premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Renesco #1 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 22887 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

I was a believer in the WG spiel that premium tanks weren't necessarily better, they were average tanks used for training. Over the years I accumulated a few tier V tanks along the way like the Churchill III, Pz T25, Matilda BP, T14 and Ram II which largely reinforced my belief that WG was telling the truth (although I must admit, Ram II is a very powerful tank as a flanker and T14 is very powerful when top tier)

Now, before I go further, I must tell you I am no tank elitist, I have friends who play WoT that refuse to play below tier VIII as if it were beneath them to participate in plebeian games. I have no such qualms and if you look up my stats you can see I play from tier III to tier X; I also do not believe in judging people for how they play, whether it be a person with tier IX / X endgame preferences or Tier IV sealclubber preferences in a Pz. B2, we are all here for the laff and that's what's important.

Anyway, last year I went up to tier VI premium tanks with Tiger 131, HT. No 6, Type 64 and Strv M42/57 and I found all of these tanks quite strong when they were top tier, but more often than not they were basically cannon fodder for Skorpion Gs and e25s when not, I figured that was the payoff and they made silver regardless so w/e it's not like I put in a lot of effort into my tanking when I'm bottom tier anyway

Then this year I spent 32 euro on boxes in the Christmas event, got a Skorpion G and enough gold to buy a Super Pershing making them my first ever premiums above tier VI and whoa this is a whole new level of p2w, the Skorpion G's gun is like a laser, it is effortless to rack up 2000+ damage in a match with it whereas in my pleb AC48, Charioteer or T28 proto I'd be extremely lucky to get that kind of damage done. The Super Pershing is like the pope-mobile, I have a handful of matches in it, but each match was about 2000+ damage and 2000+ damage blocked, I even made a suicide run into a town in my 3rd match and basically murdered 3 guys before I died (if I had tried that in the normal Pershing, well it would have been hilariously sad). You need little skill to do extremely well in either of these tanks.

Anyway, I think this is bad and WG should feel bad.

Edited by Renesco, 20 January 2019 - 04:52 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Glad to hear you are enjoying your purchases.

captainpigg #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32224 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
Super Pershing OP?:amazed:

SuedKAT #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcaptainpigg, on 20 January 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Well since they buffed it's mobility it's a lot nicer, but OP nah, however he is right that it's a lot better than the regular Pershing, but that's not hard to be.

Edited by SuedKAT, 20 January 2019 - 05:37 AM.

Renesco #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 22887 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostHomer_J, on 20 January 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying your purchases.

Sorry fren, you need more battles than posts to earn a reply, press the battle button a few more times and try again.

View Postcaptainpigg, on 20 January 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Compared to the non-premium Pershing, Centurion and STA-1 which I am used to playing with, yes, it's OP as hell. Only the Centurion comes close but even at that it's about 65%-75% as good as the Super P

Homer_J #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRenesco, on 20 January 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

Sorry fren, you need more battles than posts to earn a reply, press the battle button a few more times and try again.

This is just my forum account as is the trend these days.

BR33K1_PAWAH #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4862 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There is 0 reasons to compare SPershing to Pershing.

It is like comparing KV4 to T-44.

kaneloon #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29455 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

At least nobody dare to say that the Skorp G is not OP.

No surprise we see so many of them all day long.

Isharial #9 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21426 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkaneloon, on 20 January 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

At least nobody dare to say that the Skorp G is not OP.

No surprise we see so many of them all day long.

well I don't know... its hardly OP in my hands :hiding:

I do about the same damage in the so called pleb AC48, but win more... 

either I just click with French tanks or skorp isn't as easy as it seems.... 

AliceUnchained #10 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 38888 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostRenesco, on 20 January 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

Then this year I spent 32 euro on boxes in the Christmas event, got a Skorpion G and enough gold to buy a Super Pershing making them my first ever premiums above tier VI and whoa this is a whole new level of p2w, the Skorpion G's gun is like a laser, it is effortless to rack up 2000+ damage in a match with it whereas in my pleb AC48, Charioteer or T28 proto I'd be extremely lucky to get that kind of damage done. The Super Pershing is like the pope-mobile, I have a handful of matches in it, but each match was about 2000+ damage and 2000+ damage blocked, I even made a suicide run into a town in my 3rd match and basically murdered 3 guys before I died (if I had tried that in the normal Pershing, well it would have been hilariously sad). You need little skill to do extremely well in either of these tanks.

Great that you are enjoying your new toys, but why feel the need to lie about the numbers? You have 4 games in the Skorpion G and average 1.853 damage with it, and 9 games in the T26E1 averaging 1.319 damage. So how can each match be about 2.000+ damage? And I am willing to be the 2.000+ blocked is nonsense as well.

Tom_Deekanarry #11 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9229 battles
Scorpion G is easy to penetrate, yes it Kicks like a mule but bouncing off one is rare, unlike the stupid 800+ alpha super armoured TD's which for me are far more game breaking!

CrazyLovex #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17685 battles

View PostRenesco, on 20 January 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

I was a believer in the WG spiel that premium tanks weren't necessarily better, they were average tanks used for training. Over the years I accumulated a few tier V tanks along the way like the Churchill III, Pz T25, Matilda BP, T14 and Ram II which largely reinforced my belief that WG was telling the truth (although I must admit, Ram II is a very powerful tank as a flanker and T14 is very powerful when top tier)

Now, before I go further, I must tell you I am no tank elitist, I have friends who play WoT that refuse to play below tier VIII as if it were beneath them to participate in plebeian games. I have no such qualms and if you look up my stats you can see I play from tier III to tier X; I also do not believe in judging people for how they play, whether it be a person with tier IX / X endgame preferences or Tier IV sealclubber preferences in a Pz. B2, we are all here for the laff and that's what's important.

