#Rant #Discussion

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

swatdennis #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10656 battles
  • [GIX] GIX

I feel burned out on WOT for quite some time and I feel that the forum is the right place to hear what other people think about the problems I endure in WOT.

First of all: I am bad in writing long things, and English is my secondary language, so if there are some mistakes here or there... Feel free to correct me.

To start of with my first big problem in WOT: Accuracy, yes, you heared that right, Accuracy is my personal biggest problem in WOT.

To clarify what I mean by that is that is that a fully pimped out Strv 74 has .29 accuracy (crew 100%, BIA, Vents, Food), I still miss 33% of my shells. I am not a bad player, I 3 marked that tank in less then 100 battles, but still, how is that possible? The KV-1S has .36 with 100% and BIA, its a brawler, I got 63% hitrate. I have an average of 56,69% hitrate when I am writing this. And don't tell me to aim better, I only fire shots that I calculate in my head that hit, why would I fire otherwise? Half of my shells are missing! (note the video from Lemmingrush in his Leopard 1 from around a year ago, the system did not get changed since then)

My idea's: If more shots land less people are going to spam "Special Ammo" (dont want to get banned from the forums........ "GOLD AMMO"...) because I personally just fire special rounds when I feel I dont want to bother aiming at a lower plate, because I will probally thank the RNG god and miss anyhow.

My personal solution: Just buff every tank EXCLUDING ARTY (I'l come to you later) by halving their accuracy, then there is still a gap in accuracy, but tanks should hit a lot more shots, then armour does not get neglected, because lower plates should be hidden by angeling or by sidescraping, not by RNG. And it stays skillfull because now you just need to know and then aim at weakspots tanks have.

My second point: Arty,

My problems: Can Arty stop being random? I really don't like the Stun, I don't like the module damage, but above all, I DONT LIKE TAKING RANDOM DAMAGE NUMBERS. I accepted the oneshot before, just because it was legit, it just happened. There was no crying, it just happened and you know it. Now arty sometimes deals 100 every 40 seconds. Okay, fine, AND THERE GOES HALF MY HEALTH! (Note: I dont mind a derpgun, I just mind I can't calculate when they are going to click me or how much damage they deal)

The stun is just plain dumb, why do I get stunned from one arty that has a 105 mm but do not get stunned when a KV-2 hits me? Because one comes from the air and the other hits me in the face?

My Idea's: (Left blank intentionally, felt it overlapped too much with solutions)

My solutions:

First of all, I want to give every arty round in the game a solid damage number, with no splash-damage. if the arty hits 1 pixel of my track, full damage, if he misses my track by 1 pixel, nothing, this might seem silly, but hear me out: If you hit you dont stun. (My idea's about the stun are detailed below) Furthermore I want to give everyone an indication that they are about to get hit, and it can be 2 seconds, 3, maybe 1,5, but its something, so you know you are about to get hit.

Furthermore I want to remove the stun as it is now, make it that a tank is spotted for the duration of the stun ONLY WHEN YOU SPLASH instead of the crew is pissing their pants, I have never felt I died because of a stun or that i could not do anything but I just dont like losing control over anything, you need to stay in control of a situation, if you are spotted you can still react. And you get dealt damage, so why should you get punished twice for the same thing?

And who ever thought that Special HE was a good idea? Just throw it in the bin, the statcard does not say it is any better, so why would it be? Magical hidden stats? Just remove it, I only laugh when a clicker fires a lot of credits at my tank and I cant fire a lot of credits back at 'im.

If this is not a good solution give every Arty round just 1 mm of pen and remove a lot of the stun damage.

Personally I would kinda like arty shooting faster, but doing a lot less damage, at least you can move and get out of the way before they have pummled you to death instead of taking 600 to the face.

And my main point is really that I just want to be able and calculate the damage they are dealing and I want to know when they are shooting me. #RemoveRandomness,

And really, those are currently my 2 things I hate in WOT,

I dont mind the OP Prem tanks, because there are so many OP tech tree tanks in this game.

Note: I am not hating the MM, if my gunner would not be drunk I feel I can do a lot more against the higher tiered tanks and I know the MM from 5 years ago... The 1 T8 against a full team of T10 tanks. Please reintroduce that for a week and then go back to 3-5-7.

And as my final thing: Thanks for reading through this mess and commenting if you do, maybe the game gets better because of it. Maybe someone listens and thinks its a good idea, maybe you lot think its horrible.

gpalsson #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yeah well everybody hates arty. 

WG knows at said it themselves.

https://ritastatusre...-tanks-players/

They will probably have to remake arty once again in 2019 or maybe in 2020 but they will do something. We can just hope they won't make it even worse.

Kartoshkaya #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24894 battles
Yeah lol nobody was crying for being oneshooted by arty.

gpalsson #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKartoshkaya, on 21 January 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Yeah lol nobody was crying for being oneshooted by arty.

Hah yeah...only everybody.

jack_timber #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35853 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 21 January 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

What everyone? Fake news, as that guy over the Atlantic ocean would say.

Can you quote some figures, not the ones you can pull out of thin air.

