• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #21 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostSoup_Potato, on 20 January 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

So you agree with QB that taking one week of a year represents the whole year? Then by that logic I can say the December 3rd stats show that the player base has increased by 7% and it's all fine now.

See the problem? He just picked a date that suited him and made a video out of it claiming stupid things.

HE-IS-READING-A-WHOLE-YEAR-FOR-THE-STATS, NOT-ONE-DAY-AS-YOU-CLAIM-TO-BE, WHAT-DO-YOU-NOT-UNDERSTAND.

Here is the graph: http://prntscr.com/m9p0re

If you can read you'll be able to see those 3 years there's an obvious decay.

BR33K1_PAWAH #22 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
OP, are you gonna create a topic after each QB video you will watch, or is it just a one time thing? :popcorn:

HaZardeur #23 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35581 battles
The same "famous" streamer also thinks +2/-2 MM is needed because of "variety"...

HanZi #24 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46994 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostUnangwata, on 20 January 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

After watching QB content relating to population drop and all research provided (websites monitoring population) the cause seems to be mostly premium tanks. In the past premiums were known to be slightly weaker than grind tanks. It was price to pay for quick acquire and balance. But it all changed with Defender. Since then more and more powerful tanks appear, being good profit, but the population goes down. Why ?

Several reasons.

First, it is in human nature to get more satisfaction from something that requires more effort. Grinded regular tanks, once you have them, can reward players with more joy and satisfaction because we feel we deserved or worked hard for them.

Easy acquired premium tanks can get boring fast due to lack of such bond. Furthermore, once we have good premium tank we don't see logical reason to go for regular tanks which are the same or inferior.

Having strong tanks and lack of incense to grind causes.. guess what, we stop grind, once we stop grind we ultimately stop playing. Of course it is not true for many dedicated players, but the numbers show clearly, since those premium tanks start appearing player base is going down more and more.

Looking at this from WG perspective, relasing good premium tank is burst of income. However because it lowers population base the income slowly goes down as well every new tank they add. How do they battle that money drop ? Guess what, they relase more premium tanks.

You can guess the result and where it goes.

Premium tanks now start to be superior to regular ones, diminishing the point to play regular at all.

Fortunately there is still player base who goes for top of the tree, but overall population suffers.

First, it is in human nature to get more satisfaction from something that requires more effort.!!!!! WHAT?????

That was maybe so 10 or 20 years ago, Now most players use the shortest way. Cheats and prem ammo. FACT....

Mr_Burrows #25 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47166 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 20 January 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

How is that.

Because all heavy tanks will become even stronger, as a whole. That is powecreeping heavy tanks at the expense of all other classes. On top of that WG was talking about not adding weakspots to some of the most major OP tanks in game. 

All I can do is explain it to you, then you have to understand it yourself. 

OMG_Abaddon #26 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostHanZi, on 20 January 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

First, it is in human nature to get more satisfaction from something that requires more effort.!!!!! WHAT?????

That was maybe so 10 or 20 years ago, Now most players use the shortest way. Cheats and prem ammo. FACT....

Where did you collect all these lies? Same place as that guy who says QB was speaking about 1 particular day?

What are the currently most succesful games out there? CS:GO, LoL, DotA, Fortnite, PUBG, Battlefield. None of those games have pay2win, all those games require skill to win and attract the majority of players who enjoy both watching and playing, and the comfort of actually winning a match thanks to your skill. WoT's competitive environment is a joke, even Back2Warcraft did a better job gathering back players for a game from 2001 than this game has ever done ever.

No wonder though, everyone who complains the game's pay2win and gets frustrating with rigged matchmaking 1 in 50 games top tier, you send them back their way and show them your golden 30k games on a T67 with 70% winrate that nobody cares about. Eventually you bring up this [edited]about "everyone wants to cheat, look at how people shoot gold lmao I'm so smart, I'm getting a Nobel price I'm sure".

Seriously, every time it's the same losers trying to bring down other people's opinions with passive-aggressive comments, if you care so much why do you keep bombing everyone else.

