Jump to content


BAD Players | a few questions about them

bad players

  • Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Noo_Noo #21 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22560 battles
  • 2,992
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 21 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

 

I doubt it.. When you fall or fail in something in life, you know you did something wrong. If not, you're just stupid.

 

Not so sure when playing this game to be honest. I've even seen prominent streamers losing their rag, blaming other players etc. when in reality they've over committed a bit. I've even done it myself. Plus its so easy to return to garage and press Battle again, giving very little thought to what just happened previously. 

 

A player in WoT with a 47% WR isn't exactly a failure. They're not a good player by any means but they aren't a failure. They will have decent moments intermingled within lots of games where they do stuff wrong. 

 

Furthermore, lets not shy away from the fact that putting a little money into the game does have some benefits with regard to crew training and unlocking modules etc. That can certainly have an impact on WR. The vast majority of people simply don't have the patience to play enough to physically grind enough XP etc. to fully unlock things. Of course this still wont cover bad decisions that are made within the game. 


Edited by Noo_Noo, 21 January 2019 - 10:05 AM.


GotMommysCreditCardYay #22 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1654 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-06-2019

View PostXandania, on 21 January 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

 

Frustration and venting, as well as a bit of trolling from time to time.

 

Someone goes out alone into dangerous territory and believes support to arrive - and it doesn't - person rages because his illusion of incoming support got shattered.

Someone feels they did well but it wasn't enough for the team not to fall - and seeks a scapegoat

 

Usually people seek the reason for bad luck/failiure in external causes because that is less damaging to their own ego. No rocket sience, but basic psychology.

And as we rarely get the consequences via the internet no repercussions to fear.

 

yeah, very true on everything you said, it's just funny though, it's not like their stats are ''hidden'', we all can see it, we all see how they play on a consistent basis,

if you are going to complain at others- at least make sure you are a good player, how can u complain at others' problems when you don't fix your own.

i've been insulted quite badly by a lot of players, 0 influence on me though. It just shows that they aren't capable of controlling their emotions (i understand if it is 12 year olds, as it would also be a good reason for being a bad player because young kids' brains aren't fully developed yet, 0 shame in that, most of us were dumb as children, it worries me that the so-called ''grown-ups'' aren't capable of controlling their emotions, it is after-all JUST a computer game), and the best part is that the overwhelming majority of them would never say those things in real life to my face



aleksot #23 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:08 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42762 battles
  • 325
  • [G_LT] G_LT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2013

Most toxic are bad players who did near 0 damage. They go straight in to the enemy fire without waiting for team support/or having no team in their side, gets punished for stupidity and then they are trying to find the quilty one, because they think they are really smart  - "its stupid team" that was not supporting their suicide rush.

But to be absolute honest, there are raging from bad and good players. But good payers realize that they are best in team and they can do impact to the game or they cant do anything.

When i am focused by the enemy in the beggining of the battle and some average player gets good game, im 50% get PM from them with insults.


Edited by aleksot, 21 January 2019 - 10:26 AM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #24 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,324
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Posttank276, on 21 January 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

 

Whats your point dude?

 

I read every word he wrote even the blue ones despite being almost blind and reached the same conclusion, what's the meaning of this? What's even the point of this??? You're quite good! :)

 

@OP People playing this game and people in general are very different, trying to categorize them based on how they play or why they play like this (like crap) is weird AND pointless!



GotMommysCreditCardYay #25 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1654 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-06-2019

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

 

I read every word he wrote even the blue ones despite being almost blind and reached the same conclusion, what's the meaning of this? What's even the point of this??? You're quite good! :)

 

@OP People playing this game and people in general are very different, trying to categorize them based on how they play or why they play like this (like crap) is weird AND pointless!

 

attempting to find the psychology/thoughts behind their toxicity is a valid reason to ask questions IMO

XxKuzkina_MatxX #26 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:20 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,324
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

attempting to find the psychology/thoughts behind their toxicity is a valid reason to ask questions IMO

 

That's valid but what's the point? in a video game chat? You can't stop it and you can't cure its cause so...what? :)

HanZi #27 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47450 battles
  • 319
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

I would like to admit that i in some occasions i play badly intentionally, coz of many things in the game.

That could be the servers (lacking or delay). Teams that all rush 1 way, RNG which in many cases only seems to affect me and NOT my opponents (P2W ??).

And ofc the unspeakable cheating of many players (that ofc DOESNT exist in WOT :D),

Sometimes i just get SO tired of the game that i just rush in and die or otherwise play badly. 

IF WG dont fix this game, well so be it, but expect concequence from players. 



