bad players

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

GotMommysCreditCardYay #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

1st Question

I've seen some really really bad players in WoT even when they have 20k (or even 120k) battles. How many players do you guys think are actually bad ON PURPOSE? Theoretically lets say there are 2 ways to play this game, trying to be good and trying to be average/very bad. So what happens when u try to play this game as well as u can = you get punished by artys who uses xvm, or people rush u, or u take stats slightly too serious and have minimum fun when your team is really bad, or if map rotation is bad, or if enemy has ridiculous OP tanks, etc etc etc etc.

So what happens when you actually try to be very average and bad on purpose? = you don't care about stats, you basically just rush and do whatever the hell you want, you don't have to think during battles, you see childish people rage at you and because of them raging at you: you decide to make sure that you lose the battle so the toxic people lose the battle as well, since they actually care about winning the battle while you don't.

and btw i already know there will be someone that say ''LOSING BATTLES ON PURPOSE IS AGAINST THE RULES, YOU WILL GET BANNED'' etc. Guess what? There is literally no way to prove if someone is playing bad on purpose or if they are actually just really bad, even if this person openly admits that he is losing games on purpose, it would need to get reported maaaaaaaaaany times and he would have to admit it countless times in numerous battles, and still then customer support can just think ''maybe he is just lying about breaking the rules''

2nd Question

Everyone knows the stereotype of unicums being toxic right? and unicums are (insert insult here)... etc whatever.

Ok but, since i've made this new account (i deleted my previous account 5 months ago), i have decided to turn my in-game chat on again, just to see how childish people rage, i find it funny, anyways: literally EVERY single person that has been insulting/crying in the chat, has been a BAD player, they are actually really really bad, every single one of them. I haven't even seen one good player being toxic, is it because good players simply dont play the game anymore so i dont see them?

so far it is: the longer you have been a really bad player = the more toxic u get for some reason even though u are almost always the most useless player on the team

Xandania #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39506 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

All I can say is that in my experience skill has nothing to do with toxidity - dying early has. It usually is the dead commanders ghosts that are spreading the toxines as everyone else is busy playing the game. And boy are there different ways to play it.

That and "pro" players that like to write letters after battle and complain in person that you had luck/outplayed them/lost the battle for them (some people use these channels to congratulate people doing well for their team though)

Jigabachi #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
1. There might be some good players playing on bad accounts to get some XVM camo, but I doubt that there are many players who deliberately play badly. Some trolls maybe.
But then again, you could argue that botlevel players deliberately play that badly because they refuse to put some basic effort into learning how the game works...

2. There are toxic players of every skilllevel, you just have to realize that the game has way more bad players than good players.

Captain_Kremen0 #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38024 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Give Mommy her credit card back and get out into the real world. WARNING - with your attitude people may not like you so on second thoughts just sit there in your underpants with pizza and play on.

Yes that is how you come across - a spoilt little crapwho thinks he is better than everyone else.

BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Go away OP.

And don't come back.

GotMommysCreditCardYay #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

View PostXandania, on 21 January 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

All I can say is that in my experience skill has nothing to do with toxidity - dying early has. It usually is the dead commanders ghosts that are spreading the toxines as everyone else is busy playing the game. And boy are there different ways to play it.

That and "pro" players that like to write letters after battle and complain in person that you had luck/outplayed them/lost the battle for them (some people use these channels to congratulate people doing well for their team though)

yeah that's true, al though no good players have PMed me after battle, only the bad ones

View PostJigabachi, on 21 January 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

1. There might be some good players playing on bad accounts to get some XVM camo, but I doubt that there are many players who deliberately play badly. Some trolls maybe.
But then again, you could argue that botlevel players deliberately play that badly because they refuse to put some basic effort into learning how the game works...

2. There are toxic players of every skilllevel, you just have to realize that the game has way more bad players than good players.

1. yeah

2. very very true, al though from the 100 (just guessing the number) toxic players all have been bad, so statistically speaking i should've encountered one good toxic player by now, just my '' bad luck''' i guess for this statistical anomaly

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 21 January 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Give Mommy her credit card back and get out into the real world. WARNING - with your attitude people may not like you so on second thoughts just sit there in your underpants with pizza and play on.