View PostMr_Burrows, on 20 January 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

Because all heavy tanks will become even stronger, as a whole. That is powecreeping heavy tanks at the expense of all other classes. On top of that WG was talking about not adding weakspots to some of the most major OP tanks in game. 

All I can do is explain it to you, then you have to understand it yourself. 

​They said standard ammo might also get buffs so people don't have to shoot gold all the time. Also I understand heavies and superheavies are getting armor updates, or am I guessing too far?

Edited by OMG_Abaddon, 20 January 2019 - 06:03 PM.

jabster #27 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 20 January 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

Where did you collect all these lies? Same place as that guy who says QB was speaking about 1 particular day?

What are the currently most succesful games out there? CS:GO, LoL, DotA, Fortnite, PUBG, Battlefield. None of those games have pay2win, all those games require skill to win and attract the majority of players who enjoy both watching and playing, and the comfort of actually winning a match thanks to your skill. WoT's competitive environment is a joke, even Back2Warcraft did a better job gathering back players for a game from 2001 than this game has ever done ever.

No wonder though, everyone who complains the game's pay2win and gets frustrating with rigged matchmaking 1 in 50 games top tier, you send them back their way and show them your golden 30k games on a T67 with 70% winrate that nobody cares about. Eventually you bring up this [edited]about "everyone wants to cheat, look at how people shoot gold lmao I'm so smart, I'm getting a Nobel price I'm sure".

Seriously, every time it's the same losers trying to bring down other people's opinions with passive-aggressive comments, if you care so much why do you keep bombing everyone else.

​They said standard ammo might also get buffs so people don't have to shoot gold all the time. Also I understand heavies and superheavies are getting armor updates, or am I guessing too far?

One would suggest you go and play a game you like then.

1ucky #28 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81658 battles

View PostUnangwata, on 20 January 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

After watching QB content relating to population drop and all research provided (websites monitoring population) the cause seems to be mostly premium tanks. In the past premiums were known to be slightly weaker than grind tanks. It was price to pay for quick acquire and balance. But it all changed with Defender. Since then more and more powerful tanks appear, being good profit, but the population goes down. Why ?

Several reasons.

First, it is in human nature to get more satisfaction from something that requires more effort. Grinded regular tanks, once you have them, can reward players with more joy and satisfaction because we feel we deserved or worked hard for them.

Easy acquired premium tanks can get boring fast due to lack of such bond. Furthermore, once we have good premium tank we don't see logical reason to go for regular tanks which are the same or inferior.

Having strong tanks and lack of incense to grind causes.. guess what, we stop grind, once we stop grind we ultimately stop playing. Of course it is not true for many dedicated players, but the numbers show clearly, since those premium tanks start appearing player base is going down more and more.

Looking at this from WG perspective, relasing good premium tank is burst of income. However because it lowers population base the income slowly goes down as well every new tank they add. How do they battle that money drop ? Guess what, they relase more premium tanks.

You can guess the result and where it goes.

Premium tanks now start to be superior to regular ones, diminishing the point to play regular at all.

Fortunately there is still player base who goes for top of the tree, but overall population suffers.

Hi, QB! =^.^=

Soup_Potato #29 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 20 January 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

HE-IS-READING-A-WHOLE-YEAR-FOR-THE-STATS, NOT-ONE-DAY-AS-YOU-CLAIM-TO-BE, WHAT-DO-YOU-NOT-UNDERSTAND.

Here is the graph: http://prntscr.com/m9p0re

If you can read you'll be able to see those 3 years there's an obvious decay.

He picked the summer and winter dates, two different dates from the year, that he compared to previous years. If he had picked dates that didn't suit him, he could've taken the 1.0 launch date from spring and December 3rd for example and he would have had an excel showing 1% drop and 7% increase respectively for 2018. You can't get the average of the year by taking two dates from the year. One interesting thing also is that he picked the new year and then end of July. Those aren't 6 months apart so he clearly picked the end of July because that's when the lowest numbers were clocked. It was obvious the dates were cherry picked and he focuses on peaks only, not the averages, making it pretty useless video tbh. But of course fanboys shared his word like it's from the bible and people used the ''hurr durr 20% of players are gone'' as an argument to whine about the game.

