Swedish medium tree - News? Rumors? Gossip?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Sir_Armand #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17581 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

Any news on the Swedish mediums?

I'ts been awfully quiet since WG announced them. Will it be a branch off the current medium?
Will it be a full 2-10 line?
What vehicles might be in there?

SuedKAT #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

https://thedailyboun...er-viii-medium/

Also: https://worldoftanks...s-to-come-2019/

View PostWG, said:

New Vehicles
At this point we have no concrete plans for a new nation, but the dev team has discussed the possibility of adding a new nation.

At the end of 2016, we released two Swedish tech trees simultaneously, now it's time to add some new vehicles to the nation! Get ready for the arrival of Swedish Medium tanks next year.

Swedish Medium tanks are maneuverable vehicles with fast-firing, accurate guns. But what will really set them apart is the option to switch into Siege Mode - a feature you’ve already seen in the Swedish tank destroyers.

It’s too early to unveil how many vehicles will appear in the new branch and at what tier they will start. At the very least, we can say that we are carefully evaluating candidates and all vehicles will be entirely historical.

We‘re also experimenting with mechanic settings for new Swedish tanks because we’d like to make the switch to Siege Mode automatic. As soon as we completely configure the branch and refine the mechanic, we’ll share new information with you.

ilmavarvas #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16954 battles
  • [GURKO] GURKO

Found a top secret picture from WG's server...

Sir_Armand #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17581 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

"Today the Supertest will get a brand new Swedish tank to test: Lansen C. A brand new Tier VIII medium tank, that comes from the depths of the Swedish archives."

Ok, so it seems as if it will be three new mediums continued from the Leo. 

tank276 #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52039 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostSir_Armand, on 21 January 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Any news on the Swedish mediums?

I'ts been awfully quiet since WG announced them. Will it be a branch off the current medium?
Will it be a full 2-10 line?
What vehicles might be in there?

I am pretty hyped for the line, much more than for the wheeled french vehicles.

Lancen C may be the t8 silver after the Leo, already have unlocked crew xp and amassed 80 k xp on it to be ready.

Have no idea about the t9 and t10 though.

ilmavarvas #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16954 battles
  • [GURKO] GURKO

You can check some of the Swedish vehicles from here:

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/Sweden/Swedish_tanks.php

SuedKAT #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttank276, on 21 January 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

I am pretty hyped for the line, much more than for the wheeled french vehicles.

Lancen C may be the t8 silver after the Leo, already have unlocked crew xp and amassed 80 k xp on it to be ready.

Have no idea about the t9 and t10 though.

Lansen C will most likely be a premium tank, that tend to be what they test the first and release first when it comes to new lines/nations. Personally I hope the tier 8 one won't be some kind of Centurion I, we already got the Primo Victoria and that's enough, however it wouldn't make much sense either considering they want to have the tech tree kinda similar from start to finish these days.

tank276 #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52039 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostSuedKAT, on 21 January 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Lansen C will most likely be a premium tank, that tend to be what they test the first and release first when it comes to new lines/nations. Personally I hope the tier 8 one won't be some kind of Centurion I, we already got the Primo Victoria and that's enough, however it wouldn't make much sense either considering they want to have the tech tree kinda similar from start to finish these days.

Thats a same then dude, will buy it anyhow as I am a medium affiliate, but Primo was enough for a crew trainer (I also have the t6 prem autoloader which is great for its tier and underrated by a lot of people).

SuedKAT #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttank276, on 21 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Thats a same then dude, will buy it anyhow as I am a medium affiliate, but Primo was enough for a crew trainer (I also have the t6 prem autoloader which is great for its tier and underrated by a lot of people).

Got the tier 6 as well, love it to bits! :)

Had enough of Centurions while grinding the UK MT's, but then again that was before they buffed them.

tumppi776 #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 45292 battles
How about fixing the current HT line 1st. Emil II is kind of ok - but Kranvagn has no business being a TX

Balc0ra #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postilmavarvas, on 21 January 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

Found a top secret picture from WG's server...

It's not even an old 240 GL. There is a reason why FIA regulations back in the day had to fix a loophole. As 80's 240 bodies were popular and screwed up anything they hit. 

View PostSuedKAT, on 21 January 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Well, we don't know. We more or less suspect based on the last few Q&A's that it will start form the Leo. But with what? Who knows. Could be the Lansen, It could be a premium indeed. But for all we know it could even be a new FL reward tank. As that too would have tier 8 rewards. And of late there have only been two new tier 8's tested on ST. I'm sure we will know more soon enough. Either way I have 100K ready to go on the Leo. 

View Posttank276, on 21 January 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Tier 6 premium is a bit crew dependent if you have a new crew in it. But overall it's a fun premium IMO. 

tank276 #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52039 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 January 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Tier 6 premium is a bit crew dependent if you have a new crew in it. But overall it's a fun premium IMO. 

I have female crew for my swedish meds,they are at 93% on their 5th skill  :hiding:

SuedKAT #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 January 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Well, we don't know. We more or less suspect based on the last few Q&A's that it will start form the Leo. But with what? Who knows. Could be the Lansen, It could be a premium indeed. But for all we know it could even be a new FL reward tank. As that too would have tier 8 rewards. And of late there have only been two new tier 8's tested on ST. I'm sure we will know more soon enough. Either way I have 100K ready to go on the Leo. 

True we don't know, but based on how they've previously have introduced things I'm fairly certain that the Lansen will be a premium, however only time will tell. Nicely done, I'm still grinding towards it and I somehow doubt I will get there before it launch due how fast I normally grind lines, will be interesting to see what tanks they actually pick in the end though since there are a few to chose from, especially if you include blueprint and "could have been" tanks.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68506 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSuedKAT, on 21 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

True we don't know, but based on how they've previously have introduced things I'm fairly certain that the Lansen will be a premium, however only time will tell. Nicely done, I'm still grinding towards it and I somehow doubt I will get there before it launch due how fast I normally grind lines, will be interesting to see what tanks they actually pick in the end though since there are a few to chose from, especially if you include blueprint and "could have been" tanks.

Well, the Swedish Leo is one of my top 3 fun tanks. So I had little issues grinding it. As I started ages ago after one Q&A just by playing. As it's my go-to tank when grinds get too frustrating. As mine really don't care if he gets +2 all day or not.  

But there is also the non camoed version of the Prima Vic "Strv 81". I suspected they would deskin that once the new line came too. 

Rataplan #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17495 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
I heard a rumour the balance team switched from vodka to aquavit to create this line, so we might be in for a surprise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users