WoT_RU_Doing #28 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 55874 battles
  • 3,148
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

1st Question

I've seen some really really bad players in WoT even when they have 20k (or even 120k) battles. How many players do you guys think are actually bad ON PURPOSE? Theoretically lets say there are 2 ways to play this game, trying to be good and trying to be average/very bad. So what happens when u try to play this game as well as u can = you get punished by artys who uses xvm, or people rush u, or u take stats slightly too serious and have minimum fun when your team is really bad, or if map rotation is bad, or if enemy has ridiculous OP tanks, etc etc etc etc.

So what happens when you actually try to be very average and bad on purpose? = you don't care about stats, you basically just rush and do whatever the hell you want, you don't have to think during battles, you see childish people rage at you and because of them raging at you: you decide to make sure that you lose the battle so the toxic people lose the battle as well, since they actually care about winning the battle while you don't.

and btw i already know there will be someone that say ''LOSING BATTLES ON PURPOSE IS AGAINST THE RULES, YOU WILL GET BANNED'' etc. Guess what? There is literally no way to prove if someone is playing bad on purpose or if they are actually just really bad, even if this person openly admits that he is losing games on purpose, it would need to get reported maaaaaaaaaany times and he would have to admit it countless times in numerous battles, and still then customer support can just think ''maybe he is just lying about breaking the rules''

 

2nd Question

Everyone knows the stereotype of unicums being toxic right? and unicums are (insert insult here)... etc whatever.

Ok but, since i've made this new account (i deleted my previous account 5 months ago), i have decided to turn my in-game chat on again, just to see how childish people rage, i find it funny, anyways: literally EVERY single person that has been insulting/crying in the chat, has been a BAD player, they are actually really really bad, every single one of them. I haven't even seen one good player being toxic, is it because good players simply dont play the game anymore so i dont see them?

so far it is: the longer you have been a really bad player = the more toxic u get for some reason even though u are almost always the most useless player on the team

 

Think the OP's post is rather arrogant , as he assumes that everyone who plays the game plays it for stats like he does - otherwise they are "bad", and must be trying to sabotage the team. Personally I don't care about stats, or win rate. I primarily play these days to get missions/events done. The daily missions are normally complete within 2 hours, depending how big they are, after that, I play for fun and try to help the team. Some players on the other hand are just bad...they play for stats, but haven't reached the point on the learning curve to be able to get where they want to be - that doesn't mean they sabotage the game.

As for the stereotyping of all unicums being toxic, that's just as bad. The whole post reeks of the childish tendency to place everyone and everything into little black or white boxes.   .



Rati_Festa #29 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48656 battles
  • 2,291
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

I agree that the majority of toxic players are bad at the game, but considering the majority of players in the game are bad... is that not the answer to your puzzle?

 

As OP vented it is amazing how someone can play 20000 games and still be as bad as they are. It always puzzles me what they are getting out of the game, what can possible be that interesting in driving forward fire 2 shots, getting owned and then going to the garage.



Captain_Kremen0 #30 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38711 battles
  • 2,181
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 21 January 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Give Mommy her credit card back and get out into the real world. WARNING - with your attitude people may not like you so on second thoughts just sit there in your underpants with pizza and play on.

 

Yes that is how you come across - a spoilt little crapwho thinks he is better than everyone else.

 

what? are u trolling? or are you part of the people that finds the smallest things to get triggered about? the ONLY way for you to have been triggered about my topic is if u fit into my category of ''very bad players that are toxic'' , i won't even go and look at your stats, your words said enough

 

Funny you should mention stats OP - Like your first post you REALLY should have engaged brain before keyboard.

Bearing in mind that YOU mentioned stats......Mine are slightly better than yours; but we are both in the distinctly average category. 

However I will keep your stats handy next time there is a Pay To Win or E25 is OP thread.

#failed reroll



GotMommysCreditCardYay #31 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1654 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-06-2019

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

 

That's valid but what's the point? in a video game chat? You can't stop it and you can't cure its cause so...what? :)

 

well i personally find the human thought process interesting, everyone has their own interests, anyone can make a topic, certain people will be interested by it, while other people wont. Almost every single topic on the forum is ''pointless'' depending on who reads it and if it interests them personally. For example: i find it pointless to watch tv shows like The Big Bang Theory, but that doesn't mean it is definitely pointless to every single other person in the world. (it's a totally different example but it's the principle that matters)

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #32 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,324
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

 

well i personally find the human thought process interesting, everyone has their own interests, anyone can make a topic, certain people will be interested by it, while other people wont. Almost every single topic on the forum is ''pointless'' depending on who reads it and if it interests them personally. For example: i find it pointless to watch tv shows like The Big Bang Theory, but that doesn't mean it is definitely pointless to every single other person in the world. (it's a totally different example but it's the principle that matters)

 

 

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"

Rati_Festa #33 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48656 battles
  • 2,291
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 21 January 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

 

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others"

 

I don't think he is saying that at all. He is clearly indicating everyone has interests/opinions/questions that not all people find interesting. The replies he have are actually far more relevant to your animal farm quote as people are belittling him for speaking out.