The player base for sure is in a decline, which is to be expected of a 10 year old game. The numbers aren't that much down though, which is the second point I'm making. Only real way for them to increase player numbers is to introduce something huge, or multiple pretty huge things. The game already has a lot of content so new line won't attract new players like it partly did in winter 2016-2017. We'll see how the monthly introduction of Frontlines, premium ammo rebalance, tech tree balancing E: and MM changes bring people back. Those are quite big changes.

Edited by Soup_Potato, 20 January 2019 - 06:28 PM.

OMG_Abaddon #30 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Postjabster, on 20 January 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

One would suggest you go and play a game you like then.

This pretty much demonstrates the point about passive-aggressive responses.

jabster #31 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 20 January 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

This pretty much demonstrates the point about passive-aggressive responses.

What response what you expect when you say you don't like the game?

Soup_Potato #32 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View Postjabster, on 20 January 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

An official answer from WG to cater the game to that specific individual.

OMG_Abaddon #33 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Postjabster, on 20 January 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

W... what? Seriously what do you think this is all about? Do you think there's one single game out there that achieved success without user feedback? Do you think LoL became #1 on release day and all the devs did had no player interaction? I mean, you really want to imply that, or are you scared to see your ratings go down the toilet if WG really decides to change gold ammo and you can no longer inflate your WN8?

Discontinued #34 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View PostricoBenitez1, on 20 January 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

So if QB says jump out of the window we all should do so ??

QB Jumped out of the window?

i already did, trouble is I live in a bungalow!

Unangwata #35 Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11432 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

It happens I was researching population and playability drop before any Youtube movies appeared. I searched for root problems, something basic and how game attraction mechanics actually work. This is not the first game I have advised and usually it appears I was right. There is certain type of mechanics at work that keep you playing, and different type of players. Simplified explanation I provided in the topic.

Player by reflex wants everything easy. Give to someone in MMO millions of currency and you will kill his game. First rush, then after few days he discovers nothing gives him pleasure anymore, everything is easy, boring and quits game. 

The reflex is normal thing. Even though we want things easier we are not aware of consequences. In simple words we are not aware whats good for us in long term, and we can kill our enthusiasm about any game if given opportunity.

The problem is neither the player nor the developer are aware of those mechanics, and developer provides players with such opportunity, making game easier with premium tanks, and what follows is population drop as explained. 

m1x_angelico #36 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24038 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View Postlaulaur, on 20 January 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

I really love how people suddenly realize something is wrong just when some popular streamer/youtuber makes a video about that. People don't have a mind of their own and the humans in general are like sheep?

This thing about premium tanks is not limited only to them (applies to regular tanks also) and has a name - it is called powercreep.

This thing happens for more than 3-4 years now and it is not rocket science to realize that....

This, precisely. It's like these people are missing some small part of the brain in charge of critical thinking.

If some Joe Schmoe says there's a big problem, people react like - nah, what do you know you're just a Joe Schmoe!

When QB says it they are like - wow did you hear what QB said, he is QB he must be right about there being a big problem. It reminds me of the sheep in the novel Animal Farm. 

What is even more confusing is some people who even after that still say - there is no problem. I guess these people are missing a larger chunk of the brain.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 20 January 2019 - 07:06 PM.

PabloGee #37 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30721 battles
There is one reason - no anty cheat + 3 5 7 matchmaking 

Soup_Potato #38 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostPabloGee, on 20 January 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

There is one reason - no anty cheat + 3 5 7 matchmaking 

*edited

Edited by m_nick, 20 January 2019 - 08:31 PM.
Flaming

PabloGee #39 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30721 battles

View PostSoup_Potato, on 20 January 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

*edited

*edited

Edited by m_nick, 20 January 2019 - 08:36 PM.
Off-Topic

Soup_Potato #40 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 282 battles

View PostPabloGee, on 20 January 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

*edited

*edited

Edited by m_nick, 20 January 2019 - 08:40 PM.
Off-Topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users