• 34973 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I like my coffee with sugar and cream.

gpalsson #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Also, very well balanced on encounter mode.

Must collect data for 3 more years before reaching anything conclusive.

It could be a fluke and a coincidence that North always wins.

SABAOTH #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40172 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostPansenmann, on 20 January 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

I like my coffee with sugar and cream.

But the question is: how much sugar goes well with the cream?

Pansenmann #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34973 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSABAOTH, on 20 January 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

But the question is: how much sugar goes well with the cream?

1 sugar cube and 10 ml of 12% fat condensed milk on a regular cup of strong filter coffee.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_
And lately they removed the rock at F4 adding insult to injury for the southern team, i loved that rock! :(

Baldrickk #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

And lately they removed the rock at F4 adding insult to injury for the southern team, i loved that rock! :(

There is still a good crossfire location for fast tanks - got there in my Charioteer tonight, and did almost 5k dmg in a tier 9-8 battle

7thSyndicate #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43831 battles
well.. ok

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 January 2019 - 02:33 AM, said:

There is still a good crossfire location for fast tanks - got there in my Charioteer tonight, and did almost 5k dmg in a tier 9-8 battle

Well if you don't elaborate more on that i've to assume you're talking about C9 and no it's not a good position to win the game.

It's not arty safe and it's a yolo trap for heavies that doesn't have anything better to do but rush you and die immediately after. Basically you're playing bait there and all the enemy heavies have to do is to back up behind the rows of houses to break the line of sight.

Put an enemy tank on the hill and you're permanently spotted from F7, put a hull down tank in B7/C8 and you're also permanently spotted. It works once every 5 games or something and while the enemy on top of the hill is killing your team efficiently you'll be doing useless damage in bad targets.

If all i wanted is to do damage from mines south i'd go to H2 maybe advance to F1 but that's a dead end same as C9.

Simeon85 #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

You have to laugh that they removed Province from higher tiers for being too small, but its bigger than both Ensk and Mines which still have higher tier games on.

I would much rather play Province at high tiers than Mines or Ensk, view range was important on that map, it's not really on the other two. 

Baldrickk #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

Well if you don't elaborate more on that i've to assume you're talking about C9 and no it's not a good position to win the game.

It's not arty safe and it's a yolo trap for heavies that doesn't have anything better to do but rush you and die immediately after. Basically you're playing bait there and all the enemy heavies have to do is to back up behind the rows of houses to break the line of sight.

Put an enemy tank on the hill and you're permanently spotted from F7, put a hull down tank in B7/C8 and you're also permanently spotted. It works once every 5 games or something and while the enemy on top of the hill is killing your team efficiently you'll be doing useless damage in bad targets.

If all i wanted is to do damage from mines south i'd go to H2 maybe advance to F1 but that's a dead end same as C9.

Yeah,  it was C9.

But I killed two tanks on the hill,  and I know when to bail. 

As for "useless damage" I suppose eating most of one of their top tier HTs before it even got into position is useless...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Yeah,  it was C9.

But I killed two tanks on the hill,  and I know when to bail. 

As for "useless damage" I suppose eating most of one of their top tier HTs before it even got into position is useless...

The main threat is on the hill, you did damage to a bad player in a bad position. Doesn't really matter whether he was a heavy or a medium, top or bottom tier.

My comment was on the map design and a more recent change to it. That rock at F4 helped contain the hill from the southern spawn, contain as in prevent the slower tanks from getting up there too with the lights and fast mediums.

Yours was about a good game you had in a specific tank in a specific battle, a tank that you don't do it justice btw. Look at the design and the battle flow and you'll see the difference.

Discontinued #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 20 January 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

I think it's a very good Idea! :medal:

The map is a bit too large though, if only were smaller :(

Mittengard at tier 10 has always been a dream...

Id just love to see the Type 5's and AFK wankers get their comeuppance!