Anyway, last year I went up to tier VI premium tanks with Tiger 131, HT. No 6, Type 64 and Strv M42/57 and I found all of these tanks quite strong when they were top tier, but more often than not they were basically cannon fodder for Skorpion Gs and e25s when not, I figured that was the payoff and they made silver regardless so w/e it's not like I put in a lot of effort into my tanking when I'm bottom tier anyway

Look man, I'm glad, if I'm gonna pay money for a tank it better be better than what I can get for free. 

Pay money for something that performs worse than what you get for free!! WHO DOES THAT! 

In any other aspect of life when would you do that? 

"Oh you can have this PC for free or you can buy this lower spec PC??" what would you do? 

Oh but you can train your crews!. . Please .. Crews get trained by playing anyway... And train crews in a weaker tank for its tier .. Yh that's fun. 

Edited by CrazyLovex, 20 January 2019 - 12:58 PM.

Discontinued #13 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles
Skorp G is meh

It's weak innacurate.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13163 battles

They are giving the players what they want though...

Renesco #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 22887 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 20 January 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

There is 0 reasons to compare SPershing to Pershing.

It is like comparing KV4 to T-44.

They are the same tank, except one has reliable armour and the other has unreliable armour (and sees tier X)

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 January 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Great that you are enjoying your new toys, but why feel the need to lie about the numbers? You have 4 games in the Skorpion G and average 1.853 damage with it, and 9 games in the T26E1 averaging 1.319 damage. So how can each match be about 2.000+ damage? And I am willing to be the 2.000+ blocked is nonsense as well.

Well now I've 26 games with Super P and 70% win rate in the thing, it's amazing

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 20 January 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Scorpion G is easy to penetrate, yes it Kicks like a mule but bouncing off one is rare, unlike the stupid 800+ alpha super armoured TD's which for me are far more game breaking!

it's easy to penetrate but the thing always gets an alpha volley off on you and rarely misses. It's a very easy tank to play

View PostCrazyLovex, on 20 January 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Look man, I'm glad, if I'm gonna pay money for a tank it better be better than what I can get for free. 

Pay money for something that performs worse than what you get for free!! WHO DOES THAT! 

"Oh you can have this PC for free or you can buy this lower spec PC??" what would you do? 

Oh but you can train your crews!. . Please .. Crews get trained by playing anyway... And train crews in a weaker tank for its tier .. Yh that's fun. 

You're a silly man

BR33K1_PAWAH #16 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4862 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRenesco, on 21 January 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

They are the same tank

Lul

JocMeister #17 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25653 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRenesco, on 21 January 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

They are the same tank, except one has reliable armour and the other has unreliable armour (and sees tier X)

No.

PS. Play some more with it. With 1100 DPG your WR will soon start to drop.

Edited by JocMeister, 21 January 2019 - 10:00 PM.

iztok #18 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostRenesco, on 20 January 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

... got a Skorpion G ...

and whoa this is a whole new level of p2w, the Skorpion G's gun is like a laser, it is effortless to rack up 2000+ damage in a match with it ...

Can I have your SkorpG?

Asking because mine doesn't do anything you mentioned, and I'm severely under-performing in it (compared to my other TDs), despite using over-2000-battles crew.

Seriously, you have only 4 battles with. Play 20 more battles and you'll see how much damage you can rack with it vs. tier-10 tanks that spot SkorpG under full cammo behind a bush from over 350 meters distance all the time :( , and when it fires, it's spotted from all maps on the same WoT server.

BR,  Iztok

ApocalypseSquad #19 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27067 battles

View PostCrazyLovex, on 20 January 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

I was quite happy for years to pay for slightly underpowered premium tanks that allowed me to make the credits I needed to build my collection of standard tree tanks.  Then WG realised that there was vast amounts of cash to be squeezed out of the pay to win players, and started to flood the game with (hard cash only) OP premium tanks and the game's slide into a sordid cash grab began in earnest.

People complain about MM, arty, premium ammo etc, but for me this change in relative power of premium tanks is the single worst thing WG have done for the game.

arthurwellsley #20 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52683 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I have 256 battles in my SPershing with a 57% win rate and average 1,393 damage which the ingame stats tells me is better than 92.3% of other owners. Armour efficiency ratio is 0.58 whatever that means (bouce about half the Spershings health per battle on average?).

In my Skorpion G I have 384 games with a 51% win rate and average 1,500 damage which the ingame stats tells me is only better than 67% of other owners.

Clearly I am better in the Spershing than I am in the Skorpion G. But I have less damage per battle but a 60% win rate after 50 battles in the ELC EVEN 90.

I do not think any of these tanks are OP.

The only OP premium for sale (occassionally) is the Object 252U/Defender which hugely increases most owners win rates.

WoT is a competetive pvp game. The ultimate test of an item in a pvp game is - does it help you win more than the player behind the keyboard does on average?

The Skorpion G fails that test, whereas the Object 252U/Defender does not.

Also tagged with premium tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users