 

He is actually asking a question on his own observations, he isn't stating it as fact just asking for others take on it. ( perhaps he could have worded it better though :) )



chubbysnake #34 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16886 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
People play the game for different reasons. Some play to win or have good stats. Some play to grind new tanks and progress through the tech trees. Some play just to kill some free time.
It’s like playing a footy game with your mates. There’s always one person who will do everything to try an win and one person who turns up purely for some fitness who doesn’t care about getting better at the game or even winning

GotMommysCreditCardYay #35 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1654 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-06-2019

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 21 January 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

 

Think the OP's post is rather arrogant , as he assumes that everyone who plays the game plays it for stats like he does - otherwise they are "bad", and must be trying to sabotage the team. Personally I don't care about stats, or win rate. I primarily play these days to get missions/events done. The daily missions are normally complete within 2 hours, depending how big they are, after that, I play for fun and try to help the team. Some players on the other hand are just bad...they play for stats, but haven't reached the point on the learning curve to be able to get where they want to be - that doesn't mean they sabotage the game.

As for the stereotyping of all unicums being toxic, that's just as bad. The whole post reeks of the childish tendency to place everyone and everything into little black or white boxes.   .

 

you clearly missed the entire point. first of all i definitely do NOT ''play for stats'', and i never said everyone else does play for stats, i am simply using the statistics of players as a guideline indicating whether or not someone is good or bad, and by using this guideline i realized that a lot of the toxic players are actually bad (whether or not they are attempting to have better stats is totally irrelevant) and i wanted to see the reasoning behind their thoughts, thats it!

and omw YES I KNOW the stereotype of unicums being toxic is bad, thats literally what i was trying to point out

 

View PostRati_Festa, on 21 January 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

I agree that the majority of toxic players are bad at the game, but considering the majority of players in the game are bad... is that not the answer to your puzzle?

 

As OP vented it is amazing how someone can play 20000 games and still be as bad as they are. It always puzzles me what they are getting out of the game, what can possible be that interesting in driving forward fire 2 shots, getting owned and then going to the garage.

 

well yes but again: i was trying to find the thought process behind the toxicity of the bad players are part of the problem

 

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 21 January 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

 

Funny you should mention stats OP - Like your first post you REALLY should have engaged brain before keyboard.

Bearing in mind that YOU mentioned stats......Mine are slightly better than yours; but we are both in the distinctly average category. 

However I will keep your stats handy next time there is a Pay To Win or E25 is OP thread.

#failed reroll

?????????? Whether or not i have 37%, 40%, 42%, 44%, 45%, 46%, 47%, 52%, 55%, 60%, 70%, 72% winrate is SO irrelevant, the entire point is about the TOXIC players, my post isn't discussing every single player in WoT, my post is addressing the TOXIC players and THEIR thought process.

and you claiming i am a reroll is actually sad, yes this is my 2nd account after i DELETED my 1st account 5 months ago and quit playing, 

rerolling means it is still the same account with wiped stats, and calling someone a ''fail reroll'' means that the person is actually trying to get good stats,

so yeah whatever, u get tier3 damage at tier 10, bye



XxKuzkina_MatxX #36 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,324
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostRati_Festa, on 21 January 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

 

I don't think he is saying that at all. He is clearly indicating everyone has interests/opinions/questions that not all people find interesting. The replies he have are actually far more relevant to your animal farm quote as people are belittling him for speaking out.

 

He is actually asking a question on his own observations, he isn't stating it as fact just asking for others take on it. ( perhaps he could have worded it better though :) )

 

The wording is my issue as i don't mind him, or anyone, asking or having an interest in the roots of toxicity. My quote was about interests not about his view of others. Some interests are more popular than others, trying to find a simple reasoning behind what the player base is doing is kind of a complex and unproductive task especially here on the forums. ;)

WoT_RU_Doing #37 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 55874 battles
  • 3,148
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostRati_Festa, on 21 January 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

I agree that the majority of toxic players are bad at the game, but considering the majority of players in the game are bad... is that not the answer to your puzzle?

 

As OP vented it is amazing how someone can play 20000 games and still be as bad as they are. It always puzzles me what they are getting out of the game, what can possible be that interesting in driving forward fire 2 shots, getting owned and then going to the garage.