You will be saying next that others only play arty for the missions.

swatdennis #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10656 battles
  • [GIX] GIX
Sorry for interupting here about who hates arty and who does not, but can people actually react to my ideas instead of throwing s**t on a wall and seeing how much of it sticks?

WoT_RU_Doing #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51340 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
It should be 2 cents by the way, not two sense(s)

swatdennis #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10656 battles
  • [GIX] GIX

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 21 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

It should be 2 cents by the way, not two sense(s)

What i said, I did not look up the saying before posting, guess i learned something new today :-)

gpalsson #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjack_timber, on 21 January 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

It's not me who said it, it was Viktor Kislyi from WG.

Maybe click the link I kindly provided before you spread your fake news?

juonimies #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45077 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

I dont. 

Indirect fire is one feature of battlefield. 

In this game it is one way to counter bushcamping overgunned overarmored vehicles. 

Players who dont accept that, please go play some less militaristic game. 

Element6 #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30578 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjack_timber, on 21 January 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Fake news, fundamental attribution error, doesn't really matter. Here is a quote from the linked article;

Block Quote

*sigh* I can hear you…like yeah, everybody hates artillery apart from, artillery players but like in this biological ecosystem there is no way we just cut it out and everything is good.

What does it really say? 

He doesn't state himself that everyone hates artillery, he is referring to a community claim. He says "I can hear you", and then the quote follows, as in I can hear you say this, so they are not his own words. The sentence doesn't even make much sense, because as opposed to pre 8.6 we now have personal missions for SPGs, so even SPG players can play the class for these missions and hate it at the same time. And what is an "arty player", really? Is it one that plays 2% of his battles in SPGs, 10% or 50%? He also hints at WG having some sort of intel about what could happen if they just removed it, since he quite clearly doesn't think that things will be good if they do.

The community make all sorts of claims, eigher because they misinterpret things or interpret them in a way that confirms their already held belief, which sorts under confirmation bias, I.E looking for "evidence" that support your case, even if it is not evidence that supports your case. The very same thing happened with the famous "VTU is a Defender killer" quote. People took it out of context and presented it like WG officially said that the Defender is balanced because a VTU can kill it. In reality the quote was about two players of very different skill, where the one with the lowest skill said that the better player would probably beat him even if he was playing in the Defender and the good player was in the VTU. None of them claimed the Defender was balanced, the quote wasn't about that at all, but the community went looking for "evidence" again and fell into the fundamental attribution error trap and twisted the quote to say something else than it really did.

If you look at what WG really say, they usually never make claims that things are balanced. They say they will look into balancing tanks, but when they make actual claims about a situation they say things like "We are monitoring the issue and we see no trouble at the moment". That is not WG saying that things are balanced, it says what they mean, they see no issues. The logical conclusion then would be that they have a different idea of what constitute "blance" than what the playerbase does. 

But every time WG says something like this the community fall into another bias trap and twist the quotes so that they think WG is saying things are balanced. They are looking for evidence to support their own views, AKA confirmation bias.

The funny thing is of course that people do not actually read the things they quote, they qoute what they think was said.

WoT_RU_Doing #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51340 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postswatdennis, on 21 January 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

What i said, I did not look up the saying before posting, guess i learned something new today :-)

No Probs ;)

Meanwhile...

1. Accuracy is not only the dispersion rating but the dispersion mechanism and RNG. Many players would prefer a system based on a more realistic outcome than currently implemented. Unfortunately, this makes it easier to hit weakpoints etc. so as you say it redices the amount of special ammo that people will use. That costs less, so I suspect WG would prefer not to do so.

2. Arty, and indeed any HE, is supposed to be random from a damage point of view. Adding in the accuracy factor, where most shots do not hit an optimum point, the damage will generally be lower. Your idea that it should be a constant no matter where the hit occurs would not go down well with players, especially if driving e.g. a Maus, which can currently take a hit from many of the arties in game for 0 damage. Currently, arty has (compared to what you suggest). a long reload, a chance of doing a significant amount of damage, but more chance of a near miss and leaving you alive - overall I prefer this to knowing that the next arty shot will take 500 HP off me, especially if I have 400 HP left. As for stun, I agree that it's odd that large HE rounds don't stun when fired by other classes, but if they stunned too, complaints on the game would probably rocket.

2. Arty (cont'd) Premium HE has a bigger splash radius - that's not a hidden stat, it's clearly listed in-game on the stats for the ammunition.

Kartoshkaya #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24894 battles

View Postswatdennis, on 21 January 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Sorry for interupting here about who hates arty and who does not, but can people actually react to my ideas instead of throwing s**t on a wall and seeing how much of it sticks?

I did react to your writings. The point is you say there was no crying about arty one shooting people, wich is totally wrong and was the main purpose of the changes implemented. To me your post lost all interrest at this point cause you're clearly talking for yourself and not from a general point of view. And that's just one point, about accuracy you take tanks with actual bad accuracy and expect them to be accurate, as a solution you want an overall increase of accuracy but this will only affects tanks with bad accuracy (since the others are supposedly already accurate), you again forget about the general point of view. Having tanks with actual crappy accuracy is pretty nice imo and that's the main reason good players don't really like the defender for example, also when you understand this tank can't aim sh*t it's pretty easy to defeat.