IMHO one of the only maps that actually worked was Mittenguard!

Baldrickk #14 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

The main threat is on the hill, you did damage to a bad player in a bad position. Doesn't really matter whether he was a heavy or a medium, top or bottom tier.

My comment was on the map design and a more recent change to it. That rock at F4 helped contain the hill from the southern spawn, contain as in prevent the slower tanks from getting up there too with the lights and fast mediums.

Yours was about a good game you had in a specific tank in a specific battle, a tank that you don't do it justice btw. Look at the design and the battle flow and you'll see the difference.

Youwhatnow?

Forget how good the players are, they were in the two standard overlook positions on the hill. 

Combination of hard and soft cover meant neither damaged me, and I took them out, not alone, but I was able to counter them without being on the hill. 

What do you mean about my not doing the tank justice? If you mean my WR in it, stock grind with new crew at tier 8 with some of the worst teams I've seen (Not complaining, just stating) will do that. 

I actually watched the 'flow' of the battle last night in WOTinspector.  Seems I did my job just fine,  as the team won the other two flanks as well, even if three north team got tanks on the hill first. 

If I'd camped base, I wouldn't have had anything to shoot at at all. 

Or are you suggesting that I should have rushed hill in my paper armoured TD?

Edited by Baldrickk, 21 January 2019 - 12:03 PM.

divsmo #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34352 battles
  • [LQL] LQL

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 January 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Youwhatnow?

Forget how good the players are, they were in the two standard overlook positions on the hill. 

Combination of hard and soft cover meant neither damaged me, and I took them out, not alone, but I was able to counter them without being on the hill. 

What do you mean about my not doing the tank justice? If you mean my WR in it, stock grind with new crew at tier 8 with some of the worst teams I've seen (Not complaining, just stating) will do that. 

I actually watched the 'flow' of the battle last night in WOTinspector.  Seems I did my job just fine,  as the team won the other two flanks as well, even if three north team got tanks on the hill first. 

It's amazing how players can judge a battle they weren't in :P 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #16 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 January 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Youwhatnow?

Or maybe you're just bad stagnating past tier 6 just saying!

Also you're repeating yourself commenting on a single battle from mines south over and over again which is irrelevant IMO, try that position another 99 times and come back with a decent sample then we can see how successful that position is.

11:11 Added after 1 minute

View Postdivsmo, on 21 January 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

It's amazing how players can judge a battle they weren't in :P 

That's rubbish actually, i am judging the position he suggested not the battle. keep your facts straight. :popcorn:

divsmo #17 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34352 battles
  • [LQL] LQL

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hmmm looks more like the battle to me but whatever you say!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [_B-R_] _B-R_

View Postdivsmo, on 21 January 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Hmmm looks more like the battle to me but whatever you say!

If you have trouble understanding what i wrote just ask!

pecopad #19 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25455 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

Also you're repeating yourself commenting on a single battle from mines south over and over again which is irrelevant IMO, try that position another 99 times and come back with a decent sample then we can see how successful that position is.

That's rubbish actually, i am judging the position he suggested not the battle. keep your facts straight. :popcorn:

I've actually used the C9 position for some time, and with a light tank you can be usefull because you will be spoting for arty and preventing the tanks on the hill to shoot and spot our arty.

For more active games, it should be used when your team is pushing the east part of the map, the tanks on the hill will be proxy spoted and you will have good shots for them and to the sides of the tanks defending the corner. Heavies will not rush you because they will be shot with our tanks that are pushing.

C9 is IMHO one of the best positions for the south spawn for lights, you will have good games if the team is pushing east, or a role spoting and draging fire from the hill and spoting the campers, if we are not pushing east.

Edited by pecopad, 21 January 2019 - 12:40 PM.

Baldrickk #20 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

Hmm, the reason I decided to rush there couldn't be because I've used that position before and know how to work it?

Nah

Also tagged with Stronk, logic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users