Yes that is how you come across - a spoilt little crapwho thinks he is better than everyone else.

what? are u trolling? or are you part of the people that finds the smallest things to get triggered about? the ONLY way for you to have been triggered about my topic is if u fit into my category of ''very bad players that are toxic'' , i won't even go and look at your stats, your words said enough

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 21 January 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Go away OP.

And don't come back.

i cry:arta:

BR33K1_PAWAH #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

i cry:arta:

You create a topic, in which you basically bragging about what a bad person you are, and you expect to get what out of it? People pat you on the shoulder, telling you "It's ok"?

You're pathetic :)

GotMommysCreditCardYay #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 21 January 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

You create a topic, in which you basically bragging about what a bad person you are, and you expect to get what out of it? People pat you on the shoulder, telling you "It's ok"?

You're pathetic :)

where did i ''brag about what a bad person i am'' ? tell me, how can i possibly have asked these 2 questions in a ''nice'' way? i want to find 2nd opinions about questions i want answers to. isn't this what the forums are made for?

Am i supposed to keep wondering about my questions without hearing what other people think about it?

just because i call people '''bad players'' and ''toxic'', does that mean im a ''bad person''?? uhm... no, that is not how it works.

it is literally a FACT that there are rude and bad players, im not naming&shaming anyone, 

just because you don't like the FACT doesn't mean i am not allowed to say it...

Noo_Noo #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22269 battles
I suspect and even from personal experience most people don't know when they've done something stupid in this game. 

Its a pretty big step to actually look back at one of your games and actually analyse it properly. 

kaneloon #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29496 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB
That and the tunnel vision, when you really can't see what the others guys see. Basically you can be trapped and focused while nobody notices and seems to care.

DeadLecter #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26854 battles

Let's say you are doing a job. That you will not be paid for. But it is something you do. Let's say you want to play the guitar. You pick up a guitar and start playing. After 4~5 years you have done over 20000 times and still can't play. Why? Because you refuse to learn some basics. And tell me how does your playing sound to others? Nobody will like it. 

This game is no different than all the other things you do in your life. The fact that so many people refuse to learn speaks to their state of mind. Losers. Both in real life and in game. Because when you do something, the very least you can do is at least try and be half good at it. You don't need to be a genius. It's simple stuff. When your shooting a tank. aim ahead. Don't drive your tier 8 tank into TX tanks that you know you can't beat because you have done 10000 times and failed every time. Even someone who never ever reads anything about the game mechanics can understand these things after a while. And when someone can't realize these simple things, in my opinion those people are childish. Because only a child can do something over and over again and never get good at it, and at the same time never stop. And people raging at you are completely right. They are trying to win not because it's their job, because for them having fun means winning. That's how it works for some people. And you just ruined that chance by dying in first minute. 
You want to drive around and have fun? Go play GTA V. Go play any game where you can do anything. This is a team game. You as a part of a team have a job to do. When you fail to do that job and others get mad at you, whose fault is that? If we were talking about anything else you would say the guy who refuses to cooperate is an idiot. But since it's a game it's fine to ruin a team game. This game is no different than anything else in real life.

But the thing is most people are bots not just in this game but in real life as well. They never want to get good at anything. They just want to go to work and go home. They never try to get better to get a promotion. Never try to achieve some success for a change. Same routine for years and years. So I really can't expect the majority who can't succeed in their lives, succeed in a game.

It is not understandable to me why people are this way, but I understand there is nothing I can do about it. 
So I rarely rage in the game, but sometimes I really can't control it and I have to vent it out of my system.

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52756 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

1st Question.

So what happens when you actually try to be very average and bad on purpose?

2nd Question

I haven't even seen one good player being toxic, is it because good players simply dont play the game anymore so i dont see them?

Your questions have nothing to do with gameplay, which is the section that you have posted them in.

Your questions seem ill thought out, and irrelevant to most players who play to have a good time.

If you seriously think those questions even need asking in a public forum, let alone answering, you need to re-consider your own thought processes and life goals.

BR33K1_PAWAH #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4947 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

where did i ''brag about what a bad person i am'' ?