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 21 January 2019 - 06:41 PM.

gpalsson #14 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostElement6, on 21 January 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

The funny thing is of course that people do not actually read the things they quote, they qoute what they think was said.

Except arty was had a complete remake by WG after this, and I doubt it was because a few whiners went boohoo.

Arty was a problem no matter if you want to admit it or not and continues to be so. They will remake them again, we (and probably also they) just don't know how yet.

WoT_RU_Doing #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51340 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostKartoshkaya, on 21 January 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

I did react to your writings. The point is you say there was no crying about arty one shooting people, wich is totally wrong and was the main purpose of the changes implemented. To me your post lost all interrest at this point cause you're clearly talking for yourself and not from a general point of view. And that's just one point, about accuracy you take tanks with actual bad accuracy and expect them to be accurate, as a solution you want an overall increase of accuracy but this will only affects tanks with bad accuracy (since the others are supposedly already accurate), you again forget about the general point of view. Having tanks with actual crappy accuracy is pretty nice imo and that's the main reason good players don't really like the defender for example, also when you understand this tank can't aim sh*t it's pretty easy to defeat.

If you'd read what he said, you'd have seen he said there was no crying when HE got one-shotted, and clearly implies he didn't cry about it. Ironic when Element's post above yours explains in detail the issues with people quoting out of context.

gpalsson #16 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 21 January 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

If you'd read what he said, you'd have seen he said there was no crying when HE got one-shotted, and clearly implies he didn't cry about it. Ironic when Element's post above yours explains in detail the issues with people quoting out of context.

Quoting out of context? What? 

Yeah there was no problem everybody loved arty that's why WG decided to rework it completely (even if it was badly done).

Sure man.

Element6 #17 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30578 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgpalsson, on 21 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Except arty was had a complete remake by WG after this, and I doubt it was because a few whiners went boohoo.

Arty was a problem no matter if you want to admit it or not and continues to be so. They will remake them again, we (and probably also they) just don't know how yet.

Some aspects of it got a complete remake, the shells, the rest were mere adjustments. Stun was added, relaod, aim etc. was tweaked and indirect nature was left completely untouched. Two tiers was added + a set of incentives with missions.

Nobody is denying that they are an issue, the question is to how many. Just about all aspects of the game is an issue, for certain parts of the playerbase. I have never claimed that SPGs were not a problem to the players that dislike indirect fire. A new remake will probably just rework who it is any issue for.

Take map changes for example, in polls and discussions some players love the new changes and some players hate the new changes. So map changes made things better for some people and worse for some people, I.E simply a shift of who got the better end of the deal.

No action without an equal and opposite reaction and all that.

WoT_RU_Doing #18 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51340 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postgpalsson, on 21 January 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Quoting out of context? What?

Yeah there was no problem everybody loved arty that's why WG decided to rework it completely (even if it was badly done).

Sure man.

Try reading what I wrote, and what he wrote....he never said anything about players crying/not crying over one shots...he was talking about himself

gpalsson #19 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostElement6, on 21 January 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Some aspects of it got a complete remake, the shells, the rest were mere adjustments. Stun was added, relaod, aim etc. was tweaked and indirect nature was left completely untouched. Two tiers was added + a set of incentives with missions.

Nobody is denying that they are an issue, the question is to how many. Just about all aspects of the game is an issue, for certain parts of the playerbase. I have never claimed that SPGs were not a problem to the players that dislike indirect fire. A new remake will probably just rework who it is any issue for.

Take map changes for example, in polls and discussions some players love the new changes and some players hate the new changes. So map changes made things better for some people and worse for some people, I.E simply a shift of who got the better end of the deal.

No action without an equal and opposite reaction and all that.

In this context, no reaction and bla bla doesn't apply at all. Half the playerbase would not suddenly dislike it if gold to exp conversion went to half cost. Your claim is purely rhetorical and has no bearing.

Arty had a complete rework. Every single arty had changes made to them and a completely new mechanic was introduced, except one or two premium arty. Also, we went from max 5 to max 3 because most people realized that games with more than 3 arty were terrible and pointless.

Discussing how big a percentage think arty is a problem is nonsense, and has no point. I don't know why you want to talk about it. Viktor said everybody so that's what I wrote, he didn't say 79.67%. What we know is that it was enough of a problem that WG decides to do something as drastic as that. And it still is.  There will be a rework, and WG want it to be one that doesn't create too big a backlash from players with only one arm who might as well be playing a singleplayer game, and at the same time doesn't annoy the rest. It's not easy.

Limited the harm arty causes without alienating the clicking enthusiasts too much ... idk.

Wargaming will have to figure it out.

Erwin_Von_Braun #20 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40383 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

WG knows at said it themselves.

https://ritastatusre...-tanks-players/

They will probably have to remake arty once again in 2019 or maybe in 2020 but they will do something. We can just hope they won't make it even worse.

Really?

This thread is currently still open - result seems pretty decisive to me...

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/697463-would-you-pay-gold-not-to-play-with-arty/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users