Question about APCRs and end-battle income

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

r3dt4g #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2713 battles

So i just had a game where i played as a german heavy tank (tier 4) against tier 2\3\4 (was top tier i the game).

I bought 10 APCRs and 105 octane fuel (to see how this stuff works).

at the end of the battle i had one kill, mostly because im much slower then many in my team and far more cautious.

i spent 8 APCRs on my target (it was a tier 4 french heavy tank that i couldn't damage with normal AP shells even when hitting him from its side).

my team won the match

end match result, i lost 8k silver

why? because i spent pretty much all my silver on resupplying APCRs

and it not counting the 20k silver octane fuel that is a single use bonus

i checked the results with a premium account, there i list "only" 2k silver

all in all i was still in the red

even with 1 kill

not a single scratch on my tank

and on the winning side

so... can someone explain to me the logic of this economy?

even with a premium account, im unable to use APCRs or special bonuse items, because if i will use them i will go bankrupt?

WindSpIitter1 #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 278 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Why would you assume that getting an advantage should come with no penalties? Premium account is not meant as a 'free pass' for someone to gain the constant advantage of using premium ammo.

Stig_Stigma #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12140 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
Buu double premium. WG is so nice that they allow you to buy credits too.

Ever heard of premium tanks... WG is so nice that they sell them constantly... Also you win easy with them premiums. Buy defender be bully. Buy skorpion u pen with or without apcr. WG is so nice.... What r u talking about?

This game is free to log in man. Hahaha

Alabamatick #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles
Damage gets you credits, not kills and you didn't play against tier 2's, (unless the T2 LT still does ?), post a replay / screenshot

Dorander #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18688 battles

1 kill isn't a lot, and the damage you did with those shells matters too. That said, I wouldn't expect a profit when firing 8 premium shells, not on a non-premium tank.

Unless you have a lot of excess credits, you're not going to be able to spam premium rounds. The game is designed to make you bleed credits doing that, even with a premium account. Premium account really helps but the real credit-earners are premium tanks.

r3dt4g #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2713 battles

View PostWindSpIitter1, on 21 January 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Why would you assume that getting an advantage should come with no penalties? Premium account is not meant as a 'free pass' for someone to gain the constant advantage of using premium ammo.

i wouldnt call it a constant advantage...

i just tested the economy using premium account + premium ammo + a single bonus item

in game where my tank is not damaged and my team wins

to see if it even worth it, and apparently there is simply no reason to pay for a premium account or use premium ammo because even if you win, you will in fact loose anyways

and it appears that the only way to enjoy this game and progress while enjoying it

is to buy a premium high tier tank

or to avoid spending on anything except researched equipment and normal AP resupplys

enu_ #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22792 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
you are here for 7 years?

Captain_Kremen0 #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37998 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

do not buy a tier 8 premium - please - you will get wasted

learn the game and progress using NO premium ammo - work your way up there is no Pay to the top in this game

ApocalypseSquad #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27067 battles

At T4 you are never going to make enough money to run fuel like that, and a premium account is not going to allow you to spam premium ammo.  You may get away with a shot or two and stay in credit, but more than that and you have to be good and hitting with everything to make it pay.

A lot of people on here say WoT is pay to win due to premium ammo and accounts - and I guess there is an element of truth in that if you are willing to sacrifice progress to hit that '2' button.  Personally I prefer to maintain a healthy profit.

AliceUnchained #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 38887 battles
  • [322] 322
First off, at low Tiers premium consumables will almost never make you a profit. Especially when you get them at full price. Then, if you contribute very little, which seems to be the case with this game based on the description you've given, you will earn a low amount of credits only. I don't see an issue with this really, as it means you have to contribute to earn credits and sustaining premium habits is very difficult.

Homer_J #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAlabamatick, on 21 January 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

Damage gets you credits, not kills and you didn't play against tier 2's, (unless the T2 LT still does ?), post a replay / screenshot

Nope, not even the T2 light does.  Luckily nobody noticed.

DeadLecter #12 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26623 battles
Wait till you get to tier X. You can say hello to -50k credit loss even if you pen every single shot.

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18876 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postr3dt4g, on 21 January 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

So i just had a game where i played as a german heavy tank (tier 4) against tier 2\3\4 (was top tier i the game).

at the end of the battle i had one kill, mostly because im much slower then many in my team and far more cautious.

i spent 8 APCRs on my target (it was a tier 4 french heavy tank that i couldn't damage with normal AP shells even when hitting him from its side).

my team won the match

even with 1 kill

and on the winning side

even with a premium account, im unable to use APCRs or special bonuse items, because if i will use them i will go bankrupt?

You must be doing something wrong, or maybe RNG was in his favour for that battle. 

T4 French Heavy and you cant pen him? I often play Matilda and that has no probs with the T4 French Heavy using ordinary ammo. 

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28997 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postr3dt4g, on 21 January 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

my team won the match

even with 1 kill

and on the winning side

premium ammo is not meant to be spammed.

as a rule of thumb, premium ammo used on a tank one tier above you will break even and used on a tank two tiers above you, it will be a profit.

I play for free and use premium ammo sparingly. In average, I break even at tier 9 and make a profit up to tier 8, except when using tanks with bad guns.

You also need to be careful about premium ammo that sometimes is an exceptionally bad deal. Some of these shells deal very little damage.

Look for example at the Luchs' shells, they cost 1200 credits for 30 damage !!

Credits loss guaranteed.

Premium ammo is best used when it's damage/cost ratio is high, for example KV-2's HEAT, 700 Damage for 4800 credits.

23:37 Added after 2 minutes

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 22 January 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

You must be doing something wrong, or maybe RNG was in his favour for that battle. 

T4 French Heavy and you cant pen him? I often play Matilda and that has no probs with the T4 French Heavy using ordinary ammo. 

maybe he was playing DW2 using the 75mm gun. it is full potato with only 43mm pen. there is only one tier 4 French heavy, the B1. if it's angled correctly, the DW2 has nearly zero chance to pen.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 22 January 2019 - 12:38 AM.

SABAOTH #15 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40153 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Gold ammo are pay to win ammo.

You use them you pay for an advantage, you lose silver.

:coin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users