So for you it's ok to intentionally ruin other players gameplay experience in a multiplayer game. Nice.

tank276 #14 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52067 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

1st Question

I've seen some really really bad players in WoT even when they have 20k (or even 120k) battles. How many players do you guys think are actually bad ON PURPOSE? Theoretically lets say there are 2 ways to play this game, trying to be good and trying to be average/very bad. So what happens when u try to play this game as well as u can = you get punished by artys who uses xvm, or people rush u, or u take stats slightly too serious and have minimum fun when your team is really bad, or if map rotation is bad, or if enemy has ridiculous OP tanks, etc etc etc etc.

So what happens when you actually try to be very average and bad on purpose? = you don't care about stats, you basically just rush and do whatever the hell you want, you don't have to think during battles, you see childish people rage at you and because of them raging at you: you decide to make sure that you lose the battle so the toxic people lose the battle as well, since they actually care about winning the battle while you don't.

and btw i already know there will be someone that say ''LOSING BATTLES ON PURPOSE IS AGAINST THE RULES, YOU WILL GET BANNED'' etc. Guess what? There is literally no way to prove if someone is playing bad on purpose or if they are actually just really bad, even if this person openly admits that he is losing games on purpose, it would need to get reported maaaaaaaaaany times and he would have to admit it countless times in numerous battles, and still then customer support can just think ''maybe he is just lying about breaking the rules''

2nd Question

Everyone knows the stereotype of unicums being toxic right? and unicums are (insert insult here)... etc whatever.

Ok but, since i've made this new account (i deleted my previous account 5 months ago), i have decided to turn my in-game chat on again, just to see how childish people rage, i find it funny, anyways: literally EVERY single person that has been insulting/crying in the chat, has been a BAD player, they are actually really really bad, every single one of them. I haven't even seen one good player being toxic, is it because good players simply dont play the game anymore so i dont see them?

so far it is: the longer you have been a really bad player = the more toxic u get for some reason even though u are almost always the most useless player on the team

Whats your point dude?

kaneloon #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29496 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

Well ... OP is raging too, like those in chat - that's all.

Most of us had those episodes.

GotMommysCreditCardYay #16 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

View PostNoo_Noo, on 21 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

I suspect and even from personal experience most people don't know when they've done something stupid in this game. 

Its a pretty big step to actually look back at one of your games and actually analyse it properly. 

well you dont have to analyse, it kinda is common sense after a while

View PostDeadLecter, on 21 January 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Let's say you are doing a job. That you will not be paid for. But it is something you do. Let's say you want to play the guitar. You pick up a guitar and start playing. After 4~5 years you have done over 20000 times and still can't play. Why? Because you refuse to learn some basics. And tell me how does your playing sound to others? Nobody will like it. 

This game is no different than all the other things you do in your life. The fact that so many people refuse to learn speaks to their state of mind. Losers. Both in real life and in game. Because when you do something, the very least you can do is at least try and be half good at it. You don't need to be a genius. It's simple stuff. When your shooting a tank. aim ahead. Don't drive your tier 8 tank into TX tanks that you know you can't beat because you have done 10000 times and failed every time. Even someone who never ever reads anything about the game mechanics can understand these things after a while. And when someone can't realize these simple things, in my opinion those people are childish. Because only a child can do something over and over again and never get good at it, and at the same time never stop. And people raging at you are completely right. They are trying to win not because it's their job, because for them having fun means winning. That's how it works for some people. And you just ruined that chance by dying in first minute. 
You want to drive around and have fun? Go play GTA V. Go play any game where you can do anything. This is a team game. You as a part of a team have a job to do. When you fail to do that job and others get mad at you, whose fault is that? If we were talking about anything else you would say the guy who refuses to cooperate is an idiot. But since it's a game it's fine to ruin a team game. This game is no different than anything else in real life.

But the thing is most people are bots not just in this game but in real life as well. They never want to get good at anything. They just want to go to work and go home. They never try to get better to get a promotion. Never try to achieve some success for a change. Same routine for years and years. So I really can't expect the majority who can't succeed in their lives, succeed in a game.

It is not understandable to me why people are this way, but I understand there is nothing I can do about it. 
So I rarely rage in the game, but sometimes I really can't control it and I have to vent it out of my system.

yeah i totally understand that winning=fun,  so i can understand if good players get angry, but what i DONT understand is when the actual players that are one of the reasons why the team is losing, rages. thats what im trying to figure out, how can you complain at other people doing badly when you are doing badly as well? you CANT improve other players, but  you CAN improve yourself, and majority doesnt want to improve, they stay at their own low-level and only complains, and that is not right

View Postarthurwellsley, on 21 January 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Your questions have nothing to do with gameplay, which is the section that you have posted them in.