 

That depends on why the player is playing - without knowing the answer to that you can't actually tell that they are bad. For example, even good players when attempting blocked damage missions often achieve less damage than they might normally. Equally, for genuinely bad players, there are still many incentives to play. It could be that they just want to get the XP for the next module or tank, or it could be a personal mission for example. In the case of the latter it is well known that some missions positively encourage YOLO plays. They may also be chasing a personal goal. When I first started playing, I decided I wanted to get the medals for killing every type of tech tree tank in the game. Mostly I did this tier by tier, though some rarely played tanks were on my list for a long time. This dictated what tiers I played, and HOW I played - if a tank on my kill list appeared in battle, that was it, all thoughts of winning, teamplay, etc were thrown out the window without checking that it was open first.- the only important thing was locate that tank and get the final shot on it. If I got one shot in the  whole battle, for 3 HP, but killed the tank, I'd have been happy.

So, like I say,,it's impossible to judge anyone's performance in this game based on even a few battles unless you know what they are measuring themselves against.

View PostGotMommysCreditCardYay, on 21 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

 

you clearly missed the entire point. first of all i definitely do NOT ''play for stats'', and i never said everyone else does play for stats, i am simply using the statistics of players as a guideline indicating whether or not someone is good or bad, and by using this guideline i realized that a lot of the toxic players are actually bad (whether or not they are attempting to have better stats is totally irrelevant) and i wanted to see the reasoning behind their thoughts, thats it!

and omw YES I KNOW the stereotype of unicums being toxic is bad, thats literally what i was trying to point out

 

 

well yes but again: i was trying to find the thought process behind the toxicity of the bad players are part of the problem

 

?????????? Whether or not i have 37%, 40%, 42%, 44%, 45%, 46%, 47%, 52%, 55%, 60%, 70%, 72% winrate is SO irrelevant, the entire point is about the TOXIC players, my post isn't discussing every single player in WoT, my post is addressing the TOXIC players and THEIR thought process.

and you claiming i am a reroll is actually sad, yes this is my 2nd account after i DELETED my 1st account 5 months ago and quit playing,

rerolling means it is still the same account with wiped stats, and calling someone a ''fail reroll'' means that the person is actually trying to get good stats,

so yeah whatever, u get tier3 damage at tier 10, bye

 

As pointed out in one of the previous posts, the majority of players are below average according to XVM, so most of the toxicity will be there - I  don't believe toxicity has any relationship to the stats at all, but reflects their frustration. Again, we can't know the cause of the frustration without knowing what they want out of the game. Unfortunately the anonymity of the game, and the existing toxicity levels, breed further toxicity. WG has recently taken some steps to reduce it, but they'll need to really work hard to bring the game toxicity permanently down.

   .



OIias_of_Sunhillow #38 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25902 battles
  • 3,220
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
Does the OP consider himself a bad player, or a good player ?

OMG_Abaddon #39 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12950 battles
  • 744
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

Toxicity will always exist in any team game, thus why games like Dark Souls got so popular with PVP because it was usually 1v1. When you lose 3... 5... 10... whatever matches it doesn't matter, there's no problem with that, the problem is when you lose 10 matches because some trolls made you lose from minute 1. It gets old really fast, it makes people mad, it's already hard to grind my craptanks in a fair fight, now why would I want to play a 10 vs 15 match? 

 

So after a few dozen matches where 10 players in your team RR into enemies in 30 seconds and die by suicide you start getting angry at anyone who trolls, you start getting defensive and as soon as someone slightly rams you and doesn't correct their direction, BOOM, instant report. The slightest problem, you assume it's going to be a defeat and the prediction usually works.

 

See, I always try to do my best, several games I carried my team to victory (although not that many, but still) and even if I lose, at least I got some XP and cash. Yet it still bothers me, the game's full of idiots and unlike other games you don't get rewarded for playing well out of your bad team's spite. Sure you might have died for one or other reason and the fault is yours, buy what am I supposed to as heavy top tier tank? Sit back and relax? Play safe?

 

Anyway, have a link to my first game today and judge yourselves: http://wotreplays.eu...ddon-marder_38t

 

I don't usually lose my temper, and the most I usually amount to is calling someone idiot when they do something really stupid, but it still grinds my gears that my first game of the day starts with 2 drowns at game start, and it doesn't get better than that. After all, playing a team game where you can never trust your team is a bit odd mindset for most players.



Tijsbeek993 #40 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 357
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

I was before playing only for stats. I was having 50% winrate and 800WN8.
Now I play for fun, 1500WN8 and 53% winrate.
 

All my clan members are noob (47% winrate)
But they try there best, some people I am helping with getting better, other's I don't want to because they only say SPG's are UNDERpowered and LIGHTS OVERpowered..

Loll







Also tagged with bad players

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users