload and you can push. 

If you want to limit damage from arty you don't have to hide, all you need to do is make yourself less of an inviting target than everyone else. Most arty players will go for the easiest shot because with a 30+ reload they don't generally want to waste a shell on a low chance shot.

SABAOTH #14 Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostseXikanac, on 20 January 2019 - 03:09 AM, said:

Who would say that there is to much people that play WoT like robots :(

Sorry we will try to git gud :(

8126Jakobsson #15 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 71146 battles
Hmm. Yeah maybe we should give up map control in order to be more arty safe. I have not thought about it that way before. Thanks op. 

Jigabachi #16 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Playing unpredictably and moving around more instead of standing still is a good advice, indeed, but that still doesn't "fix" the problems around arty. Maps don't provide enough space to move and you have to occupy certain positions to get map control.
Long story short: Good advice, but you obviously don't understand the whole problem.
Bonuspoints for the ridiculously ironic statement where you accuse people of playing like robots.

SABAOTH #17 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostJigabachi, on 20 January 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Playing unpredictably and moving around more instead of standing still is a good advice, indeed, but that still doesn't "fix" the problems around arty. Maps don't provide enough space to move and you have to occupy certain positions to get map control.
Long story short: Good advice, but you obviously don't understand the whole problem.
Bonuspoints for the ridiculously ironic statement where you accuse people of playing like robots.

Well we might be bots like the OP claims :(

However my skills are rising since I can't remember the last time when I missed a single shot in SGP :playing:

Too bad I still suck at tonks since I cannot hit everytime :(

Baldrickk #18 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRenesco, on 20 January 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

I do this all the time, what is wrong with head-shotting the enemy team's best player?

Because without XVM you wouldn't know that they were the best player.

You may not see the problem, but when you're the good player getting focused every battle by people like you, it gets old, fast.

seXikanac #19 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12644 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostBaldrickk, on 20 January 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Because without XVM you wouldn't know that they were the best player.

You may not see the problem, but when you're the good player getting focused every battle by people like you, it gets old, fast.

XVM should be removed from battles

Tom_Deekanarry #20 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9371 battles

Well I don't use XVM so I simply go for the biggest threat to the team which is the Heavies and the high alpha TD's, so if your getting concentrated on it's far more likely that than your perceived notion how "good" you are!

The claim arty is the game breaker it's all edged to be is garbage however,  out of 500 damage I rarely see more than 200 and that IF it hits, you're far more likely to get a crit or "that was close" , that's piffling compared to the ludicrous 800-1000 some tanks are doing whilst bouncing shots off their uber armour!

It's just whiners crying because they're not invincible!

Edited by Tom_Deekanarry, 20 January 2019 - 11:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users