Call to arms and improving que waiting time

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Unangwata #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

In few MMO games there is some mechanic that reward players if they que dungeon with class that is currently missing in a que.

What if similar mechanic was implemented into WOT ?

For example waiting time for Tier X game is high. The system could inform player that if he que with tier X tank he will get extra credit reward. This could work with specific type of tanks as well, for example information would say tier X light tanks are needed and get extra reward.

Cobra6 #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Queueueueue times are never high enough to be a problem during normal hours of play (not in the middle of the night).

Rather then playing only tier 10, start queueueueueing up in other tiers.

Cobra 6

Unangwata #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostCobra6, on 21 January 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Queueueueue times are never high enough to be a problem during normal hours of play (not in the middle of the night).

Rather then playing only tier 10, start queueueueueing up in other tiers.

Cobra 6

yeah lower tiers have not that problem. But my intention was tto offset playing cost which may be one of the problem tier X has long wait queue time.

Edited by Unangwata, 21 January 2019 - 10:48 AM.

sgtYester #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55242 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF
why u want to play high tiers?  its just one big pay 2 win ammo (not special ammo) fest against broken russian tanks

Unangwata #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostsgtYester, on 21 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

why u want to play high tiers?  its just one big pay 2 win ammo (not special ammo) fest against broken russian tanks

because of grand Battles. But I agree it's broken. Unbalanced td damage which is ridiculous increase in comparision to previous tiers.

Edited by Unangwata, 21 January 2019 - 11:23 AM.

WhoCares01 #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles
I thought of queueueueue time as a solution to a different topic, that's excessive numbers of fartys esp. in mid tier battles. I thought of a minimum queueueueue time of 24h for fartys, but I might settle for 5mins...

sgtYester #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55242 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View PostUnangwata, on 21 January 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

because of grand Battles. But I agree it's broken. Unbalanced td damage which is ridiculous increase in comparision to previous tiers.

yeah td is capped mostly at 750..but then we get all these new heavies that do 650.. its stupid ..  wg gives each new tank more damage.  

Unangwata #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostsgtYester, on 21 January 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

yeah td is capped mostly at 750..but then we get all these new heavies that do 650.. its stupid ..  wg gives each new tank more damage.  

I meet more FV that can hit you for 1800 and jagd td and similar that hit over 1k. Most balanced game imo is tier 8 but with current MM the tragedy is you can't really play it.

Edited by Unangwata, 21 January 2019 - 11:34 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51177 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostUnangwata, on 21 January 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

In few MMO games there is some mechanic that reward players if they que dungeon with class that is currently missing in a que.

What if similar mechanic was implemented into WOT ?

For example waiting time for Tier X game is high. The system could inform player that if he que with tier X tank he will get extra credit reward. This could work with specific type of tanks as well, for example information would say tier X light tanks are needed and get extra reward.

Except in quiet hours, I've never had a problem with queue times, and even then it is normally only if you are playing tier 1-4 that you get a problem. With Tier X, I can normally get a battle at any time of night within 30 seconds. However, I think your suggestion wold be a disaster. The reason is that if there is a need to switch tier, you'd have to actually find a tank that is fully ready for battle (e.g binos transferred back on to it, ammo re-stocked, etc.) I think I'm actually in the minority in having all of my tanks permanently ready to go with the exception of transferring the crew. But you will definitely get an increase in tanks arriving into the battle with missing binos/camo nets/toolboxes/consumables, and a half empty ammo rack. Note that in all those cases, the system will still let you bring the tank into the battle if you haven't checked the tank properly. Personally I'd prefer to wait 15 seconds longer in the queue for someone else to come along with a properly set up tank.

250swb #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I could see players chasing down rewards all night. 'Oh look, WG need a tier X heavy tank, I'll press the button, oh darn it, somebody beat me too it......' and so on. You'll spend more time faffing about than waiting in a queue. 

Unangwata #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11004 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 21 January 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Except in quiet hours, I've never had a problem with queue times, and even then it is normally only if you are playing tier 1-4 that you get a problem. With Tier X, I can normally get a battle at any time of night within 30 seconds. However, I think your suggestion wold be a disaster. The reason is that if there is a need to switch tier, you'd have to actually find a tank that is fully ready for battle (e.g binos transferred back on to it, ammo re-stocked, etc.) I think I'm actually in the minority in having all of my tanks permanently ready to go with the exception of transferring the crew. But you will definitely get an increase in tanks arriving into the battle with missing binos/camo nets/toolboxes/consumables, and a half empty ammo rack. Note that in all those cases, the system will still let you bring the tank into the battle if you haven't checked the tank properly. Personally I'd prefer to wait 15 seconds longer in the queue for someone else to come along with a properly set up tank.

I don't think it is exactly what I have in mind how it should work. System would not rush you: Go join in next 10 seconds or you will miss reward window. No. It would evaluate current global server situation and take actions in attracting specific tanks accordingly, in advance of new games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users