Your questions seem ill thought out, and irrelevant to most players who play to have a good time.

If you seriously think those questions even need asking in a public forum, let alone answering, you need to re-consider your own thought processes and life goals.

it actually has everything to do with gameplay though? or should i find a forum that says ''the psychology of players and why they rage while PLAYING the game"

it's not irrelevant, toxicity is quite common and im trying to figure out the reasoning behind it as well

Xandania #17 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39506 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 21 January 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

So for you it's ok to intentionally ruin other players gameplay experience in a multiplayer game. Nice.

Took another look at the opening post and I still cannot find anything about that - I see it more as wodnering if there are people playing badly on purpose - trolls so to speak. And "revanchists" who will do everything to make sure someone else does not have a good game. Encountered both myself, been the second once or twice myself (you do know those guys clinging to your tank and bumping into you what feels like every time you are fully aimed in on an enemy.....grrrrrrr)

The second part is about how fun it can be to watch the chat and people spouting crazy stuff with a sidenote of worse players seemingly more likely to rage and complain. When waiting for platoons or teams to assemble I am guilty of reading general chat myself, so I can partly sympathize.

Well, maybe I am missing the points here xD

GotMommysCreditCardYay #18 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 918 battles

View Posttank276, on 21 January 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Whats your point dude?

my point is to find a good answer to my questions

View Postkaneloon, on 21 January 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

Well ... OP is raging too, like those in chat - that's all.

Most of us had those episodes.

actually im not raging at all, ive actually not used one insult, i literally just laugh at how childish many people are and im trying to understand the reasoning behind their thoughts

View PostXandania, on 21 January 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Took another look at the opening post and I still cannot find anything about that - I see it more as wodnering if there are people playing badly on purpose - trolls so to speak. And "revanchists" who will do everything to make sure someone else does not have a good game. Encountered both myself, been the second once or twice myself (you do know those guys clinging to your tank and bumping into you what feels like every time you are fully aimed in on an enemy.....grrrrrrr)

The second part is about how fun it can be to watch the chat and people spouting crazy stuff with a sidenote of worse players seemingly more likely to rage and complain. When waiting for platoons or teams to assemble I am guilty of reading general chat myself, so I can partly sympathize.

Well, maybe I am missing the points here xD

EXACTLY!!!!

BlackBloodBandit #19 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1953 battles

OP: Speaks about "very bad players that are toxic"

ME: Looks at OP's stats..

:facepalm:

Ps Best solution I have for your kind is to be team-killed, instead of reported. In that way you have no chance of ruining the battle and spare time of other players on purpose, while they do they best (wether being focussed on good stats or not) to have a good time with others. For sure, there is proof of people being very bad players: positioning.

View PostNoo_Noo, on 21 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

I doubt it.. When you fall or fail in something in life, you know you did something wrong. If not, you're just stupid.

Xandania #20 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39506 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

it's not irrelevant, toxicity is quite common and im trying to figure out the reasoning behind it as well

Frustration and venting, as well as a bit of trolling from time to time.

Someone goes out alone into dangerous territory and believes support to arrive - and it doesn't - person rages because his illusion of incoming support got shattered.

Someone feels they did well but it wasn't enough for the team not to fall - and seeks a scapegoat

Usually people seek the reason for bad luck/failiure in external causes because that is less damaging to their own ego. No rocket sience, but basic psychology.

And as we rarely get the consequences via the internet no repercussions to fear.

08:53 Added after 2 minutes

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 21 January 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

OP: Speaks about "very bad players that are toxic"

ME: Looks at OP's stats..

:facepalm:

Ps Best solution I have for your kind is to be team-killed, instead of reported. In that way you have no chance of ruining the battle and spare time of other players on purpose, while they do they best (wether being focussed on good stats or not) to have a good time with others. For sure, there is proof of people being very bad players: positioning.

I doubt it.. When you fall or fail in something in life, you know you did something wrong. If not, you're just stupid.

So far he hasn't been toxic though - quite contrary to your mindless postscriptum.

Also tagged with bad players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users